Romanoff Renovations Employee Reviews

Clusterf@#% from day one
Hard surface installer (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORApril 9, 2019
I have been in construction for 25 yrs and have experience in all areas and got tired of looking for work and was hoping to find a company that would take care of me like I would take care of them. When I went in for my interview the manager had at least 7 calls about bad product from home depot, busted jobs, installers not showing up, one thing after another. I remember sitting there wondering what I was getting myself into. I only took the job because I would be provided a schedule and promised wage increases on a regular basis and having a 401k which is something I've never had. The first job I went to the customer was already upset at Home Depot and Romanoff for how they had handled things. This is before the actual install. So I am good with people so I calmed her down and said that I would make her job nice and that she would be happy. I completed her laminate flooring and she loved everything about me and my work. 3 yrs later we still talk. 2nd job however was a sheet vinyl job for 2 small bathrooms in some very shady apts. I ended up being shorted material which was ridiculous considering how small the job was. The customers were mad enough that I almost walked off the job but I have too much integrity to leave something unfinished. I finally got the material and finished the job. The next 3 yrs were pretty much the same thing. Jobs busting, shorted materials, very upset customers, huge lack of accountability towards the measuring service for home depot, managers not doing their jobs, continuous mistakes and shortages on my checks, complaints to my manager and her  more... manager not going anywhere and being ignored, not getting a raise, lied to on a regular basis that it was not available and not up to them. I had to go above their heads and report on their behavior to get anything done. I got my raise but painted a target on my back. It was at that point that I realized that these bad managers had been protecting each other for whatever reasons for a long time. As much as I tried to make things better i was constantly ignored and then made to look like i was the problem and then fired just for my attitude. The attitude that I had developed over 3 yrs of very poor management and handling of customers, jobs, and installers. The only way I would ever recommend this company is if they cleaned the slate of the upper management that is only interested in taking care of themselves. There is a huge lack of training and accountability in this company which is really sad. This could be a good place if ran properly and installers paid what they are worth. You get what you pay for. I will say this that I have heard Doug Romanoff is a very down to earth person and does seem to care about his company and his employees, but I think he has no clue how bad the west coast is being ran.  less
Pros
The 401k was nice to have.
Cons
Very poor management, poor wages, continuous job failures, upset customers, huge lack of accountability from HD
Run away
Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 1, 2019
This is a company that does not care about employees or their customers they claim to try to be family oriented, but I assure you there are looking out for one thing that is themselves at anybody's expense they can get to come into their employ run away run away run away horrible absolutely horrible company
Helpdesk Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 25, 2019
The owner of the company is down-to-earth and c relates to all employees due to his humble beginnings. The company as a whole provides a competitive salary, somewhat expensive benefits but a great work-;life balance. Working from home is always a given.
Pros
Work-life balance
Cons
Room for advancement
Romanoff Installers
Tile Installer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 25, 2019
The management team in the shop are actually really fair and straight forward. They will help you get all the work you need if you provide them with a good installation job and work well with the customers. The work is steady and there was not a job that was out of what was discussed at hire.
Pros
Management, Work Load, Pay
Cons
Lots of Travel but you get compensated
Busy days sometimes lacking
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVFebruary 24, 2019
Loved the work environment sometimes there would just be no work. Bosses were great and really flexible. Overall a good job strongly considering going back.
Learned alot
Vinyl Flooring Installer (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORJanuary 14, 2019
Jobs would bust quite frequently and I was only working part time. So lt hurt. Mostly hires contractors. Also had to provide own transportation, to bring product and dispose of material.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Busted jobs
Stay away please!!!!
Field Manager (Former Employee) –  Alanta GADecember 18, 2018
Very sad place to work at. No organization at all management is totally a failure. Please if you have to work here make it short!!! My time here was spent teaching the upper management how construction is performed.
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
Great growing company.
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 10, 2018
Company is amazing! I enjoyed the job immensely challenging and very flexible with a variety of things to do daily. Not monotonous. I only left due to the drive to the site being an hour away from home.
Pros
Worklife balance, challenging, company leadership
Cons
Salary
Great place to put your installation skills to work.
