Ross Dress For Less Employee Reviews

Found 9,988 reviews matching the search See all 10,016 reviews
Fast paced retail environment with friendly coworkers
ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Albany, ORJanuary 22, 2019
While working there was fun for a while, it wasn't giving me enough hours. It was a very clean and organized store with a really relaxed environment I would spend my time checking out people in the back and interacting with customers along with stocking products and organizing dresses and shoes. The hardest part would probably be managing time between go backs and checkouts. But the best times were when I got to interact with the people.
Pros
Friendly team, nice manager, great customer service
Cons
No advancement, not enough hours
no hours like before coz the budget is very low befor worked mor than 45 hours for part time
Ross Associate (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 22, 2019
no hours like before coz the budget is very low
befor worked mor than 45 hours for part time

no hours
now its 10-15 hours for part time

nothing more
Pros
discount
Cons
no hours
Nothing further to add
Assistant to the Regional Vice President (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 22, 2019
Nothing more to add to this review at this time. It is NOT the worst place to work, by a long shot. There is nothing else that I can add at this time.
productive and fun, i love it.
Night Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Tamuning, GUJanuary 22, 2019
i loved working at ross. i want to go back already, i miss it. I loved my job, i loved the Managers , & my coworkers! There wasnt any negative vibes there. i Really want to go back.
good work place
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 21, 2019
the work place was fun. they had understanding managers. they taught you a lot about retail, the hard part was standing for a long period of time when the store was busy but other then that good place to work
Being a Store Manager is demanding
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Marin City, CAJanuary 21, 2019
Ross is a very competitive environment. As a manager, you are evaluated based on metrics that are visible to the entire district. The hours are long, and days off were few and far between.
Don’t do it
Store Protection Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 21, 2019
Poor management. Disrespectful managers. They expect a lot from you but will never give you a raise or a praise for your job. It’s a very stressful work environment for SPS when they are supposed to keep a safe and secure environment but are hands off. I saw people who worked there for more than 15 years get fired for absolutely no valid reason. I witnessed employees being ridiculed by managers on the floor and janitors being yelled at by racist managers.
Pros
SPS team is very close. You make friends
Cons
Management/ work environment
okay place to work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Perris, CAJanuary 21, 2019
it was okay at times busy and at times very slow. supervisors were friendly. provided me with training. sometimes lunches were free, paid training overall a good environment to work in
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
nothing to be said
fragile marker (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJanuary 21, 2019
was a nice place to work, hours were just long and not worth the pay... i will never go back there. only because you only get options that arent worth it
first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJanuary 21, 2019
It wasn't terrible for a first job but I did not feel welcome as an employee, nor did I feel I was trained well. Everyone was on edge all the time. Not a good work environment.
Typical retail job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  State College, PAJanuary 21, 2019
It is a typical retail job where you will work in the differing departments throughout the store. Nothing majorly good or bad and pay is decent for what you're doing.
It is a lousy place to work.
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJanuary 21, 2019
there is no room for advancement and it is way too stressful for what little pay there is. the co-workers are friendly enough, especially if you speak their language.
Don’t work too hard’ it doesn’t pay off.
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAJanuary 21, 2019
I was let go mid Janurary. The asst store manager didn’t tell me it was my last day she left it up to a supervisor to do so and she caught me on my way out the door to sign for my last pay. I was told I should consider coming back next season because I was a lot of help. I hustled and did everything I could to do what they asked me to do. I think I was the only new hire cashier that got the line down. I’m sure it had to show by the night totals. That’s another thing that was strange about the job is that cashiers couldn’t count there drawers in or out. I had no idea what I started with or finished with. To sum it all up don’t work too hard instead direct your attention towards getting to know the management on a personal level. It seems that’s what made the job a permanate one. There are many things about this job that were odd. I don’t think I worked even one shift that I felt like it was a good day. I always was left in disbelief for something or another. Best of luck to everyone there.
Pros
Some good coworkers
Cons
Hours were everywhere
Worst company ever
RETAIL ASSOCIATE FRONT END SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJanuary 21, 2019
Lack of professional from the managers , they promote you but dont want to pay you, i was promoted to fron End Supervisor but since i was not full time i didnt get paid as a front End Supervisor, i was paid as a cashier!!!!!
Retail Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Cupertino, CAJanuary 21, 2019
Great place to work. I learned how to manage time properly by working as a cashier and on the floor. I respect the management at Ross store. all employees are nice to me. The hardest part of the job is that I have to stand throughout my working hours. the most enjoyable part of my job is to meet different kind of people every day and I love talking and helping the customers.
Fun and laid back
Ross Dress for Less (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 20, 2019
I have been employed by Ross Dress for Less since I have graduated high school back in the year 2014, and I absolutely love them overall. I also love the discounts.
Great temporary job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 20, 2019
Ross was a great place to work while I was in school. I only worked weekends and I was able to lower my hours once I got closer to leaving for school.
RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE, CASHIER, STOCKER (Current Employee) –  Sherman, TXJanuary 20, 2019
I personally love working at Ross. The employees are hard working, very nice, and respectful to their coworkers and customers. The management team works along side their employees so that nobody is left behind.
Pros
20% discount, multiple scheduled breaks
Cons
Not many hours immediately after Christmas
if you need a job this job is not bad
inductor (Former Employee) –  Perris, CAJanuary 19, 2019
I wish ross would up there pay also they could use more hours
and if you are not really a night person do not take 3rd shift
on the other hand people there are very nice
Recommended for first-time workers
Asset Protection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAJanuary 19, 2019
Fair environment, good administration when I had left, and allowed for career advancement while working. Went from an entry level position to asset protection specialist in less than six months. Just remember to work hard, come to work clean, and have a positive attitude!
Pros
Wonderful work environment, employee discounts!
Benefits???

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ross Dress For Less. Our community is ready to answer.

52.6K

2.8InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight