Rooms To Go Employee Reviews

Crazy competition, low pay, unpredictable hours - It’s just not worth it!
Retail Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  The Colony, TXJuly 16, 2018
I actually worked as a Retail Office Assistant at 2 locations - first in Plano, TX, then in The Colony, TX, and boy, what a difference it made! My days normally consisted of printing out and inspecting paperwork throughout the day, stocking the sales floor terminals, wiping down the office, giving and receiving tablets from sales associates, checking financing accounts of customers and calling the necessary company if something didn’t add up, and answering phones calls as well as attending to customers who walked in, be it to make any payments or answer any questions they had at the time.

I moved to the latter location to be closer to where I lived at the time and to try something new and challenging. Although both locations have really put my skills to the test and helped me grow a tougher skin against rude customers, I still considered it to be one of the biggest mistakes I’ve ever made with Rooms to Go. The entitlement from customers and even some sales associates just left a bad taste in my mouth. It was also annoying that the managers expected us to screen calls and walk-ins from customers who wanted to speak to a manager as much as possible before even letting them speak to one (though it was sometimes necessary since there were some things with which we as office assistants could help the customers).

Really, the only good things about Rooms to Go are the benefits offered, the occassional free lunches provided by managers, vendors, or even some sales associates, the hour-long lunches we could take on our own (though the staff at The Colony seem to discourage that
  more... and preferred we took 30-minute lunches), and my coworkers since (for the most part) they were cool to work with. Even some sales associates were respectful and nice since they understood how much we did for them (it wasn’t always like that though - some were stubborn, some were a bit chauvinistic, and lots more wouldn’t own up to the mistakes they made, thus expecting the office assistants to clean up their messes).

In the end, if you’re looking to put your skills to the test and gain some customer service and office experience along the way, you can give this a go. It’s not for everyone though, so beware..
Pros
Decent coworkers for the most part, occassional free lunches, hour long lunch if possible, decent benefits
Cons
Way too stressful for its own good, extremely rude and entitled customers, sometimes disrespectful sales associates, no work-life balance, low pay
crazy work schedule no home life but pay is good
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLJuly 14, 2018
The pay is good but the work hours are horrible. They don't expect you to ever have a home life you will never have a weekend off and only get 3 holiday off a year Christmas, Thanksgiving, and Easter. They frown on you leaving for 15 minutes to get lunch they want you on the floor at all time even if it slow with no customers in the store. They tell you to lie to customers to sell the extended warranty plan they call Guard It. We are to tell customers it covers all damage when in reality it covers only a small amount of damage.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
work hours are horrible
Productive and Fun place to work at.
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Ponce, PRJuly 14, 2018
This company makes you feel at home. It allows the person to grow in everyway at the work space. Its ean excelent company. Its a comfortable job for anyone who is familiar with computers , files , faxing ect ect.
A day at Rooms To Go
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 13, 2018
As you start your morning, the Sup will come in with a meeting. I love the atmosphere and all my co worker, the pay was great my coworker were a better help then the managers.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Paul Lewis is a horrible manager
it was pretty okay
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 10, 2018
Was a great job. Ample pay but the hours are overwhelming . There is relatively no work life balance what so ever. and over time is practically mandatory.
Pros
great wages
Cons
horrible working hours
Averaage workplace with a good family enviorment
Pembroke Pines - Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJuly 6, 2018
I cant stress it enough how comfortable and welcoming rooms to go has been with me. They are well managed and the office staff is better than average. I dislike the hours that were open so late and how we are scheduled but it is very flexible with my school schedule. The managers are very friendly yet professional.
Pros
commute, comfortable, family oriented work enviorment
Cons
pay, hours
Good pay with growing company. Flexibility to work in lots of states. Overall great benefits. Long hard retail hours
Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 4, 2018
Over the past twenty years I’ve learned a lot about people. As a sales professional I’ve been fortunate enough to earn great salaries. As with any business, my schedule was determined by the market I worked in. Initially I worked in NC. There I did lots of training of new persons. From there I transferred to the New Orleans area where it was a new market . It was very competitive. Year after year I was always among the top producers. Four years ago I moved to Florida to be closer to family . It was here that I took the position of Senior Sales. I’ve really enjoyed working for RTG over the years. Change is inevitable and I’m ready for the challenge
Pros
Excellent pay and health insurance. Paid personal days, vacations and holidays. Flexibility in schedule. Growing company
Cons
Company match for 401k not great. No profit sharing
Management needs improvement
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 1, 2018
Not flexible with time off especially during holidays it is prohibited. Likable co workers very supportive of each other. Sales quota is attainable due to stores popularity.
Bad workplace
Wrapper and Loader (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJuly 1, 2018
The payrate is bad. The coworkers are lazy so, you have to do your work plus the coworker work. I don’t recomend the Rooms To Go Distribution Center..
Pros
They give bonus
Cons
The coworkers are lazy.
It was a good job
Recycling Specialist, assembler,warehouse (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAJune 29, 2018
I really enjoyed my time at rtg, Kind of miss it a little , I still would have been working there if I haven't had moved. The money was ok at the time , I think they have gave several or raises to it since I had left, The only bad part about the job worse working in hot conditions thats all.
Pros
discounts, knowing what time you was starting and ending, benifits, pay
Cons
hot conditions
porductive job place
Dispatcher and Router (Current Employee) –  Brookshire, TXJune 29, 2018
nice job to work at non stressful room for advancement and staff is good just as long as work is done and will help you with anything needed to advance
Good compensation if you have the physical and mental strenth to stay focused.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJune 28, 2018
As a company it has not changed much in the 23 years it has been around. I was a top producer and paid fairly (straight commission). Vacation time, paid extra day off for working holidays, paid vacation time every 6 months, and insurance benefits.
Pros
If you are good at your job you can make a good amount of money.
Cons
Days off during the week are always split. Must work every holiday and very long hours.
Relaxing/ busy
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pearland, TXJune 28, 2018
Great environment, nice people to work with. There is room to grow. I enjoyed the atmosphere, it can be very fast paced environment and slow at the same time.
Fast paced with signifant customer interaction.
Supervisor Paul Piatkowski (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC 28208June 28, 2018
This was a fast paced enironment. I was responsble for confirming appointments and notifying customers when deliveries needed to be rescheduled due to non availibility of specific pieces ordered. I also updated existing orders based on requested received from individual stores. Also worked closely with delivery department preparing driver manifests.
House man/ sales associate (Former Employee) –  Jensen Beach, FLJune 27, 2018
hade a great time staff was friendly and very motivated had varies chances of growth and new opppurtunities daily would reccomend it to anyone looking for a career
I enjoyed my job
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  United StatesJune 25, 2018
High pressure sales you must be reviewed monthly and maintain certain companies standards after three consecutive months if you don’t meet the standards you are fired very unprofessional managers with no knowledge of sales or how to treat employees
Pros
Good money
Cons
No job security
its ok
Customer Service/ Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 22, 2018
very fast pasted. but not much room to grow.
if there is growth its very slow.
not many positions pout side of sales .
system is very old still working on dos
Friendly environment
Tugger Operator (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 21, 2018
Management is great and co-workers are friendly. The pay is decent starting off. There are many opportunities to advance within the company. Holiday pay is given also.
Faced passed but very intuitive
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJune 19, 2018
The work load could be alot at time but it will definitely perfect all your skills and more. ONLY apply if you like challenges. This job is a major test of your limits
productive and fun environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXJune 18, 2018
Good co-workers
high end furniture with great prices and sales
good benefits
paid vacations
professional management
professional office staff
beautiful showrooms

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rooms To Go. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight