Ross Dress For Less Employee Reviews

32.3K
Found 8,549 reviews matching the search See all 8,572 reviews
great experience
Stock Broker (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXMay 19, 2018
loved the job it was only the management that was a con for me at the time when i was working there but a typical day in the stock room was fun and hard and sweaty
Pros
partys
Cons
hours, being paid every two weeks
Very fast-paced work environment, enjoy working with such A diverse community.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORMay 18, 2018
Ross Dress For Less is indeed one of the best bargain stores out there for everybody. Nobody is left behind including bargain items for your fur pets! Love working with people and seeing their smiles when their experiencing their, (what I like to call), Retail Therapy. Working at Ross is an enjoyable place the staff including all management are kind, courteous and very helpful. I'm glad I am A current employee. Not to mention great benefits are offered.
Pros
Great deals, Great Staff
Cons
Need more Employees
retail
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mira Mesa, CAMay 18, 2018
checking email see any planograms can from corp. walk the floor what is the recovery looks like and what product needs to be filled. then talk to my department manager see whats going on for the day
Employee discount is the best
FRONT END SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Bell Gardens, CAMay 18, 2018
It was okay working there it would just sometimes get to busy and management would suck. Working at ross teaches you a lot about patience. Working there you have to be at a fast pace and there’s always something to do.
productive and face paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 18, 2018
This job was very fast paced since I was in a stockroom position and very physical. There was a lot of team work and the managers always made sure that we all felt valued and worked with you whenever you had concerns.
Fun Place to work
Store Protection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Casselberry, FLMay 17, 2018
I loved my time at Ross mainly because of the people around me including my manager she was awesome. As an SPS I was in contact with everyone in the store and I never had a problem with anyone in the 3 years I worked there.
Pros
great people
Cons
not the best pay
good part time job
Stock Team Associate (Current Employee) –  Montebello, CAMay 17, 2018
an o.k. place to work, while looking for a full time job. no benefits, no room for advancement.max hours per week 20 hours, micro managed, but a job is a job until you find the right job.
Worked in the stock room
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILMay 17, 2018
I worked in the stockroom at 5 A.M. about 100+ cartons. pay was minimum. Applied hardtags for about 7-8 hours. We had low staff. We had about 2 managers total. People would not show up to work or call in and they would not get introuble for it.
Pros
Discount
Cons
low pay, not enough people working, messy store
Good environment, good people.
Ross Associate (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 17, 2018
Great place to work short hours. Very accommodating to schedules with children in school. Manager is always trying to make work simple and easy to learn new things that change.
Pros
Every two months we get rewarded for being safe!
Cons
Long hours standing 😊
Easy
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXMay 17, 2018
Working at Ross was easy, I was a stocker I had to be at work from 10:30 am to whenever we were finished with the truck. Some days were easy and very rare we got long days.
good
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 17, 2018
A great place to work friendly
you will learn a lot
good benefits nice people
it a good career to grow in learn from
you will learn how to work in the stockroom
very slow paced
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCMay 17, 2018
a typical day at work will consist of putting away inventory or counting drawers for cashiers. The most important thing I learned while working here is that you have to be willing to help customers find exactly what their looking for. the hardest part of this job was counting inventory. the most enjoyable part of this job was the customers
nice place to work for
assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMay 17, 2018
very nice environment to work for.Its busy for most of the time and that's why time goes very fast. its nice to work with customers who can be challenge at the time.
Friendly coworkers
Stock Crew (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMay 17, 2018
Love the rush to get things done. Always had at least one or two co-workers offering to get Starbucks. Always had a great time putting our things together and putting away.
Pros
Awesome coworkers
Cons
Low pay
Fun job but you won't get rich
Front-End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCMay 16, 2018
I worked at Ross for 2 years as a Front-End Supervisor. I loved the position I was in at the front of the house, ensuring work-flow and interacting with customers. My managers were great and really made you feel like an important part of the team
Ross encourages excellence with the use of "star" cards and employee of the month recognition.
The hours were flexible and I was able to pretty much set my schedule.
Pros
rewarded for going above and beyond, flexible schedules, fun environment
Cons
very low pay, open really late during holidays
I recommend
Put To Voice Splitter (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCMay 16, 2018
I recommend this company because they consider your needs and accommodate you in any way possible. I also like 1st shift and they let you work overtime up to 10 hours.
n/a
Cashier/Customer Service, Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 16, 2018
notmuch to say about this company they don't care about their employees. there is not much room for advancement, management is very poor. would not recommend
Pros
na
Cons
n/a
hi
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCMay 16, 2018
I think that Ross Department store should let there employees know before they hire them that they all work have to work at a fast speed, before trying to fire them.
Decent for temporary job
Sales Associate/Front-End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAMay 16, 2018
Management always asks too much in limited amount of time and even more limited staff. Customers tend to disrespect the store as a whole. Physically demanding. The only pro was muscle-gain from tasks.
Ross management needs work.
Associate (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 16, 2018
Working at Ross is very stressful because of how the managers deal with us. Definitely not in a polite nor ideal manner. My coworkers and I are always very stressed.
Cons
barely get breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ross Dress For Less. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

62out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Ross Dress For Less.

Powered by Comparably