ROSE PEST SOLUTIONS Employee Reviews

4.4
Ratings breakdown
Stressful at times but good money to be made.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Northfield, ILApril 13, 2018
During the spring, summer, and fall months it’s incredibly busy. Stressful mostly due to demanding customers. Sometimes poorly managed but in general a fair work environment.
Pros
You’ll never have pest issues in your own home
Cons
A lot of time spent driving
Excellent Company Culture and Advancement Opportunities
Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  West Chester, OHFebruary 22, 2018
Rose Pest Solutions is a family-owned business with an excellent company culture. An emphasis is placed on quality service. There is plenty of opportunity for advancement and pay increase. It can be challenging work, but rewarding for those who are up for it. Technicians typically make around $45k+/yr. after the first year. The pay goes up for those who work hard and smart.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Poor Training
Licensed Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Westchester, OHFebruary 4, 2018
I was very excited to come work for the company. It started out great and I was able to get my Ohio State certificate for The CORE COMMERCIAL APPLICATION VERTABRA TERMITE AND am Licensed to apply pesticides in the states of Ohio Kentucky and Indiana. I WAS doing well with the company. I met the IVES family in Troy Michigan and they treated me like one of the family,but Training was poor in the Cincinnati Ohio office and they assigned me to some very important Signature Services for Copasan accts. I didn't have the right training needed to do the computer part if the job. I know what I had to do as far as Application of pesticides and Intregated PEST Management. At the end of the day I fell ill with the flu and I had only been employed for about 14 WEEKS and they let me go because of substandard work. However I think that if the owners of the company would have been involved with me personally I would still be employed. Was very disappointed. This was not just a job it was a career move for me.
Pros
Great Family Owners in Michigan
Cons
Very poor Management in Cincinnati Ohio
Everyday is a new adventure
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 31, 2018
The days are typically very busy. It does slow down in the winter. You get to take the work truck home. The supervisors and manager at this office are beyond fantastic, they truly care about you. They encourage hard work, but don't want anyone getting burned out. The hardest part is just managing everything that keeps coming at you in the warm months. You're always seeing/dealing with new things here and get to work outside. It's not a boring job, for sure. The amount of work you can do here (and get paid for) is endless.
Pros
take truck home, good benefits
Cons
minimal
Rose Pest Solutions, a family business
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Troy, MINovember 17, 2017
Having worked for Rose Pest Solutions for 39 years mainly in the Oakland County area, I can say I am proud to be part of this company and its philosophy. Employees are treated with respect and trained to give the best service possible to our clients.
Pros
Healthcare, 401k, bonuses (money, days off)
Very friendly management and fun environment
Technician (Former Employee) –  Racine, WINovember 8, 2017
Generally the normal day at Rose would consist of a cup of coffee in the morning, going over our production numbers in sales and a company as a whole, and also thanking everyone for being there by giving a little good bye right before we technicians head out for the day to finish our routes.
Hard work, good pay, kind of worth it
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 16, 2017
So, the job is pretty easy to do, especially once you get on the road and are doing the work first hand. Depending on what you are doing and if/who you are working with and for, the job is relatively easy as well. The hardest part of the job is being on-call, which could mean you have to go out at 2 in the morning to take care of a problem that may not actually be there.
Pros
Great Pay, good benefits
Cons
Management (lack of)
It sucked
Technician (Former Employee) –  Steubenville, OHJune 5, 2017
I didn't really get along with my boss because he was a relative, never was able to please him, money & benefits were good but boss worker relationship wasn't
Benefits
Cons
Long & early hours
Enduring and satisfactory
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Grandville, MIFebruary 25, 2016
Assisted with fumigators in sealing, assembling and disassembling equipment necessary in order to contain the fumigate gas within the semi trailers. Each day was long, enduring and stressful, but gained great teamwork and time management skills from this job.
great company
commercial integrated pest control consultant (Former Employee) –  clinton twp miJune 2, 2015
really liked working for rose prospecting was really hard
fair people to deal with not having a proper prospecting
program in place the soar method fell short
A Great 20 Years
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIMarch 9, 2015
I walked in with my resume and the lady in HR took time with me on the spot for an interview. I was start my day at 7:00 am and leave at 4:30 pm, giving me plenty of time to be with friends and family. I learned how to create Excel spreadsheets, make reservations for over 300+ people, took care of about 280 vehicles for any drivers needs (gas cards, insurance/claims, etc.) as well as other responsibilities that I was handed to take care of during my time. I enjoyed my job so where I didn't even realize I had been handling tasks that to some might have been more complicated, and even under pressure and last minute changes, I was able to get it all done.
Pros
paid lunches, relaxed atmosphere, closely knit
Cons
lack of pension
Great people, wonderful product.
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Whitehouse, OHDecember 4, 2012
Extensive training, good managers and the best / hardest job, I have ever had.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ROSE PEST SOLUTIONS. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight