Rolls-Royce Employee Reviews

Rolls Royce
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 14, 2018
The co workers were top notch and I felt a lot of trust between everyone. This is a important manufacturing company with products that benefit the military and civilian market.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
Department changes every 6 months
admin
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 12, 2018
It was a good place to work, lots of union stress and issues to resolve too many lay offs and uncertain future really enjoyed my time there and the people I worked with
These people are delusional!!!
Senior Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 11, 2018
Not a place you would want to work. I wasted my skills and intellect for to many years there. They are a dying company with a culture that has recently been fined for bribery along with other unethical behavior.
Great team, but bit of corporate turmoil
Manufacturing Engineer - Purchasing (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 7, 2018
Difficult to start a new job requiring frequent travel under current circumstances where travel is restricted. Haven't been able to actually learn about my suppliers or "real" job duties. Team environment is great though, and local management is very supportive. Excellent onboarding and on-the-job training available.
Not as good as expected
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 6, 2018
I left one great company to come here thinking I was coming to a better one and was much surprised. There are areas that are about the employees and the work/life balance but the area I was in, was a different story and was very disappointed.....just about walked out within the first week of being there.
Easy-going work place with great people
Intern (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 1, 2018
A typical day is what you put into it. You can work your tail off, or slack off, but it all shows up in the end. I learned what it is like to be in a professional work environment and helped myself grow as an engineer. Management at Rolls-Royce follows a grid system and do a great job at working together. The culture at Rolls-Royce is professional, but relaxed. It stays highly productive without the high stress. The hardest part of the job was overcoming my own presuppositions of what work life was like and adapting. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people.
Pros
flexible hours
Personal Development
Certified Master Technician Rolls Royce Motorcars (Current Employee) –  Euro motorsAugust 31, 2018
Over all is good they help me to grow in knowledge and understanding about the products and enhance my skills and that way easy for me to deal with every problems.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Regular trainings, health care family status
rolls royce
Electrical Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHAugust 29, 2018
freedom to make decide issues,find better ways of doing test,team work between union,company people plus entronics,test engineers,manage,and union workers, safety was of highest scale,as well as the quality and performance of product good place to work
Pros
free lunch
Cons
heat, cold
Was a great place to work
Assembly Technician, shipping & receiving (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHAugust 28, 2018
They closed the plant in Mount Vernon
We all lost our jobs after Siemens bought Rolls- Royce. Really miss working there. It's a shame they closed the plant.
Pros
Cons
They closed
Good place to work.
Thermal Spray Technician/Flight Technician (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 27, 2018
A good place to work for. Excellent family atmosphere. Good medical, dental, vision benefits. The company follows safety rules and regulations. Always provide quality products to the customer.

Want to know more about Rolls-Royce?

Ask a question
A good place to get some experience dealing with a heavily regulated industry and supporting customer needs.
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Moon Township, PAAugust 23, 2018
A typical day is spent working on existing projects and looking for opportunities for future work.

I learned a lot about the challenges of customers. Ultimately, this is a service based company in the nuclear industry which is extremely challenged to remain in operation.

The company focus is to deliver excellence. It's difficult to be better than our competition when it's never clearly illustrated who the competition is.

The flexibility of the work day, hours, etc. are top notch. The benefits leave a lot to be desired.
good company to work for
Document Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 14, 2018
I have been working at Rolls-Royce full-time (more than 18 years) great people, good salary. flexible working conditions.nice working with good peoples.
Pros
great people
Cons
needs hire more people specially AE1107 department
Rolls-Royce is an excellent place to work with many different opportunities
Global Capability Mgr, Product Information Mgmt (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 12, 2018
Rolls-Royce is an excellent place to work with many different opportunities from a student beginning to global Rolls-Royce assignments. There have been opportunities in different areas of the business as my career evolved from local factory industrial engineering to global process improvements. International travel, working with the global businesses to define requirements and solutions, working with external IT companies to deploy the new infrastructure and applications have all been exciting and enlightening opportunities.

Rolls-Royce has a diverse workforce and stresses the importance of ethics. As a global company, one might be on conference calls in the morning with UK colleagues and then taking actions to complete before the next day. Conversely, UK employees might work actions in their mornings in preparation for afternoon calls. Collaboration is a must. The opportunity to work globally and travel has been educational, learning to work together and become acquainted with other cultures and companies.
Pros
lots of opportunities and a professional workforce and environment
Cons
large companies and large processes
Challenging and Rewarding Place to Work
PLM Design Liaison (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 10, 2018
I have found Rolls-Royce to be a very rewarding place to work. The people are top notch. My manager is a very good person to work for. He is very supportive.
Very beuracratic
Head of Helicopter Deployed Services, Defense (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 8, 2018
Very UK centered, when problems occurred, management tended to look the other way rather than address the issue. It transitioned to where the bottom line was more important than the employees. The more the business shrank, the worse it got.
Rolls-Royce is a different company today than the one I went to work for 10 years ago.
Senior Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 5, 2018
Changes being executed today are being driven from across the pond with no awareness of the requirements of the DoD.
Pros
Middle management
Cons
Global directives
No room for improvement
Engineer - Nuclear Services - Moon Township (Current Employee) –  Moon Township, PAAugust 4, 2018
Management does not do a good job of communicating feedback or expectations. I have been here for three years and still am treated like an entry level employee.
Daily work flow
Office clerk (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAAugust 4, 2018
Working for Rolls Royce was a great experience, I learned so much about the product and always wish to be sent for training to England. I worked for Rolls Royce for 6 years, the best 6 years of my automotive career. If I can go back I would in a heart beat.
A typical day at work was always great, coffee in the morning beautiful view of the cars and landscaping, no rush on any task only when events were planned out. Coordinating events was so much fun and I met a lot of famous people. My wish working for Rolls-Royce was to be relocated to England with my family, with a job offer that will give me the opportunity to give my kids the best education possible.
Pros
Best place to work for
Cons
Audit Manager for North America (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 1, 2018
Rolls-Royce is a good company to work for. They are always working toward improvement of the business and the way it is managed and organized in order to be more aligned with company objectives. They are very proactive in instituting programs for employee satisfaction. The salary and benefits are, I believe, above average.
Good environment and money
Application's Manager Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHJuly 30, 2018
excellent place to work for with good benefits and excellent work environment.Supported career development by subsidizing advance college degrees and other internal programs such green belts and black belts.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rolls-Royce. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight