Rooms To Go Management reviews

Productive and fun place to work
Lift Operator (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLOctober 25, 2018
I would recommend working at rooms to go for anyone seeking a job that is competitive, fun, and pretty challenging at times. The pay could be better, but its not too bad.
Pros
good benefits, great staff
Cons
low pay, management is bad at times
Micromanagement and The Good Old Boys Club
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 27, 2018
Stay away from this company especially in South East Texas, the Regional VP plays favorites and if you're a woman don't bother. The male managers are paid more, get bigger bonuses and do what they want l, while the female managers maybe 5 at most fear for their jobs daily. Unfortunately the owner is blind to all of this hopefully he opens his eyes to see how horrible the South East Texas region is run and it's not all about the bottom line it's also about the employees that make it possible for the owner to have a company. The Regional VP leads by fear and title not by leading, and what's sad is he enjoys it, he feels empowered. Do yourself a favor stay away, 60 plus hours a week, 6 day work weeks and constantly looking over your shoulder wondering if it's your last day.
Cons
It wasn't my favorite job
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  North Houston, TXSeptember 26, 2018
I don't want to talk bad about RTG but I wouldn't work for the company again. There was no time to enjoy a family life and it was a cut throat store. ….
A Job
Shop Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 18, 2018
Rooms To Go is a friendly work environment that can be stressful at times. The staff is friendly but there are not enough people for the work load that they have and it stresses everyone out. Plus side to that is that there's a lot of Overtime to be made. Being apart of Management isn't all what it seems it should be. I believe Management is Definitely being taken advantage of. Thats Just My Opinion.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Attitudes, Body Aches
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 18, 2018
It is an great experience and I love working at Rooms To Go. Just have to tolerate some employees who really do not want to be there like I do. If everyone could come to work with a great and energetic attitude with the will power of wanting to work; we all can be #1 in every aspect.
Benefits
Cons
Lazy employees
Productive & great environment
Parts Representative (Current Employee) –  Brookshire, TXSeptember 9, 2018
Rooms To Go is a wonderful company to work for. Every job has good & bad days . There’s nothing I dislike about RTG. The hardest part of the job is the “Heat” in the summertime. Management is fair.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Short breaks
It was all in all what you made it.
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GASeptember 2, 2018
I very much appreciated my job and they loved me. Can be minor problems with climate control but it’s ok. Also the bonuses were very helpful and appreciated if someone lives in Suwanee I highly recommend working here.
Great staff and great company overall
Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Brookshire, TXAugust 31, 2018
The company is very professional and handles employees with respect and dignity. Warehouse is maintained and managed properly. I worked there for 5 yrs with a flexible schedule, have several scheduling to best suit your life.
terrible supervisors
Office Assistant Rooms to Go (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 8, 2018
They had awful lack of training then blame for not knowing how to do something. Pay was pathetic. Very fast-past environment with irate customers alternating with periods with nothing to do. There were one or two good managers, but some terrible supervisors.
Pros
Cons
non supportive supervisors, low pay, poor use of time
Avoid working here
Outside Service Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 6, 2018
Terrible boss , terrible pay , not enough hours, lack of communications . this job will have you move mountains for them and is terribly understaffed.
Pros
Drive company van
Cons
Not enough hours, management is subpar, pay compared to ashley's furniture store is terrible.
horrible
Sr. Import Specialist, Brokerage (Former Employee) –  Seffner, FLAugust 1, 2018
worse place I ever worked. management is awful. Chooses victims on a weekly basis.. Stock piles errors for months and writes you up for errors you made and confessed to months later..
VERY busy workload and no recognition for your hard work. Raises are awful. they don't even match cost of living increases.. I would never go back there..
Pros
dont clock in /out for lunch
Cons
everything about the place.
May not be for you
Porter (Former Employee) –  Brookshire, TXJuly 23, 2018
If you are not interested in decorating or sales do not work on the showroom. I recommend working in the distribution centers. They are more friendly to employees in there.
Benefits
Cons
Unfriendly managers
great group of guys to work with and for
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAJuly 12, 2018
fun place to work. great supervisors and employees there to work along side of. friendly and safe work environment. management is flexible and understanding towards their associates.
Bad workplace
Wrapper and Loader (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJuly 1, 2018
The payrate is bad. The coworkers are lazy so, you have to do your work plus the coworker work. I don’t recomend the Rooms To Go Distribution Center..
Pros
They give bonus
Cons
The coworkers are lazy.
I enjoyed my job
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  United StatesJune 25, 2018
High pressure sales you must be reviewed monthly and maintain certain companies standards after three consecutive months if you don’t meet the standards you are fired very unprofessional managers with no knowledge of sales or how to treat employees
Pros
Good money
Cons
No job security
Friendly environment
Tugger Operator (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 21, 2018
Management is great and co-workers are friendly. The pay is decent starting off. There are many opportunities to advance within the company. Holiday pay is given also.
productive and fun environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXJune 18, 2018
Good co-workers
high end furniture with great prices and sales
good benefits
paid vacations
professional management
professional office staff
beautiful showrooms
teamwork, every one helps everyone
Customer Pick Up superviser (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJune 6, 2018
awesome family setting, upper management don't make u feel like there too good for you and just an all around place to feel like u matter to the company! no matter how hard things get someone has your back.
Pros
benefits, co workers
Cons
pay, hr department
good work place
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAMay 22, 2018
I liked working at rooms to go but what made me leave was the poor supervisor and management. I the work environment was good. Lots of friendly people.
Unprofessional and Irresponsible Management
Parts Associate (Current Employee) –  Dunn, NCMay 21, 2018
-Rooms to Go is cutting hours back on their employees. Most employees are working no more than 32 hours. In addition, management requested volunteers to go on one week's vacation without pay. Instead of cutting back on certain things, Rooms to Go is still continuing to hire more people. Why hire more people when you are cutting your current employees' hours?

-Rooms to Go does not enforce their policies on ALL employees. If you suck up to management or sleep with them, than the rules don't apply to you.

-Furniture is horrible quality and is just glorified Walmart furniture. Most of the furniture is made out of cardboard.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rooms To Go. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight