Rollins Employee Reviews

Rushed work, poor management
Route Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 3, 2018
Management doesn't care about employees, favoritism is a big issue. Pay is commission based so you could work 60hrs but when you get payed you will be disappointed. They have a very generic excuse "well, you didn't put in enough time throughout the week" "this is your first year, it'll get better", even though in the interview they say "I didn't have a tech make less than 50k their first year". My pay for a month was 1,000 for an entire month over 120 hrs do the math.
Pros
Company truck for 120$ a month
Cons
Pay 120$ to use company truck every month
worst job ever
Termite Technician (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCJanuary 11, 2018
They don't appreciate people lack of pay for termite techs! At first you think it's peaches but when the insulation installs come that's when you see pay isn't worth it
Not for family oriented people.
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 6, 2018
If you are young, HS grad or drop out with GED,,...you can make good money at your young age. Be expected to work LONG HOURS, in crawl spaces, attics etc.
Pros
Good if young
Cons
Hours, chemicals, mngt
I was lied about my hour's and pay...Also the lack of integrity and honesty with the customer's.
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Woodland Park, NJDecember 12, 2017
Do not waste your time with this company. They lie about the hour's and pay to lure you in. Once you are hire and working for the company it's totally the opposite of what you were told.
Pros
Leaving the company.
Cons
Rigid; face paced; learning enviorment
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 6, 2017
I worked at Orkin for 13 years, in that time I had three different positions. There is alot of room for growth but, I had a good manager so he saw the best in me and took that to the next level. There was hardly a team feeling though, it felt like high school at times. A typical day would be speaking with customers, working on billing, deposits. I am grateful for what I learned; I would work there again if I was able to. I miss my co-workers. The only thing that was not enjoyable was people did not care about other people. When people were sick or you had a death in the family no one cared. It was get the job done or get out mentality.
Pros
good pay, insurance, room for advancement
Cons
not personable, not mature, couldn't be myself
Worst company since new managament
Technician (Former Employee) –  OhioSeptember 20, 2017
Working for a company of over 18 years and let go!! Lots of awards for a job well done until new manager comes in. You work long hours, don't give the customers the service they really need with the new phone systems!!! Reporting to higher up does no good.
Pros
Company Truck
Cons
Long Hours Demanded
Horrible
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  State College, PASeptember 1, 2017
This place is horrible the management is so disrespectful to employees all they care is getting services done for the month if you miss a couple of days the freak out on you and tell you that the diss obey corporate procedures I do not recommend this job to anyone
Pros
There are no pros to this job
Cons
Work environment is horrible
POOR appreciation for hard work
Termite Technician (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VASeptember 1, 2017
I worked for orlin for over 3 years. Termite side with cross training to do everything else the company can sell. First 2 years were great. Upon relocation to a different region (va). I was terminated for heath reasons. Going through HR I was able to get my job back. In this process I still in the end was let go for something out of my control. Horrible micro management! NOT WORTH THE PAY AND STRESS AND DAMAGE TO ONES HEALTH!
Not great, but ok.
Sales home inspector (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 25, 2017
As a sales/home Inspector, don't expect to make a ton of money. In interviews, most will promise an endless supply of sales. The hard truth is that your pay will fluctuate. They pay is not ideal if you are use to a certain amount every month. If you don't have to work or are using it to supplement your income, go for it.
You will pay for the privilege to drive their car. Do not expect to have your weekends off or even get home at a good time of the evening. If you make good sales, they will always ask for more.
Pros
Good customer interaction
Cons
Unreal expectations
worlplace
Mail Processor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 8, 2017
great job and benefits loved the flying perks of the job and the benefits of the job I have nothing bad to say about this job I should have never left
Want lots of production and no days off
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 24, 2017
Honestly the Orkin side is alright, but Home team has been a nightmare. To be fair it's most likely the Tucson branch management. They are very dishonest. Work life balance will be talked about in meetings, but you will not go home. You will talk about going home. Unrealistic expectations and really is becoming more of a spray and leave low quality place. I'm thankful for a job but this isn't the place to work in Tucson. Thank you.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
You wont have a home life and management is manipulative.
Interesting project
Implementation Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 4, 2017
Contract work to build a national campaign to implement new office and field software. Created training for all employees including Train the Trainer program.
Pros
Challenging nationwide project
Cons
Expansion was based on proprietary software. Ultimately needed to redesign.
Terrible
Route Manager (Former Employee) –  KYMay 22, 2017
Terrible, terrible, terrible. There 2 months. We ran out of stock 2 times. I have worked in pest control,before this, 20 years. The biggest insult is that when people think pest control. They think Orkin. Quantity doesn't always correlate to quality. Did I mention this place was terrible?
Rollins was an amazing company to work for
Branch Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodland Park, NJMay 5, 2017
Rollins was great. I should of never left. I was happy, I was a top producer, and I was respected and rewarded for my time, effort, energy, positive attitude and money I brought into the company. Unfortunately, Terminix is their rival competitor, they saw my production and recruited me. The compensation and percentage on commercial deals were substantially more, so I left Rollins. If was a life lesson and i'd never do it again. Almost like the saying "the grass is greener on the other side." Not even close and the two hiring managers got fired because of it.
Pros
exactly what I'm looking for
Cons
base pay low
Deceitful, unethical and outdated payment model
Pest Technician (Former Employee) –  WisconsinApril 29, 2017
Was told I would be working 8hrs/day but ended up being 10-14hrs. Expect to work 6 days/week. Pay is commissioned and can be unfair depending on where your route is. My branch expected me to be at the customer's house an average 15min. Many customers pay a minimum $80/mth for our services and I would be upset if a tech came to my house to perform such a short service. Supplies were also constantly low at my branch and we often had to pretend we were servicing customers appropriately.
Pros
Can't recall any
Cons
No social life, no lunch break, long hours, low pay
Worst pest control company to work for!!!!
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLApril 25, 2017
They lie to you. They will tell you that you will make 50 thousand a year witch is BS. They work you 100 hours a week with no over time. If you like getting screwed over while working then apply for orkin.
Cons
Terrible company to work for.
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsApril 22, 2017
Rollins purchase Waltham services about 5 years ago. Rollins watches every penny. If it's hot out or you are in a attic don't go back to the truck to run the AC . Don't stop to grab lunch or use the restroom . The GPS in the truck tell management everything. Rollins make there employees work 6 12 hour day . It's there way of saving money . Get rid of older employees and save on benefits, vacation time etc.. glad to be gone.
Pros
Cons
Poor training, low income
Wasted potential
Application Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 18, 2017
Join Rollins' IT organization and prepare for an amazing journey back in time, where computers are just there to save money on paper and management secludes themselves behind closed doors.

