Romantix Employee Reviews

Overall amazing
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTApril 17, 2018
Management and co workers are fun to work with.. I've learned a lot... These are amazing people and understanding with outside of work life. Its a great opportunity.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Working alone
New and interesting envirment with interesting people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAMarch 30, 2018
I personally feel that it was a fun work place and there was lots of new and interesting things in the store to learn about and there’s many different kinds of people that walk in some a bit sketchier then others but there are also many many people who came in that where not so sketchy with more of an upbeat attitude
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Sometimes people come in and make works feel uncomfortable
Fun workplace with challenging goals.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IAMarch 21, 2018
A very fun place to work. Challenging and fast-paced, and an ideal job opportunity for both new and seasoned sales associates. Hands-on training, wonderful management, and great benefits.
I love my job!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Alton, ILFebruary 16, 2018
I just received my 90 day evaluation. I am doing well here and I couldn't be happier. Everyone has been very helpful during my training. My store has great product at affordable prices. We get new product in weekly. The customers are happy and fun.
Pros
Bonuses, sick/vacation hours, and free product sometimes
poor company
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Galesburg, ILJanuary 29, 2018
this is a poor company to work for they are always on your BOTTOM to stand on your feet , u have to always be on call , work for people that dont want to work , this company IS UNFAIR and i would NEVER recemend any one to work for them , they lie about raises and just treat the employees UNFAIRLY , i feel sorry for anyone that works for them ,
Pros
Cons
being treated like UNFAIRLY
Easy job Monday to Friday
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO 80216January 24, 2018
I worked as a warehouse associate and it was by far the easiest job I ever have had. All we needed to do was pick pack and ship product then put away new product at the end of the day.
Pros
Mon-fri work week, easy work, full breaks, understanding bosses
Keeps me to myself and I stay busy
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Commerce City, COJanuary 21, 2018
On any regular day of the week it's not that bad I just do my regular cleans but sit on the weekend it's unreal and Men become like four to six year olds and it is disgusting but it's my job they've given me a chance I want to thank Romantix
Pros
Unlimited breaks, work by yourself atmosphere
Cons
Too much micromanaging
Romantix
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILJanuary 19, 2018
Seen a lot of things. The job is stressful, but fun at times. High turnover rates with that janitorial position. It was't that bad actually. All types of people.
Low salary, part time, no advancement.
Sales (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 18, 2018
Pros;
-Sometimes you get free product.
-You get bonuses for making goals.

Cons;
-Low hours for part time
-will pull you in for an interview even if that position isn't available.
-Min. Wage job
-High stress
-Micromanagment
-Corporate never actually interacts with sales associates, and they have no clue how the stores actually work.
Interesting
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAJanuary 11, 2018
Fun and interesting, but not long term. Its retail like any other and the customers, too often, weren't worth the trouble because of the nature of the store.
Pros
Fun, interesting
Cons
Too often customers are creeps, and its a retail position

Want to know more about Romantix?

Ask a question
Stressful, boring, often dangerous environment
Cashier and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ames, IADecember 27, 2017
I handled sales for the stores merchandise, and kept the store tidy and neat. Occasionally i would be required to play security for the customers in the Arcade.
Hardest part of the job was the customers who often gave me the urge to quit on the spot.
Pros
Discounted products, sometimes got free stuff from vendors
Cons
Customers would often be drunk, rude, or creepy
Great Entry Level Position
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEDecember 12, 2017
The role the job serves in the economy is a growing one as the lack of adult education in schools is becoming greater, so one of the big requirements, or at least aids, is knowing a bit about anatomy and the products you sell to better educate others in having a more fulfilling intimate life with or without the products the company sells. Given the slow pace of the job with a few exceptions in the week/year it can be manned by a single worker at a time which leads to a lot of communication with superiors or other workers at shift change or over the phone so its very appealing to people who prefer working alone without much hand holding. The day in and day out work pace is rather quick even if customers aren't in abundance as there are always things to do on an overall store maintenance level to keep it looking aesthetically pleasing and clean, not including the daily tasks with shipments and other clerical requirements. I'd say the hardest part of the job is keeping everyone on the same page because of the single person per shift if someone makes a mistake then there is a lot of backtracking to correct the error. The most fulfilling part of the job and why I enjoyed it is the customers that were willing to listen and learn about new things because they made my day fly by and I felt I was making a change in the world, no matter how small. In contrast there will always be the customer that comes in either as a prank and will get very personal very quickly as a joke, which can be unnerving given the professional state employees are required to maintain.
Pros
Store Discount, Commission
Cons
Short, almost non-existent breaks, Most healthcare benefits reserved for full time positions only which are limited
Not safe
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Gary, INDecember 4, 2017
Multiple robberies...company has done nothing to protect the staff..no security no locks on doors ext. They don't care about the staff they will let you go for a mistake without trying to re-train regardless what immediate supervisor suggest. You are a number thats why turnover is so high .
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Not safe, Low pay, high expectation, no loyalty, un-professional
productive and fun.
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 1, 2017
very great experience and would work there again if given the opportunity. management was great and so were the co-workers no complaints. wish I could've stayed longer but schedules were very conflicting.
Terrible management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  CTNovember 14, 2017
managers do not care about employees, schedule their favorites for shifts before others, require employees to work 16 hours in a twenty four hour period. Does not allow for any time off around holidays.
Pros
unlimited breaks
Cons
low compensation, bad hours, horrible management
I loved Romantics.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CONovember 5, 2017
I had to leave Romantics for personal reasons, and I still miss it there. It is not for the kind hearted, and there may be some clean-up, but once you lay the law down, it will be smooth sailing. It's awesome.
Pros
Free expression.
Cons
Difficult customers.
HR Manager is Lazy
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 30, 2017
The HR Manager would spend the whole morning on Amazon and reading. Would allow you to come in from 7-4 except would always ask you to do things right at 4 so you wouldn't be able to leave until like 7 but your are salary with no OT.
Flexible schedule
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 26, 2017
Sales for a variety of guests. In occasion there is a need to educate guest on products and how to use and handle. Overall a great atmosphere for workers and flexible schedules
Why corporations get a bad wrap
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Iincoln neOctober 15, 2017
You are a number to them nothing more. They opened up a new store in Lincoln without having enough staff for the old one. Everyone was unhappy due to the extra stress placed upon everyone for their lack of preparation and staffing. I was hired as assistant manager when my store manager quit my second day all of the store responsibilities were placed upon me with no extra pay. I was the only employee intended for my store and all of the others were being sent in from the new store. The company finds any possible reason to refrain from giving the earned commissions and or bonuses. The manager who hired me was a very nice person, however the run around I was given all seemed very scripted and the treatment was very cold hearted Ill assume it was due to the immense amount of pressure placed upon her from the corporate offices.
Pros
15% after 60 days, easy going work pace
Cons
Only care about numbers (corporate machine)
Productive and fun work place
Sales Person (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IASeptember 8, 2017
Fun environment, commissions are great. This work place is a great place for a new sales person to learn from experienced sales personnel. The discounts, and co workers make the job worth the fun you will experience there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Romantix. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.8

1.4Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight