Rosewood Hotels and Resorts Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Great Job
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 13, 2018
great Work environment. People are friendly...... Pay could be better for such beautiful hotel........

Great food. Great staff........ great management.......
Unique hospitality environment
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 24, 2018
Most with hospitality experience can tolerate working there, Experience depends on department, manager and ability to tolerate environment. Nice location but needs onboarding process
Buen lugar
Lead Cook (Former Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAMarch 5, 2018
Es nuen lugar para trabajar confortable y preciso para crecer profesionalmente
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 26, 2018
I love Carlyle with all my heart. I never thought there are place like Carlyle.... is a place like home... manyare the best ever... they welcome beautiful and make sure you are happy we’re you are. You have the opportunity to learn any departments and to improve in your careers. They make sure you have all the tools you needed.
Pros
Free lunch and breakfast and dinner
Cons
One hours for brake
Great Place to work while going to school
Lounge Server (Current Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAJanuary 31, 2018
I have enjoyed my time there because I met so many people not only the employees but the customers there are really nice and will remember you everytime they come back to visit.
Pros
free food for employees to enjoy
Cons
closes at 2 and reopens at 4-8
enjoying work and fun with our team
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  in hotelJanuary 31, 2018
i learned important of time and management excellent and workplace culture like a family and hardest part of the job other work and the most enjoyable part of the job housekeeping as a room attendent
fun work place
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  al maryah islandDecember 7, 2017
We are passionately interested and involved in the world around us and all those who cross our paths. We reach out to guests and each other with sincerity, warmth and joy. We believe that each life is made of many journeys - inspiration, wonderment, commerce, curiosity, or the simple joy of discovering something new everyday. Joining Rosewood is not just joining a company, but a culture. An enrichment culture where one is inspired to look at life as a living canvas of limitless possibilities. A culture where we are impassioned to create indelible memories each and every day, for ourselves, for each other and for our guests. If you are Intuitive, Refined and Engaging, we treat each other with the love of an extended family.
Pros
free lunch and dinner
Cons
Would like to see more opportunity for growth
Lead host/Server (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, DCDecember 1, 2017
Its an okay place to work. They pay pretty well, but there is not that much opportunity for promotion. Great co-workers, Everyone gets along and helps each other out for the most part.
Bad Management
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Menlo Park, CASeptember 18, 2017
Irresponsible management, a lot of blame goes around rather solve the issue.Poor training and guidance. Play Politics. Top manager encourages to accept criticism for improvement BUT lower management indirectly retaliated for speaking up. Low pay considered nature of the work. Micromanagement.
Pros
free food
Cons
low pay, commute far, etc
Great place to learn and experience high profile clientele
Security Officer & Multi-Department Assistant (Former Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAJuly 16, 2017
The hotel brought me in with open arms and was very patient with my progress as an employee.

I learned various life and business skills I could not have otherwise learned in other environments.
Nice benefit
butler (Former Employee) –  Al maryah islandJune 15, 2017
I have been working at Rosewood Hotels & Resorts full-time (More than a year)
Pros
I have been working for Rosewood Abu Dhabi a little over a year now. What drew me to Rosewood Hotels and Resorts and the property was the essence of the brand and the passion for nurturing relationships reflected on the website. To date, I have not been disappointed! The associates are passionate about providing the highest level of customer service to every guest and members of the leadership team are also committed to providing a positive culture through training, teamwork and having fun. This in turns allows for an environment where associates feel like they are part of a family. It has been a pleasure to work for an organization that values people, personal growth and development and allows me the opportunity to work alongside associates who continue the tradition of service and excellence this property is known for.
Great company to work for
Sales (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 24, 2017
A great company to work for. It is growing by leaps and bounds and lives up to its Luxury Brand status. An amazing group of unique properties with more to come.
Working for rosewood little dix bay
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  VALLEY, VIRGIN GORDAugust 9, 2016
Little dix bay is a beautiful property, an excellent place to work, I enjoy what I dId and I miss working with my fellow associates, but the closure was a much needed one, as the hotel need to be upgraded. I worked with some very good associates, and I enjoyed what I did. Some days was very hectic especially when you have 40-50 rooms arriving one day, but I loved the challenge and miss it very much.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not enough tools for associates to work with
Good Company to work for and lots of friendly people.
Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 26, 2016
I find that no matter what day it is I always find ways to keep busy and the work day goes by fairly quickly. I find that I use my experience and skills to make a difference.
Stable private company with long term goals.
Director of Crescent Club (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 25, 2016
Great property and team, high volume food and beverage operation with a lot of potential for growth. Great opportunity to learn about a broad range of different specialties’ within hospitality management.
Pros
Great opportunities, good benefits, high profile people.
Cons
Expanding Company, Need for Structure
Great International Ultra Luxury Hotel Brand
Area Director of Finance (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 25, 2016
Loved working for Rosewood. Unfortunately my home property is selling and domestic opportunities with Rosewood are limited so I am looking for a new opportunity.
Pros
Great benefits and product
Cons
Work Life balance a bit out of balance
Fun place to work, laid back and very understanding with family issues.
Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 6, 2016
Fun & Friendly place to work environment. Rosewood is a Family friendly company. Management treated you as an adult not looking over you shoulder.
Execllent work place were you can grow and achieve your goals
Guest Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  NassauMarch 2, 2016
Roeswood is a great hotel and it offers lots off jobs and oppurnitys to you and others. Rosewood is family oriented and also kind friendly its a very great place to work. Rosewood cares about they're employess and guest.
Pros
cares about employees
Cons
Short beaks and health care
Rosewood
Valet/Bellmen (Former Employee) –  Menlo Park, CANovember 11, 2015
free employee meals are a nice benefit. also travel comps. the upper management is out of touch with the employees. that is all that i have to say indeed
Fun working environment
Manager in Training (MIT) (Former Employee) –  San Martin, CASeptember 4, 2015
Working with CordeValle, a Rosewood resort, I've learned a lot about customer service. CordeValle not just provides the best facilities but also an unforgettable experience by building a heart-to-heart relationship with our guests. I've learned to provide service for guests from different backgrounds, different cultures and speak different languages. I learned to provide a service not just satisfy the needs but a service that is more than guest's expectation especially most of them are very experienced travellers. The working experience with CordeValle helped me to developed my work skills.