Romanoff Renovations logo
Romanoff Renovations

Romanoff Renovations Employee Reviews for Flooring Installer

Found 12 reviews matching the search.See all 74 reviews

i worked for romanoff foraround a year and half

i worked for romanoff or a bit of time and at first it was ok work with decent pay. As time progressed they made it worse i was taking on more work for same pay. soon enough i was doing all the work while the other person was making triple my pay and i had enough of it and found a new job since i was doing all the work and getting paid the least

Pros

learned a profession

Cons

damaged my body

Good work place for subcontractor

Good place to work as a subcontractor. If you’re installing carpet, hardwood, tile, vinyl, or anything like that. Tons of work. But there were times where I job would be a bust (as the job wasn’t able to be worked on) and we would get a minimum for driving out to a job if it were kind of far away.

Pros

You are your own boss

Cons

Jobs being a bust

Good job

Installing floors is pretty fulfilling escpecally after you get the job done and you can just gawk at it working with your hands is also really nice..

Very stressful at times.

Management was inexperienced in pre-job site conditions and would mislead customers to sell flooring products that weren't suited for the existing conditions.

Cheap and don't waisted your time

This company pays on points and 13$ an hour for lead installers helpers make min wage you make more at McDonald's they charge back Employees with out telling them you move a lot of furniture they this is an awful place to work,they micro manage you

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.

Learned alot

Jobs would bust quite frequently and I was only working part time. So lt hurt. Mostly hires contractors. Also had to provide own transportation, to bring product and dispose of material.

Pros

Good management

Cons

Busted jobs

Unorganized, fast paced, and unfair wages

It was a relaxed place to work, but the management and warehouse were unorganized. The pay was way to low for the amount of work we were doing, and it was almost impossible to move up in management.

Pros

They provide tools

Cons

You pay for your materials

Family Friendly

This was the best job and company I have ever worked for. The position I held was a test area that did not work out for them. I respect that they can be bold an implement change in a positive way and realize when something is not working to change it again. They are very Family oriented but business minded, a great mix..

under paid

I didn't like the environment, management, and the poor pay. Installers get paid very well, but the helpers, get 11.00 hour..not worth it.

Terrible Place to Work

Management does not care about installers at all. They expect you to pay for materials for jobs. Don't waste your time with this company they only look out for themselves. Mileage reimbursement is a joke. I was sent on jobs about an hour and half away and you only get mileage if they Home Depot were materials were purchased is more than 30 minutes from the customer's home. You pay for insurance but if anything happens you will be held responsible. Management looks good when jobs are complete and they could care less about what the installers have to deal with in order to complete the jobs. I am currently owed $500 by this company, I was informed that I w would be reimbursed for materials, which is a bold face lie.

Pros

Cons

Poor management, Poor Pay, Lack of Communication

Get to travel and see nice places.

I would be up at 5 AM and drive 20 miles to work and then have my manager tell me that i don't have work that day so i would waste time and gas because of the lack of communication. Their benefits are horrible and charged me 1,500 dollars a month. Lack of company work vans and you would have to share with other installers and not work when they do and vice versa. not a company i would recommend to anyone unless desperate.

Pros

weekly pay checks

Cons

short breaks, under-staff, lack check managing, pay for your own lunch, sending workers far away from home and have very poor motel rooms to sleep in, constant change of work hours, not letting you know of cancelled work you are assigned to do for the week, lack of proper training

Nice place to work so far. Contract work for a Major company

A typical day at work is receiving work order for floor installation, travelling to the residence or business that need flooring, which can take 6 hrs both ways some days. Upon arrival we introduce ourselves and explain what we're there to do, we receive additional requests, if any then we repair and/ or replace floors. Fill out necessary paper work concerning specific job, have adult to sign stating the work was completed. We return to company and submit paper work. Management here are very fair with employees. My co-workers are skilled and we work well together. The hardest part of the job is, well... all in a days work! The most enjoyable part of the job is the re-action people show when their floors are professionally completed. When the clients are pleased it give me a sense of having done my good deed for the day, every time!

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

No Healthcare.