There was a time when the organization was trying to turn the page and become an IT leader in the pest control industry. That all changed last year during a re-organization and there is no coherent strategy to unify all aspects of the departments. As a result, there is constant backstabbing amongst management and employees are frequently used as pawns.

If you don't desire career growth and are okay with just clocking in and clocking out, then you can make a living there. Otherwise, you'll just be, at best, frustrated with your job, or, at worst, perceived as a threat to management and run off.

The majority of your peers are great to work with; they're in the same boat as you, after all. The Company, in and of itself, is pretty decent. The problems with the organization stem from IT being perceived as not providing value and is simply a cost center viewed as a necessary evil. This attitude and lack of support from the executive management and staff, have led to a Machiavellian house of horrors within IT that you might only expect to see on a season of Game of Thrones.
Pros
Good peer group
Cons
Poor management, no advancement
A Wonderful Company
Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 12, 2017
Rollins has a very good benefits plan, progression rate, and opportunity for creativity and innovation. The only real drawback to this company is their dated methods and equipment, and their highly conservative uniform and ethics.
Know what Im talking about!
Sales Associate/route manager (Former Employee) –  Beaver, WVMarch 27, 2017
Being in sales, you will not make the money stated. There is one man that the Beaver office bows down to in sales and he runs the show. New sales people cannot make it cause of him and the territory your giving. Being a route manager wasn't a bad job, however having 200 stops a month working 60 plus a week, three Saturdays a month mandatory at least two if your behind and all for commission, the pay does not equal the time and headache you have to put up with. Insurance and other issues in this nature is good. A company vehicle is nice, however you have to pay over a 100 dollars outta pay check to take it home.
Pros
insurance
Cons
everything else