Rooms To Go Culture reviews

Great place to work , awesome upper management, local management lousy. Hours are hard because of the holidays all else is good. Very competetive
Sales and Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Seffner, FLDecember 6, 2018
Great place to work , awesome upper management, local management lousy. Hours are hard because of the holidays all else is good. Very competitive environment
Productive and very great place to work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Dunn, NCNovember 29, 2018
Rooms to Go is an very great place to work. The supervisors, managers, HR, co workers ect great. From the very first day I started working there I enjoyed it. Only bad thing that if your not living in Dunn, the driving distance.
Pros
Staff
Cons
the distance of travel
Fun place
Lead porter (Former Employee) –  Covington, LADecember 11, 2018
It was a fun place to work with the people around me it’s a different environment if you never worked at a place like it some customers are rude so sometimes you may have to bite your tongue other than that it’s a great place to work
Pros
No free lunches
Cons
Up to one hour lunch
Productive and fun place to work
Lift Operator (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLOctober 25, 2018
I would recommend working at rooms to go for anyone seeking a job that is competitive, fun, and pretty challenging at times. The pay could be better, but its not too bad.
Pros
good benefits, great staff
Cons
low pay, management is bad at times
Great workplace
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 8, 2019
Overall loved the job. Fast paced and demanding. Loved management. Great team members. Competitive and great customers. Job security a plus for outstanding work.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Pay security
Good pay with growing company. Flexibility to work in lots of states. Overall great benefits. Long hard retail hours
Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 4, 2018
Over the past twenty years I’ve learned a lot about people. As a sales professional I’ve been fortunate enough to earn great salaries. As with any business, my schedule was determined by the market I worked in. Initially I worked in NC. There I did lots of training of new persons. From there I transferred to the New Orleans area where it was a new market . It was very competitive. Year after year I was always among the top producers. Four years ago I moved to Florida to be closer to family . It was here that I took the position of Senior Sales. I’ve really enjoyed working for RTG over the years. Change is inevitable and I’m ready for the challenge
Pros
Excellent pay and health insurance. Paid personal days, vacations and holidays. Flexibility in schedule. Growing company
Cons
Company match for 401k not great. No profit sharing
Not a fair company
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAAugust 4, 2018
The job started out great but over the years the culture changed as well as the benefits they offered were not available when the time came to utilize them.
Pros
Good commision
Cons
Short changed on the benefits advertised.
Fast paced and fun
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 30, 2018
It's fun and challenging, but not for everyone. Very competitive and aggressive. Numbers driven environment. Work every holiday and weekend. Pretty good benefits
Pros
Networking
Cons
work life balance
Fast paced
Porter (Former Employee) –  Brookshire, TXAugust 13, 2018
It was a great experience to see what a full time job would be and I enjoyed my time there. There was always something to do to make sure you were busy the most enjoyable part where the people there.
A day at Rooms To Go
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 13, 2018
As you start your morning, the Sup will come in with a meeting. I love the atmosphere and all my co worker, the pay was great my coworker were a better help then the managers.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Paul Lewis is a horrible manager
Secrets, Lies and intimidation
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 16, 2018
Upper management clueless as store management is lazy, avoiding any managerial duties at all cost. No support for sales people. Horrible culture. Never know where you stand. Recent lawsuit on protection plan makes it impossible to sell now. But still pressure none stop to get protection. Run as far away from this organization as you can. Liars
Pros
Cons
Management, company culture
Rooms to go provides a great workplace.
Senior General Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 26, 2018
As a General manager for Rooms to Go you have a chance to enhance the lives of many employees. The company has provided a great place to work and support your family. I would recommend to anyone wanting to build a good lifestyle in sales. The North Carolina market is growing every year. People don't understand the quality of life you can build selling furniture. The regional manager in the Raleigh market is the best I personally have ever worked for and partners with his teams in a way that every employee deserves to experience. Fred has brought a business acumen and a family culture that the entire company should model in my humble opinion.
Pros
Great work place and chance to make great living
Cons
Work/Life balance normal with retail career
very political
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 30, 2018
The decisions made by management was often questionable due to internal politics. Often times team members carried more than their fair share while others knew how to work the system for their own benefit.
Pros
get paid to get in shape
Cons
overall working environment
House man/ sales associate (Former Employee) –  Jensen Beach, FLJune 27, 2018
hade a great time staff was friendly and very motivated had varies chances of growth and new opppurtunities daily would reccomend it to anyone looking for a career
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLMarch 13, 2018
Wonderful experience, enjoyed my short time. Only left because of pressing family issue that needed immediate attention.
Owners friendly and very family oriented. Can't say enough good things about them.. Beautiful furniture, good quality.
Pros
Low pressure, very friendly management, decent money.
Cons
Occasionally grouchy coworkers.
Good productive work environment/good weekly pay
Tugger Operator (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 28, 2018
Good workplace culture but its hard to advance into better opportunities when management their own intentions. Meaning there's a bit of favoritism within company's employees.
Days at work
Recycle/Returns (Former Employee) –  Bartow, FLApril 16, 2018
competitive work daily.communication and teamwork is key to a great work environment.manager did a poor at feeling his role.work place was pretty good.teamwork getting things done faster while staying focus on the task
Normal Review
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJanuary 10, 2018
1- Early meeting, help customers, closing duties.
2. Learned a lot about furniture, bedding, sales, time management, repeat business, customer service, hard work, 401k, company benefits.
3. management is sometimes understaffed due to work load and amount of employees to manager ratio. management style is micro-managed.
4. workplace culture is fun
5. hardest part of job is the first 90 days.
6. most enjoyable part of the job is payday
Pros
money
Cons
no free lunches
Great team environment.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 27, 2018
Management was very helpful and there was a great team environment. Compensation was as promised. I enjoyed selling furniture. Worked every holiday weekend - open to close.
Pros
Very good job culture. Helpful team members.
Cons
Worked every holiday weekend - open to close.
Great pay
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 25, 2018
Great company to work for. It was 100% commission so it is very competitive and cut throat. The pay is great and there isn't a cap on your pay. You could go in on your days off if you desired. The only downside is that you make a good salary but can't enjoy it because you work you open to close, holidays and weekends, but you do get 2 days off during the week.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rooms To Go. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight