Roper St. Francis Healthcare Employee Reviews

Fun place to learn and grow in your cary
Lead Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 21, 2019
Very great place to work! I work with a great team! The Nurse manager is a great leader! The culture at Roper is changing for the better and I am glad to be a part of that change!
It was disappointing
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 17, 2019
I always wanted to work for Roper and because of that I started off my first few months highly optimistic. Unfortunately it's like most organizations that sacrifice patient care due to costs. Very unorganized in a lot of its processes. They have a lot of good ideas for helping the community but have difficulty implementing a lot of the ideas. They bite off more than they can chew all the time spending and they waste resources that could have went elsewhere. It's so confusing now, a lot of healthcare facilities partner with outside facilities so that they can use the Roper name and their not really apart of Roper. It confuses patients. It takes a long time for errors to improve. Raises are laughable. Healthcare benefits are the same expense as other companies, so no real advantage. They only offer CEs for Nursing and Physician staff but no one else. You have to use PTO for everything, even hoildays.
Pros
Good doctors, co-workers, and love patients.
Cons
compensation, average benefits, and overused PTO.
Excellent
Coding Technician (Accounts Receivable) (Current Employee) –  Ladson, SCJune 16, 2019
I have been blessed to have had the opportunity to work and grow with RSFH. I would not ever consider leaving, however at this time my spouse has relocated with his position and I am looking to join him in ND.
Clinical Manager, Roper LifeLink (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 14, 2019
managers were respected by administration for their knowledge and expertise. able to work autonomous in the day to day activities. Hardest part of job was disciplinary actions against employees.
great place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 10, 2019
I worked for Roper for over 25 years. I was able to get a flexible schedule any time my scheduling needs changed. They are growth oriented and believe in education.
Busy, frequently micro managed
Home Health Liaison (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 5, 2019
Overall a good experience and culture. Communication could be improved and systems updated to keep pace, with how fast healthcare industry changes. Co workers are pleasant and dedicated.
Roper St. Francis
Front Office Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 2, 2019
Roper St Francis as a whole is a decent place to work. Unfortunately the Office Manager that I worked for was not good. She has her favorites and gives everyone else more work to do. The office has low morale and has a high turn over rate because of her.
Pros
Medical benefits are great and so are the patients are great.
Cons
Office manager is horrible and she is friends with her boss so she is not going anywhere.
It was a fun place
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE & DATA ENTRY (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 18, 2019
Working there was like working at any other job and balancing my life. I balance my life just fine. I learned a whole lot and made life long friends that I laughed with on the job and to this day.
Pros
Sushi on Friday
Cons
Not many choices for a to go eat lunch in an hour.
Easy/relaxed job, low pay, lazy management, positive co-workers
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 15, 2019
As a Switchboard Operator, the position is slow-paced, however can be difficult at times when changes are made without informing the change. Management is lazy! Other departments can be demanding. The other Operators are super helpful. Starting pay is $13-$14 an hour.
Pros
Easy job, quiet environment
Cons
low pay
Practice Manager
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 15, 2019
As with any organization there are pros and cons. There has been quite a bit of leader turnover and reorganization within the system. Some has been for the better, but most has not been.
Cool place to work
Vascular Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCMarch 23, 2019
I work alone on some days. Usually moderately busy. Sometimes the hardest part is being alone with no one to share advice with. Otherwise, laid back and enjoy what I do.
Pros
Easy going Supervisor
Cons
Being alone alot
great hospital system
Staff Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCFebruary 25, 2019
Very ethical hospital system to work for. The patients come first. Driving territories were large for occupational therapists especially when overstaffed. Great co-workers.
I Love working at Roper Mount Pleasant..
Certified Surgical First Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SCJanuary 31, 2019
Roper has been my favorite place to work over the last 10years in healthcare all I can say is all of the employee's that I've met truly care about what they do and there patients.. I have nothing bad to say about Mount Pleasant Roper they are compassionate highly educated professional's from the CEO to the house keeper and everyone in between..
The company is better for nurses
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 20, 2019
It's a good organization for nurses. But for PCT it's hard because we are over worked and under paid. Some nurses abuse the PCT. I will give 3 stars to this organization
Pros
Flex schedule
Cons
Pay could improve
PRESERVICES REP (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 14, 2019
Roper St Francis is a great place to work. The pay is great and the atmosphere is great. Management needs improvement but it is a good place to make a career
Great job
Certified Medical Assistant Lead (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCDecember 30, 2018
I love working at Roper and I also love the diversity within the company. This is great company that prides itself on continual growth and learning opportunities
Pros
3 day work week
Great company
Call center Operator (Current Employee) –  Ladson, SCDecember 18, 2018
Overall, this is a great place to work. Once you find your strengths, you are always encouraged to apply for other positions in the organization for growth.
A great hospital
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCNovember 17, 2018
St Francis is very tight knit. Everyone gets to know everyone else and there’s a lot of teamwork involved to care for patients. I never had an issue during my time there.
Not worth it
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCNovember 12, 2018
This is the healthcare system that looks good on the outside but is very ugly on the inside. All about money. Management is horrendous!!! Employee complaints go unnoticed.
Used to be a good place to work but greed overtook the culture of the organization
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  RoperNovember 5, 2018
RSFH has changed so much in the 15 years that I have worked there. Money became the priority not people. I work my way all the way up from a nursing assistant to the nursing supervisor with many compliments on my care and work ethic yeah it was abruptly terminated without any proof of wrong doing.
Pros
Money
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Roper St. Francis Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Roper St. Francis Healthcare Reviews by Location