Ron Jon Surf Shop Employee Reviews

HORRIBLE place to work. Management is awful
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orange Beach, ALFebruary 10, 2019
Horrible place to work. Management is beyond horrible. So much favoritism. They always single you out but other can do whatever. If you arnt the golden one you are a target, always. They will let others do whatever then yelll at you, if you are a target. Always on you about something. Can’t ever do anything without a manager hassling you. The managers will talk garbage about you. Save your time.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Poor management
It’s a joke.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orange Beach, ALJanuary 1, 2019
GM sat in the office and when they were to come out of the office it was only to complain that for one second we were having a conversation. We had approximately 5-10 people come in the store a day so it’s not as if the store is a mess, ever, but we were constantly being told to find something to do. Constantly felt like we were being babysat & harassesd.
Pros
Hour lunch.
Cons
Management.
Awsome place
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Cocoa Beach, FLDecember 20, 2018
I’ve only been with RJSS since Nov and it’s just wonderful to be here. For a retail manager coming from speciality stores it’s so refreshing to be able to actually manage associates. We have teams that do everything from markdowns to floor sets.
Pros
Pay bonus hours people
Cons
Can’t think of any
Enjoyed the set hours and full-time work in a tourist area.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCDecember 15, 2018
This was a good retail job, since we had year-round full-time hours. We also had a consistent shift and schedule, for example the same two days off every week.
Pros
Great atmosphere, beautiful vacation spot: Barefoot Landing
Cons
The breakroom was basically a hallway on the way to the bathroom.
being so close to the beach.
Full-Time Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Cocoa Beach, FLDecember 13, 2018
I Loved how close the store was to the beach. So when I am on my lunch beach I would go to the beach. I enjoyed working in the store it was a fun place to work.
Good first management role
hiring and training manager (Former Employee) –  Key West, FLNovember 26, 2018
Key West location was always running into the issues of a high turn over with employees which made for a stressful year. all in all the team we had was awesome, only down fall to having what could be an awesome job was corporate, they were always micromanaging every employee to the point where we had people leaving without notice and giving the company a bad name. i found a better opportunity with another company which lead to my departure.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
micromanaging from corp.
It was very relaxing never too stressful , and i enjoyed being able to work alone .
Sales associate, cashier (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 26, 2018
They only have 2 shifts but it being at the airport is what made it fun and some of my co workers were amazing . The manager he was great always pushed us to do better and succeed in life, I really appreciated him for that because i was young and i didn't have anyone ever do that for me. I didnt mind the shifts because at least it wasnt an overnight shift. Theres always something to do like checking if we have the sizes to put out more clothes , also fold clothes , & be able to talk to customers and just be able to sell the stuff . Secret shoppers were honestly my favorite part because you never knew who they were and plus you get congratulated if you passed them and i always did. That is what makes you do your job cause you treat every customer as if they are the secret shopper atleast thats what i always did.
Pros
Learning new things and meeting people from all over the world
ok summer job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Myrtle Beach, SCNovember 11, 2018
The was manager fair to employees. There was a pretty reliable schedule. It was an OK summer job while deciding whether or not to go to college or work full time from home.
Positive, quick-paced work environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Panama City Beach, FLNovember 5, 2018
Once you get used to the pace of the job and orientation of the store, the job is a breeze. There is always some form of organizing or restocking that needs to be done so one is never left idle.
N/a
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 20, 2018
A very interesting company to work with, very organized and clean, we had a daily meeting to talk about the goals for the day and what area we were assigned to
I loved working there!
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Orange Beach, ALSeptember 28, 2018
When the season was going quickly, the day flew by and I loved my job. I loved the people worked with as well. Overall, great environment to be in and I would go back in a heartbeat.
Awesome work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 28, 2018
Honestly had a great time while working. Everyone was nice, and working there was great. Everything was well structured, and we had an hour for lunch, as well as a 10 minute break.
Pros
Good employees
Cons
Always dead
Laid back and good environment
Cashier/Rental Shop Operator (Former Employee) –  Cocoa Beach, FLAugust 10, 2018
I usually opened up the rental shop and would rent out different products. I worked the register and made sure that our products didn't get damaged with the people that rented them out. While working there I learned how to run a store without the aid of management being there all the time, which made it super easy and very laid back. The hardest part of the job was not getting customers everyday and being bored when there was no one renting products and nothing to get worked on in the store. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with different customers from all over the world.
Ron Jons is a fun working environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cocoa Beach, FLAugust 4, 2018
Ron Jons is fun and a laid back working environment. The managers work with you to help you grow and learn to be a better sales associate. My teammates always make the day better.
Guaranteed work and hours but very stressful job
Stock Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJuly 9, 2018
The job provided pretty well for me for 9 years, but it wasn't very enjoyable. Only a handful of assistant managers over the years helped me with the stock. The store manager never did. The 3 summer months were the worst. The best was when I was allowed to help merchandise the stock.
Exciting, customer-centered environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  North Myrtle Beach, SCJune 12, 2018
Fully trained before the start of the working week. Management was communicative and respectful. Management offered opportunities to grow within the company. Customer care and sales are a vital aspect of a work day.
Decent place to work mostly because of other employees
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJune 5, 2018
Was an OK place to work mostly because of other employees that were incredibly friendly and willing to work hard. Most of management had it figured out despite a couple who had poor attitudes and uninviting personalities. Everyone who worked there when I was employed has left to find other careers.
Productive and fun workplace.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCApril 27, 2018
Great place, great atmosphere. I enjoyed working for this establishment and would thoroughly enjoy returning for the summer seasonal position that has come available.
Excellent Work Culture
Retail Sales Associate Full-time (Former Employee) –  Panama City Beach, FL 32413April 24, 2018
A typical day is maintain the store's appearance, counting a register, restocking needed items, greeting customers. and putting a register in the office at closing.
Pros
Positive attitudes
A typical day at work, the most enjoyable part of job
Cashier, Costumer Service, Clean-up (Former Employee) –  Cocoa Beach, FL 32931April 6, 2018
this job was very fast paced and I met customers from all over the world.I enjoyed this job very much. You were never bored. It was exciting! Management was wonderful!
Pros
fun
Cons
graveyard shift was kinda scary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ron Jon Surf Shop. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight