Rondout Valley Central School District Employee Reviews

1.7Job Security & Advancement
A Very Political School District
Retired teacher (Former Employee) –  Middle SchoolMay 27, 2018
If you apply for a job you probably won't get it unless you have family or friends working there. Extremely political. Hiring practices are unfair. One administrator arbitrarily makes hiring decisions despite recommendations of others.
Constantly reinventing the wheel rather than moving forward with the times. Neighboring districts run circles around this district!
Pros
Salary and benefits.
Cons
Political, Not competive with neighboring districts, Not moving forward with the times.
If I had not moved then I would still be working there; looking for a permanent full time position.
Day to Day Substitute (Former Employee) –  Accord, NYAugust 11, 2016
Rondout was a fun, productive, learning experience.
I enjoy working with children; K-8. I learned attendance applications and preferred working on all projects. I am goal oriented and Rondout made sure that I had projects to complete no matter what department I worked. All employees were friendly and helpful. The most enjoyable part of my job was the constant change that I incurred. I rarely knew which of the four buildings I would be working in nor which position.
Pros
working with the children
Cons
Not being called often
Energetic, exciting, fulfilling
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Accord, NYNovember 30, 2013
* Teaching different students different subjects.
* I learned to be firm and kind to be effective.
*Management has to be organized and on top form to be effective in a school environment.
* My co-workers are hard working professionals . They are also very helpful when I need assistance.
* The hardest part of the job is the negative behavior from students.
* The most enjoyable part of the job is be able to encourage and teach students.
Pros
Being with children of all ages.
Cons
Limited work