Rollins College Employee Reviews

Over all a good place to work
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLApril 17, 2019
I have been at Rollins for 15 years. I have seen several managers come and go and have had no real problems with them. The trouble here is lack of policies and lower pay than industry standard. there is ample opportunity to learn new things and gain experience. I have enjoyed my time here.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Pay and policy follow through
Welcoming colleagues
Visiting Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLMarch 30, 2019
People are friendly and welcoming. Campus is beautiful. Opportunities to interact with people across departments and collaborate with various departments.
Very strong HR
Emergency Manager (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLFebruary 12, 2019
The Human Resources Department is a strong area for the College. They are responsive and supportive. The downside is that there is not much professional development with the department.
Highly Reccommend
ADMINISTRATIVE & OPERATIONS ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FL 32789January 26, 2019
Best office culture I've ever experienced. Rollins offers excellent benefits like health, vision, dental, 401k, and tuition waive. If you get a chance to work here, do it!
Productive and fun place to work at.
Assistant / Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLDecember 31, 2018
Rollins College is a productive and fun place to work.
As a student, my manager worked with my class schedule to accommodate me. A typical day consisted of marketing and clerical work.
Great benefits, low salary
Associate Creative Director (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLDecember 27, 2018
Rollins is a great place to work, especially if you want to continue your education. They work/life balance was great in my department which allowed me to complete my degree. Don't expect to be paid industry standard.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
pay
good job setting and learning
Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLDecember 16, 2018
My boss is very nice and allows me to grow. I use various skills to gain usefulness for my future. They have a very good management team and help me with anything I made need.
great culture
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLDecember 3, 2018
Beautiful campus and great place to work. This college offers work/life balance and long term career opportunities. There is advancement opportunity and a lot of support.
Good employer
Intern (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLNovember 29, 2018
I didn't work here long, but I know many people who did work here in various capacities. Based on this background, I feel confident in my opinion that Rollins is an excellent institution with dedicated employees and competent management.
Fun work Environment
RESIDENT ASSISTANT/TUTOR (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 30, 2018
It is a great company with a positive atmosphere and presents opportunities for advancements. It is a family friendly atmosphere with multiple opportunities to network with higher ups.
Work study position, fast paced
Biology Department Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLAugust 2, 2018
Work study position at Rollins college. Fast paced but also flexible hours for students which is highly convenient. Great experience for students looking to get into certain fields after graduation.
Good Place
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 11, 2018
Adjunct professors are treated fairly. The contract terms are clearly stated concerning salary expectations. Adjuncts are afforded all the discounts as full time faculty.
It
Information Technology Lab Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 3, 2018
This was a survival job on a college campus while working towards my first college degree. I loved having to work for an Information Technology Department of a college.
An interesting and exciting place to work
Campus Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJune 25, 2018
Patrolling the campus and insuring the safety of the students and staff was never dull. It was difficult watching students obsess and panic during exams. The academic environment helped me to rehab my brain and stimulate me to learn more.
Pros
Free tuition
Cons
There were no cons
Pleasant Work Enviornment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJune 11, 2018
The campus at Rollins is breathtakingly beautiful. The people are friendly and all have a deep love for the school and their jobs. The employees have all been there for a long time and they have cultivated a family environment.
Pros
Facilities are Wonderful
Cons
Parking is poor
Complicated
Teacher at Hume House (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLMay 5, 2018
The advancement in my department is small. The pay for my position is not enough. The children and philosophy are amazing. I would like there to be more availability for advancements and raises.
Liked my position
Theatre Work-Study (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLDecember 29, 2017
My job at Rollins was a fun job but I wish there were more available hours to work around my school schedule. I was able to come in when I had time but with my full time internship, there aren't any evening hours.
A fun workplace
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLSeptember 13, 2017
I was employed part time at Rollins College as a lifeguard.
The workplace was very relaxing. I was responsible for the safety of patrons in the pool area.
Pros
Free Lunches, Flexible scheduling
Cons
The Florida Sun
Great benefits but low salaries and not great work-life balance
Student Services (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJuly 17, 2017
It has become a pretty tough place to be hired because they require a masters and significant experience within the field for each position. Depending on the department, there may be a decent amount of room for advancement, but people tend to stay here. With the size of their endowment and cost of tuition, the College should definitely increase the salary of its employees. We're far below market value at other similar institutions, and they don't seem to account for the cost of living in Winter Park and the Orlando area. The benefits and overall community are generally what keep people here. They offer great healthcare, 25 days of PTO, generous holiday leave (1-2 weeks at Christmas), and fantastic employer retirement matching. It's a great place to work at the higher level manager positions, but lower level professionals are not paid well and are given the work that 3 employees should cover to be successful.
Pros
Benefits package, campus community, Pto, holidays, well-known company, tuition remission
Cons
Salary, work-life balance, advancement opportunities
Amazing workplace
STUDENT MEDIA MARKETING COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJuly 3, 2017
I had an amazing experience with there. Although the time was short, I would not take any of it back. I mostly worked on the betterment of the web content of this job
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rollins College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6