Rollins Employee Reviews

Awful place to work!!
Termite Inspector (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 14, 2018
The management and pay was awful!! The employees stabbed each other in the back!! Refer a friend or relative only if you despise them!! The pay was not anything close to what I was told in my interview...
Cons
Steer clear of this place...
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 12, 2018
Do yourself a favor and stay away from this business. If you get on someone's bad side they will set you up. You can't go to HR because they've all been there for years and will not help you. I promise you will be out the door for one little thing you do wrong if you do. They barely train you and expect you to know the entire handbook within your probationary period. If you have no other choice but to go here, you better not be willing to stand for anything. You better be a dog on a leash. Do as your told, get stepped on and looked over.
Cons
Very, very, very horrible place to work.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Butler, WIJune 9, 2018
Wouldnt recommend the Butler Wisconsin branch to anyone! Family is so called important to everyone well only if your management. Your work is never good enough, branch manager is very arrogant and is all about controlling employees. If you speak your mind your being told your negative, or being told you should decide if Orkin is for you. This branch will always have a turn around with employees until they get the right management in there that will actually do some work instead of delicating it.
Pros
There are none
Cons
Poor management, too stressful for the pay
managers are bad.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLMay 5, 2018
this place was the worst, stay away, managers are horrible, long hours the pay is Garbage, they treat you like a number, run real fast from this company.
Pros
Cons
just bad habits
Horrible Company
Route Manager (Former Employee) –  Butler, WIMay 2, 2018
Everyone hates the job at my branch. Management is all on power trips. Money is only good when you work over 60 hours a week. Always under staffed and they set unrealistic goals. Can’t wait to find something better
Pros
Driving home
Cons
Money, management
Mixed Emotions about Orkin
Termite Inspector (Former Employee) –  LouisianaApril 27, 2018
1st off my 2 service mgr.’s (termite side)were great;Branch mgr. didn’t know jack about being in his position,my service mgr.’s should have ben in that spot b/c they started at the bottom & know what techs go thru. Loved the techs I worked with. Now the bad-unreasonable expations for the area I worked in(busy).Too many jobs & not enough tech. Pulled me from my jos to do insulation jobs(in the summer in Louisiana-HOTT) and no training on insulation);also injured on a crawl job(scar above eye-no response from br. Mgr..wanted more production & “customer service “ (which I always got a 10 or 9 rating on the Focus 360(a customer survey) but not enough recourses or tech and definitely not enough money for what I did for them. I’m small so I always got stuck w/10-12 very low crawls a day(during that hot weather,I dropped to119 lbs. normal weight 135-145.) I loved my job-was good at it (my customers always requested me for the service; I normally encountered raccoons ,venomous snakes,couple of gators,wild boars,A lot of new&wasp & Yellow Jackets stings & and a spider bite on my ear in a crawlspace..... not good benefits,couldn’t take a real vacation & couldn’t take time off during certain times of the year, could not take all your vacation at one time;they expected a few days not 2 weeks at a time.Like I said,some good some bad(upper management), but I would go back b/c of my service mgr.’s and a little better pay....Its just some food &bad depending on who is in upper management...Take your chance if you don’t mind what I described....I had no exon pest control and I did learn  more... Alot((on customers & learning a new trade.I may go apply to a different company (pest control).  less
Pros
My service mgr.’s, colleagues, most of my customers
Cons
Where do I start?
They are out of touch with reality
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAApril 19, 2018
My branch lost 12.5% of it's customers last year
High turnover in employees, psychopath manager can't keep track of all his lies. Many people are searching for something better.
Pros
I don't have anything good to say
Terrible management team
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 15, 2018
The branch management is hands down the most incompetent and unethical group I have ever been around, from the inability to have chemicals and equipment to routing and unethical sales practices. Terrible work family balance and the customer's are nothing more than numbers to them employees are less than dirt, I would recommend doing thorough research of the branch you are applying for and never believe what they tell you in the interview none of it is true.
Pros
Company Truck
Cons
Unreasonable expectations and stress put on employees bu management.
Stressful, overworked
Pest Technician (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 31, 2018
If you want to work at a job that has alot of internal problems going on also if you want to dread every morning to wake up and go to work because you will be over worked and pretty much forced to complete unrealistic schedules, then this is the place for you!. Most co workers are very nice and friendly. I personally got along with just about all other employees on the other hand not so much with the lower manager. Other employees don't care for him or get along with the lower manager either, if hometeam would make an easy change this company would be great to work for, until then no
Pros
Take on vehical
Cons
Lower manager!
I guess I’m working at a different Orkin than that of the other reviewers.
Home Service Consultant (Termtie Department) (Current Employee) –  West Los AngleesMarch 11, 2018
To start off I’m new to the industry, I was given the opportunity to work at Orkin with no previous pest or sales experience. Also, my previous jobs have been terrible due to management, so being where I’m at now I have the best manager EVER! It is a very intense job as I work for the termite department and I am required inspect homes inside/out including the attic and crawl spaces, but it is also a very rewarding as we are providing pest solutions to and customer service everyday. One thing I do recommend is to have a strong background in time management as you have to be very proficient otherwise you’ll fall being with the proposals and paper work. Please keep In mind that I’m speaking of my branch (West LA Branch) and my experiences at this specific place, I love my team and our leaders, and especially all of our clients. If you like helping people, working for your money and the potential to make $11k a month this is the job for you.
Pros
No cold calling, Potential to make thoundands per month, great health care benefits, employee stock program, company car (that you get to take home), company phone
Cons
Some days are longer than others
Rushed work, poor management
Route Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 3, 2018
Management doesn't care about employees, favoritism is a big issue. Pay is commission based so you could work 60hrs but when you get payed you will be disappointed. They have a very generic excuse "well, you didn't put in enough time throughout the week" "this is your first year, it'll get better", even though in the interview they say "I didn't have a tech make less than 50k their first year". My pay for a month was 1,000 for an entire month over 120 hrs do the math.
Pros
Company truck for 120$ a month
Cons
Pay 120$ to use company truck every month
worst job ever
Termite Technician (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCJanuary 11, 2018
They don't appreciate people lack of pay for termite techs! At first you think it's peaches but when the insulation installs come that's when you see pay isn't worth it
Not for family oriented people.
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 6, 2018
If you are young, HS grad or drop out with GED,,...you can make good money at your young age. Be expected to work LONG HOURS, in crawl spaces, attics etc.
Pros
Good if young
Cons
Hours, chemicals, mngt
I was lied about my hour's and pay...Also the lack of integrity and honesty with the customer's.
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Woodland Park, NJDecember 12, 2017
Do not waste your time with this company. They lie about the hour's and pay to lure you in. Once you are hire and working for the company it's totally the opposite of what you were told.
Pros
Leaving the company.
Good company overall
Wildlife Biologist (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCNovember 8, 2017
The company is good overall. I disagree with the pay scale and commission based rates. I need a guaranteed monthly income. Rollins doesn't provide that.
Rigid; face paced; learning enviorment
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 6, 2017
I worked at Orkin for 13 years, in that time I had three different positions. There is alot of room for growth but, I had a good manager so he saw the best in me and took that to the next level. There was hardly a team feeling though, it felt like high school at times. A typical day would be speaking with customers, working on billing, deposits. I am grateful for what I learned; I would work there again if I was able to. I miss my co-workers. The only thing that was not enjoyable was people did not care about other people. When people were sick or you had a death in the family no one cared. It was get the job done or get out mentality.
Pros
good pay, insurance, room for advancement
Cons
not personable, not mature, couldn't be myself
Worst company since new managament
Technician (Former Employee) –  OhioSeptember 20, 2017
Working for a company of over 18 years and let go!! Lots of awards for a job well done until new manager comes in. You work long hours, don't give the customers the service they really need with the new phone systems!!! Reporting to higher up does no good.
Pros
Company Truck
Cons
Long Hours Demanded
Horrible
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  State College, PASeptember 1, 2017
This place is horrible the management is so disrespectful to employees all they care is getting services done for the month if you miss a couple of days the freak out on you and tell you that the diss obey corporate procedures I do not recommend this job to anyone
Pros
There are no pros to this job
Cons
Work environment is horrible
POOR appreciation for hard work
Termite Technician (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VASeptember 1, 2017
I worked for orlin for over 3 years. Termite side with cross training to do everything else the company can sell. First 2 years were great. Upon relocation to a different region (va). I was terminated for heath reasons. Going through HR I was able to get my job back. In this process I still in the end was let go for something out of my control. Horrible micro management! NOT WORTH THE PAY AND STRESS AND DAMAGE TO ONES HEALTH!
Not great, but ok.
Sales home inspector (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 25, 2017
As a sales/home Inspector, don't expect to make a ton of money. In interviews, most will promise an endless supply of sales. The hard truth is that your pay will fluctuate. They pay is not ideal if you are use to a certain amount every month. If you don't have to work or are using it to supplement your income, go for it.
You will pay for the privilege to drive their car. Do not expect to have your weekends off or even get home at a good time of the evening. If you make good sales, they will always ask for more.
Pros
Good customer interaction
Cons
Unreal expectations