Ross Dress For Less Employee Reviews

Friendly work environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Clermont, FLJuly 18, 2018
Ross is a good place to work, I started in 2015 & was looking for a new job because I’m in college right now and studying to become a nurse. This job is a step to my future.
Cons
Healthcare
Flexible Schedule
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJuly 18, 2018
I enjoy that Ross lets me have a flexible schedule. I do not like that the company will work you hard for a couple of weeks and then call you off a week later. There are no consistent hours that can be counted on to work. They hire a lot of new people and then drop hours. I was scheduled for just 3.75 hours one week.
Productive and fun place to work
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJuly 18, 2018
I enjoyed my job and my crew. We worked hard but had fun. Time went by quickly and we always got the job done. I enjoyed the employee discount program as well.
Pros
positive environment
Cons
no payroll
Great coworkers who are helpful.
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 18, 2018
It is a great place to work. The hours are very flexible. My coworkers are very nice and funny. They are very helpful and supportive. It can get pretty busy, so you have to be fast.
stressful
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 17, 2018
inconsistent work hour
poor management
Corporate really did not care about the employees
unrealistic goals set that didn't match the productivity at hand
Pros
discounts
Cons
high healthcare and poor management
Slow and stressful workplace
Sales Floor Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 17, 2018
There was always drama and the manager at the time would have emotional swings. One day she would be mad at you for no reason other days you were her favorite employee
Functional and productive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLJuly 17, 2018
Assist customers helping with merchandise and answering questions. Perform daily markdowns, and cycle counts of inventory as scheduled. Handle various forms of payment processing. Cash draw accuracy. Maintain outstanding customer service. Process sales quickly, accurately, and efficiently
Great First time job
Front End Associate (Former Employee) –  Yulee, FLJuly 17, 2018
Starting your day as front end cashier is awesome as a first time job. Simple till instructions, easy way to learn cashier responsibilities. Basic people skills are needed, and very achievable with respect and enthusiasm. Moderately fast paced position, hardest part would be handling escalated situations with respect and remaining calm. Most enjoyable part would be the learning aspect and the return of everyday customers. Management comes and goes, some are good and some are bad. But its not up to you who manages you so as long as you remain a dependable and efficient employee who follows the rules then the manager should only guide you with everyday tasks not make your employment there a bad experience.
Pros
experience
Cons
pay is low and no benefits
ross
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCJuly 17, 2018
i loved everything about it. My first 2 months I got prompted to be a supervisor. I was only 19 at the time. I trained new employees, I even controlled when they take there break.
ross
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Perris, CAJuly 17, 2018
it is not a good paying but its an okay job to get you around. some overtime which was good .the 3rd shift is good if your looking for a part time job
Fast-paced work environment with some benefits.
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAJuly 16, 2018
Its hard to put everyone in a position for success and happiness when it is such a fast-paced store. There are ways to show appreciation for all but most strategies are not allowed with the amount of work given and necessary to maintain a nice store with good sales.
Pros
If you're full-time there are lots of benefit options that are the cheapest ones, but stock options is the best.
Cons
It's retail...
Not a bad first job
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLJuly 16, 2018
This was my first job but it really helped me learn about organization, work ethic and cleanliness. It really helped me for my later jobs. I do appreciate everything I've learned from them.
Very understanding
Stocker and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, CAJuly 16, 2018
Very understanding , but could ask for things that arent in job description and even if you do it they will expect you to do everytimes with less time afte
Pros
Luches
Cons
Expecting more everytime
It has its ups and downs
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJuly 16, 2018
Coworkers are team are great! as for hours and benefits, i wouldnt suggest you work there as your main job. They dont offer full time, they make you have open availability on weekends which doesnt work for some people.
Productive and fun workplace
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLJuly 16, 2018
Ross allows employees to gain customer service experience along with teaching others to collaborate as a team in order to comply with the standards of running a department store.
Pros
Family enviornment
Cons
not challenging enough
Ross
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTJuly 16, 2018
working at Ross was a good time, I really liked my managers. They seemed to really care about us, the employee discount was nice, and two times a year they gave us even better discounts, they also provide us each a locker for our personal belongings, had a break room to eat in, and had a fridge. Overall was a nice experience.
Pros
made sure we got our breaks
This company had poor managers and hiring practices.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXJuly 16, 2018
The store hired people with the expectations that they would rehire. Too much turnover, not interested in paying people to stay. Staff that came to work faithfully was never recognized and those who were courted for Assistant Management was often recognized and then given discipline actions.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
Staff turnover.
A fast paste invirmoent with wonderful employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJuly 16, 2018
A typical day at Ross was running the sales floor as well as the cash registers , learning how to security tag all merchandise and putting it up correctly.
Pros
25% off all items
Cons
Not orginized enough
Sucked
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORJuly 16, 2018
I was a stock associate. They told me that I would be learning to do customer service stuff but I worked there for 1 and a half years and barely learned to do that. When I was doing customer service they just threw me into it and didn't really train me. The store manager didn't listen to our suggestions and was constantly putting the schedule up late.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
Bad store management
Productive Fitting Room Attendant
Retail Stocker (Former Employee) –  Alabaster, ALJuly 16, 2018
I like doing the fitting room and greeting the customers and putting the clothes back in the right place intentionally. The management was fair. The hardest part was standing on my feet. I enjoyed this job but it was temporary.
Pros
You just get discounts on items.
Cons
You get a thirty minutes break and a 15 minutes break.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ross Dress For Less. Our community is ready to answer.

52.4K
42.5K
32.4K

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

62out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Ross Dress For Less.