Rosetta Stone Employee Reviews

Productive, supportive, and fun workplace!
Chinese (Mandarin) Language Instructor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 27, 2018
in addition, the work schedule is very flexible, and it helps when you have a second job. I am very enjoy to work with our clients. and it makes my love my job!
productive and fun place to work
Executive Support Administrator (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 20, 2018
I would recommend anyone to work for this company. Great environment. Benefits are amazing. For parents and people that have busy lives this company would be great because they are flexible.
Friendly, fast place to work!
Customer Care Representative/ Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VASeptember 9, 2018
Rosetta Stone cares about its employees. I loved that we worked hard and played hard. There is such a family atmosphere at Rosetta Stone. I miss it! Great job and place to work.
Great place to work and interact with other tutors/managers
American English Language Tutor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 26, 2018
I enjoy working at Rosetta Stone because it gives me an opportunity to interact with people all around the world. I learn as much from them as they do from me. The management is very supportive of time I need to take off and will work with me to ensure I get the hours I need. The hardest part of the job has to do with the time slot I typically work as it can go until midnight or 1 am.
Pros
Flexible with scheduled work hours
Cons
Not being able to work full-time
international recognition of excellence.
German language coach (Current Employee) –  Home BasedAugust 18, 2018
It is a pure pleasure working for Rosetta Stone. Teaching German to an international clientele has give me a real sense of satisfactions. It was a pleasure to go to work every day.
Pros
name recognition
Cons
to few hours
great product and great management team
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 18, 2018
enjoyed all my time at Rosetta Stone, especially the friendly completion with other managers and regions! great monthly prizes for all who perform exceptional monthly.unfortunately the company's shift to close all retail stores was unforseen and regrettable.
Pros
autonomies position, Fantastic commission structure, very positive and supportive senior mgt.
Cons
lack of notice when company closed all retail stores!
Great Work Environment
Opportunity Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAJuly 9, 2018
This place has a GREAT work environment. If you have your day planned out you can follow it to a T without interruption. Management is great and is always attentive to your well being. I have learned a lot with Rosetta Stone's options in professional development as well as mentorship opportunities.
great and fun place to work
On-line Spanish and English Teacher (Former Employee) –  RemoteJuly 2, 2018
RS is a great place. The learners are great and the program really works. I highly recommend it . The platform needs to be more updated but still a great way to learn.
Pros
great program
Cons
outdated and no raises
Pluses and Minuses
Online Marketing (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 2, 2018
Rosetta Stone is an excellent brand name and I considered it an honor to get a position there. Many co-workers were nice and we had several post work events that were a lot of fun. There were some infrastructure issues that made progress and efforts slow. Middle managers could be more open to feedback and suggestions.
Pros
Free soft drinks
Fun job environment
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLJune 25, 2018
Was selling Rosetta Stone language programs in Aventura Mall, it was face to face selling as well and basically introducing specific languages to different nationalities.
Pros
Was learning from the programs myself, great view and people
Cons
Long walks to the restroom and places to eat for lunch
Great job opportunity
Contract Photographer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 13, 2018
Rosetta Stone was a great contract photography job in Nashville, Tennessee. I enjoyed my experience with the company and would work for them in the future.
Fun product to sell
Manager (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNJune 2, 2018
Its a great product and the job allowed employees access to all the languages. The retail program I was in is now closed, but if it opens again I would return.
Various activities example softball games, ice cream socials
Fraud & Security , Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAMay 25, 2018
This was a great company before they went public. Had you sitting on the edge of your chair everyday, wondering if you would be the next group of people being laid off.
Pros
Outside activities, being able to make your decisions based on your knowledge of what the customer needs.
Cons
Not knowing if you will be there from one day to the next
Big Brand, Big Talent
Sr. Sales and Marketing Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 18, 2018
Great brand with great talent but not the right culture at the time. The culture could have changed but there was a fear factor working for them. Good benefits and compensation though.
Amazing opportunity to learn sales
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 8, 2018
As a sales associate for Rosetta Stone, I was single-handedly responsible for approaching customers and familiarizing them with the Rosetta Stone language learning software. My responsibilities included opening/closing the kiosk, conducting daily sales, demonstrating the language learning software, and managing inventory and stock lists. I quickly rose to being the third leading sales representative in the nation. Company closed all of its national kiosk sales locations and went strictly online.
Pros
Fantastic salary plus commission
Cons
company closed kiosks
productive place to work
Content author (Former Employee) –  United StatesMay 5, 2018
I worked from home. All communication was done by email and online conferences, most of the time bt Skype. The job requires to work with deadlines, but other than that it offers a lot of freedom to create new materials.
Excellent company
Legal Intern, In-House Counsel (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 1, 2018
It's a great work environment! The employees are collaborative, friendly, and capable. They work hard but not excessively. The office culture is laid back.
fun, collaborative work place
Community Language Peer (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAMarch 16, 2018
remote work with some flexibility
nice product line and usage for staff
nice workplace culture
language skills acquisition
poor advancement opportunities
poor collaboration
Pros
Friday bagels and coffee
Great experience
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 8, 2018
As a sales associate it is rare that you get an opportunity to sell high market items and succeed. I had a great time selling my products and excelled greatly. i believe you should get paid more per hour and more commission
Worked with fantastic people and had a phenomenal corporate office
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 5, 2018
Calling each store manager every morning to ensure store opened successfully and obtain daily sales figures. Learned what an amazing company this was to work for and wold have stayed had the economy not forced several locations to close. Culture was very diverse and peaceful as well as the company as a whole treated everyone with respect. Hardest part of the job was leaving it due to closures and the most enjoyable was working daily with wonderful people.
Pros
Fantastic company with great values
Cons
Having to close locations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rosetta Stone. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight