Ross Education, LLC Employee Reviews

Great place to work!
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 7, 2019
I have been at Ross almost 4 years and I can't imagine working anywhere else. The feeling of satisfaction knowing you have helped these students achieve their goals is unbelievable.
The management is great as well as the other instructors who work there. We always have each others backs and they are very supportive!!
Pros
wages, co-workers
Cons
stressful
Loved loved loved my job at Ross on Knoxville
Medical Assistant Instructor (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 7, 2019
I loved it at Ross. They do not micro manage you. You are trained properly and continually being assisted in how to excel.. All staff are friendly and always ready to help you with anything. Pay is great but at this time there are only part time hours available. If you cannot stand firm and control your class room you may have an issue. The director is very friendly and down to earth. She always has a smile on her face and a wonderful attitude!! They are very helpful with anything you may need. I'm gonna miss it there when I have to leave due to personal reasons. :(
Pros
Womderful work environment
Cons
Dealing with difficult students who want everything handed to them qith out working for it.
Bad upper management makes it a hard place to work. RUN FAR AWAY
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVApril 3, 2019
I spent nearly four years with the company. When you work in admissions the company expects you to call hundreds of prospects a day over and over again. They don't care if the prospect is interested in the school or not and you are told to keep calling them because they may change their mind eventually if they aren't interested. Any time you meet with a student who doesn't enroll in to a program at the school you are yelled at and told you should have been able to get the enrollment. My co workers during my time at the school were amazing to work with, but the company itself from an upper management standpoint is just sad honestly. I would never wish for anyone to have to work at Ross Medical Education in Morgantown. They don't care about employees or show any appreciation for anything or anyone.
Pros
Paid time off, M-F schedule
Cons
stressful, bad management
Poor management-stay away
Employee (Former Employee) –  OhioMarch 21, 2019
This school brings in students that should never be entering a school like this. Many have special needs; learning disabilities; and are mentally unstable. Management says that everyone deserves an education. True, IF that education will get them something like a job one day! However, more than half these students have a felony, a domestic violence charge...etc. which will never get them a job in this field! But we are never allowed to tell them that.
The other students don’t show up for classes EVER and we are told to do whatever it takes to send them through.
Management sits together in an office allllll day long talking, playing on their phones and EATING!
Staff meetings on your time, grading on your time, inservices on your time, tutoring on your time . Factor all that in and your actual pay drops significantly. Poorly run establishment.
Cons
To much to list
Instructor
DENTAL ASSISTING INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 14, 2019
Taught students the basic Dental Assisting duties. Including but not limited to dental anesthesia, restorative procedures, lab technology, radiography.
Berated and put down daily
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 1, 2019
Mentally abusive to instructors and students. Pay does not include hours of grading papers, and endless conference calls. Instructor evaluations are demeaning. There are no positives to working for Ross.
Pros
Cons
Stressful doesn’t even come close to describing this position.
Interview for Clinton Township location
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clinton Township, MIFebruary 20, 2019
I was contact by a nice recruiter. I was finally called into the interview 2 weeks later and had an interview. I was dressed professionally but the interviews were unprofessional! They lacked courtesy and literally had me sitting in a conference room for 15 minutes. I was just going to walk out. Please don't apply to this place! You're time isn't worth it.
Cons
Get new managers!
Avoid
Educator (Former Employee) –  VirginiaFebruary 9, 2019
Avoid at all costs, corporate sponsored education. Takes full advantage of employees. This organization is only concerned about making profits, while squeezing quality of life from the position. Consideration for the students and staff is not expressed.
No fun was allowed
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 6, 2019
My immediate supervisor was awesome, I would work under him again. The office was small but full of friendly fun people, unfortunately we weren’t allowed to have fun. The CEO wasn’t friendly and not approachable, he ruled the office with an iron fist. He did not allow the office to be enjoyable or to have fun. There are others in the office that try to make the environment fun but you had to be discreet about it. The break room is open so you had to whisper so you don’t distrurb others or show signs of having fun. It was like working under the Grinch that stole Christmas with control issues.

The job itself wasn’t hard. The reps need up to date information to contact potential students, unfortunately you had to make useless phone calls to phone numbers that have been called for years. Nearly impossible to connect with someone.
Pros
Fun coworkers, job not hard and clean bathrooms
Cons
No real break room, EXTREMELY quiet, no fun allowed, CEO has no people skills and does not socialize with others
Growing
Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Kentwood, MIJanuary 22, 2019
For the position I worked, caused for continuing growth and learning. IN order to succeed you must be ready to ask questions, be willing to change, and collaborate with others.
Training and Educational
Part-Time Instructor for Anatomy and Physiology (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVJanuary 20, 2019
This provider allows for self satisfaction in teaching and mentoring students. Allows a syllabus to allow the student to be able to enter the workforce.
Horrible place to work
Regional Director of Admissions (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJanuary 16, 2019
This company is a circus run by a bunch of clowns. They could care less about their employees, integrity or acting ethically. Upper management is like one big click or gang. When you are not a part of the gang they try to come together and jump you. Their system is designed to make sure that certain team members on management stay in high position. These are the employees that will go to extreme levels of unethical behavior for a check. They will lie, cheat and steal just to sit students in seats. Majority of the students have learning disabilities and are not college material. They are still enrolled and put in debt anyway. They try to treat employees like they are slow as well. Terrible, stressful company to work for. I'm also about 100% sure that HR is the one writing any positive comments, because almost all employees leave with a negative impression.
Pros
Cons
Everything Hostile environment
Great job
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJanuary 9, 2019
This job is good for students, veterans, part time and full time, i strongly recommend to Veterans. Flexible hours, decent pay, attainable call targets. They not only treat you with respect, they care about you as an individual. Best job I have ever had.
Pros
Pay, benefits, advancement oppurtunities
Rewarding place to work
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIDecember 15, 2018
The management cares about their employees, they are not just a "number". Helpful staff, great work environment and wonderful perks. I would recommend this job to everyone, especially my military veteran brothers and sisters.
Pros
Positive management, good training, they treat employees with respect.
Cons
Didn't find this job sooner
Instructor position
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 4, 2018
No one cares about the students, it’s all so political and there is no job security at all. One day you have a job, if no students come you don’t have a job the next day. They Require all these extra conference calls and training that’s not paid for. Classroom supplies come out of your pocket, no one will reimburse you for anything extra. They treat you so terrible the atmosphere is hostile and unwelcoming. You walk in every morning and cringe, please find employment elsewhere. You’ll thank me!
Pros
The students are amazing
Cons
You get no respect, or anything
Employment
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MINovember 30, 2018
In the 10yrs I have been working this was by far the most unprofessional place ever. On my interview day the center manager wasn’t ready when I arrived and before even speaking about the job she went on a rant about the CEO. The turn over rate is horrible not only for call reps but within management as well I wasnt there a yr and had more than 4+ changes in management team and numerous of new hires that didnt last a month, as well they use a point system 6points your fired if your a min late that .5 of a point, your restroom breaks are timed, your phones are keep in a secure location and your treated like children there is little to know respect given. They require you to dial 80 calls an hour as well set appt. if u fall below you will be put on blast for eveyone to know. The management team doesnt follow policy and procedures but definitely enforce them to the highest degree. On any given day the center manager will take extended breaks to shop or simply take other managers and hangout at Sam’s Club during business hours. The higher up tend to show them self but could careless about the employees concerns only if numbers are being met. This is definitely only a stepping stone or a 2nd job options this its where you’ll have advancement opportunities, gain good work experience or have peace and harmony.
THIS IS A DRAINING PLACE SAD SAD SAD
Pros
The other reps are friendly, decent to work with, we’ve sort of united about the horrible work experience
Cons
Everything, this is a place that you must be, ambitious, determined to have better, horrible energy, example of employment will definitely effect views on call centers, working in general
Relaxed but wouldn’t recommend! ONLY GET PAID ONCE A MONTH!
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MINovember 28, 2018
I worked there about 2 months and it was very laid back. You can’t be a minute late or it’s a point! You get 6 points and your fired! YOU ONLY GET PAID ONCE A MONTH!!!!! They only care about making 80 dials a hour! TAKES FOREVER TO GET IN STARTED! Managers can do whatever they want but you have to follow policy!
Regional Managers are a joke
Representative (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVOctober 29, 2018
You're on your own here, because all they are interested in is getting your money and their numbers up so they can sell the company. Managers having affairs and think everyone is incompetent too it. They hire make up counter girls to enroll students that's never learned to alphabetize, total ignorance. Most of the staff and the director are great but the company and Managers are a joke.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Upper management
Not an inclusive environment
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  MichiganSeptember 24, 2018
I was only talked to by the students, one guy and one other lady in the Financial Aid office and the instructors were very nice. My job description was not fully explained to me in reference to what I was and was not allowed to do when I was hired or I might have stayed on with the company, but after being told when the Director my boss was gone I was not allowed to take a lunch if I did not have it by a certain time busy or not I was not allowed to take one and I was treated like I was doing a stick up when I wanted my 2 10 minute breaks, while others were going to get food and even shopping at one point during office hours, I was done with the job in my mind at that point.
Pros
Nice office, great students, and great work area.
Cons
Not a very welcoming work environment.
Invest in Ross and they will invest in you...student or staff!
Assistant Campus Director of Admissions (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 11, 2018
I have served with Ross in an Assistant Campus Director of Admissions capacity since February for approximately 6 months. Prior to that, I served as an Admissions Rep for 6 months. Having come from an entirely different professional field into the world of continuing education, I will say with confidence that Ross had made this transition not only achievable, but enjoyable.

When I applied for the Admissions Rep position, the expectations for the job were made extremely clear by every person I spoke to or interviewed with. Admissions is an integral part of the health of the campus, so hourly reporting is required from reps and ACDOA's to track activity and the progress of admissions appointments. This is designed for accountability purposes, but also for support purposes. Resources are unlimited when reaching out for help about process, procedure, tactics, etc. The micromanagement is in place for the best interest of the campus, but also for the best interest of the admissions staff and students they work with; students and staff who are armed with knowledge make better and more informed decisions together.

Each prospect that we contact has inquired or requested information about our programs at a point in time; we do not practice "cold-calling". Support at a local level is wonderful, in that each campus' team members are well-versed in each other's professional field and can come together to help supplement where needed.

Ross has provided a supportive, encouraging, and opportunistic work environment. Investing your best effort into learning your position and
  more... being a team player will yield positive results, as it has for me.  less
Pros
Excellent support from upper management, opportunity for growth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ross Education, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5