Roseburg Forest Products Employee Reviews

Hard working job tough but good pay
Stacker Operater (Former Employee) –  Dillard, OROctober 29, 2018
Go in early relive the next shift,putt on gloves, locks and hard hat.Operates machines to sort and stack lumber for 8 hours. I learned how to stock lumber. i learned that hard work pays off. The hardest part was learn a new job. after awhile experience helped me do the job very well.Most enjoyable part was talking to other employees and the paycheck
Pros
Great pay, Hard work, and good experience
Cons
long hours, lots of standing and loud environment
Its a job...
Employee (Former Employee) –  Coquille, OROctober 21, 2018
Typical day at work involves a lot of stress and confusion. I learned a lot about what people are willing to do to advance themselves in the company. The work place culture is ok for the most part. The most enjoyable part of every day is clocking out!
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Everything between the checks clearing
Fast paced high stress
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Dillard, OROctober 6, 2018
Decent pay for an Electrician. Shifts suck. Work every weekend. No training. Management is clueless. High stress. Production comes before safety, although they preach safety.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
High stress, bad management, no training
Utility
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Coquille, ORSeptember 2, 2018
I enjoyed the work. You go to work, eat lunch, go back to work and then go home. I would suggest this position to the younger generation. The company treated me well while i was there.
Provided opportunites
HR Manager (Former Employee) –  Riddle, ORAugust 31, 2018
Riddle Plywood is a good place to work. Good job and career opportunities for everyone. High turnover rate in many positions. Must be willing to work any/all shifts.
It was a production environment, with safety standards.
Sander Operator (Former Employee) –  Dillard, ORAugust 27, 2018
In my 4 years time, I learned a vast amount of knowledge and moved through the ranks fairly quickly. It is a great place to work for someone with a family due to its almost immediate higher than average wages, along with the insurance and other benefits. If one goes in with the drive to apply and better themselves they can quickly become someone with a decent wage at the end of the day.
Poor training, a lot of unforeseen issues not prepared for
Line one saw operator (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTAugust 25, 2018
I worked there for 2 months, was put into the hardest and most fast paced position in the mill my first week. Encountered some issues that I was not trained for resulting in spilled wood. There was no write ups, no warning that my job was in jeopardy. I was just released from my job with no consideration for my family or the impact to me.
Pros
Paid lunch, good benefits, good pay, good potential career
Cons
poor training, lack of communication, low work place morale.
quick pace
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Dillard, ORAugust 17, 2018
graveyard was relaxed and not so hot in the summer, you meet some good hard working people. and you meet some not so good lazy people. overall its a good place to work at.
Pros
money benefits
Cons
short breaks lazy workers
Many different titles.
Forklift Driver, Press Operator, Green End Driver (Former Employee) –  Roseburg, ORJuly 30, 2018
At Roseburg Forest Products I wanted to learn as much as possible. I began as a stacker operator learning the different grades of veneer. I then learned how to operate a forklift and an X-lift. Then finally i learned about the spreaders and process on making plywood.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Good Employer
Dryer Maintenance Lead (Former Employee) –  Dillard, ORJuly 24, 2018
This was a great company that allowed me to further my work experience. It payed well and had great benefits. I made a lot of friends and had worked for awesome foremen.
Pros
pay
Cons
heat
Corporate ran company with no interest in its employee's well-being.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Riddle, ORJune 26, 2018
Management makes rash decisions, and empty promises. Even if you hit target, they question why you didn't do better. Nothing is ever good enough in their eyes.
Good challenge, probably unhealthy environment.
Millwright/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTJune 23, 2018
I learned a lot as a millwright at this place, since it was my 1st millwright job. I enjoyed some of the challenges at this workplace, and some were not so fun ( line 2 ) , very hot press, high temp hyd oil preheated to 650 degrees
Not one of my better experiences
Clerical Statistician (Former Employee) –  Dillard, ORJune 8, 2018
I worked with no lunch and the schedule didn't allow for decent breaks . I was at work from 8 hours to 11 hours a day. I held two different positions, which made it hard to concentrate on learning any one thing completely.
Cons
No time for lunch or breaks. The schedule was very demanding
Good job for the work.
Supervisor Custodial Staff (Former Employee) –  Roseburg, ORMay 22, 2018
I worked at Roseburg Forest Products as a Custodial Supervisor. I was in charge a four-person crew, I put in orders for supplies and managed the custodial department. I reported on the crew, the needs and any occurrences. I reported to my boss who then reported to the office manager. My crew worked together as a team and we all worked until the work was done even though we had our assigned tasks. I tried to keep a positive attitude with the people that I was working with. I believe that the Roseburg Forest Products was a good place for me to work and the benefits were good.
Pros
Good benifits Good positive people to work for
Awful management. Plant manager frequented local Casino for lunch and would come back intoxicated.
Plant Statistician (Former Employee) –  Riddle, ORApril 18, 2018
Wouldn't work there again. Upper management doesn't know up from down, and are not encouraging to anyone.
Supervisors getting fired weekly Felt like a weekly lunch was a moral booster.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Too many to list.
Productive workplace with a lot of friendly people
Forklift Driver/ Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Dillard, ORMarch 21, 2018
I would show up everyday and many of my co-workers would say good morning or hello. After we all clocked in we would go to our stretch area and do our group stretches. Typically after our stretches we would have a meeting and begin our daily job, if we weren't busy then we would clean up or do some extra stretches to stay ready while product was being made. After we were done with the day we would clock our and go home.
Great people, BUT no support if bad manager
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ORMarch 21, 2018
Most of the people are great; however, no checks & balances for new managers. Claim open door policy, but does not go above immediate manager or face recourse.

I was hired for sales, but let go, as I did not do well on the admin side. Team had admin. I did very well on sales.

Products are great. Mills are fascinating.

Many of the employees have been there 30+ years. Not happy with the changes/culture, but waiting to retire.
Pros
Decent pay, free breakfast on paydays.
Cons
No way to work around bad managers.
Good Pay for location
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Dillard, ORMarch 21, 2018
Company is good place to work, hard work, decent pay, benefits have gotten worse over last few contracts, EAP is good, Overall decent place to work if you want to live in this area,
Cons
Union Could be Stronger
no breaks they dont care
Plant Journeyman License in 1998 (Former Employee) –  Dillard, ORMarch 6, 2018
They say they will send you to classes but only they never do. The leadership is poor and very back handed. That's why they have large sign on bones and still can't get people the word is out. Beware stay clear!
Pros
back stabbing leadership
Cons
they take and don't play fair!
Learning lesson
Putty Patcher / utility (Former Employee) –  Roseburg, ORMarch 5, 2018
Working for Roseburg forest products was very exciting at first. I work very hard try to learn as many machines as I could. But the company in management was very difficult there's a lot of backstabbing people there I don't like saying bad things about a company but it's true.
Pros
They did offer a lot of training on equipment
Cons
Management treated you like you are lesser value of them

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Roseburg Forest Products. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about