Rooms To Go Management reviews

Room To No
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJanuary 2, 2019
The environment started off rather well but over time it becomes a toxic work place where only those who brown nose are given any form of favoritism rather then those that actually work hard.
Amazing
Front office receptionist (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLDecember 14, 2018
I worked at Rooms To Go for the experiences and advancement in my resume. It's hard to find places that would hire young unexperienced student/young adults and allow them to learn. I had a great experience working at Rooms To Go for my short time there yet I learned amazing communication skills and had personal growth. The management and staff were very helpful and took their time to teach all of their employees the proper skills to succeed in the company.
Pros
Amazing staff and hires students
Cons
Great place to work , awesome upper management, local management lousy. Hours are hard because of the holidays all else is good. Very competetive
Sales and Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Seffner, FLDecember 6, 2018
Great place to work , awesome upper management, local management lousy. Hours are hard because of the holidays all else is good. Very competitive environment
This job will get you through a tough time
Forklift Technician (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLDecember 4, 2018
This job will get you through a tough time and that’s about it , it’s full of halfway managers who only enforce rules when the “boss man” is in the building . They will also pester you to do more work as if you’re not doing enough.
Pros
Pay, benifits
work
Sales (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 2, 2018
employees are constantly busy most of the days. Management needs to be more flexible and help more the employees but overall a good place to work with different locations
it was a pleasure
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 21, 2018
went to work in 1994 when they had just opened 2 years earlier great training for my future on a sales floor very upbeat fast floor caring manager and very responsive uper management
Pros
great income
Wonderful company
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Houston TexasNovember 4, 2018
Rooms to go is a good company that tries to take care of its people but sometimes management take things a little to far in terms of micromanaging employees when employee proformance while important doesn’t directly effect management. It’s 100% commission. If you don’t work out don’t eat so it shouldn’t matter how many breaks I take. It doesn’t effect you
Productive and fun place to work
Lift Operator (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLOctober 25, 2018
I would recommend working at rooms to go for anyone seeking a job that is competitive, fun, and pretty challenging at times. The pay could be better, but its not too bad.
Pros
good benefits, great staff
Cons
low pay, management is bad at times
Micromanagement and The Good Old Boys Club
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 27, 2018
Stay away from this company especially in South East Texas, the Regional VP plays favorites and if you're a woman don't bother. The male managers are paid more, get bigger bonuses and do what they want l, while the female managers maybe 5 at most fear for their jobs daily. Unfortunately the owner is blind to all of this hopefully he opens his eyes to see how horrible the South East Texas region is run and it's not all about the bottom line it's also about the employees that make it possible for the owner to have a company. The Regional VP leads by fear and title not by leading, and what's sad is he enjoys it, he feels empowered. Do yourself a favor stay away, 60 plus hours a week, 6 day work weeks and constantly looking over your shoulder wondering if it's your last day.
Cons
It wasn't my favorite job
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  North Houston, TXSeptember 26, 2018
I don't want to talk bad about RTG but I wouldn't work for the company again. There was no time to enjoy a family life and it was a cut throat store. ….
A Job
Shop Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 18, 2018
Rooms To Go is a friendly work environment that can be stressful at times. The staff is friendly but there are not enough people for the work load that they have and it stresses everyone out. Plus side to that is that there's a lot of Overtime to be made. Being apart of Management isn't all what it seems it should be. I believe Management is Definitely being taken advantage of. Thats Just My Opinion.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Attitudes, Body Aches
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 18, 2018
It is an great experience and I love working at Rooms To Go. Just have to tolerate some employees who really do not want to be there like I do. If everyone could come to work with a great and energetic attitude with the will power of wanting to work; we all can be #1 in every aspect.
Benefits
Cons
Lazy employees
Productive & great environment
Parts Representative (Current Employee) –  Brookshire, TXSeptember 9, 2018
Rooms To Go is a wonderful company to work for. Every job has good & bad days . There’s nothing I dislike about RTG. The hardest part of the job is the “Heat” in the summertime. Management is fair.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Short breaks
It was all in all what you made it.
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GASeptember 2, 2018
I very much appreciated my job and they loved me. Can be minor problems with climate control but it’s ok. Also the bonuses were very helpful and appreciated if someone lives in Suwanee I highly recommend working here.
Ok place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Seffner, FLAugust 26, 2018
Rooms To Go could be a great place to work if they were more consistent with their work ethics. Employees get bonuses by call volume rather than call quality. You can get more bonus money by taking more calls instead of taking care of the customer, a little backwards for my values.
Pros
Health care costs
Cons
Difference between managers
terrible supervisors
Office Assistant Rooms to Go (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 8, 2018
They had awful lack of training then blame for not knowing how to do something. Pay was pathetic. Very fast-past environment with irate customers alternating with periods with nothing to do. There were one or two good managers, but some terrible supervisors.
Pros
Cons
non supportive supervisors, low pay, poor use of time
Avoid working here
Outside Service Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 6, 2018
Terrible boss , terrible pay , not enough hours, lack of communications . this job will have you move mountains for them and is terribly understaffed.
Pros
Drive company van
Cons
Not enough hours, management is subpar, pay compared to ashley's furniture store is terrible.
horrible
Sr. Import Specialist, Brokerage (Former Employee) –  Seffner, FLAugust 1, 2018
worse place I ever worked. management is awful. Chooses victims on a weekly basis.. Stock piles errors for months and writes you up for errors you made and confessed to months later..
VERY busy workload and no recognition for your hard work. Raises are awful. they don't even match cost of living increases.. I would never go back there..
Pros
dont clock in /out for lunch
Cons
everything about the place.
great group of guys to work with and for
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAJuly 12, 2018
fun place to work. great supervisors and employees there to work along side of. friendly and safe work environment. management is flexible and understanding towards their associates.
Bad workplace
Wrapper and Loader (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJuly 1, 2018
The payrate is bad. The coworkers are lazy so, you have to do your work plus the coworker work. I don’t recomend the Rooms To Go Distribution Center..
Pros
They give bonus
Cons
The coworkers are lazy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rooms To Go. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight