Rolls-Royce Employee Reviews

Leading Aerospace Enterprise
Supplier Quality Engineer, Purchasing (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 16, 2018
Aerospace company that dedicates career development to its employees. Although entry level engineers do not make as expected, RR does provide plenty of career development opportunities both domestic and globally. Health benefits could be improved. Market is somewhat stable but it has its downside when markets slow down. Continuous technology advancement creating dynamic high functioning teams.
Pros
Career Development, global opportunities, dynamic teams
Cons
health benefits, compensation, unbalanced meetings / work life schedules
OK place to work
Lead Commodity Buyer (Current Employee) –  Graniteville, SCNovember 13, 2018
Not a bad place to work if you are ready to retire and do not care about advancement. Good benefits, with 401k match, dental, vision and health care + HSA option
Provided challenging work, when it was available
Senior Engineer (Former Employee) –  Moon, PAOctober 30, 2018
The overall culture was very informal compared to what I was used to. The business culture was very closely tied to the nuclear power plant and much of the work was with local power plant customer. Design projects were scarce, particularly with mechanical engineering projects. The company struggles with diversifying its design customers, so when the main customer entered bankruptcy in 3/2018, much of the work dried up and resulted in lay-offs of 50% of its design staff in 8/2018.
Pros
Less formal work environment
Cons
Still politics within the management structure and some nepotism that affected business decisions.
Fast paced aviation production facility with a family attitude towards each other
Level 3 Aviation Technician (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAOctober 29, 2018
Rolls Royce was a fun and safe work environment. They pushed us to do our best at all times. They had many fun events. It was challenging, engaging work at a fast pace. lots of fun working for this company.
Pros
family atmosphere
Cons
management unorganized
Professional atmosphere
Project Manager / PM Office (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHOctober 25, 2018
Great people to work with and a professional atmosphere. I learned a lot and had opportunities to travel. I was promoted 3 times during my career and received great training.
Pros
Great work environment
Great Company
Government Finance Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 25, 2018
Rolls-Royce is one of the best company's I have ever worked for. I learned a unique skill set that helped me foster my career and took me down a path I never saw going down, but it was all for the better. Versatile organization with lots of different things to get into and participant in. The culture is very dynamic and welcoming. I would recommend R-R to anyone looking for a job.
Pros
Very dynamic agile work environment
Cons
Still some silos that need tearing down
Good place
MRPC (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 24, 2018
I would recommend working there. Benefits are good. I enjoyed working on my team.
Restructuring happens frequently. Lots of red tape, change is slow.
Summer Intern 2017
Controls Intern (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 17, 2018
I enjoyed the opportunity to work for one of the recognized leaders in the aircraft engine industry. I was given multiple projects to complete and enjoyed the unique challenges presented by each one.
Chaos
Production (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsOctober 9, 2018
There has been so much change and talent lost with the latest company reorganization that the impact isn’t known yet. Complete chaos and functions operate in silos. All issues point to lack of resources (headcount). As the news highlights, costly quality issues with engines are crippling the company.
Pros
Fair compensation
Cons
Culture, management, opportunities
Evolving business

strong aero focus

always focused on customer
Good Job overall!!!!!!
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Graniteville, SCSeptember 30, 2018
The job is good and the work online is fast pace and somewhat demanding. Material and Final are moderately paced but hours at times are 60+ a weeks sometimes more. Benefits are wonderful and they will work with you, on almost anything, except work hours when numbers are in high demand!!
Pros
Benefits, Moneymaking potential
Cons
No room for outside life when demand for production is high!!!
Rolls Royce
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 14, 2018
The co workers were top notch and I felt a lot of trust between everyone. This is a important manufacturing company with products that benefit the military and civilian market.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
Department changes every 6 months
admin
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 12, 2018
It was a good place to work, lots of union stress and issues to resolve too many lay offs and uncertain future really enjoyed my time there and the people I worked with
These people are delusional!!!
Senior Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 11, 2018
Not a place you would want to work. I wasted my skills and intellect for to many years there. They are a dying company with a culture that has recently been fined for bribery along with other unethical behavior.
Great team, but bit of corporate turmoil
Manufacturing Engineer - Purchasing (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 7, 2018
Difficult to start a new job requiring frequent travel under current circumstances where travel is restricted. Haven't been able to actually learn about my suppliers or "real" job duties. Team environment is great though, and local management is very supportive. Excellent onboarding and on-the-job training available.
Not as good as expected
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 6, 2018
I left one great company to come here thinking I was coming to a better one and was much surprised. There are areas that are about the employees and the work/life balance but the area I was in, was a different story and was very disappointed.....just about walked out within the first week of being there.
Easy-going work place with great people
Intern (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 1, 2018
A typical day is what you put into it. You can work your tail off, or slack off, but it all shows up in the end. I learned what it is like to be in a professional work environment and helped myself grow as an engineer. Management at Rolls-Royce follows a grid system and do a great job at working together. The culture at Rolls-Royce is professional, but relaxed. It stays highly productive without the high stress. The hardest part of the job was overcoming my own presuppositions of what work life was like and adapting. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people.
Pros
flexible hours
Personal Development
Certified Master Technician Rolls Royce Motorcars (Current Employee) –  Euro motorsAugust 31, 2018
Over all is good they help me to grow in knowledge and understanding about the products and enhance my skills and that way easy for me to deal with every problems.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Regular trainings, health care family status
rolls royce
Electrical Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHAugust 29, 2018
freedom to make decide issues,find better ways of doing test,team work between union,company people plus entronics,test engineers,manage,and union workers, safety was of highest scale,as well as the quality and performance of product good place to work
Pros
free lunch
Cons
heat, cold
Was a great place to work
Assembly Technician, shipping & receiving (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHAugust 28, 2018
They closed the plant in Mount Vernon
We all lost our jobs after Siemens bought Rolls- Royce. Really miss working there. It's a shame they closed the plant.
Pros
Cons
They closed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rolls-Royce. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight