ROSE PEST SOLUTIONS

ROSE PEST SOLUTIONS Employee Reviews

Management was great until...
The company changed significantly in the past few years by becoming more and more like its competitors; utilizing call center atmosphere, letting loyal employees go without due diligence. It's sad to see how much it's fallen apart since I was there.
Pros
At the time, job security and work/life balance
Cons
Now, it seems everything has fallen apart
12-14 plus hours working day 135 degree temps lots of heavey lifting poor lots of human filth
.12-14 plus hours working day 135 degree temps 6 hours a day lots of heavy lifting lots of human filth poor organization long training program

They don’t promote within
They don’t promote within.Also no Minorities in upper management. No weekends off. You only get one weekend off a month. Also there is very heavy on you in regard to collecting money, they use you for collection money,need to hire a collection team
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Lack of diversity
Its a sales job
Make your calls and make budget. You are responsible for your salary. You get out of it what you put into it. You need to have an already established network for new business. Its very difficult with out that pre- existing knowledge.
Highly Recommend
Great place to work. Everyone wants to see you succeed and are all willing to help hands on and answer questions. Benefits are great. Everyone works as a team. It makes for a great atmosphere where you enjoy getting up and going to work. They work with days off that you need. You have opportunity for advancement
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
They treat ther employees fair and honest
Serviced anywhere from five to nine commercial pest control accounts each day Monday through Fridays. Learned integrated pest management and dealing with bug and rodent behavior daily. Hardest part of the job is to make your customer happy. The most enjoyable part of my job was. Going to work daily for Rose Pest Solutions. The company was always there when I needed them relating to any problems on the job and they treated you fair and honest. Management was the best as well as the corporate office.
Pros
Working
Cons
call backs on pest control accounts
competitive and fast paced
Woring for Rose is a great opportunity if you dont mind selling services to customers. It is definetley a good offer for customers to maintain their home with pest management schedules but when there is not enough technicians per region to cover all the customers then a chaos is created to rush through services to get all the customers for that month done and get the company the money allocated to that months finances and all they want is more customers and more services sold. Managers have no idea how to coordinate services in a schedule or how to properly manage office staff with a consistant operation to run effectively.
Used to care
Management has switched to a “money over service” philosophy. Anything for money. Want us to do more with less and worse equipment even though the money is flowing in.
Hours are fine, benefits are fine

Regional mangament is far worse than terrible and that has filtered to the local level. NOBODY cares anylonger

U need to make some money for a year or two fine.

But long term the company is falling apart faster than the cheap duct tape they are using to hold it together.

Not posting my identifiying info cause i still ned the job.
Pros
Work vehcle, bennys are decent
Cons
Money hungry Management, vaction pay is 50$
great place to work
Excellent training and support from management. Enjoyed working at many different businesses and locations. The route was very consistent from month to month with new accounts being added. Never a dull day.
Pros
on your own most of the time
Cons
some locations are more of a challenge than others
Training
Extensive training for the job is provided. They have on going training each month and yearly conference . All employees are state certified. Great 401k match
Stressful at times but good money to be made.
During the spring, summer, and fall months it’s incredibly busy. Stressful mostly due to demanding customers. Sometimes poorly managed but in general a fair work environment.
Pros
You’ll never have pest issues in your own home
Cons
A lot of time spent driving
Excellent Company Culture and Advancement Opportunities
Rose Pest Solutions is a family-owned business with an excellent company culture. An emphasis is placed on quality service. There is plenty of opportunity for advancement and pay increase. It can be challenging work, but rewarding for those who are up for it. Technicians typically make around $45k+/yr. after the first year. The pay goes up for those who work hard and smart.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Poor Training
I was very excited to come work for the company. It started out great and I was able to get my Ohio State certificate for The CORE COMMERCIAL APPLICATION VERTABRA TERMITE AND am Licensed to apply pesticides in the states of Ohio Kentucky and Indiana. I WAS doing well with the company. I met the IVES family in Troy Michigan and they treated me like one of the family,but Training was poor in the Cincinnati Ohio office and they assigned me to some very important Signature Services for Copasan accts. I didn't have the right training needed to do the computer part if the job. I know what I had to do as far as Application of pesticides and Intregated PEST Management. At the end of the day I fell ill with the flu and I had only been employed for about 14 WEEKS and they let me go because of substandard work. However I think that if the owners of the company would have been involved with me personally I would still be employed. Was very disappointed. This was not just a job it was a career move for me.
Pros
Great Family Owners in Michigan
Cons
Very poor Management in Cincinnati Ohio
Everyday is a new adventure
The days are typically very busy. It does slow down in the winter. You get to take the work truck home. The supervisors and manager at this office are beyond fantastic, they truly care about you. They encourage hard work, but don't want anyone getting burned out. The hardest part is just managing everything that keeps coming at you in the warm months. You're always seeing/dealing with new things here and get to work outside. It's not a boring job, for sure. The amount of work you can do here (and get paid for) is endless.
Pros
take truck home, good benefits
Cons
minimal
Rose Pest Solutions, a family business
Having worked for Rose Pest Solutions for 39 years mainly in the Oakland County area, I can say I am proud to be part of this company and its philosophy. Employees are treated with respect and trained to give the best service possible to our clients.
Pros
Healthcare, 401k, bonuses (money, days off)
Very friendly management and fun environment
Generally the normal day at Rose would consist of a cup of coffee in the morning, going over our production numbers in sales and a company as a whole, and also thanking everyone for being there by giving a little good bye right before we technicians head out for the day to finish our routes.
Hard work, good pay, kind of worth it
So, the job is pretty easy to do, especially once you get on the road and are doing the work first hand. Depending on what you are doing and if/who you are working with and for, the job is relatively easy as well. The hardest part of the job is being on-call, which could mean you have to go out at 2 in the morning to take care of a problem that may not actually be there.
Pros
Great Pay, good benefits
Cons
Management (lack of)
It sucked
I didn't really get along with my boss because he was a relative, never was able to please him, money & benefits were good but boss worker relationship wasn't
Benefits
Cons
Long & early hours
Enduring and satisfactory
Assisted with fumigators in sealing, assembling and disassembling equipment necessary in order to contain the fumigate gas within the semi trailers. Each day was long, enduring and stressful, but gained great teamwork and time management skills from this job.
great company
really liked working for rose prospecting was really hard
fair people to deal with not having a proper prospecting

program in place the soar method fell short
A Great 20 Years
I walked in with my resume and the lady in HR took time with me on the spot for an interview. I was start my day at 7:00 am and leave at 4:30 pm, giving me plenty of time to be with friends and family. I learned how to create Excel spreadsheets, make reservations for over 300+ people, took care of about 280 vehicles for any drivers needs (gas cards, insurance/claims, etc.) as well as other responsibilities that I was handed to take care of during my time. I enjoyed my job so where I didn't even realize I had been handling tasks that to some might have been more complicated, and even under pressure and last minute changes, I was able to get it all done.
Pros
paid lunches, relaxed atmosphere, closely knit
Cons
lack of pension
Ask a question about working or interviewing at ROSE PEST SOLUTIONS. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3
Ratings from women
2.2
InHerSight Score
1.8Personal Development
2.1Career Opportunities
2.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight