Roseburg Forest Products Employee Reviews

Corporate ran company with no interest in its employee's well-being.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Riddle, ORJune 26, 2018
Management makes rash decisions, and empty promises. Even if you hit target, they question why you didn't do better. Nothing is ever good enough in their eyes.
Not one of my better experiences
Clerical Statistician (Former Employee) –  Dillard, ORJune 8, 2018
I worked with no lunch and the schedule didn't allow for decent breaks . I was at work from 8 hours to 11 hours a day. I held two different positions, which made it hard to concentrate on learning any one thing completely.
Cons
No time for lunch or breaks. The schedule was very demanding
Good job for the work.
Supervisor Custodial Staff (Former Employee) –  Roseburg, ORMay 22, 2018
I worked at Roseburg Forest Products as a Custodial Supervisor. I was in charge a four-person crew, I put in orders for supplies and managed the custodial department. I reported on the crew, the needs and any occurrences. I reported to my boss who then reported to the office manager. My crew worked together as a team and we all worked until the work was done even though we had our assigned tasks. I tried to keep a positive attitude with the people that I was working with. I believe that the Roseburg Forest Products was a good place for me to work and the benefits were good.
Pros
Good benifits Good positive people to work for
Awful management. Plant manager frequented local Casino for lunch and would come back intoxicated.
Plant Statistician (Former Employee) –  Riddle, ORApril 18, 2018
Wouldn't work there again. Upper management doesn't know up from down, and are not encouraging to anyone.
Supervisors getting fired weekly Felt like a weekly lunch was a moral booster.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Too many to list.
Productive workplace with a lot of friendly people
Forklift Driver/ Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Dillard, ORMarch 21, 2018
I would show up everyday and many of my co-workers would say good morning or hello. After we all clocked in we would go to our stretch area and do our group stretches. Typically after our stretches we would have a meeting and begin our daily job, if we weren't busy then we would clean up or do some extra stretches to stay ready while product was being made. After we were done with the day we would clock our and go home.
Great people, BUT no support if bad manager
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ORMarch 21, 2018
Most of the people are great; however, no checks & balances for new managers. Claim open door policy, but does not go above immediate manager or face recourse.

I was hired for sales, but let go, as I did not do well on the admin side. Team had admin. I did very well on sales.

Products are great. Mills are fascinating.

Many of the employees have been there 30+ years. Not happy with the changes/culture, but waiting to retire.
Pros
Decent pay, free breakfast on paydays.
Cons
No way to work around bad managers.
Good Pay for location
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Dillard, ORMarch 21, 2018
Company is good place to work, hard work, decent pay, benefits have gotten worse over last few contracts, EAP is good, Overall decent place to work if you want to live in this area,
Cons
Union Could be Stronger
no breaks they dont care
Plant Journeyman License in 1998 (Former Employee) –  Dillard, ORMarch 6, 2018
They say they will send you to classes but only they never do. The leadership is poor and very back handed. That's why they have large sign on bones and still can't get people the word is out. Beware stay clear!
Pros
back stabbing leadership
Cons
they take and don't play fair!
Learning lesson
Putty Patcher / utility (Former Employee) –  Roseburg, ORMarch 5, 2018
Working for Roseburg forest products was very exciting at first. I work very hard try to learn as many machines as I could. But the company in management was very difficult there's a lot of backstabbing people there I don't like saying bad things about a company but it's true.
Pros
They did offer a lot of training on equipment
Cons
Management treated you like you are lesser value of them
Difficult
Qualified Layup Operator (Current Employee) –  Riddle, ORFebruary 21, 2018
It’s diffi to balance work and life with the long hours required. It is a union job and it’s very secure and legitimate feeling, however they are NOT a very understanding company.
Pros
Great pay/benefits
Cons
Fast paced environment with opportunity to advance
Common Labor (Current Employee) –  Dillard, ORFebruary 15, 2018
Generally a very good work environment. Requires a lot of physical activity and good work ethic. You must be willing and dedicated to showing up to work every day.
Good company to work for
Human Resource / Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Russellville, SCFebruary 6, 2018
This is a good organization to work with, only reason to leave was facility was closing down. Great people and management. I would highly recommend them.
Lumber Sales Assitant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ORDecember 3, 2017
Working in Dillard was far more family oriented. Moving to Springfield caused a lot of chaos and upset a lot of people. I love the company but wish it would have worked out to where we didn’t move to Springfield.
Does not follow handbook protocols and no advancement opportunities
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Simsboro, LANovember 20, 2017
there is only room for advancement to those who are personally known instead of qualifications, the job is not challenging at all but some management make it a difficult work environment.
Pros
schedule work days with adequate time off
Cons
family insurance prices are high and no career advancement opportunities
Great job security for management's friends
Salary employee (Former Employee) –  Dillard, ORNovember 15, 2017
Hardest part was learning what the expectations were for my job. I regularly saw new employees begin work without a safety orientation - myself included. It was hard time to figure out what we were allowed to do or not. Each supervisor wants something different from you and not all of them are good at communicating their expectations. I saw leadership discipline employees for not adhering to policies that they haven't been trained on, because they don't want to own up and admit that they messed up the training or training schedule. Roseburg definitely needs to improve their communication, training and respecting employees. But if you are close with someone in management then you probably will have great job security.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Management, communication, training
great people and fun job.
veneer grader (Former Employee) –  dillard oregonNovember 7, 2017
Nice company, good pay, hours and shifts compatible with family life, company advancement available. Safety is number 1. Lots of opportunity to learn plywood business in each aspect of productiô.
Pros
hours of work, safety, pay rate, paid sick leave.
Cons
discharging without investigation, communication
Good Pay and Benefits. You are also part of a Union
Forklift operator (Current Employee) –  Winston, OR 97496November 1, 2017
It is a good place to work for the pay rate. As long as you show up and do your job, you will do OK. The downside it seems is that it is very hard to advance in a career. If you are not friends or family of the right person, you will need a college degree and a glowing resume. But, if you are looking for an hourly job that pays well and is not too demanding, I would recommend them.
Great place to work for
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Weed, CAOctober 11, 2017
I really injoyed working at roseburg forest products. I went to work 4 days on and 4 days off pluss over time. I always showed up to work 30 minutes early to make sure to get all my stuff ready. I would fill my forklift up with fuel and get ready for my day. I was responsable for making sure what kind of wood we would be running for that shift and making sure we would'nt run out. It was a very fast paste high stress job. I loved it because it was always a challange.
Pros
Very good place to work
Great workplace with awesome people
Linear Program Data Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Roseburg, OROctober 11, 2017
I interned in the Dillard Corporate office. During my time at RFP I experienced an awesome atmosphere with people who were always willing to help. I spend a lot of time in the plants as well where the plant management was helpful and accommodating when I had special requests.
Management sucks
Dryer Operator (Former Employee) –  Riddle,oregonOctober 3, 2017
If your not a kiss butt you will not advance. If your a hard worker with opinions and suggestions you are targeted as poor employee. Management has never worked in facility but seems to think they know everthing. Will not listen to experienced operators

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Roseburg Forest Products. Our community is ready to answer.