Rollins College Employee Reviews

Work study position, fast paced
Biology Department Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLAugust 2, 2018
Work study position at Rollins college. Fast paced but also flexible hours for students which is highly convenient. Great experience for students looking to get into certain fields after graduation.
Good Place
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 11, 2018
Adjunct professors are treated fairly. The contract terms are clearly stated concerning salary expectations. Adjuncts are afforded all the discounts as full time faculty.
It
Information Technology Lab Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 3, 2018
This was a survival job on a college campus while working towards my first college degree. I loved having to work for an Information Technology Department of a college.
An interesting and exciting place to work
Campus Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJune 25, 2018
Patrolling the campus and insuring the safety of the students and staff was never dull. It was difficult watching students obsess and panic during exams. The academic environment helped me to rehab my brain and stimulate me to learn more.
Pros
Free tuition
Cons
There were no cons
Pleasant Work Enviornment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJune 11, 2018
The campus at Rollins is breathtakingly beautiful. The people are friendly and all have a deep love for the school and their jobs. The employees have all been there for a long time and they have cultivated a family environment.
Pros
Facilities are Wonderful
Cons
Parking is poor
Complicated
Teacher at Hume House (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLMay 5, 2018
The advancement in my department is small. The pay for my position is not enough. The children and philosophy are amazing. I would like there to be more availability for advancements and raises.
Liked my position
Theatre Work-Study (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLDecember 29, 2017
My job at Rollins was a fun job but I wish there were more available hours to work around my school schedule. I was able to come in when I had time but with my full time internship, there aren't any evening hours.
A fun workplace
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLSeptember 13, 2017
I was employed part time at Rollins College as a lifeguard.
The workplace was very relaxing. I was responsible for the safety of patrons in the pool area.
Pros
Free Lunches, Flexible scheduling
Cons
The Florida Sun
Great benefits but low salaries and not great work-life balance
Student Services (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJuly 17, 2017
It has become a pretty tough place to be hired because they require a masters and significant experience within the field for each position. Depending on the department, there may be a decent amount of room for advancement, but people tend to stay here. With the size of their endowment and cost of tuition, the College should definitely increase the salary of its employees. We're far below market value at other similar institutions, and they don't seem to account for the cost of living in Winter Park and the Orlando area. The benefits and overall community are generally what keep people here. They offer great healthcare, 25 days of PTO, generous holiday leave (1-2 weeks at Christmas), and fantastic employer retirement matching. It's a great place to work at the higher level manager positions, but lower level professionals are not paid well and are given the work that 3 employees should cover to be successful.
Pros
Benefits package, campus community, Pto, holidays, well-known company, tuition remission
Cons
Salary, work-life balance, advancement opportunities
Amazing workplace
STUDENT MEDIA MARKETING COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJuly 3, 2017
I had an amazing experience with there. Although the time was short, I would not take any of it back. I mostly worked on the betterment of the web content of this job
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
I really enjoyed working therer.
Librarian/ Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJune 22, 2017
A typical day of work was normal. The management was great and it was always a joy meeting new people. The most enjoyable part about this job was the staff as we made a good team.
What I learned
Student Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJune 14, 2017
Given that I was still in college during this time, I was absorbing professional information like a sponge. Rollins College provided the student success department with a very real look into what it means to be responsible for people other than yourself.
Great Culture
Associate (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJune 9, 2017
I've worked at Rollins for the last number of years. As with any job, your attitude determines if you like it or not.

The culture is very service oriented, and we go above and beyond to please the students/staff/administrators/vendors, etc.

It is very competitive getting in. Not many positions become available.

The benefits (paid-time-off) are good. The health benefits not so great. A single person can pay close to $300 monthly for insurance premium, while a family can pay close to $600.00 monthly. The college does help with an HRA account which deposits money into a MasterCard to help off-set the costs of the deductible, prescribed medication, etc.
Pros
friendly coworkers
It was nice getting paid for experience in a school environment
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJune 1, 2017
My job at Rollins was just a work study job, but it was nice to be getting experience in a theatre and be getting paid for it. I would work five hours every other day when classes and scheduling would allow, but I couldn't be in for all of the time that I wanted to be.
Te sientes en familia
Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FloridaMay 31, 2017
Tus superiores te hacen sentir humano y valorado/a como persona. Son faciles de contactar y están dispuestos yudarte ocn cualquier dificultad porque al final del dia, estás trabajando para ayudar a otros seres humanos con diferentes personalidades y opiniones a las tuyas.
A great place to be
Phonathon Caller (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLMay 16, 2017
The environment is homey and flexible. They expect good work but also independent thinking, initiative and active participation and suggestions. Very dynamic place, working towards educating the future
it was productive
Temporary Summer Employee (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLMay 8, 2017
the type of work was as a handy man you get to go all around the Rollins campus to work on thins such as pluming or electrician everything was for you to get better.
Pros
learn alot
Cons
long breaks
Helping Rollins faculty and staff to rejuvenate
Yoga Instructor (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLMarch 24, 2017
I taught Yoga Rejuvenation Break for almost four years at Rollins College while I was an undergraduate student. I enjoyed the moment very much as I got to know professors and staff members.
Efficient and relaxing culture with good people to work with
User Services and Helpdesk Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLMarch 15, 2017
Typical work day consists of answering and responding to client requests in resolving various technical questions relating to computer, smart phone or tablet based problems. Campus utilizes both Apple and PC platforms. Assist in troubleshooting audio/video classroom setup and telephone outages.
Pros
Friendly and helpful collegues
Cons
None significant enough to mention
Rollins demonstrates its core values of Excellence, Innovation, and Community.
Student Assistant - Department of Psychology (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJanuary 11, 2017
Working as a student-assistant at Rollins College was a great opportunity for me as I was completing work for my undergraduate degrees. It provided work experience in interacting with a broad cross section of people. I feel fortunate to have witnessed the modeling of excellence throughout the many departments across campus; it was an effective training for my own expression of excellence moving forward.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rollins College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6