Work wellbeing score is 67 out of 100

2.8Pay & Benefits

Found 4,479 reviews matching the searchSee all 16,955 reviews
storediscountassociateretailcashierfittingstockmerchandise

Adequate first job

6-8 hours spent standing at a door greeting people and saying "have a nice day." Very rarely was it required of me to actually stop or intervene in a theft.

Pros

decent hours, adequate pay

Cons

not a very stimulating job

Decent

It's usually fine. Going up when starting on the lower side is a bit of a scam because you don't get paid what you're supposed to because it's such a big increase in pay.

Ross Dress For Less insights

Based on 9,761 survey responses
What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction

Stressful!

You get paid the minimum and you are being timed while at the register. Every Monday the manager comes out with a list of who needs to improve and be faster.Also get used to costumers come up to you to complain about the long lines, like if it's your fault! If you ever ask for more hours expect them to tell you there isn't extra hours! You will only get them if someone doesn't show up.

Good

Good first job as a teen. The hours were very flexible, I only left because the work environment wasn't very safe where I was located. Job is very solid with decent pay.

Productive and Busy

Typically there are so many callouts within a week, always understaffed so no one can cover you. Working here for 7 months now I've learned that Ross is a good place to shop and not work. Ross will work you to the bone and pay you so little, give you .50 raises as if inflation isn't killing everyone. I've learned that Ross is selfish and cheap, they will sometimes throw little "parties" to celebrate employees however no one feels appreciated. Ross speaks on diversity yet in my location they're isn't any, there's sexism and higher management tries to intimidate employées when they ask questions about serious issues. What I enjoyed the most was the sales floor associates and sps they really made it bearable to work at Ross. Since I particularly do not like working at Ross at all. I deteste it with a passion however I have to maintain my life and I'm sinking but atleast I'm not drowning.

Pros

Salesforce associates personalities & sps personalities

Cons

Healthcare, stock, higher management, wages

A lot of work for not enough pay

The customers of Ross are rude, messy, and entitled. Upper management (not in store) expect every employee to be a super human with insane expectations. Everything is timed. They want you to call the next customer while your current customer inserts their card or hands you cash. Customer service is important but they want you to rush them away. The stock team is overworked, managers aren't allowed to help with truck. Payroll can't afford to pay full time employees full time hours. Ross used to pay a dollar over minimum, my location fell back to only paying minimum (13/hr) after 2022. Christmas bonuses have gone extinct and even the manager bonuses as well. Instead of giving bonuses they threw a big party, all expenses paid for for store managers and upper management in Las Vegas in 2023.

Pros

Employee discount, seeing new things everyday

Cons

Low pay, extreme expectations, disrespectful customers, open til midnight during the holidays, no work life balance for managers, constant hour cuts

Sucky pay for requirements

It’s an easy job they just expect so much for average pay . Management has a lot of favorites, and they like to blame the stock team for everything that goes wrong in the whole store.

A great place for part time work

I’ve worked at several Ross stores and they have always been very flexible about my schedules and even helping me integrate into another location when I moved states. I’m my experience management was mostly competent and the hours are plentiful if you are good at your job and hitting your numbers. It’s great for a part time position, but don’t expect to get full time hours or much in the way of benefits. The discount is nice though.

Pros

Discount for DD’s Discounts and Ross Dress for Less, good management, yearly pay increases

Cons

Won’t employ anyone full time unless you are a manager, low base pay

Place is full of scummy people

They never give you hours the max they probably give you on a GOOD week is 10 hours and that’s for both weeks. Worst of all they can decide to screw you over and pay you every 3 weeks instead of 2 which happened to me I’m just getting ready to quit (they gave me 9 hours this week btw when I asked for more)

Good only for Part-time, Opportunities for growth unrealistic.

I loved working at my Ross for the first year and a half. I was part-time and worked between 10 and 30 hours a week. During the holidays I got full-time hours. And they just kept it going. They did not communicate benefits. I had to request the raise that other full-time employees got. Turnover for management was very high, and they asked me if I wanted to be an Area Supervisor. They asked five times before I said yes, then refused to give me the promotion. Management dangled it over my head as I searched for other jobs.

Pros

Decent breaks, decent communication on assignments

Cons

Poor management, Bad pay

Fun

Nice job friendly people! Good work environment, can be very busy but very rewarding. Meet a lot of new people! Live working there and pay is fair! Need more benefits

good first job

they work really well at your schedule and coworkers are really cool too and the work isn't really hard if you actually do it overall i say its not too bad

Good people low pay

It’s a good place to work, people wise, but the pay is low and it’s pretty boring. The management is really nice and caring. Made good friends there but hard to grow.

Stressful high pressure environment

Crazy goals and no incentive to achieve them. During the holidays you will be increasingly stressed and expected to work tons of overtime with no care of your mental health.

nice place to work

its a pretty easy job. management needs to be better but definitely good compared to most places. trained us properly enjoyed everyone i worked with.

Wouldn't recommend

Clearly favoritism from management. Not able to move up positions or get raises if you're not part of the clique. Super easy job, but had a catty team that felt like being back in highschool.

Fun enough to work

It is okay overall; decent pay. Fun coworkers; typical retail position with long hours low pay and hours on your feet. But it wasn’t the worst place everz

It’s okay

I liked it at first, stock is easy, but a lot of work. Overwhelming on the salesfloor because of messy customers. Always understaffed and no paid vacation unless you’re a full time manager/supervisor. Hard to get time off during the Holiday months. The pay could be better with how much other places are paying. However Its good for a first time job or temporary and coworkers are friendly.

Ok

Was ok and bad place to work for a little bit, pay was very low and the hours were low too. A good part time job but or something to hold you down till you find something else.

Good entry level retail position

Was good to work part time there, always had hours to give. Cashiering and customer service returns were usually done at the same time which was hard to do at times, especially during busy hours

Not paid enough

For the amount of work that you do they do not pay enough. You spend the whole shift running around and hardly get breaks. It is exhausting. Then after the store closes you are there another hour cleaning up. Paid too little for the amount of work you do.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ross Dress For Less. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits