Romantix Employee Reviews

Fun but slow
Organized merchandise on the floor (Former Employee) –  Long BeachAugust 27, 2018
Enjoyed working here but wasn't enough to pay the bills. Mostly very enjoyable and great co-workers. You learn and see a lot. Meet really interesting characters
Pros
Interesting and educational
Cons
Low wages
Had its ups and downs but could get tedious pretty fast
Associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJuly 28, 2018
Enjoyed working with some of my coworkers and customers.

Learned something new everyday about the products and industry.

Benefits were pretty good. If you managed to get the paperwork and the time to look everything over before it was required to be sent back in.

Fax machine/Printer was very temperamental and couldn't decide if it wanted to work or not on any given day.

Corporate needs to get themselves in check, stop looking for reasons to fire or let go of the team members early just because they try to do their jobs right and try to let you know what's going wrong. They ignore their own policy guide until it's convenient for them despite what happens to the associates.

There is no place to park without getting ticketed unless you pay the city for a parking pass to the ramps and even then you aren't sure if the ramps are full or not.

Hopefully they get themselves together. Most of the problems reside within corporate. Start the cleaning at the top and work your way down.
Pros
Products, Some Customers, Some Coworkers
Cons
Corporate, Parking, Schedule, Pay, Associate's Safety
management
Store manager (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAJuly 23, 2018
amazing to work for and the people are easy to speak with and the employees are great.. not a whole lot of drama... and i would love to stay there but health issues come up
corporate doesn't care about you
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJune 20, 2018
If you are not a perfect robot person, you will get fired for the stupidest things. I was one of their best employees, I worked my you-know-what off, and I got fired for being late one day.
Pros
it was fun interacting with customers
Cons
terrible management
Corporate is horrible! They have no clue what is going on.
Assiant Manager (Former Employee) –  Alton, ILMay 11, 2018
The job it's self was amazing! Lots of freedom to set the store up how you want. Nice customers. Higher up just can't get it together to them you are noone
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Corporate is super unorganized.
Yoiu have to be able to handle uneasy customers
Night Manager (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAMay 2, 2018
Working in an adult store is hard you really have to have tough skin and be able to deal with out of control customers that don't take no as an answer
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
Need better security
Can be fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 11, 2018
You meet interesting customers, relaxed enviroment. However you usually only get up to 30 hrs..so it don't pay enough for daily living..okay for if you just want extra cash.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Dont get weekends completely off, unpaid lunch, not enough hours
New and interesting envirment with interesting people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAMarch 30, 2018
I personally feel that it was a fun work place and there was lots of new and interesting things in the store to learn about and there’s many different kinds of people that walk in some a bit sketchier then others but there are also many many people who came in that where not so sketchy with more of an upbeat attitude
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Sometimes people come in and make works feel uncomfortable
Fun workplace with challenging goals.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IAMarch 21, 2018
A very fun place to work. Challenging and fast-paced, and an ideal job opportunity for both new and seasoned sales associates. Hands-on training, wonderful management, and great benefits.
I love my job!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Alton, ILFebruary 16, 2018
I just received my 90 day evaluation. I am doing well here and I couldn't be happier. Everyone has been very helpful during my training. My store has great product at affordable prices. We get new product in weekly. The customers are happy and fun.
Pros
Bonuses, sick/vacation hours, and free product sometimes
poor company
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Galesburg, ILJanuary 29, 2018
this is a poor company to work for they are always on your BOTTOM to stand on your feet , u have to always be on call , work for people that dont want to work , this company IS UNFAIR and i would NEVER recemend any one to work for them , they lie about raises and just treat the employees UNFAIRLY , i feel sorry for anyone that works for them ,
Pros
Cons
being treated like UNFAIRLY
Easy job Monday to Friday
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO 80216January 24, 2018
I worked as a warehouse associate and it was by far the easiest job I ever have had. All we needed to do was pick pack and ship product then put away new product at the end of the day.
Pros
Mon-fri work week, easy work, full breaks, understanding bosses
Keeps me to myself and I stay busy
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Commerce City, COJanuary 21, 2018
On any regular day of the week it's not that bad I just do my regular cleans but sit on the weekend it's unreal and Men become like four to six year olds and it is disgusting but it's my job they've given me a chance I want to thank Romantix
Pros
Unlimited breaks, work by yourself atmosphere
Cons
Too much micromanaging
Romantix
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILJanuary 19, 2018
Seen a lot of things. The job is stressful, but fun at times. High turnover rates with that janitorial position. It was't that bad actually. All types of people.
Low salary, part time, no advancement.
Sales (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 18, 2018
Pros;
-Sometimes you get free product.
-You get bonuses for making goals.

Cons;
-Low hours for part time
-will pull you in for an interview even if that position isn't available.
-Min. Wage job
-High stress
-Micromanagment
-Corporate never actually interacts with sales associates, and they have no clue how the stores actually work.
Interesting
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAJanuary 11, 2018
Fun and interesting, but not long term. Its retail like any other and the customers, too often, weren't worth the trouble because of the nature of the store.
Pros
Fun, interesting
Cons
Too often customers are creeps, and its a retail position
Stressful, boring, often dangerous environment
Cashier and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ames, IADecember 27, 2017
I handled sales for the stores merchandise, and kept the store tidy and neat. Occasionally i would be required to play security for the customers in the Arcade.
Hardest part of the job was the customers who often gave me the urge to quit on the spot.
Pros
Discounted products, sometimes got free stuff from vendors
Cons
Customers would often be drunk, rude, or creepy
Great Entry Level Position
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEDecember 12, 2017
The role the job serves in the economy is a growing one as the lack of adult education in schools is becoming greater, so one of the big requirements, or at least aids, is knowing a bit about anatomy and the products you sell to better educate others in having a more fulfilling intimate life with or without the products the company sells. Given the slow pace of the job with a few exceptions in the week/year it can be manned by a single worker at a time which leads to a lot of communication with superiors or other workers at shift change or over the phone so its very appealing to people who prefer working alone without much hand holding. The day in and day out work pace is rather quick even if customers aren't in abundance as there are always things to do on an overall store maintenance level to keep it looking aesthetically pleasing and clean, not including the daily tasks with shipments and other clerical requirements. I'd say the hardest part of the job is keeping everyone on the same page because of the single person per shift if someone makes a mistake then there is a lot of backtracking to correct the error. The most fulfilling part of the job and why I enjoyed it is the customers that were willing to listen and learn about new things because they made my day fly by and I felt I was making a change in the world, no matter how small. In contrast there will always be the customer that comes in either as a prank and will get very personal very quickly as a joke, which can be unnerving given the professional state employees are required to maintain.
Pros
Store Discount, Commission
Cons
Short, almost non-existent breaks, Most healthcare benefits reserved for full time positions only which are limited
Not safe
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Gary, INDecember 4, 2017
Multiple robberies...company has done nothing to protect the staff..no security no locks on doors ext. They don't care about the staff they will let you go for a mistake without trying to re-train regardless what immediate supervisor suggest. You are a number thats why turnover is so high .
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Not safe, Low pay, high expectation, no loyalty, un-professional
productive and fun.
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 1, 2017
very great experience and would work there again if given the opportunity. management was great and so were the co-workers no complaints. wish I could've stayed longer but schedules were very conflicting.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Romantix. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

1.8InHerSight Score

1.4Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight