Roscoe Properties Employee Reviews

2.7
Ratings breakdown
not a good place to work
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 14, 2018
horrible company with horrible people! Management totally lacks ethics and is very discriminatory. very difficult to advance and the pay is awful. I would rather work for ANY other property management company than this place.
Pros
Cons
pay, hours, people, discrimination
Austin Employee
Corporate employee (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 13, 2018
Roscoe is growing and there are opportunities for advancement for those that are willing to work hard and want to grow with the company. The executives are trying to improve the culture by adding employee events and programs that benefits the employees. We're all trying to make this a better work environment. I like coming to work each day because of the people I work with.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No paid maternity leave
Great Company
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 13, 2018
Roscoe is a growing at a rapid pace. They are Austin based and have ventured into multiple new markets in the past year. The work environment can be stressful but you are not in it alone. Everyone seems to collaborate well with each other to bounce off ideas and get the job done. There is a lot of teamwork and support from your peers and managers.
Exciting Opportunities for Growth and Advancement
Corporate (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 12, 2018
I've been with Roscoe for several years and have witnessed a lot of growth and change. The company has added structure to existing policies and procedures, added entirely new departments, and has moved into different states. With all of this change, there have been some growing pains but ultimately it has always remained a positive employment experience in which I've been able to learn so much in my field as well as have witnessed the growth and advancement of my co-workers. Though not perfect, the executive team truly cares about the employees and does strive to make improvements as a company. They did a company wide survey, added a wellness program, have set up an inbox asking for feedback, and have started to take steps to improve the company culture.
Pros
exciting atmosphere, every day is different, great team work
Cons
change is hard but ultimately it has led to better things for employees
A great place to learn and grow
Accounting (Current Employee) –  CorporateJune 12, 2018
Roscoe can be challenging but is worth it because I have learned so much in the year that I have been here. My team is great and it feels like a small family. I think the PTO accrual could be more competitive for new hires but once you are here for 5 years it is unlimited. Not to many places offer that. The one thing I don't like is the office hours and lack of flexibility. I would recommend for this to be looked at.
Pros
The people are great. HR is always so helpful and professional.
Cons
Work hours and not allowed to work from home
High Turnover for a reason
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 6, 2018
Owners focus on making money and not about employees. No company culture, leadership picks favorites and people are not held accountable for unethical and unprofessional behavior. Extremely high turnover and they are not afraid to fire people. Benefits were good but compensations were not competitive unless they are very desperate to hire someone then they will overpay you or offer you raises so you won't want to or can't leave the company. Very toxic environment.
Best advice: stay away!!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 20, 2018
The CEO is so far removed that he has his VP running his company WHO CAME FROM REALPAGE, LOL.. enough said!!! And he has never worked a day in his life at a property.

The company promotes people who are not properly trained so you have people at corporate and on-site that don't have a clue what they are doing.

If you want to work for a company with ZERO structure this is the place for you.

For example, imagine running your property with no policies or procedures.. you do something wrong, and then you get in trouble for it even though there was no policy??

The company will send out random e-mails like twice a week with new policies all the time
Pros
There are none. Stay AWAY!
Cons
Nobody knows what they are doing.
Great Experience Working at Roscoe!!
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 5, 2018
I've been with Roscoe for about 6 months now and my recommendation is that you just have work diligently everyday towards your goals. I can't speak for the current/past employees who've had bad experiences but I can say that every company has its issues and no job is perfect. I've had a really good experience with Roscoe and can't wait to see what the future holds.
Pros
Compensation/Benefits, Training/Education, Corporate Support, Excellent Property Staff
Cons
IT issues
New corporate team is running Roscoe further into the ground
None (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 25, 2018
By far, the worst management company to work for. Unethical, impractical, deceptive and inconsiderate towards residents and employees. Roscoe has landed themselves in many compromising legal issues and other city code compliance issues due to their lack of communication and business ethic. With that being said, Roscoe is a subpar company to use as a stepping stone to further your career elsewhere with a company that truly cares for their residents and employees, alike.
Pros
Detailed employee handbook
Cons
Poor communication, unethical, cut throat, favoritism, deceptive
Exciting Company
Corporate Employee (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 24, 2018
HR and others have been rolling out new initiatives that are helping improve the culture and make employees feel valued. We have a new wellness plan, group volunteer opportunities, and more. Growth is always challenging, but I am excited about the great new team members we have in place and the future of the company.
Roscoe Management
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 17, 2018
Roscoe was successful because it was run by a very competitive team. The company has growth a lot and most of their superstars employees had left. If you have experience and like challenges Roscoe is a great place to learn and to move up. I will don't recommend Roscoe to someone new on property management or real state. Even so they have a good training team, you couldn't have the time to learn because most of their jobs are very fast paced. Have in mind most of their communities are under construction or new take overs.
Pros
From Austin, offer benefits, organized system.
Cons
A lot of favoritism from Corporate to certain employees. You cannot choose your employees.
Awful!
Corporate (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 30, 2018
I have very little good things to say about this company. They sacrifice the good aspects to grow quickly. They dont care about their employees but expect you to give up everything for the company.
April 19, 2018

I sincerely apologize for experience you had. Please contact your manager or HR so we can discuss this in more detail.

