Romantix Employee Reviews

Interesting and positive environment to work in
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CADecember 20, 2018
The stores have up to 2 or 3 employees working during the morning but after just one. It's not hectic and never really had problems with angry customers. Unless they get kicked out but for a good reason. Most dont complain they just leave. It's mostly part time unless you're management. They dont like anyone going overtime and are strict on lunchtime policy. Not too strict but they will point it out.
Pros
Relaxed enviroment, discounts, good management
Cons
No fulltime unless managment
100% best job ever
part-time sales associate (Former Employee) –  Rialto, CADecember 12, 2018
I loved my time at Romantix, it was crazy and dirty sometimes but the pay is great and the people you work with are even better. There are always hours for people who want them and teamwork makes the dream work.
poor company to work for
Security/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CA 90606December 3, 2018
Management lacking in duties , poor pay , non- ideal clients, high theft rate of merchandise . Needs to incorporate health insurance. Should have standard management classes , needs better security system in place.
Pros
Cons
all
Great Management, Horrible location
Cashier Part time (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MI 49037October 3, 2018
The manager Courtney was a great person to work for she didn't ask you to do anything that she wasn't willing to do her self. Courtney also made sure that you were trained properly no matter what. Although if you don't care for the weird and kinda creepy people than this is not the place for you to work. It is a store devoted to selling adult products. This means that you get all sorts of people in the store and sometimes that means you can end up with guys or girls that is abnormal. I had to deal with a lot of the wired people because I closed the store and I would get the people who were drunk or high and had to ask them to leave, which can be difficult, due to their policies pertaining to who and when we can sell things to people. Not to mention the messes that you face due to people viewing movies in the preview booths. Although I did like working there most of the time staff was great the only thing I could say bad is that the people could be a problem at times.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Wired people and messes
Fun but slow
Organized merchandise on the floor (Former Employee) –  Long BeachAugust 27, 2018
Enjoyed working here but wasn't enough to pay the bills. Mostly very enjoyable and great co-workers. You learn and see a lot. Meet really interesting characters
Pros
Interesting and educational
Cons
Low wages
A blast to work for
Backup Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COAugust 18, 2018
During the few years that I worked at Romantix it was a very interesting and fun experience to be in that type of work environment. Over the years I accumulated repeat customers that after a while I stopped treating them like customers and they ended up being more like friends because I've known them so well. There and some of the funny stories you hear from people are just a blast
Pros
Fun people to work with and previous managers were awesome
Cons
Location of the store makes it kind of easy to get robbed
learning experience
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 16, 2018
Good place to work for meeting a lot of interesting people. I enjoyed working there till I was robbed, but other then that I enjoyed to the job and the Atmosphere
Pros
utilize my skills in customer service and management
Cons
they need to update the camera system.
i enjoyed working at Romantix
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDAugust 10, 2018
I got to meet all kinds of people. Learn about all the different products that Romanix carried. We had a few of the Representatives for some of the products. Come in and show us the new line that would be coming out.
Had its ups and downs but could get tedious pretty fast
Associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJuly 28, 2018
Enjoyed working with some of my coworkers and customers.

Learned something new everyday about the products and industry.

Benefits were pretty good. If you managed to get the paperwork and the time to look everything over before it was required to be sent back in.

Fax machine/Printer was very temperamental and couldn't decide if it wanted to work or not on any given day.

Corporate needs to get themselves in check, stop looking for reasons to fire or let go of the team members early just because they try to do their jobs right and try to let you know what's going wrong. They ignore their own policy guide until it's convenient for them despite what happens to the associates.

There is no place to park without getting ticketed unless you pay the city for a parking pass to the ramps and even then you aren't sure if the ramps are full or not.

Hopefully they get themselves together. Most of the problems reside within corporate. Start the cleaning at the top and work your way down.
Pros
Products, Some Customers, Some Coworkers
Cons
Corporate, Parking, Schedule, Pay, Associate's Safety
management
Store manager (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAJuly 23, 2018
amazing to work for and the people are easy to speak with and the employees are great.. not a whole lot of drama... and i would love to stay there but health issues come up

Want to know more about Romantix?

Ask a question
corporate doesn't care about you
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJune 20, 2018
If you are not a perfect robot person, you will get fired for the stupidest things. I was one of their best employees, I worked my you-know-what off, and I got fired for being late one day.
Pros
it was fun interacting with customers
Cons
terrible management
Amazing coworkers, annoying corporate
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Rialto, CAMay 20, 2018
Typical day at work involves a diverse crowd of people from all walks of life.
The absolute hardest part about this job was working with corporate and the new rules set in place what seemed to be weekly. Every time we had a good system in place they would change something. Oh, and originally they would only disqualify you from sales bonuses if you got written up. They have since made it clear that they can disqualify you from bonus at any point in time, in their own discretion, for no reason.
Corporate is horrible! They have no clue what is going on.
Assiant Manager (Former Employee) –  Alton, ILMay 11, 2018
The job it's self was amazing! Lots of freedom to set the store up how you want. Nice customers. Higher up just can't get it together to them you are noone
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Corporate is super unorganized.
Yoiu have to be able to handle uneasy customers
Night Manager (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAMay 2, 2018
Working in an adult store is hard you really have to have tough skin and be able to deal with out of control customers that don't take no as an answer
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
Need better security
Can be fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 11, 2018
You meet interesting customers, relaxed enviroment. However you usually only get up to 30 hrs..so it don't pay enough for daily living..okay for if you just want extra cash.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Dont get weekends completely off, unpaid lunch, not enough hours
New and interesting envirment with interesting people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAMarch 30, 2018
I personally feel that it was a fun work place and there was lots of new and interesting things in the store to learn about and there’s many different kinds of people that walk in some a bit sketchier then others but there are also many many people who came in that where not so sketchy with more of an upbeat attitude
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Sometimes people come in and make works feel uncomfortable
Fun workplace with challenging goals.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IAMarch 21, 2018
A very fun place to work. Challenging and fast-paced, and an ideal job opportunity for both new and seasoned sales associates. Hands-on training, wonderful management, and great benefits.
I love my job!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Alton, ILFebruary 16, 2018
I just received my 90 day evaluation. I am doing well here and I couldn't be happier. Everyone has been very helpful during my training. My store has great product at affordable prices. We get new product in weekly. The customers are happy and fun.
Pros
Bonuses, sick/vacation hours, and free product sometimes
poor company
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Galesburg, ILJanuary 29, 2018
this is a poor company to work for they are always on your BOTTOM to stand on your feet , u have to always be on call , work for people that dont want to work , this company IS UNFAIR and i would NEVER recemend any one to work for them , they lie about raises and just treat the employees UNFAIRLY , i feel sorry for anyone that works for them ,
Pros
Cons
being treated like UNFAIRLY
Easy job Monday to Friday
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO 80216January 24, 2018
I worked as a warehouse associate and it was by far the easiest job I ever have had. All we needed to do was pick pack and ship product then put away new product at the end of the day.
Pros
Mon-fri work week, easy work, full breaks, understanding bosses

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Romantix. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.8InHerSight Score

1.4Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight