Rosecrance Health Network Employee Reviews

Good place if you like micro management
Senior Therapist (Former Employee) –  Crystal LakeMarch 30, 2019
Pros- good time off, decent benefits
Cons- a half broken broken internet based system that didn't work half the time; inexperienced and poor management that were green as grass who tried to micro manage staff, but had no knowledge of the actual job. Advancement is offered with no extra pay.

The management would almost daily send all their staff hostile and threatening emails (do this or else).
They seem to look for kids fresh out of school to mold and pay less. Finding staff with 5 plus years experience is rare, so that should tell you something.
Pros
Pto, insurance
Cons
Pay, promotion, treatment and disrespect to staff
Good place to start in the field
Recovery Specialist - Crisis Intervention (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILMarch 28, 2019
Tends to be a fast-paced environment, constantly changing. Good support from peers for burnout prevention and good resources for employees. Workers are very passionate about what they do. Was able to learn basic responsibilities quickly. Get to see clients improve and learn. Working as a team is difficult at times, and scheduling is not typical.
Pros
free lunches/dinners, peer support
Cons
no breaks, inconsistent pace
It was a lot of work and little pay
Recovery Technician (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMarch 24, 2019
For all the work you do as a direct care person and the people with the MS/higher roles get to get paid way more for the same amount of work done with just a bachelors. Same amount or more of work.
Decent place to work
UNIT CLERK (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILMarch 18, 2019
Rosecrance is a decent place to work. I have picked up some useful new skills while employed here. There is little room for advancement from my perspective, There are some issues among the leadership that make it difficult for teams to run smoothly, and the pay is not equal to the amount of work required.
Coworkers fantastic
Unit specialist (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILFebruary 28, 2019
Coworkers were fantastic, but everything else was a mess. Very low paying job, no clearly defined rules until you messed up, and then found out it wasn’t something you were supposed to do. There’s a reason they are always looking for people. It’s a revolving door. No real training. This is NOT a good job if you’re a mom or single parent, as this place is NOT family friendly. Keep away unless you are a single person or married without kids.
Pros
Free meal, fantastic co workers
Cons
Low pay, no clearly defined rules until you screw up, poor communication from management, not family friendly
Loved the people I worked with
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILFebruary 20, 2019
Really enjoyed the people I worked with and the people we served and their families. Executive Leadership lacks compassion for the people served. Definitely Not a Non-Profit Agency.
negative work envirnonment
Psychiatric Assessment Counselor (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJanuary 26, 2019
Many employees quit or were fired. I did not appreciate the new management and they did not value me nor many of my co-workers. It was not a good fit and it was time to leave.
Pros
High standards
Cons
Management take over was not successful
Terrible work environment
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILDecember 13, 2018
At Rosecrance I was constantly eyed. No one was chatty with me and I felt isolated and judged for being the only younger parent. When I got pregnant it got worse. Being a place that helps mental illness, when I was diagnosed with pregnancy induced depression and anxiety and treated by my doctor, they isolated me even more. Refused my counseling services that were part of my employee benefits. They refused to answer emails in a timely fashion to go over my benefits for the services. My supervisor would constantly tell me one thing and then tell HR another so there was constant miscommunication. Luckily I had an email paper trail. I did three times my requested work load a day. & was questioned about it because my boss didn’t want to make me new work lists. I helped other employees being a new employee because I was refused new work for weeks.
Pros
Big desk area
Cons
Too many to list
Need to be Reminded of Mission, Vision and Core Values
Employee (Former Employee) –  IllinoisNovember 27, 2018
Co-workers among the best I have ever worked with- genuine, dedicated counselors, good feeling to be part of a team and know you are making a difference, decent benefits and generous PTO.

Heavy workload with unreasonable expectations and time constraints with overtime not being an option, limited training provided, coverage when someone out of office is virtually non-existent, not a question of IF burnout will happen but when.