Installer (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 9, 2018
This is a great company to work for. I was an office manager first when I realized how good the installers had it in the company. Needless to say, now I install for Romanoff . My income has doubled in the past three years and I’m able to block myself when I want to take some family time or go on vacation. I don’t get paid for taking time off but if you organize your self you can actually save up money with the amount of money that you make.
Pros
Great company to install for.
Cons
Overall Good but can be overwhelming
Site Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Sparks, NVNovember 28, 2018
Overall Romanoff has been great to me. There have been times where it gets overwhelming and there is a lack of support, but the team does eventually come together to assist.
bla!
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, ORSeptember 26, 2018
Working there was bad! bad moral, changed policy every month, people were not held accountable. No managers would be able to make any lasting changes that benefited employees.
You will not be valued unless you are in their click
Sales Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GASeptember 13, 2018
They only out for themselves. Home Depot should really consider having them represent them. They are over priced and do not value their loyal employees.
Pros
Cons
Managed by a bunch of monkey's.
Upper management has no experience with the construction aspect of bathroom renovations.
Feild Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Altlanta GAAugust 24, 2018
Please just consider this a place to stop by and collect money until you get a real job.The upper management has no concept of the construction process. They "whiz" by an idea they make up top and pour it on their bottom feeders just to arrive to another failure.
The bonus structure is a joke and comes from the head of a person who only has "salesman" experience with no background in construction other than renovation his own home as he grew up. They massively over charge their clients in the hopes of filling their own pockets. Maybe one or two people have degrees in the whole company .This is the "bad seed" of company's. . Stay away!!!!!
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Just not a good place to work. Stay Away
Growing
FIELD MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, GAAugust 5, 2018
Growing company with potential. Laborers skill set is over rated, Need less travel time for field managers. History of working in the field of bathrooms are limited but flooring has extensive experience. Company is on the move and will grow fast.
Pros
advancement oppurtunity with growing company
Cons
growing pains, things are scattered right now.
Yike, not worth the $ if you value a life
Manager (Former Employee) –  OregonJune 9, 2018
Was there almost 3 years, Romanoff will dispose you as soon as your not needed or cheaper labor is available. Company does not care hours worked or your life in general. You are a number, as the VP likes to say "everyone is replaceable ". No support, no PROPER training, extremely high turn over, and improper payments to installers (whom are the core of this business). Owner and his family is amazing, however have stepped back after health problems. Execs and upper management now has ruined this company that could have been a great place to work. Very disappointing to see a great company be destroyed....read customers reviews, you will see for yourself. 1.6 star rating on Yelp and 1 star rating with the BBB...its all there. Hopefully things will change with regional managers (especially Oregon region) and execs to revive a quality company, but not with current management in charge.
Pros
Lots of work(pro and con)
Cons
Pay, management, no support, no teamwork, LONG hours
Stay away from this company if you value life
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington StateMay 21, 2018
Work days are spent doing what mangers won't do
Learned managers are paid so much and staff zero
Hardest part is dealing with their angry customers
Pros
Offer Insurance
Cons
They frown on time you take off
Great Place to Work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAMay 1, 2018
Great place to work with a decent amount of advancement opportunities. Training and development was a key focus. Customers were always the top priority as they should be.
Horrible
Sales/Designer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAApril 5, 2018
Where do I start. From the get go of starting the position they train you in a matter of a week. They say they give you the tools to be successful however that is far from the truth. That is more of an excuse to cover up their own mistakes. No leadership throughout the management. The fact that it is all commission made the job the worst. Save your self before even thinking about applying.
I didnt have a very good experience here at romanoff
Construction Laborer (Current Employee) –  Stockton caMarch 8, 2018
It was due to my partner an boss an lack of communication an the jobs that were given were so small I didn't get even a 20 hour week. The benefits never came in and I also wasn't given my w2s
Pros
Paid driving, pto, lunch breaks
Cons
Poor hours, late / no w2
Install Carpet and furniture move for minimum wage!!
Carpet Installer (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 14, 2018
They want you to train helpers for carpet installs..
Move customers furniture
Travel all over..
And cut your pay and work load after working there for a year plus I have 20 yrs experience
Pros
They got a lot of work
Cons
Don’t pay the right people enough

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Romanoff Renovations. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9