Romantix Employee Reviews

Amazing corporate staff!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino County, CAMay 31, 2019
I love that I can make my own schedules. I love working with the employees and helping guests. It can be stressful sometimes with all the different projects your required to do here and there all while working half of your day alone so you have to tend to the guests and puts you behind on the other tasks you need to do. But catching up feels rewarding. Some guests can be unpleasant due to the nature of the business but I don't let those things get to me and handle each situation promptly and properly.
Pros
Great staff. Awesome benefits.
Cons
Pay for all you are required to do should be a little more
Horrible environment
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 23, 2019
Corporate team is very deceiving and does not care about their employees. They will do anything to let you go and not tell you the truth of the matter. The culture at the corp office is concerning and needs some fixing. I would never recommend this company unless they change their executive team.
Pros
No pros to this place
Cons
Everything about this place is a con
Fun place to work, shady corporate culture
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ames, IAApril 17, 2019
Romantix thinks that everyone is replaceable and will gladly fire a loyal employee and replace them with a line of poor employees who will not demand as much. I genuinely loved the part of my job that allowed me to help people but the company itself is shady so beware.
Pros
Lots of free stuff from promos and spiffs, fun work environment, good pay, commission
Cons
No official breaks to speak of, uncaring cold corporate culture, poor treatment of managers, few opportunities to advance within the company as they’d rather hire from outside
you get out what you put in
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CA and Pacific Beach, CaMarch 28, 2019
I had the pleasure of working or the store in San Diego and Oceanside areas. This was my first time working for an adult entertaiment company and I loved it. A typical day was spent assisting customers and management with restocking product, putting away daily shipment, product knowledge and making sure that the customer has a friendly, clean and organized shopping environment. Management is always friend and very informative about what is expected of you on a daily bases. I can say i always enjoyed coming to work because the people i worked with were always friendly and fun to be with. if you work hard its pretty easy to move up in the company. I was offered back up manager position after my 90 days.The work environment was always laid back and fun. they have monthly contest and giveaways and they are always showing how much they appreciate their employees with bonuses and incentives. The hardest part of the job was the hiring and firing of employees. But i learned a lot from this company and would most definately work them again.
Pros
environment, salary, people
Cons
hours might be to much for some people
isn’t worth the corporate breathing down your neck
Sales Associate - Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMarch 16, 2019
they pay you very well and allow you to make commission off sales however make one mistake and that becomes a privilege and they will make any excuse to not give you that. list of causes for write ups is endless. management is cold. high turnover due to the lack of training and flexibility.
Pros
great opportunity to learn, you can sleep in late, discounts for employees, free stuff is given away at meetings
Cons
unfriendly corporate management, under constant surveillance, no formal training for computer systems, working late hours alone
Great management. Great coworkers love this job good pay
Janitor/Security/Sales (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAMarch 5, 2019
The management are incredible and do not make you feel bad if it takes you awhile to learn they make sure you understand. Everyones friendly and funny and the random clientele keep everything interesting. Never a dull day at work always come home after a shift with a smile and you will make lots of memories here.
Pros
Well organized management, great communication amongst staff, always learn new things
Cons
You'll want to buy a bunch of stuff lol
Not a place to work long term.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  East Haven, CTFebruary 21, 2019
Working here was very fun until you realize you have no life. Horrible unprofessional management. Long hours heavy workload and filthy environment. No regard for workplace safety. Would not recommend.
Pros
Sexy atmosphere
Cons
No regard for entry level employees
Romantix
Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 2, 2019
Romantix is a joke! What they sell at the interview & what actually is are two VERY DIFFERENT worlds. Upfront crop runs everything but has zero clue about how the warehouse is ran. Warehouse manager kisses croporates butt, so the employees pay for it. It’s not hard work, but there’s always a hidden agenda. They’re on you about numbers but don’t properly set you up for success. Internet is always going out (basically using residential internet) so your laptop will always freeze, battery dies offen (they rarely buy new ones & management keeps it in office so unusable) “excused” absences or not, they stick out at the hardest part of the packing side (trained or not) which doesn’t seem bad until you realize 1 day cost you 3 weeks of attitude. Really low pay for the company & will try to reel you in with the bonuses (they are small & not worth the time) don’t fall for it. All & all it’s poorly ran & corporate doesn’t give two shizas about it’s warehouse employees. If desperate apply, if not keep looking!

FYI: Benefits package is a joke! HR sucks & does NOT work for you!
Pros
Some cool employees
Cons
Corporate, Management, Extreme wrong priorities, Benefits offered suck, Hr
Interesting and positive environment to work in
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CADecember 20, 2018
The stores have up to 2 or 3 employees working during the morning but after just one. It's not hectic and never really had problems with angry customers. Unless they get kicked out but for a good reason. Most dont complain they just leave. It's mostly part time unless you're management. They dont like anyone going overtime and are strict on lunchtime policy. Not too strict but they will point it out.
Pros
Relaxed enviroment, discounts, good management
Cons
No fulltime unless managment
Going downhill
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IADecember 17, 2018
Was a great fast pased job, great customers, great management until recently, always something to do, always something to learn, new products weekly. However new management is not condusive to long term employment.
100% best job ever
part-time sales associate (Former Employee) –  Rialto, CADecember 12, 2018
I loved my time at Romantix, it was crazy and dirty sometimes but the pay is great and the people you work with are even better. There are always hours for people who want them and teamwork makes the dream work.
poor company to work for
Security/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CA 90606December 3, 2018
Management lacking in duties , poor pay , non- ideal clients, high theft rate of merchandise . Needs to incorporate health insurance. Should have standard management classes , needs better security system in place.
Pros
Cons
all
Great Management, Horrible location
Cashier Part time (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MI 49037October 3, 2018
The manager Courtney was a great person to work for she didn't ask you to do anything that she wasn't willing to do her self. Courtney also made sure that you were trained properly no matter what. Although if you don't care for the weird and kinda creepy people than this is not the place for you to work. It is a store devoted to selling adult products. This means that you get all sorts of people in the store and sometimes that means you can end up with guys or girls that is abnormal. I had to deal with a lot of the wired people because I closed the store and I would get the people who were drunk or high and had to ask them to leave, which can be difficult, due to their policies pertaining to who and when we can sell things to people. Not to mention the messes that you face due to people viewing movies in the preview booths. Although I did like working there most of the time staff was great the only thing I could say bad is that the people could be a problem at times.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Wired people and messes
Fun but slow
Organized merchandise on the floor (Former Employee) –  Long BeachAugust 27, 2018
Enjoyed working here but wasn't enough to pay the bills. Mostly very enjoyable and great co-workers. You learn and see a lot. Meet really interesting characters
Pros
Interesting and educational
Cons
Low wages
A blast to work for
Backup Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COAugust 18, 2018
During the few years that I worked at Romantix it was a very interesting and fun experience to be in that type of work environment. Over the years I accumulated repeat customers that after a while I stopped treating them like customers and they ended up being more like friends because I've known them so well. There and some of the funny stories you hear from people are just a blast
Pros
Fun people to work with and previous managers were awesome
Cons
Location of the store makes it kind of easy to get robbed
learning experience
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 16, 2018
Good place to work for meeting a lot of interesting people. I enjoyed working there till I was robbed, but other then that I enjoyed to the job and the Atmosphere
Pros
utilize my skills in customer service and management
Cons
they need to update the camera system.
i enjoyed working at Romantix
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDAugust 10, 2018
I got to meet all kinds of people. Learn about all the different products that Romanix carried. We had a few of the Representatives for some of the products. Come in and show us the new line that would be coming out.
Had its ups and downs but could get tedious pretty fast
Associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJuly 28, 2018
Enjoyed working with some of my coworkers and customers.

Learned something new everyday about the products and industry.

Benefits were pretty good. If you managed to get the paperwork and the time to look everything over before it was required to be sent back in.

Fax machine/Printer was very temperamental and couldn't decide if it wanted to work or not on any given day.

Corporate needs to get themselves in check, stop looking for reasons to fire or let go of the team members early just because they try to do their jobs right and try to let you know what's going wrong. They ignore their own policy guide until it's convenient for them despite what happens to the associates.

There is no place to park without getting ticketed unless you pay the city for a parking pass to the ramps and even then you aren't sure if the ramps are full or not.

Hopefully they get themselves together. Most of the problems reside within corporate. Start the cleaning at the top and work your way down.
Pros
Products, Some Customers, Some Coworkers
Cons
Corporate, Parking, Schedule, Pay, Associate's Safety
management
Store manager (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAJuly 23, 2018
amazing to work for and the people are easy to speak with and the employees are great.. not a whole lot of drama... and i would love to stay there but health issues come up
corporate doesn't care about you
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJune 20, 2018
If you are not a perfect robot person, you will get fired for the stupidest things. I was one of their best employees, I worked my you-know-what off, and I got fired for being late one day.
Pros
it was fun interacting with customers
Cons
terrible management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Romantix. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

1.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight