Rooms To Go Employee Reviews

Amazing
Front office receptionist (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLDecember 14, 2018
I worked at Rooms To Go for the experiences and advancement in my resume. It's hard to find places that would hire young unexperienced student/young adults and allow them to learn. I had a great experience working at Rooms To Go for my short time there yet I learned amazing communication skills and had personal growth. The management and staff were very helpful and took their time to teach all of their employees the proper skills to succeed in the company.
Pros
Amazing staff and hires students
Fun place
Lead porter (Former Employee) –  Covington, LADecember 11, 2018
It was a fun place to work with the people around me it’s a different environment if you never worked at a place like it some customers are rude so sometimes you may have to bite your tongue other than that it’s a great place to work
Pros
No free lunches
Cons
Up to one hour lunch
A good place to work.
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  Dunn, NCDecember 8, 2018
I liked working there. If I could go back to work there I would. It was a laid back placed to work as long as you did your job. And you always could work overtime and cross train.
Great place to work , awesome upper management, local management lousy. Hours are hard because of the holidays all else is good. Very competetive
Sales and Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Seffner, FLDecember 6, 2018
Great place to work , awesome upper management, local management lousy. Hours are hard because of the holidays all else is good. Very competitive environment
This job will get you through a tough time
Forklift Technician (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLDecember 4, 2018
This job will get you through a tough time and that’s about it , it’s full of halfway managers who only enforce rules when the “boss man” is in the building . They will also pester you to do more work as if you’re not doing enough.
Pros
Pay, benifits
work
Sales (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 2, 2018
employees are constantly busy most of the days. Management needs to be more flexible and help more the employees but overall a good place to work with different locations
Productive and very great place to work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Dunn, NCNovember 29, 2018
Rooms to Go is an very great place to work. The supervisors, managers, HR, co workers ect great. From the very first day I started working there I enjoyed it. Only bad thing that if your not living in Dunn, the driving distance.
Pros
Staff
Cons
the distance of travel
showing customers new furniture deals
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXNovember 26, 2018
typical day is helping customer find their new look in furniture and bedding. Find a solution if financing to afford furniture. Complete the sell by selling add on's such as rugs, vases, pictures, lamps, and sofa tables. no assembly required delivery drivers assemble.
Pros
Helping customers find their dream furniture
Cons
working every weekend
rooms to go was an experience
Shipping (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GANovember 26, 2018
Spent many months working, loading and lifting heavy furniture. physical labor for most of the day, spend most of the day organizing and lifting all types of furniture.
it was a pleasure
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 21, 2018
went to work in 1994 when they had just opened 2 years earlier great training for my future on a sales floor very upbeat fast floor caring manager and very responsive uper management
Pros
great income
Productive and Fast Paced Enviroment
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 13, 2018
Productive and Fast Paced.
Customer-service orientated.
Work by co-mission.
Fun to help customers choose furniture and what they want in their house..
Pros
free lunches
Cons
by comission
it’s a cool place to work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLNovember 8, 2018
Working at Rooms To Go is honestly a constant work place. It’s a very fast working place. Rooms to go itself isn’t a bad place to work at but the pay doesn’t match the work
Pros
we get a weekly bonus
Cons
short breaks, healthcare and mangers
Wonderful company
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Houston TexasNovember 4, 2018
Rooms to go is a good company that tries to take care of its people but sometimes management take things a little to far in terms of micromanaging employees when employee proformance while important doesn’t directly effect management. It’s 100% commission. If you don’t work out don’t eat so it shouldn’t matter how many breaks I take. It doesn’t effect you
good place to work at
Lead Furniture Technician (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GANovember 4, 2018
Rooms to go is a good company to work for they have a lot of opportunities and trade jobs openings. Their schedules are very flexible as well. The breaks can be adjusted, is not enough time for your break.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
short breaks
Productive and fun place to work
Lift Operator (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLOctober 25, 2018
I would recommend working at rooms to go for anyone seeking a job that is competitive, fun, and pretty challenging at times. The pay could be better, but its not too bad.
Pros
good benefits, great staff
Cons
low pay, management is bad at times
Work all day till midnight
Mover/Helper (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 24, 2018
I was a helper for like 7 years on and off it wad cool and fun when your with a cool driver but if your driver tired and grumpy all the time and starting late in the morning be prepared to be out all day like all day until midnight
Pros
Pay is decent 100 maybe 120 a day
Cons
Six days a week all day sunday off
Not an easy place to work.
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 23, 2018
There is one thing I can say about that place is that my direct supervisor I had was great. He made me feel like I was a human being and not just an employee. I learned a lot from him and it helped shape me in to the supervisor I currently am at Sam's Club.
But the work load was very much uneven for the amount of associates we had. We were to prep upholstery to get padded and loaded on to the truck. The work wasn't hard honestly it was just too much to stress on about 4 works. the ratio from upholstery to associate was between 30- 45 to 1, With only 8 hours to finish the job and we would always end up working late.
Pros
Great direct supervisor
Cons
heavy work load
overall a good job with some big problems holding it back
Porter (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXOctober 23, 2018
Rooms to Go as a porter is a good starting place however is has a few issues in the long run as a porter. fist the normal day as one wil have you need to do all sorts of task such as cleaning, reaparing, and oher menial task around the floor as shuch you work in a team of three all working togerther to get the job done. the cracks only show when there are less or less willing people working with you. as the amount of work can go up expadentually.
Pros
very stable freedom in choices for breaks
Cons
12hr work days have a lot of jobs at once
Great Company!!!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 16, 2018
Attainable sales goals, Great Atmosphere!! A True Open Door Policy. Flexible with regards to calling in sick or needing to be off. Great Co-workers. Clean workplace.
Pros
The employee discount is offered to parents and siblings
Cons
The long shifts on Holidays bka "Bell Shifts"
Love rtg
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Seffner, FLOctober 16, 2018
Rooms to go has been a great job for me these last few months. Although meeting the call quota can be found to be difficult some days it's a very fun job. the teams you end up on become like family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rooms To Go. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight