Rosewood Care Center Employee Reviews

Great team work, caring employees
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Moline, ILJanuary 14, 2019
New management but they seem to be bringing about some much needed change. Fun and rewarding environment, excited to see the changes, what is in store next, and the growth potential. Its been a good place to work so far. Flexible schedules
Pros
Incentives and perks
Cons
As with anyplace busy days
It will be a good place to work if they had a better communication and team work
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLDecember 26, 2018
Is a very difficult place to work with very little help from supervisors , except for maybe one. The cna's are very uncooperative and disrespectful with exception of some.
Love the residents
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILDecember 23, 2018
Rosewood Care Center could be a nice place to work if management did their jobs an not let some of the
Cnas run the place sad when upper management act an pretend they don’t see what’s going on right under they nose
Pros
Residents
Cons
summary
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILDecember 13, 2018
Wonderful place to work. Staffing was adequate. People truly cared for the residence. Place did not smell of urine when walking in. The job requires a lot of physical labor.
This place was awesome until they sold it
Dietary Cook/Aide (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 6, 2018
Working here was good it was a place where all cultures worked together and really got along well and always focused on teamwork management always helped out.
Pros
The people
Cons
None that I can say
It's was and ok place to work.
CNA (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILNovember 26, 2018
Just be prepared to work. my working experience at rosewood was good up until I found out I was pregnant and unable work anymore I was too sick. They were all understanding
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks in between shifts
No way jose
Dietary Cook (Former Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MONovember 21, 2018
I WOULD NEVER GO BACK TO THIS JOB. They did not pay you much and they really don't care about those residents. They serve poor food as well. LAZY CO-WORKERS. LOW PAYING.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Low paying job, not enough benefits
ugh
Medication Aide/CNA (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 14, 2018
This used to be a decent place to work when i first got there but it has steadily declined into a place i have to be at because i am obligated by financial pressures.
Productive work environment, skilled nursing facility with available physical, occupational and psychological therapy to work with patients.
RN (Former Employee) –  East Peoria, ILNovember 8, 2018
Productive nursing environment for the patients. worked with wounded patients. Performed different nursing skills such as G tube care, feeding, bed sores, dressings, IV administrations, strong communication skills with other team members including physicians, RNs, LPNs using SBAR tool.
Very unorganized.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 31, 2018
No structure. Out of a company that has 14 nursing homes, this one is on the bottom tier. Management didn't seem to know which direction we were headed in and there is a lot of fraternization.
Horrible
CNA (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILOctober 15, 2018
I absolutely hated working here, the only reason I stayed was because of the pay rate. it was really good pay but the quality of the nursing home was horrible and the coworkers there just caused way too many drama issues/gossip issues and I could not be around that environment. No one also really helped anyone except one other coworker of mine.
Pros
Sometimes they were flexible with the scheduling
Cons
The workers and the quality of the nursing home!
it was just ok
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Inverness, ILOctober 12, 2018
it was just ok. It was very disorganized and under staffed.
they overworked and underpaid employees. there was never any positive reinforcement or recognition of a job well done.
Housekeeper/ Nurse (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXOctober 10, 2018
Very easy work environment but there is too much drama that goes on in the nursing home you can get close to the old people learn about them and though just start to grow on you
Pros
You can connect with the elderly
Cons
Cant use our health care until next year and will not recieve the health care until nov 1st 2018
It's an ok place to work at
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Inverness, ILOctober 4, 2018
I only worked there because of the elders, I love helping them out and listening to their wonderful stories. Working at Rosewood helped me decide my career choice.
Pros
Wonderful residents
Cons
Rude staff
Horrible to long term staff
Nursing (Former Employee) –  East Peoria, ILSeptember 20, 2018
New CNA's are being hired in making more than the dedicated CNA's that have been there for years. If that isn't a slap in the face I don't know what is. Upper management comes out of office after sitting in there all day talking about family and vacations just to yell at people when they in fact have no idea what is going on out on the floor. They also yell at employees in front of other staff as if they were in 1st grade. Upper management has no interaction with residents, its sickening and disappointing. Long term employees are leaving. If you want a good job or your family taken care of I would find another place to go. This place is slowly falling apart.
Pros
residents
Cons
upper management, pay, hours
Terrible
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILSeptember 20, 2018
I have been working here for some time now and nothing has changed. We are overstaffed, underpaid, and there's no help from the nurses what so ever. Only a handful of good CNAs, the others barely pick up their own slack and then you're caught fixing their mistakes.
Please do not work here.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILSeptember 14, 2018
Terrible administrator and terrible management. You are just a number to them and they give you more work than physically capable of. Toxic work environment and laziness galore. RIP to your back.
Pros
the residents are nice
Cons
Short breaks, terrible management, favoritism/racism, severely overworked, just a number
Nursing Home
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILSeptember 12, 2018
Great place to work! I loved the residents and the staff was friendly. Working in dietary was easy and the hours were good. I never worked past 8 pm!!
Nice and Clean
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILSeptember 11, 2018
Great place to work. Clean and well organized area to work in. Everyone is friendly and easy to get along with, and there is never a dull moment with the staff and residents.
Pros
Flexible hours
RN Former -East Peoria
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  East Peoria, ILSeptember 6, 2018
Work load same as any wear else so your CNA's make you or break you. Here most of them break you, although there were a few that knew their job did it well with out complaint and that was a great day. Management was poor if CNA's did not do their jobs such as daily weight and I+O and were coached floor nursing with no results, Management's answer was it is nursing responsibility to get it done. Rules always change and were never the same from person to person which a very difficult work environment.
Pros
Residents were great
Cons
Most CNA's and their attitudes, Management