Ross Dress For Less Employee Reviews

Found 9,668 reviews matching the search See all 9,694 reviews
Fun place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDNovember 20, 2018
Good Benefits for those willing to put the effort and time in soft line retail establishment. Company is willing to pay overtime for those dedicated staff members who are willing to in the overtime.
Pros
discounts on clothes
Cons
Productive and fun work place
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 20, 2018
Ross Dress For Less has fought me how to deal with the general public and has brought me to speak to people I don't know. Being a cashier made me learns how to help people I didn't previously know.
Pros
Half hour for lunch, employ of the moth
Cons
Only one cashier usually (stressful)
Very productive work place and very good people to work with.
Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CONovember 20, 2018
I enjoyed working for this company everyone was friendly and i enjoyed dealing with the customers. The Management was always good at training all the employees. I liked the fact that i was always busy and their was no lag time.
Loved the customers.
Associate (Former Employee) –  North Myrtle Beach, SCNovember 20, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job were the customers and working with other associates. Hardest part of the job was too many Chiefs and not enough Indians. Time constraints are rarely obtainable.
Decent first retail experience
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 20, 2018
I worked at two different locations for Ross. The first one had great management and a friendly atmosphere. Very flexible and accommodating, great first retail part-time job. Unfortunately the same can't be said for the second store's experience. Friendly co-workers and management, but poor work ethic and unreliable management. Like most chain stores, a lot of it is dependent on the personal staff working there. But I would still recommend it, if just for it's flexibility and simplicity.
Pros
Flexibility, laid-back environment
Cons
You have to hope the best for the kind of staff you're working with
Pay for Less
Part time Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Taylorsville, UT 84123November 19, 2018
Management is very nice but even though we got extra raise this year pay still pretty low and corporate office is always requesting to cut payroll so the store is always short staff and you got paid less.
Summary for Ross
Cashier, Loss Prevention, Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 19, 2018
I appreciated my 3+ years at Ross. I liked how my managers were able to work with my school and work schedule. I have recommenced Ross to family and friends.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Holiday hours
friendly, great job
associate (Current Employee) –  Vernal, UTNovember 19, 2018
It wasn't a bad job I just had to relocate so I was forced to quit. The people are okay but they are just lazy so not a lot of work got done and some of the managers were not good.
My experience
Area Supervisor / Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  VirginiaNovember 19, 2018
I applied on a random note. My work was recognized immediately and I went from Floor Associate, to Store Security, to a Manager. It is a great place to master several skills.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Short unpaid breaks
Would not recommend
Associate Buyer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 19, 2018
I have been working at Ross Stores full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company is doing well financially.

Cons

Not a great work environment.
Upper management is not transparent and breaks down employees rather than building them up.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXNovember 19, 2018
Fast workplace and constant cleaning and organizing. Learned that no matter how much you tidy up you'll never finish. Management is great, they encourage you to move up and push you in doing better. Hardest part is seeing how careless and ugly most people are, but at the end of the day enjoying that you get to go home with your monsters and relax.
Pros
Fun and encouraging in making yourself better
Cons
cleaning up after others
Fun and active environment
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  El PasoNovember 19, 2018
Management is very organized, as a new employee you are very well trained,
Pros
The pay is very good.
Cons
They were currently offerng part-time jobs only.
Fun place
Seasonal job opportunity (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WINovember 19, 2018
The people at Ross are great, you get a discount, you and you can meet friends that will help you because any time I needed help getting home ppl always offered
lots of work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJNovember 18, 2018
Working for Ross need to know from customer services, to cashier, or stockroom. Its a very friendly place to work but sometimes managers can be very rude.
Fun work place
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CANovember 18, 2018
Ross dress for less is a great place to work at.You can learn many qualities for working in customer service. Many people there are very helpful and you are always treated with kindness and respect.
Pros
Helpful cowrkers
Cons
Sometimes rude people
Great part time job for parents
Sales Associate Ross Dress for Less (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 18, 2018
You can work hours around your kids school schedules. Many women like working here to get discounts on merchandise, You have to constantly be moving to keep merchandise arranged properly, return merchadise tried on in fitting rooms to floor, prevent shoplifters, and checkout customers on the registers.
Pros
merchandise discounts, flexible schedules
Cons
timed on how quick you checkout customers in line, lots of merchandise to keep straightened
Money is not everything
Buyer I (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 17, 2018
Pros
Great benefits and compensation. Strong company performance. Good bonus. Good office location.

Cons
Catty. Favoritism out of control. Unprofessional management. Top heavy. DMM’s are dime a dozen. Gossipy. Competence is not rewarded, sycophancy is. Extreme Paranoia. Constantly have to watch your back. Can’t trust anyone.
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
Everything else
Young Managers like to micromanage
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Geneva, ILNovember 17, 2018
I was working for Ross as a seasonal part time employee. Figured I'd pick up extra cash for the holiday season. However, the managers made it increasingly impossible to enjoy your job. As soon as I clock into work. They're repeatedly telling me to clean up a certain section of the store. Keep in mind, I'm already working on a section but they're breathing down your throat to ensure you're being productive. Very young managers that don't have a clue about fairly treating their employees as human beings. Finally I had enough of the micromanaging. I already have a full time job and coming into Ross makes the first gig feel like a cake walk. I HIGHLY suggest finding a p/t job elsewhere.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Micromanaging, favortism
overall fast pace job
retail sales associate (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 16, 2018
Ross store wise is a great place I just feel the associates aren't respected or rewarded for what they put up with from customers, the management team focuses on who's telling on someone rather than fixing issues
Pros
work environment is ok
Cons
poor management
Extreme over processed corporate nonsense. Horrid Management
Loss Prevention Agent/ Stock Room Associate (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 16, 2018
Very disappointing, they promise the moon and stars, insane, robotic, cyclical, redundant processes. Poor critical thinking management. Cutthroat, Warpath Management. Favoritism, arbitrary, biased and sexist views. It took me two and a half months to get hired, was hired for one position with pay rate and employment, only to be robbed of this position and sidelined due to biased management attempting to deter me from being hired.
Pros
Neat store from a customer POV
Cons
I felt very scrutinized for my sex. It is a female dominated company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ross Dress For Less. Our community is ready to answer.

52.5K

2.8InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight