Rolling Hills Developmental Center Employee Reviews

Stressful and hostile, almost unproductive workplace
Direct Care Worker (DCW) (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSApril 2, 2019
Typical day the people you cared for are well behaved if treated properly from the shift before. I was mid day so I cared for them at the most active time of the day. My job was to keep them clean, feed them dinner and do various activities to keep them happy and entertained. Sometimes our job is made difficult due to the nature of resident's conditions and sometimes because of rules and regulations. Most supervisors nit picked but never helped. very few people were willing to help with other peoples caseload even though worker there is suppose to be a team effort. Because of rules and regulations co workers are forced to have a worry about their own work attitude. Communication was very poor when i worked there I'm not sure how it is now.
Pros
Smiles on the residents faces
Cons
Low pay, No Help, No communication
Horrible
LPN (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSJuly 4, 2018
Run as fast as you can! The turn over rate at this place is ridiculous. I absolutely loved the residents but management was horrible. Management would look for reasons to fire workers. Not exaggerating management would literally sneak in through the back doors at night trying to find a reason to fire people over the smallest things then expect remaining staff to work extra to cover for the short staffing.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Management and short staffing
Poor Place To Work
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSMay 27, 2018
It's an ok job. Rolling Hills has poor pay for the things you have to do. It's something new everyday. It's ran poorly & they don't even consider the care for the employees. They take away your off days just because they are short. Not your problem
Pros
Experience
Cons
Poor management
Pretty good
Direct Supprt Professional (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSMarch 4, 2018
Pretty good . Rolling hills was a great experience for me , I learned how to use my patience extremely well by interacting with mentally ill people. I’d recommend it to anyone .
it was just a job
DSP (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSDecember 28, 2017
rolling hills was an okay place. i just did not like the 4-12 shift. sometimes rolling hills can be very stressful very stressful. and some days it will go smoothly.
Pros
breaks
Cons
short breaks
Good Environment
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSMay 12, 2017
Great Co workers, good o bosses and Great pay. Good opportunity to move up in Healthcare field. They are willingly to give one a chance to purse a career.
I should have kept looking.
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSDecember 29, 2016
To many chiefs and not enough Indians. Lots of gossiping and bickering. So many rules that you can't keep up. In order to work together as a team they must know how to come together and clearly they dont.
Cons
Its an okay just need more staff.
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSAugust 24, 2016
It's a great place to work if you like helping others. It's a nice environment. The staff can be very messy but the residents are very nice and sweet.
Pros
30 minute lunches and paid breaks
Cons
No set time on breaks
Great to help clients
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSJuly 22, 2015
Great job and learn to adapt to different personalities. Its a rewarding job with the clients. Learn so much from the clients. Great management who were caring and made the clients feel special.
Pros
learning from the clients
Nursing Home
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSMarch 20, 2015
I work with my clients to the best of my ability and make sure they are taken care of every day. I learned at this job not to be buddy's with your co-worker and just do your job and don't worry about making friends.
Wonderful Place to Work
Direct Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSMarch 27, 2013
A typical day at work at Rolling Hills consists of helping your residents with their everyday needs, such as personal hygiene, eating, toiletry; and taking showers. Also, keeping the clients room neat and clean was an everyday duty and it was rewarding. Clients enjoyed having clean rooms.

Management was great at well. My coworkers were very friendly and easy to work with.

There was nothing hard about this job.

The most enjoyable part of this job was putting a smile on the clients faces' when I helped them accomplish their everyday needs and helped to keep their room organized and clean.
Pros
insurance benefits; paid vacations; making clients happy
Cons
the pay was very low.