Management needs to listen to concerns, ask questions and follow up. Making demands without listening or asking questions to those actually doing the job is useless. Provide the necessary tools and support staff for everyone to succeed, pay attention, COMMUNICATE. Rapid growth taking a toll, focus on what you already have.

Exhausting
MH Clinician (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILOctober 30, 2018
Salaried position, but worked hours of overtime every week. Scheduling was difficult and staff were over worked and stressed out.

You do work with very ill clients (and repeat clients) and seeing just a lite recovery is nice.
Pros
Client recovery
Cons
Stressful, lots of paperwork, no breaks
I love working here!
Mental Health Crisis Clinician-MHP (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILOctober 20, 2018
I love what I do and who I work with. The supervisors are wonderful. They are always polite and cheerful and willing to assist in any way possible. The company is wonderful to work for and there is definite movement within the company. They also have wonderful benefits!
Pros
Friendly Supervisors, Healthcare, Mileage Reimbursement
Great Place To Work, Poor Salary
Public Grants Accountant (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILOctober 17, 2018
Great people. Great energy. Great team mentality. Great physical work environment. Only reason I left was due to the low pay. I was working a night job just to keep my head above water.
Pros
People. Group events. Building.
Cons
Salary
High expectations and they treat you like a mcdonalds employee
Behavioral Health Unit Counselor (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILAugust 21, 2018
I worked for this company for over 4 years. Within less then a year they found a way to push me out of the company by writing me up for little things here and there. The management is not approachable and tells you to different stories. You are expected to do 3x the amount of work and you barely have the time to do your own work. This company couldn't spell my name correctly nor could employees in management say my name correctly. They tell you that you are valued but treat you like dirt. They will work you to death. It's not worth you time, energy, or patience.
Pros
Free meals if you work with clients, occassional free gifts with rosecrance logo
fun coworkers
Unit Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJuly 27, 2018
Fun people to work with but a stressful environment. Managment does not always care about you or so it seems like. When you suggest change, it isn't usually taken seriously.
Rosecrance is an incredible company
SAP Counselor (Current Employee) –  McHenry, ILJuly 11, 2018
They treat you as a member of the family to say the least. If you ever have a issue be it personal or otherwise, your supervisor will be more than happy to allow you to take time off to fix said issue. Rosecrance hires and promotes from within and is constantly acquiring new buildings and opening up new facilities. I would recommend Rosecrance to anyone looking to start a career in the field.
Loved this place
Environmental Services -Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILJune 11, 2018
Had I not relocated, I would still choose to be here. The team I worked with was great, and my boss was very knowledgeable. I miss it every day.
The staff were so welcoming.
Pros
Cons
Norhing
Not enough help, no breaks, minimal training
Unit Counselor (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILApril 2, 2018
Typical day included supervising 9-15 adolescent clients varying from providing behavioral intervention to therapeutic didactics. Most enjoyable part was watching some of the clients "get it" and actually begin to heal.
Pros
Verizon discount
Cons
No breaks, not enough staff, low pay for the job, training minimal
Excellent Team Environment
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMarch 25, 2018
Rosecrance Harrison Campus was a very team oriented place to work. The opportunities to affect patients lives were exciting. There is many opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Learning Seminars
Cons
Compensation
Constantly judged
Unit Technician (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMarch 16, 2018
I was constantly judged negatively for never having their preferred certifications, despite never being promised progression in the company upon completion. Supervisors were consistently negative on my reviews, despite having highly respected relationships with peers and patients.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Odd shifts, poor management, poor advancement opportunities, little pay
Horrible Management
Patient Accounts (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILFebruary 11, 2018
Backstabbing, Jail/Cult like daily experience. Your fellow co workers like to talk behind your back, while smiling over their shoulder! Your frowned upon for saying Good Morning when you arrive, no one knows anything about each other but yet thinks they know everything!! If your not managers pet, you have no opinion whatsoever or even a name to your face. Do not waste your time
Pros
Not so much

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rosecrance Health Network. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Rosecrance Health Network Reviews by Location