Stay as far away as possible!
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 5, 2018
This company is a wreck, from their crummy pay, to their lack of knowledge in the field. They don't know how to do anything in property management. They are horrible, and the people that own their properties are done with them too...they are losing employees and investments. They don't know how to manage people, and if they need to pull a hail mary they'll put all the blame on the onsite staff.
Pros
can't think of any.
Cons
bad healthcare, bad company culture, higher ups are corrupt, pay is not comparable
April 19, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. Our employees are our greatest asset, and reinvesting in them is a priority for the company. We’re always looking for new ways to improve while still growing our company, and we’ll certainly take your suggestions into consideration. If you'd like to further discuss your experience, we are always available at (512) 480-9886.

Reputation Is True!!
PM (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 15, 2018
I was very hesitant going to work for Roscoe and now I know why. They have the wrong people in the wrong positions and do not know how to manage their properties. There are no defined expectations so everyone I knew in the company was ultimately failing because of lack of focus, knowledge and support.
Pros
Opportunities
Cons
Gossip
April 19, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to leave this review, and are extremely disappointed to hear that you did not have a positive experience at Roscoe.

Do not apply here!
Maintenance Supervisor/Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 26, 2018
Unbelievably high employee turnover. Upper management is disconnected with reality. If there is a bad way to do it in this industry - that"s how Roscoe does it.
Pros
Some of the onsite people are awesome
Cons
If there is a bad way to do it in this industry - that"s how Roscoe does it.
April 19, 2018

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback. We are so sorry to hear about some of the concerns mentioned in your review. As a company, we’re committed to attaining the highest levels of performance, but another one of our core values is to provide an atmosphere of respect and trust by treating each person as we would like to be treated, so it's disappointing to hear that’s not the environment you experienced. We take all feedback to heart, so please know that your comments have been shared, and we will be working hard to continue to improve our team. If at anytime you'd be willing to discuss your experience further over the phone, please reach out to us directly at (512) 480-9886. Thank you again for your review.

Stressful
Leasing Agent (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 22, 2018
When I began my 1st year as a leasing consultant I attended a couple of training classes that made me feel a little more comfortable with the new position. Once I got onsite everything was thrown out the window. I was told to "lease! lease! lease!" I was not taught to do anything else until I was transferred to another property and drowning until I figure out what to do. The regional and corporate side don't care about the agents out in the field. I had some amazing co-workers and made some good friendships but nothing to rave about.
Pros
the hours are good
Cons
everything else
Horrible place to work run run run while you can
Corporate Accountant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 8, 2017
Firing people left and right for no reason. Too much demand and too many tasks for each employee, low pay. Management LIES and is in constant CHAOS ..
Pros
none best thing you can do is find another job
April 19, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to leave this review, and we’re disappointed to hear of your negative experience during your time with ROSCOE. Our employees ARE our company, and we try to implement policies and procedures that reflect their immense value. As we move forward, we’ll use your feedback to continue to improve. If you'd like to speak further about your experience and specific concerns, we are always available at (512) 480-9886

Fast paced job
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 7, 2017
The opportunity to make great money is there. There is a lot to learn if you are new to the field. Management is good for the most part but often very busy.
Pros
1 hour for lunch, commission
Cons
working on the weekends
April 19, 2018

Thank you so much for sharing your positive review and kind words about Roscoe's motivating work environment. We are so happy to have you as a part of our dynamic team!

Great Training!
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 30, 2017
Love and miss the people I worked with! Want to go back! Don’t listen to all the small talk about them. You have to try it for yourself just to say that you did it!
Pros
No micromanagement
Cons
Lots of movement
April 19, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to leave this review! We are glad that you enjoyed our training. Every review helps us improve as a company, so thanks again for talking about your experience

Run from Roscoe
Leasing (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 29, 2017
Very poor management across the board. It's seems perhaps they are getting to big too soon and they will hire anyone to fill management roles. The culture equates to a high school cafeteria. I would run if I were you.
April 19, 2018

Thank you for leaving this review and letting us know about your time at Roscoe.With regards to your concerns, we’d just like to say that our executives do their best to improve. If you'd be willing, we'd love the opportunity to further discuss your experience and concerns and can be reached directly at (512) 480-9886. We hope to hear from you!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Roscoe Properties. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.7InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

4.8Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight