Ross Dress For Less Employee Reviews

Found 9,331 reviews matching the search See all 9,355 reviews
fun work place & great employees
Night Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Tamuning, GUSeptember 19, 2018
I would love to go back and work with ross some day. I love the people we work with, the fast pace & time is what keeps me excited because for me knowing that your time to do something it makes you motivated to try to beat your time schedule
Pros
discount
Cons
no health benefits for part time
Would Have Been Better at a Different Location
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 18, 2018
While working here I worked the nightshift, which always ended at 2am. It was really rough balancing working 6pm-2am and trying to spend time with my husband that works 6am-4pm. I was also in a leadership position while at starting pay. I was only part time getting scheduled almost full time hours. Managers weren't professional and slandered my name on multiple occasions. The only pro I have was the pay; $14/hr in Waikiki, Hawaii.
Pros
Pay was good, mandatory breaks
Cons
Managers weren't professional, money hungry, open long hours
Enjoyable work environment
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKSeptember 18, 2018
Always kept busy
had many interesting different interactions daily
got to do various types of work in different spots in store
relaxed didn't really have problems with coworkers
Pros
environment
Cons
n/a
Fun and Fast Paced
retail associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 18, 2018
It's not bad at all! Fast paced, and quick, but overall, my experience so far has been good. Friendly staff, and I've learned how to deal with all kinds of customers.
Productive and fun work environment
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Roseburg, ORSeptember 17, 2018
You get 20 % off when you work there , so that's cool. They should try to give more hours, but its understandable because its just part-time, and seasonal.
entry level job
Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Castro Valley, CASeptember 17, 2018
clean. ring up and handle customer service. organize. unpack. flex the store. work place culture was awful. manage, supervise and lead employees. clean
LAck of Manageement Skills
Stock Team and Sales Floor Associate TEMPORARY (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXSeptember 17, 2018
Work wasx Fast paced and competitive. I learned ghow to do my jobs quickly and was one of the best employees on my team. Everyday the managers of store would do a speech about how all temp employees would be fired if not productive at the end of temp season, and how everyone has to follow the impossible company standards. I was let go as temporary since they put me in so many hours I got overtime and because I was too expensive I got let go.
Being a people person, it's great. love to help the cutomers with ideas, whether there decorationg, or buying an outfit lov to give my input when aske
Fitting room attendant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 17, 2018
Love to help customers when asked about and item or color that may be purchased, love to give my input and ideas. working in the fitting room can be a challenge at times, also the fitting room attendant duty is to open the restroom door by pushing a button on the wall, so this is done many times a day which can be a headache also answering the phone is a task as well. the fitting room attendant also wears a headset, and communicates with security as well as manager and cashiers staying alert for suspected shoplifters.
Pros
good items at a discount
Cons
store gets really messy
Fun place to work
Stock Room Manager/Relief Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WASeptember 17, 2018
Fun place to work with a diverse group of people. Advancement opportunities for individuals with open availability only. Education opportunities available.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Work holidays/ late hours
Great for students
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Huntington Park, CASeptember 16, 2018
Working at Ross is okay, nothing too special. One thing I enjoyed about Ross is that employees always have the opportunity to grow in the business. The one downside was managements communication.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Great co-workers
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GASeptember 16, 2018
Great place to work. Friiendly workers and flexible hours just not enough hoursbper week. Comfortable atmosphere and opportunity is great. A great company.
Pros
Flexible and great discount
Cons
Not enough hours
not enough on payroll
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  La Habra, CASeptember 16, 2018
i usually work 2 days a week, sometimes i get cut off for the day because of the payroll. Also very tiring, dealing with all kinds of people. and consistantly being everywhere in the store.
Pros
associate discount
Cons
little hours
heavy use of the hiring agency
Unit ID (Former Employee) –  Paris, CASeptember 15, 2018
they never hire on the temps and they pay the temps way less than the company employees the pace isn't too bad there standard pretty strict on their policies
un buen ambiente de trabajo
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 15, 2018
el ambiente es excelente mis companeros de trabajo son muy colaboradores
casi todos hablamos espanol y asi es mas facil el trabajo para los que no dominamos ese idioma al 100%
Didn't like to work here
Cashier Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDSeptember 15, 2018
I would not recommend to anybody to work here.
The work here is routine and boring. There is no sense of permanence and confidence. Lack of growth prospects.
Nice calm settings
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 14, 2018
Good place if you're looking to make extra cash without the extra Stress. However, I would not reccomend Working at Ross if you're looking for a full-time job, its usually 20 hours or less a week for team members.
Great teamwork and a fun place to work
Associate (Former Employee) –  Helena, MTSeptember 14, 2018
It is a great place to work, it was always organized and clean. I learned a lot about the company and it made me work hard. Ross taught me what it means to earn something for myself
The worst
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLSeptember 14, 2018
The worst job I've ever had. Never had good hours. Manager was very racist an rude. Never gave us a full lunch break or any breaks. I will never work at ross again.
Would be a better place to work if management was better
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atascocita, TXSeptember 14, 2018
Started as a seasonal part time stock room associate then was asked to stay after the holidays. At first I was getting at least 3 to 4 days a week and only getting called in maybe once every other week. Then I only started getting scheduled only once or twice every 2 weeks. There were several weeks when I wasn’t even scheduled! I had to find a 2nd job just so I could have hours. Then when I would work and they would ask me to stay late, I would tell them I couldn’t because of my other job and they would get annoyed with me,or they get mad because I didn’t answer when they’d call me to come in because I was at my other job and couldn’t answer the phone. It was the final straw when I hadn’t been scheduled for 3 weeks in a row and I get a voicemail from the stockroom manager asking why I hadn’t been around? Well how about because I’m never scheduled! And then she had the nerve to say that if she hadn’t heard back from me that they would have to fire me for job abandonment! At that point I was so beyond done with them that I didn’t even care to argue with her about it. They are always understaffed and will continue to be that way if they keep scheduling the way they do. You fix that and maybe they’ll be able to keep employees
Pros
Discount
Cons
No hours
Great First Job
Retail/Sales Associate & Loss Prevention (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WASeptember 14, 2018
I had a fun time meeting new people here and it was a great first job. The managers are really nice and they are very understanding of situations. The other associates are really nice and welcoming. The peak time is crazy busy. Also, a lot of customers get angry because of how long the lines get but the store is kinda small.
Pros
Great people and helpful staff
Cons
Theft at night mostly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ross Dress For Less. Our community is ready to answer.

52.5K

2.8InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight