Romeos Pizza Employee Reviews

Relaxed and enjoyable job
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 15, 2019
Romeos was my first place being a host. They were extremely kind to me and even hired one of my friends. It was an incredibly laid back job, and the pay was great too.
Pros
Discounted meals, good pay
Cons
Bi-weekly check
a great place well ran well-loved
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 23, 2019
Perform manager duties I'll cook duties I'll dishwasher duties I'll prep duties I'll opening manager and closing manager duties. Server and Busboys handling employee relations team building
Overall good place to work and eat.
Server (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PAJanuary 23, 2019
Food is great, and the staff and management help however they can. There is mostly a team effort in all areas of the restaurant. It is obvious that the staff wants customers to be happy and enjoy their experience.
Pros
Orderly and management is helpful
Cons
Occasional lack of communication on task.
A mess of a job
Insider/Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Hilliard, OHNovember 12, 2018
I worked at Romeos for 4 years. I worked in the Hilliard store and went through nearly 10 managers quitting in just that store alone. They had no benefits and barely allowed me to flex my schedule due to me being in school. When I went to work at the Grandview store as a shift a manger I was lied to about a raise, my schedule was nearly 60 hours a week, and I was mistreated by the owner. They hold no respect for their drivers and insiders. Managers only care for themselves. It’s an overall awful work environment.
But In the end I did have fun. I worked extremely hard and made good friends. But I do not recommend going to work there with all your might. My biggest mistake was showing off the hard work I could do and they took advantage of it.
Pros
One free meal in a 12 hour shift
Cons
Little to no break, working over time every night, no respect of other employees
Franchise Owners Care
Traveling Manager (Former Employee) –  Lodi, OHSeptember 26, 2018
I worked for a franchise and they really cared about their employees. If there was ever an issue you were able to reach out to them for help. The majority of the managers are nice also
Pros
Good to work for
Cons
No healthcare
Fun
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Hilliard, OHAugust 3, 2018
Very laid back, everyone is very kind. Everyone is different and unique and they respect each other. We work well together and work hard. Always staying busy and getting work done. Keep everything clean and out fogsthwr
Pros
50% off
Cons
Pay, hours
Good job for pocket money
Delivery Driver/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJJuly 30, 2018
Good job for pocket money. Owner will work with you to create a schedule that fits what you want. Free slice of pizza per day. Stock coolers daily, deliveries on Tues/weds.
Great work environment and great staff.
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJuly 5, 2018
Working at romeos pizza was always a fun time. The management made it a great and fun place to work while still making sure everything that needed done, got done.
Pros
Meal credit.
Cons
No brakes.
Fun
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 14, 2018
Energetic fun an ok environment depending on location and owners. Could do better at the corporate level of things. They could choose better owners and corporate employees.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Working thru break
few hours, low pay
Phone Sales (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHMay 11, 2018
the coworkers were not very nice, the hours were very short, and the conditions were just overall not very good. my first day there I was told one of the other employees wanted to fight me so that was fun.
Pros
free food
Cons
pretty much everything else
Easy going work place
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHApril 25, 2018
The work was very easy but also engaging. When an order comes in you make the pizza and put it in the oven. Managers rarely get mad at messed up pizzas and you often get to eat them. The hardest part of the job would be Friday nights if a lot of orders came in.
Poor workplace & would not recommend
Insider (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHDecember 13, 2017
This place is inconsistent, unprofessional and has poor management. If youre looking for a place to work that gives decent to good hours and decent pay, Romeos is not the place. After working there for some time, i was only being schedule 10 or less hours (on a good week). The new management was incredibly disrespectful to me and left me feeling uncomfortable every shift. I would not recommend this place to anybody unless they wanted to work one day a week with low pay.
Pros
20% discounted meals
Cons
Poor management, work shortages, inconsistent, unprofessional.
worked 16 months as part-time insider
Insider (Former Employee) –  Hilliard, OHDecember 12, 2017
slow-average days (mon-thursday) lunch/dinner rushes are typically easy to handly and relaxed.
thursday-sunday usually busy to super busy, dinner and lunch rushes become burdening and stressful, especially when managers get emotional and take it out on small mistakes.
Pros
cool managers = free food
Cons
bad managers = bad time
Great part time job
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Berea, OHNovember 9, 2017
Working at romeos part time pairs great with being a college student. The hours are flexible enough to leave me with ample time to study and finish tests. The pay is better than expected.
Pros
Occasional free pizza, great tips.
Cons
Closing shifts sometimes run very late.
Good
Delivery Driver/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Vineland, NJOctober 25, 2017
This job was a great job but I had to leave because of a medical situation. I was then replaced. Didn't have the chance to heal and the hours weren't fair.
Fast paced work environment
Cook/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, MESeptember 27, 2017
Fast paced work environment, right on route one inside the splendid community of scarborough. The only thing I like more than the customers are the employees.
Good work place but poor management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 20, 2017
Good work place but poor management down the road. Not high enough pay for the work i was putting in and the stress associated with it. Need more flexible hours/ less hours to focus on school.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
non-flexible hours
Fast paced
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 17, 2017
Prep work,cook,wait tables,open/close books,learned new recipes and how to help manage a restaurant.The management was good at what he does,Employees were fun to work with.The hardest part is when the food orders take to long for a customer.Enjoyed meeting new people and taking care of customers.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, discounts
Cons
Late hours
Dough Maker (Former Employee) –  University Heights, OHJuly 14, 2017
i would come in early morning before everyone else and make dough for each day Mon-sat and then go home on a typical but other days i would stay and help make pizzas or prep with the opening manager
Pros
i could do my job anytime before open
Cons
no hours
Fun workplace, great people but not enough hours
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  Medina, OHJuly 7, 2017
I've been working at Romeos for about 7 months now and it is a fun place. The people there are great and they are easy to get along with. Although the work environment is great, it's extremely hot and constant orders. We do dine ins, bar, delivery, and pick up so it gets very busy. Also not enough hours; atleast for me.
Pros
Good people, great food, flexible schedule
Cons
some rude customers, hot kitchen, short hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Romeos Pizza. Our community is ready to answer.