Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science Employee Reviews

poor training for management
Director for Training and Educational Programs (Current Employee) –  North Chicago, ILMarch 17, 2019
I loved my job until I was assigned a new manager who sucked all the joy and happiness out of my work life. Therefore, where a person works at Rosalind Franklin will greatly influence their opinion of the place.
Pros
free lectures
Cons
poor management training
Ok
Intern (Former Employee) –  North Chicago, ILMarch 11, 2019
- Managaement
-OK work culture
- Training
- Work balance
- Enjoyable
- Indicators of work balance team monthly
- Communication
- team based approach all the way
Great experience
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 9, 2019
I really enjoyed working here. They have more a family atmosphere, smaller community. Great work environment but they sometimes seem to be a bit behind technically. When I was there we were still doing work orders on a typewriter in some departments. There is also not a lot of collaboration or streamlining. The learning experience was in overcoming those gaps and finding other creative ways to work around it.
Pros
Family atmosphere, great cafeteria
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  North Chicago, ILNovember 20, 2018
Normal academic research center that is a great culture to work in. Added bonus of additional holidays off according to national holidays where the University is closed.
Excellent work experience.
Executive Director, Human Resources (Former Employee) –  North Chicago, ILAugust 4, 2018
This is an extremely satisfying place to work, Rosalind Franklin is a medical school. There are many cultural opportunities provided by and for a diverse student population. Students and employees take the schools mission seriously and strive for the best possible outcomes.
Pros
Satisfying work
Cons
Some political barriers
Small school with a good graduate program
Graduate Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  North Chicago, ILJuly 26, 2018
The graduate program at RFUMS was a good program. The researchers at RFUMS were able to be consistently funded. The administration listened any concerns that the students may have had and did there best to address any problems.
Productive Workplace
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Chicago, ILMay 5, 2018
The hardest part of the job, is when I deal with crisis calls. I learned to adapt to many situations.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when I'm able to help families with medication approvals.
great
Internship- research assistant (Former Employee) –  North Chicago, ILMarch 26, 2018
I did an internship at Rosalind Franklin and i got to see what it's like for the students there. It's intense! Teachers are great! I had a great time the summers i spent there.
Medical School
Undergraduate Medical Education Coordinator (Former Employee) –  North Chicago, ILJune 15, 2017
This is a multi-school which includes a medical school that has students attending from all over the world. The culture is exceptional. They teach an average of 200+ students per class per year.
Pros
The students
Cons
Room for advancement
Not the best work place
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Chicago, ILJune 29, 2016
RFMSU has a culture of nepotism. Much of the leadership hires family members. I have been here 2 years and in that time I have witnessed at least 5 key members of high leadership leave. The management changes have caused chaos. The instability has caused me to change positions (not by choice) 3 times and I have worked in 3 different offices this year.
Pros
We get holiday off
Cons
Very hard to grow with this comapany
Rosalind Franklin University is a great work place that provides with you with several opportunities for community engagement and career advancement
PhD Researcher (Current Employee) –  North Chicago, ILJanuary 20, 2016
RFU is a small biomedical sciences university. Faculty provide individual attention to students and the management works in the genuine interest of employees- both faculty and staff.
Intern (Current Employee) –  North Chicago, ILNovember 12, 2015
Rosalind Franklin University is a great place to work. They see the inherent potential of people and help to utilize that potential to the fullest.
Rated as one of Chicago's Best Work Places-Lives up to the Award!
Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Chicago, ILJune 22, 2015
The climate is primarily friendly with a learning, supportive atmosphere. Some managers are better than others and one's future depends on your direct supervisor. Benefits are great. Jobs very tremendously depending on program, college, position, etc. There are always opportunities to learn and there is an excitement dealing with students on a daily basis.
Pros
All federal holidays off, academic schedule
Cons
Quarterly schedule creates peaks and valleys, sometimes politics difficult to work through
Great people and working environment
Art Director (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 23, 2015
I oversee the Graphic Design, Photography and Multmedia departments. Together the three areas cater to all the creative needs of the University ranging from Marketing efforts to Museum exhibits.
Cons
The location isn't ideal.
Financial & Clinical Management
Financial Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  North Chicago, ILApril 4, 2014
Current program administratorfor the electronic health records. Managed / support all techinical issues, updates and training. Counselor for Repoductive Medicine and Clinical Immunolgy Lab. Client, patient and insurance billing/collection.

Daily autits, deposits, and reporting of all financials
Pros
Great Client and paient relations
Cons
Long work hours
A diverse environment
Editorial Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Chicago, ILFebruary 11, 2014
RFUMS is a very comfortable place to work. It's easy for it to feel like your home away from home.

Made the Chicago Tribune 2012 list of local companies that workers credited with having dynamic, supportive and inclusive cultures.
Professional and academic atmosphere
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Chicago, ILOctober 22, 2013
A typical day involved running tests and assays on various strains of E. coli bacteria cells. I learned a lot about data collection and a few procedural skills that I had been previously unfamiliar with. It was a very autonomous job that required a lot of multi-tasking and effective self-management. Overall it was an enjoyable experience
Enjoyable interactions with students but stressful work environment
Student Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  North Chicago, ILMay 23, 2013
Typical day included: various responsibilities each day which included some or all of the following; much personalized interaction with students (in person/phone/email) as well as parents and other University departments. Maintaining spreadsheets that ensured timely and accurate processing of insurance benefits. Assisted students and parents in resolving student account issues. Maintenance of accurate student accounts and providing timely billing. Posting payments to accounts. Maintaining collection accounts. Department website maintenance. Department forms and documents creation. Assisting department personnel with software and hardware issues/questions.
Pros
Very busy all the time = fast workday, helpful to others (important to me)
Cons
Frequent additional time-consuming responsibilities added, Difficult people in department. Unrealistic expectations from management.
Review
Research Technician (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 9, 2012
The company offered the opportunity to employ my skills as an electron microscopist and small animal surgeon in neuroscience research. I could not however afford to live independently on the
salary received.