Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science

Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science Employee Reviews

As a student its great
Don't know why I have to fill this out...but yea. From a student's perspective this was a great place to be. I'm just going to keep writing so I get to 150 characters.
Don't.
Seriously, don't. You will be micromanaged, lied to, gaslighted, discriminated against and demeaned, and as a reward you'll be paid poorly and given raises that do not even approach the level of inflation.
poor training for management
I loved my job until I was assigned a new manager who sucked all the joy and happiness out of my work life. Therefore, where a person works at Rosalind Franklin will greatly influence their opinion of the place.
Pros
free lectures
Cons
poor management training
Ok
- Managaement
-OK work culture

- Training

- Work balance

- Enjoyable

- Indicators of work balance team monthly

- Communication

- team based approach all the way
It was good
I worked with fine people

The work was great but the students were a bit privileged

they are in the process of finding a new president and ceo.

there are in the process of building
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Great experience
I really enjoyed working here. They have more a family atmosphere, smaller community. Great work environment but they sometimes seem to be a bit behind technically. When I was there we were still doing work orders on a typewriter in some departments. There is also not a lot of collaboration or streamlining. The learning experience was in overcoming those gaps and finding other creative ways to work around it.
Pros
Family atmosphere, great cafeteria
Normal academic research center that is a great culture to work in. Added bonus of additional holidays off according to national holidays where the University is closed.
Excellent work experience.
This is an extremely satisfying place to work, Rosalind Franklin is a medical school. There are many cultural opportunities provided by and for a diverse student population. Students and employees take the schools mission seriously and strive for the best possible outcomes.
Pros
Satisfying work
Cons
Some political barriers
Small school with a good graduate program
The graduate program at RFUMS was a good program. The researchers at RFUMS were able to be consistently funded. The administration listened any concerns that the students may have had and did there best to address any problems.
Productive Workplace
The hardest part of the job, is when I deal with crisis calls. I learned to adapt to many situations.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when I'm able to help families with medication approvals.
great
I did an internship at Rosalind Franklin and i got to see what it's like for the students there. It's intense! Teachers are great! I had a great time the summers i spent there.
Medical School
This is a multi-school which includes a medical school that has students attending from all over the world. The culture is exceptional. They teach an average of 200+ students per class per year.
Pros
The students
Cons
Room for advancement
Not the best work place
RFMSU has a culture of nepotism. Much of the leadership hires family members. I have been here 2 years and in that time I have witnessed at least 5 key members of high leadership leave. The management changes have caused chaos. The instability has caused me to change positions (not by choice) 3 times and I have worked in 3 different offices this year.
Pros
We get holiday off
Cons
Very hard to grow with this comapany
Rosalind Franklin University is a great work place that provides with you with several opportunities for community engagement and career advancement
RFU is a small biomedical sciences university. Faculty provide individual attention to students and the management works in the genuine interest of employees- both faculty and staff.
Rosalind Franklin University is a great place to work. They see the inherent potential of people and help to utilize that potential to the fullest.
Rated as one of Chicago's Best Work Places-Lives up to the Award!
The climate is primarily friendly with a learning, supportive atmosphere. Some managers are better than others and one's future depends on your direct supervisor. Benefits are great. Jobs very tremendously depending on program, college, position, etc. There are always opportunities to learn and there is an excitement dealing with students on a daily basis.
Pros
All federal holidays off, academic schedule
Cons
Quarterly schedule creates peaks and valleys, sometimes politics difficult to work through
Great people and working environment
I oversee the Graphic Design, Photography and Multmedia departments. Together the three areas cater to all the creative needs of the University ranging from Marketing efforts to Museum exhibits.
Cons
The location isn't ideal.
Financial & Clinical Management
Current program administratorfor the electronic health records. Managed / support all techinical issues, updates and training. Counselor for Repoductive Medicine and Clinical Immunolgy Lab. Client, patient and insurance billing/collection.

Daily autits, deposits, and reporting of all financials
Pros
Great Client and paient relations
Cons
Long work hours
A diverse environment
RFUMS is a very comfortable place to work. It's easy for it to feel like your home away from home.

Made the Chicago Tribune 2012 list of local companies that workers credited with having dynamic, supportive and inclusive cultures.
Professional and academic atmosphere
A typical day involved running tests and assays on various strains of E. coli bacteria cells. I learned a lot about data collection and a few procedural skills that I had been previously unfamiliar with. It was a very autonomous job that required a lot of multi-tasking and effective self-management. Overall it was an enjoyable experience
Enjoyable interactions with students but stressful work environment
Typical day included: various responsibilities each day which included some or all of the following; much personalized interaction with students (in person/phone/email) as well as parents and other University departments. Maintaining spreadsheets that ensured timely and accurate processing of insurance benefits. Assisted students and parents in resolving student account issues. Maintenance of accurate student accounts and providing timely billing. Posting payments to accounts. Maintaining collection accounts. Department website maintenance. Department forms and documents creation. Assisting department personnel with software and hardware issues/questions.
Pros
Very busy all the time = fast workday, helpful to others (important to me)
Cons
Frequent additional time-consuming responsibilities added, Difficult people in department. Unrealistic expectations from management.