Roper St. Francis Healthcare Employee Reviews

Great company if your not looking for growth opportunities
CMA/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 7, 2018
Roper likes to say they are all for their teammates, which they are to a certain extent. Its hard to get promoted to certain positions. Its all about who you know. They like to make it seem like they plan fair, they have all these things in place to seem as if they do, but they dont. I've seen less qualified people in management positions, because its all about who you know.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
No growth opportunities
Great work environment.
Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 14, 2018
The staff are amazing and do their best to assist all members in success. They treat a both patients and members with the utmost respect. Great place to work.
RN (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 10, 2018
I have been with the organization over 14 years and have been fortunate to have many opportunities in different service lines, from in-patient care to research to leadership, and now supply chain.
Fast paced and friendly
Property Management Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Ladson Office ParkApril 30, 2018
The ability to managing multiple tasks and be organized is key to success here. It is very busy and much responsibility but you will be rewarded with the best team and a friendly work environment.
Pros
Quality of life, friendly coworkers
Cons
Forced PTO
The most important thing is to help the patients as good as you can
National Registered Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCApril 27, 2018
I love working with my doctor and the PA. My patients are for the most part super nice and easy to get along with. I always have a smile on my face and would never let the patients know something is going on in my life. The hardest thing is to get management to approve things like getting us help, ordering supplies, etc.
I'm well prepared for my clinic days and enjoy working with not only my patients but my co-workers as well.
Pros
Benefits, 401K
Enjoyable Place to Work
Practice Manager III (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCApril 10, 2018
Management is team oriented and helpful in all situations. Changes are part of the healthcare industry, and more transparency in certain situations recommended. Overall great place to work .
Pros
Voice
Cons
Acquired practices maintain low level performers
Absolute worst
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  RoperMarch 21, 2018
If I could Take back those years I wasted working for this company I would , but you live you learn. Lack of advancement, poor management, constant confusion and headaches is what you’ll get working for Roper. I hated My time there
Pros
Cons
No room for advancement, constant lies from upper management
It used to be a fun place to work but with staffing issues, it has become stressful for me.
RN (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCMarch 6, 2018
I have been employed at RSFH for 11 years. Began on day shift and then switched to nights. Three 12 hour shifts per week. A lot of changes have come about in the Roper Rehabilitation Hospital which is my unit. It is time for me to change jobs.
Pros
Co-workers, 401K, benefits
Cons
Staff shortage and more patients per RN
Management very poor and lacks desernment. Has favorites and non professional in their judgement.
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SC HospiceFebruary 28, 2018
Roper Hospice is a terrible atmosphere! Very unprofessional management lacking good judgement! Office full of gossip and backstabbing staff.
Poor orientation and they push staff to see more patients than is possible per day!
Management has no real idea of what they are doing.
No real leadership and no encouragement to build a team.
Several very negative staff members that seem to have the ear of management. Squeaky wheel gets the grease!
Not sure why! Entire department is in jeparady of leaving.
Running off the good staff by listening to the trouble makers.
Why some of them want to work in hospice is unbelievable to me! These people are certainly not caring people!
I will be out of here soon! Just not soon enough!
Pros
Great patients
Cons
All I have listed! The place sucks!
Relaxed employment
Vascular Technologist II (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 18, 2018
I have enjoyed working with Roper St. Francis Healthcare. I have had a successful career here and have improved my vascular knowledge and experience. Due to Family situations, I am currently seeking placement near my family.

I now work in a relaxed environment, meaning no longer work directly under a vascular surgeon in a clinical setting. The hardest part of my job is travelling to and fro. The most enjoyable is the satisfaction of knowing my patients are taken care of.
Pros
work with good people
Cons
no free or discounted lunches, hours, locations, travel.
Found that after 10 year a bulling and unpleasant place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCDecember 28, 2017
I found after ten year employment I was pushed out do to my disability.I was pushed out of my office job to work on a floor. Surgical unit. Once there I was bullied by the staff and management to the point that it was impacting my health and had to quit.
Pros
insurence
Cons
Its a large corporation and employees do not have a voice even when there rights are violated
very good place to work
COTA/L (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCNovember 8, 2017
Excellent department to work in. Great staff with good communication among team mates and great camaraderie with acute care team of Pt, OT, and ST. Excellent benefits....except the recent discontinuation of employee discount for cafeteria purchases.
Pros
great benefit package, great co-workers
Excellent Benefits and Opportunities
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCOctober 19, 2017
I have been able to complete my masters because of the scholarships and tuition reimbursement offered by Roper St. Francis Healthcare. They allow you to continue the pursuit of higher degrees while working.
Pros
Opportunity to purse higher education
Cons
Limited opportunity for grown within the company
Typical workplace, long hours, little pay
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Ladson, SCAugust 18, 2017
Low morale, unfortunately discourage some really great people from performing to their potential. Management is a top issue, micro managing is excessive. Great coworkers. The only way to get equal wages is to leave. New hires with little to no experience make more than people who have been with the company for years. Although the company encourages growth and receiving a higher education, some supervisor's would not allow it, it will hurt their budget and scheduling. If you want to transfer, pray your current supervisor doesn't have a chip on their shoulder and blocks your transfer.
Pros
Benefits, 401k
Cons
30 min lunches while working 12hr shifts, no other breaks, low Pay, no opportunity for advancements in certain positions
Excellent Team
MRI Technologist (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 6, 2017
My manager and teammates were awesome and very helpful. We were adequately staffed and low stress. I wish I could've stayed with them, but at the time, I could not get more hours to sustain my living and I was only part-time.
Rsfh
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 24, 2017
Overall excellent nursing management and nurse leaders. Shared governance is an important part of nursing culture. Good teamwork will all coworkers.
fast growing system
Staff Technologist (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 13, 2017
Fast paced Department that is growing system-wise in an increasingly competitive environment. Good benefits at a moderate cost. Expansion is the order of the day.
climate is ok
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 8, 2017
climate is ok...management is unprofessional and definitely plays favorites...training has been lacking...doesn't seem to be much advancement opportunities.
Great atmosphere and staff, cooperative team
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 5, 2017
Worked with patients on a daily basis in the Rehab Department to ensure safe and effective recoveryon all levels. Treated a variety of diagnoses which involved physical, cognitive and emotional aspects. Maintain education on new treatments and research. Opening first splinting unit in the hospital on my own, researched materials, orthotics and kept communication with directors and accountants for budget and progress in this area. Documented treatment daily and met with medical team daily to discuss progress of all patients.
Pros
workshops, lunches, full benefits, great coworkers
Cons
stressful at times, took work home with me at times
Wonderful
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SCJune 6, 2017
Enjoyed going to work, Patient centered, Believes on education and helping employees advance, Fair compensation with all kinds of benefits to choose from.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Roper St. Francis Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Roper St. Francis Healthcare Reviews by Location