Romano's Macaroni Grill
Happiness rating is 62 out of 100

Romano's Macaroni Grill Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
The Sterling location is now closed. While I worked their, hours were not grueling and often the manager on duty would relieve any extra workers who may not be needed throughout the night if it looked as if business would be slow. Very busy for dinner, not as much for lunch/early afternoon.
The place is dirty and old. Bathrooms have a permanent nasty smell to it! There are roaches!! The mangers are terrible almost like they don’t know how to do their jobs. A bunch of druggies work/worked there!! And the cooks are always drunk most of our food is frozen!! DO NOT EAT OR WORK THERE!!! Service is also always slow!!
Great place to work, I had to stop working for them due to my commute. Had a great team, enjoyed every shift, lots of challenges but it was a great experience.
Similar to most corporate national chains. Lots of rules. Low menu prices, therefore low tips. Customers are typically lower income people. A+ management
Pros
Corporate solidarity
Cons
Not much money for all staff
Terrible place to work and the pay sucked. I was a bartender and they would barely keep me at the bar at some times. The management were nice but they had no clue how to manage a restaurant
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
I liked my job alot and it was very hard to see it. I really enjoyed my job and liked my job but it was very hard to see it go down when it was taken down by brinker.
I had a great time working , developing and leading the market, my managers and Team Mebers . The operational standards and financial control system and training system was very good . I have learded a lot of managerial technics and scratch menu adherence . The hardest part of the job was the compan's finacial stability , and the most enjoyable part of the job was the profesinal success that I have achieved during my tenure .
Pros
Quality of life .
Cons
Company's financial stability .
This was my first serving job so everything here was a learning experience. It was a typical server job where you got your rushes and having to scurry between tables and prioritizing tasks. Of course we all had to deal with upset customers from time to time but the my coworkers were always willing to help when one of us got in the weeds. The general manager was very responsible and knew what needed to be done. Very stern but he knew how to make people laugh and brighten up the place. He definitely helped me learn a lot about myself and how to be a good server. I very much liked working here, the people made it worth the while.
Pros
Free food, sometimes
Cons
bad tippers
It was a learning experiences in help building my culinary experience
It was a average job at a location that was closing due to a decade of poor management and customer experiences.
Very fun placew to work everyone there works hard i learned alot about foods and different food groups different ethic backgrounds Managment wasnt so good Co-worrers were okay,hardest part about the job was dealing with managment best part of the job was pleasing the people
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No healthcare at all
I worked with training, serving, and catering with this company. Everything they did was in a very professional manner and they were able to professionally present their employees and product everyday. The managers loved their job and that mentality rubbed off onto the employees and everyone was able to work as a team.
I worked five years for the company and became very highly experienced. I loved the culture and standards; every day was a new learning experience, with all the offered tools and support i got on a better stage with my career. The atmosphere was very friendly and our guests were the best ever, also enjoyed my co-workers and had great memories for life.