ROMEO'S PIZZA Management reviews

The Most Terrible Place I've EVER Worked
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Lodi, OHMay 25, 2019
The management there runs ever other manager out and is consistently taking everything out on the other employees. If the GM's daughters want hours your hours will be chopped down to less than 10 even if you've worked there for years. Since, the general manager's daughter is the one who actually makes the schedule. It is an absolutely ridiculous and unprofessional environment. The owners are almost as bad as the ludicrously terrible general manager that acts like a child.
Pros
Cons
no raises
Poor work environment
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Hilliard, OHAugust 10, 2018
Management was ran poorly and there was no discipline or self motivation in the work place, everyone I worked with seemed miserable about their job and didn’t like coming to work.
eh, not for everyone
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 1, 2018
its go-go-go even if theres no-one in the restaurant expect to be yelled at to work harder, co workers are not for your help and there are favorites picked.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Pickerington, OHApril 1, 2018
Very fun environment, loved the crew, many work together as a colony. Management was very professional an had a positive impact on the crew from a workers an buisness aspect.
very fun part time job
Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Broadview Heights, OHMarch 2, 2018
The management was very nice and fair, and it was a very fun and laid back environment to work at. Only thing to complain about is how hot it gets working in the summer in a pizza shop.
Do not work here, if it still exists.
Server/ Associate (Former Employee) –  Wellington, FLJune 16, 2017
Sweatshop for me back when I was still in high school. The owner didn't care that I just got off school and had to walk to the restaurant. I would not recommend this place. Instead of getting paid with tips, they were removed and I only got paid minimum wage. What a joke. Don't do this.
All Around Good Environment
Pizza Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHMay 12, 2017
Very willing to work around schedules to try and give the best hours. Management is very personable and friendly to the employees and customers. An all around good environment.
Pros
50% off of all purchases
Cons
N/a
Overall, it is a great place to work at.
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHMarch 28, 2017
Overall, working here was a great time. Until current events, I saw myself working there under my General Manager and eventually becoming his Assistant. When he passed away, those talks of me moving up soon faded away. The soon to be owner did not want to promote me. I was working well over 50 hours as well. The management team seems like it can no longer function because our new General Manager has no clue what he is doing because he got promoted with no training. The work environment seems to be very different now. When I started working there, it was the best place to work. Now it is only a great place to work.
Pros
50% off while working.
Cons
No paid time off for employees or shift leaders, no raises every three months, no insurance plan for shift leaders, breaks have to be very short
Easy job with great employees
Cashier/Phones/Cook (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHFebruary 23, 2017
I worked at Romeo's Pizza for 2-3 years while I was in high school and this was my first actual job. The managers are pretty nice and won't fire you unless you are really awful at your job. I can still go into Romeo's 3 years later and ask the managers for a job and they would hire my on the spot.
Enjoyable people
delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHJanuary 12, 2017
Many of the staff members at Romeos were a joy to work with and made the daily tasks of food management easier. The staff was helpful fun and always smiling.
Low Hours, Little Pay
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Green, OHNovember 18, 2016
Low hours and slow business causes very little pay for drivers.

Always sent home early, sometimes as early as an hour into your shift.

Very bad management.

Tips are basically nothing.
Pros
Cons
Very low Pay
Was a courtesy
Diver/Line 2 Associate (Former Employee) –  Hartville, OHSeptember 11, 2016
I have nothing poor to say of this company. Just ready to move on. Good pizza, decent management. Great for fresh out of high school.
Good food and variety, high prices, good management, varying franchise policies/expectations.
Manager - Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Lewis Center, OHSeptember 21, 2015
It's a fun place to work; however, there is only room for advancement if more stores open or employees are fired/quit (turnover rate is kind of high, so this happens often). Due to the restaurant being a franchise, each owner has his/her own expectations and requirements for employment. This specific restaurant location did not support or honor bonuses and offered no benefits for any levels of management.
Pros
Fun atmosphere, good food
Cons
Inconsistent expectations, no bonuses or benefits (franchise specific)
Very fun, productive, great environment
Cook and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lewis Center, OHMay 30, 2015
I love working at Romeo's Pizza. Great staff, management that cares, good environment. Very busy, but fun and many things to learn. Lots of promotion opportunities. Very flexible but sometimes limited hours, and people leave and come quickly.
Horrible
Manager (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, OHMay 27, 2015
Horrible experience with everything. The new management is rude and unfair. Not family oriented at all. Liars and bad attitudes
Productive and fun workplace with great coworkers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Highland Hts, OHMay 27, 2015
Typically I would answer phones to take orders or help walk in customers place orders. I would also handle the money coming in. I learned time-management skills, people skills, respect for authority and for my customers, as well as critical thinking skills. The people I worked with were nice and friendly, and the management was always on top of things and willing to help me whenever I needed it.
Fun and experience-building
Phone Associate (Current Employee) –  Hartville, OHMarch 28, 2015
I truly enjoy getting to interact with customers and my fellow employees on a daily basis. I like the fact that I can balance my work schedule to fit around school and other activities. I also enjoy the fact that I can learn skills from management and customer service that will help me deal with people in my career field when I graduate college. It is truly a fun and interesting place to work for.
Pros
Learn skills, make friends
Cons
Work hours may vary based on seasons
rewarding job with great food
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHJanuary 30, 2015
make great food, management was pleasant, co-workers enjoyed their job and willing to do what they were asked , listening to music while working,
Pros
free lunch
Worst Job I ever had
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wellington, FLJanuary 5, 2015
When I worked there, I had no training. I would be on the phone with customers and my boss would rip the phone out of my hand for no reason. One day I made a mistake and he screamed at me and told me he was taking money out of my paycheck.
Cons
Everything.
Very well organized pizza shop.
Cook/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Tallmadge, OHMay 13, 2013
Prepare and deliver food
how to make pizza
management was very helpful
co-workers were extremely out going
the hardest part of the job was completing orders during rush hours
the most enjoyable part of the job was getting compliments from customers