Rollins Employee Reviews

poor work place
Account Manager & Dept. of Agriculture Licens (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 18, 2018
move on this place is not have a good work environment. Their good on telling you what you got to do not what they want you to do and don't forget the many drug test they have first thing in the morning the swab.
Pros
Cons
fgwrgrwth
The most stressful and dishonest company you could work for
Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 11, 2018
This job fools you with above average pay but there's plenty they won't tell you when you are interviewing. Its a horribly dishonest company that will expect you to routinely rip off customers and perform shoddy work due to their inability to provide you with information or material. They will rip you off as the technician in a myriad of ways. My last check was almost 2k short for example. They will expect you to work 10-13 hour days and work weekends and holidays. On a rotating basis you will also be required to be on call for 24 hours a day, 7 days a week periodically, for no extra pay of course. The management micro manages and stresses you out beyond belief every chance they get. I cannot stress enough to avoid this job. It was honestly one of the worst experiences of my life. Go anywhere but Orkin.
Pros
The pay, when they decide to pay you
Cons
Literally everything else.
Joke
Commercial Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 3, 2018
This place puts all the has been’s in Positions and think they know something. I got so sick of hearing how good these Managers were, if they were so good at their previous companies - why aren’t they still there. I would never leave a company if I met goals ( which these are ignorant) every month and was a sales leader. This is a bunch of want to be’s who have not been successful in their other positions, so they end up here trying to manage people. They have no sales experience, but try to tell you to go do 22,000/ month. They couldn’t sell ice cubes to people in Arizona!! Very greedy, low paying company that I would not recommend to anyone. I don’t think they understand this is a contract business and businesses just don’t jump ship everyday! But they expect you do have them do this. A joke is all I can say.
Pros
Cons
Micro Managed, all they care about is your monthly goal and bad business acumen. Will lie to get jobs.
terrible business practice
Franchise Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  southeastAugust 31, 2018
Was a franchise owner that was bought out by them. They had another company they owned in same area as other franchise owners as well. They poured hundreds of thousands into making the company owned business flourish and for the franchise owners, all they were looking to do was devalue the franchises so they could buy them out at pennies on the dollar and turn them into company owned instead of franchise. They put a lot of owners out of business and ruined a lot of good people. All they care about is the bottom line. People mean nothing to them.
Pros
non
Cons
management
Work in the field and not much o know about the management style
Project/Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAAugust 29, 2018
Work in the field and not much to interfere about the management style and the culture itself. Not much to say about the company in itself. Working regularly to satisfy clients of their needs and requirements.
Pros
Paid overtime yoiu work extra hours
Cons
Too work load that overwhelms you to complete tasks.
N/a
Accounts Receivable Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 28, 2018
A typical day is working backwards clearing aging that wasn't worked from 2016 and 2017 work environment was good but micromanaging has begun because of the state of the accounts are in not to the current employees fault. This would be the hardest part of the job. Teams are great and like management just things were over looked. I've learned a lot with portfolio and happy I had the opportunity to learn and to learn about Orkin.
Good
Maintenance technication (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLAugust 24, 2018
Great place to work. Fun friendly staff. Decent work hours. Great benifits package.
Could be better pay for a biweekly job. Great place to retire....
Management / only.thinking about money
Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 1, 2018
Company !!!! it’s ok for different people not me it’s stressful, I went to go see a doctor ....?the company don’t care about you or personal reason just work work work and more work - - when customers complain about when job not correct it’s all your fault - or the reason you are not doing a good job it comeback on you . some believe it’s you’re fault- training job suck when i first started because the job was rush to put me on the schedule they need Tech’s - and they let go people been there for many years - job sometimes a joke . when management got replaced got worse with management (kiss Butt) it’s all about numbers- really stressful
Pros
Work. Truck
11 Years and Growing
Manager of Operations (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 1, 2018
As a millennial I get that a lot of us move from job to job. But not here. I started when I was 20 while I was in college. My plan was to stay for 1 year then on to my career. I have now been here for 11 years and I now know am in my career. Rollins is a great company to work for and I am always learning something new. Yes, it is a conservative company but there is growth potential. I have been climbing the ladder since I have started and can still grow here. I work 40 hours a week... and receive great benefits. The only thing I wish is that the company would let me have facial hair. But you take some and you lose some battles. Join our team, you wont regret it.
Pros
Growth Opportunities
Cons
Appearance Policy
Bad place to work STAY AWAY!!
Pest Management Professional (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJuly 30, 2018
The management was horrible and the only thing they are interested in is making quotas. Poor management lead to a high turnover rate. And there is a poor home to worklife ballance.
Pros
Cons
Everyrhing about that company
Great place to work.
Instructional Designer/Developer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 26, 2018
Design learning experiences that provide special tools for training in the field. My manager knows and trusts me to get the job done without micromanaging.
Pros
Great tools to work with and opportunities to learn
Cons
Conservative culture that is not consistant across the company
Stressful and long hours
Commercial Services (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 25, 2018
Seriously a cruddy company. They do not care about you or your personal life. It's really all about how much revenue you can bring in and how many accounts you can service on a particular day.

They give you vacation time, but of you want to take it, it is up to you to restructure your accounts in order to take the time off. So imagine if you want to take a week off. You end up working your tail off the other 3 weeks and putting in extra days to get the work done. There is NO ONE to help you and you end up regretting taking the time off. Because the normal schedule is next to impossible to complete, so imagine the stress in adding work on your other days in order to take some time off.

Management has a tendency to micro manage everything that you do, and they never seem to have any thing good say they always try to knock you down

And you're not just a technician you have to be a bill collector and a Salesman all rolled up in one and they look down on you if a customer happens to cancel
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Micro-managing and long hours and no family life
Awful place to work!!
Termite Inspector (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 14, 2018
The management and pay was awful!! The employees stabbed each other in the back!! Refer a friend or relative only if you despise them!! The pay was not anything close to what I was told in my interview...
Cons
Steer clear of this place...
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 12, 2018
Do yourself a favor and stay away from this business. If you get on someone's bad side they will set you up. You can't go to HR because they've all been there for years and will not help you. I promise you will be out the door for one little thing you do wrong if you do. They barely train you and expect you to know the entire handbook within your probationary period. If you have no other choice but to go here, you better not be willing to stand for anything. You better be a dog on a leash. Do as your told, get stepped on and looked over.
Rollins
Route Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 9, 2018
Hours and pay are very inconsistent and very physically demanding. The working conditions are the worst possible scenes and scenarios. There are those who make a career of it but most do not last a month.
Pros
Somewhat manage yourself
Cons
Worst possible working conditions
Great Company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 26, 2018
Great company to work for. Some days are more demanding than others. Prioritizing and well coordinated time management are essential. The environment is corporate.
Pros
Believe in promoting within
Cons
healthcare
Internship
Helpdesk Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 26, 2018
This was an internship. I really think it prepared me for what to expect in the real world of working in a Helpdesk Opportunity. Here they also gave me an change to even assist with Desktop support for about a week. The gave me a great experience and I really appreciated it.
Great place
Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 23, 2018
Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.
Stabled Company
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 17, 2018
If you're looking for a stabled company or job security, this is the company to work for. There are very few layoffs and you don't have to worry about being fired unless you're terrible at your job. There is some flexibility depending on which department you work in.
Pros
work/life balance, coworkers are willing to help
Cons
career advancements, not ideal for millennials
Strict place to work
Inbound Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Covington, GAJune 13, 2018
Not very flexible, job bids every quarter so there is no set schedule to balance work/life. Management is not as professional as you would expect being a national company. There are a lot of catty quarrels with upper management.
Pros
Great pay to comission
Cons
very stressful work environment, high turnover