Rosewood Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center

Working at Rosewood Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center: 29 Reviews

United States29 reviews

workworkingcompanymanagementtimepayemployeeresident

Pretty good place to work

Good management. Financial struggles lead to issues with pay for employees at times. Good coworkers. Productivity demands can be unrealistic. Overall a good environment to work in

Pros

Good managers

Cons

Low pay

The first couple days were great. I loved it. but after a couple days, you’ll start doing the work on your own. which is much harder to do with no help. I was not paid for my 22.58 hours of over time. You make an extra .50 cents on the weekends. But they were only paying me .50 cents AN HOUR on the weekends. One saturday I made 1.73 in 5 hours because of this. I’ve called and called and left voicemails but no one will answer or call me back.

Pros

Free food.

Cons

Payment Issues. management issues.

Rosewood Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center insights

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Very hard place to work.

The description this company has posted in their available job listing is a lie. The staff to patient ratio is horrible, this company has you working with anywhere from 16-25 residents at a time. Management handles things horribly. Patient care is not a top priority here which is a shame. Good luck if you apply here, I was all too happy to leave this company.

Pros

Shift differential

Cons

Short staffed, bad management, under appreciated

The residents are awesome

Pretty much everything else sucks. I liked some of my co-workers but there was a lot of office politics and rear kissing going on.Once got a verbal warning for abandoning my station in favor of talking to the receptionist? Instead of investigating this report, the head of HR (my direct boss) decided to directly punish me, in front of everyone, by giving me a stack of rather sensitive documents to sort through (covid test results).There are some genuine CNAs and such, but anyone worth having, Rosewood chaces off with laughable compensation and "benefits" I don't even kick in until after a year you've been there.

Pros

Nice residents

Cons

Horrible management, horrible pay, 30 minute lunch, no breaks, no benefits for a year and even then they suck

Trash

management is HORRIBLE AND VERY UNPROFESSIONAL I REPEAT UNPROFESSIONAL, do not waste your time and energy trying to work at this place. don’t say i didn’t warn you

Cons

Many clicks. Fake. Backstabbers.

Learned a lot. Got me to where I am now. Was there a little over 3 years. Made a few good friends. People at the top are useless and play favorites. If you are not a favorite, look out, because sooner or later you will be fired.

Poor management

Chronically understaffed. If someone called in, "oh well" you can handle it. Extremely stressful environment. There were cliques amoung the nurses and CNAs. Personnel were constantly calling in or showing up late for work on a routine basis. Chalk it up to poor management. The only saving grace for this company is that I loved my residents! The grass may be greener on the other side of the hill!

Pros

Benefits were fairly good. Wonderful residents!

Cons

Little time to get a break. Always short staffed. Poor management.

Excellent employee support and growth

This company is very supportive of its employee growth and development. They are willing to work with your schedule to enable you to pursue higher education and offer tuition reimbursement. There are many opportunities to move up within the company.

the job was great loved my residents and most of the staff

I loved working at GCHC but the management was horrible. Chances for advancement are very little unless you are a part of the click and then you can have whatever you want. Working hard and doing a good job means very little to the management and then like to make promises they cant keep and lie to try and keep employees. Not a great place to work overall, the only good thing is the pay.

Pros

the pay is competetive

Cons

extremely poor management

Fast-paced and Huge Growth Potential

Opportunity for growth is HUGE in this company. Do your job and do it well, and you will be promoted! I've been promoted many times over the course of my time here with GCHC!

GCHC Culture

GCHC has a good Culture and family feel. It's leaders work together as a team and daily keep the centers they support in the forefront of their decisions.

Top heavy

This company gives no support to the ground level They want you to keep the machine running with no funding nor support for necessities they hire administrators to operate buildings that only have bonus on mind hence no money for basic items most of the time

Not for good to employees

Most unorganized company I've ever seen, management never has an answer for any of your questions and never gets back with you, no way to build a future with this company because they increase their insurance rates every year by at least $100 a month, no communication on policies but you get reprimanded if you don't know them. Not enough equipment to do basic job requirement skills.ect

Pros

Some discounts on cell phone service

Cons

Lucky if you can even get a lunch break very understaffed

gulf coast health care company

This company definitely has room for growth. The hardest part of this job was trying to get people to accept you for who you are and allow you to speak freely.

Fun working environment

Rosewood has great managers and a great family fun working environment. They offer great customer services to employees, families, vendors, and visitors.

Fun workplace with many employee activities

Gulf Coast Healthcare is a professional environment that lives up to their motto: People with Passion People with Purpose. Their teamwork approach provides excellent service for their clients and a high morale for their employees.

Pros

Employee food and entertainment is provided on a weekly basis.

Cons

There are no cons

OK place to work

I liked working there. Nice co-workers. Nice boss. Clean facility. Nice residents. Nothing else to say. Would recommend working here to other people.

Pros

Free lunches

Stressful,

If you are not in the click.....You don't need to work here. It's different rules for different people. Favortism is obvious. Job positions are not posted. They put who they want in positions. Pay is great!

Pros

Pay

Cons

Short staff, Favortism

It's ok

It's a ok place to work . Pay is good manangement not so great . And that's about all. The scheduling is not good if you have loved ones . Not that many weekends off a month

Cooked for 120 People

I really liked my job at that facility, its a rewarding thing to know 120 older people like the food they are offered and are eating well. I did not like the other employees due to favoritism. .

Pros

Rewarding

Cons

Other employees

Not a bad place to work

I hated the fact that I got terminated after filing a grievance against another Favorited employee. Other than that not a bad place to work.

Common questions about Rosewood Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center

Answered by current and former employees at Rosewood Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rosewood Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits