Roseburg Forest Products Employee Reviews

Curtain coater (Former Employee) –  Riddle, ORFebruary 12, 2019
Work hard and they appreciate you. If you're lazy they will find a way to get rid of you. Good benefits, 401k. Paid time off. Mostly good morale , some Debbie downers but great place to find women too.
Pros
401k, benefits, paid time off
Cons
Very fast paced
enjoyed ti
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Riddle, ORFebruary 10, 2019
Learned how to run and fix machines I was running. Enjoyed meeting new people and the atmosphere was good. They care about their employees and do proper training.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Hours and days off fluctuate
wonderful place to work
Night lead forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Riddle, ORNovember 30, 2018
I enjoyed going to my job everyday. I got along with my peers and other co-workers .I would highly recommend this company to anyone looking for a awesome company to work for.
Pros
everything
Cons
the cummute
Fast pace good pay
Dryer Feeder (Former Employee) –  Coquille, ORNovember 15, 2018
I had a good experience the overall picture is that its good money but its hard work you can make it easier on yourself but learn the tricks of the trade.
Pros
Good way to make a live in coos economy
Cons
Problems with sleeping scedule
Hard working job tough but good pay
Stacker Operater (Former Employee) –  Dillard, OROctober 29, 2018
Go in early relive the next shift,putt on gloves, locks and hard hat.Operates machines to sort and stack lumber for 8 hours. I learned how to stock lumber. i learned that hard work pays off. The hardest part was learn a new job. after awhile experience helped me do the job very well.Most enjoyable part was talking to other employees and the paycheck
Pros
Great pay, Hard work, and good experience
Cons
long hours, lots of standing and loud environment
Its a job...
Employee (Former Employee) –  Coquille, OROctober 21, 2018
Typical day at work involves a lot of stress and confusion. I learned a lot about what people are willing to do to advance themselves in the company. The work place culture is ok for the most part. The most enjoyable part of every day is clocking out!
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Everything between the checks clearing
Fast paced high stress
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Dillard, OROctober 6, 2018
Decent pay for an Electrician. Shifts suck. Work every weekend. No training. Management is clueless. High stress. Production comes before safety, although they preach safety.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
High stress, bad management, no training
Utility
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Coquille, ORSeptember 2, 2018
I enjoyed the work. You go to work, eat lunch, go back to work and then go home. I would suggest this position to the younger generation. The company treated me well while i was there.
Provided opportunites
HR Manager (Former Employee) –  Riddle, ORAugust 31, 2018
Riddle Plywood is a good place to work. Good job and career opportunities for everyone. High turnover rate in many positions. Must be willing to work any/all shifts.
It was a production environment, with safety standards.
Sander Operator (Former Employee) –  Dillard, ORAugust 27, 2018
In my 4 years time, I learned a vast amount of knowledge and moved through the ranks fairly quickly. It is a great place to work for someone with a family due to its almost immediate higher than average wages, along with the insurance and other benefits. If one goes in with the drive to apply and better themselves they can quickly become someone with a decent wage at the end of the day.
Poor training, a lot of unforeseen issues not prepared for
Line one saw operator (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTAugust 25, 2018
I worked there for 2 months, was put into the hardest and most fast paced position in the mill my first week. Encountered some issues that I was not trained for resulting in spilled wood. There was no write ups, no warning that my job was in jeopardy. I was just released from my job with no consideration for my family or the impact to me.
Pros
Paid lunch, good benefits, good pay, good potential career
Cons
poor training, lack of communication, low work place morale.
quick pace
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Dillard, ORAugust 17, 2018
graveyard was relaxed and not so hot in the summer, you meet some good hard working people. and you meet some not so good lazy people. overall its a good place to work at.
Pros
money benefits
Cons
short breaks lazy workers
Many different titles.
Forklift Driver, Press Operator, Green End Driver (Former Employee) –  Roseburg, ORJuly 30, 2018
At Roseburg Forest Products I wanted to learn as much as possible. I began as a stacker operator learning the different grades of veneer. I then learned how to operate a forklift and an X-lift. Then finally i learned about the spreaders and process on making plywood.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Good Employer
Dryer Maintenance Lead (Former Employee) –  Dillard, ORJuly 24, 2018
This was a great company that allowed me to further my work experience. It payed well and had great benefits. I made a lot of friends and had worked for awesome foremen.
Pros
pay
Cons
heat
Labor Work
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Coquille, ORJune 27, 2018
Labor job dealing with the process in making plywood. Enjoy the fellow employees I work with every day. Hardest part of the job is the same repetitive motion everyday.
Corporate ran company with no interest in its employee's well-being.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Riddle, ORJune 26, 2018
Management makes rash decisions, and empty promises. Even if you hit target, they question why you didn't do better. Nothing is ever good enough in their eyes.
Corporate ran company with no interest in it's employee's well-being.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Riddle, ORJune 26, 2018
Products are created by hate and discontent by it's people. Good benefits and competitive pay but management makes empty promises. Workplace culture is at an all time low.
Good challenge, probably unhealthy environment.
Millwright/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTJune 23, 2018
I learned a lot as a millwright at this place, since it was my 1st millwright job. I enjoyed some of the challenges at this workplace, and some were not so fun ( line 2 ) , very hot press, high temp hyd oil preheated to 650 degrees
Roseburg Forest Products
Day Shift Foreman, I lead (Former Employee) –  Roseburg Forest ProductsJune 13, 2018
I loved my job, Roseburg Forest Products can offer a great future. I raised my family through this company. I appreciate all they have done for me and my family. I have left the company but will always value the time I spent there and many opportunities and valued friends I have made.
Pros
401 K vacation time
Cons
Lack of knowledge and direction whats the goal.
Not one of my better experiences
Clerical Statistician (Former Employee) –  Dillard, ORJune 8, 2018
I worked with no lunch and the schedule didn't allow for decent breaks . I was at work from 8 hours to 11 hours a day. I held two different positions, which made it hard to concentrate on learning any one thing completely.
Cons
No time for lunch or breaks. The schedule was very demanding

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Roseburg Forest Products. Our community is ready to answer.