Ross Education, LLC Employee Reviews

Invest in Ross and they will invest in you...student or staff!
Assistant Campus Director of Admissions (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 11, 2018
I have served with Ross in an Assistant Campus Director of Admissions capacity since February for approximately 6 months. Prior to that, I served as an Admissions Rep for 6 months. Having come from an entirely different professional field into the world of continuing education, I will say with confidence that Ross had made this transition not only achievable, but enjoyable.

When I applied for the Admissions Rep position, the expectations for the job were made extremely clear by every person I spoke to or interviewed with. Admissions is an integral part of the health of the campus, so hourly reporting is required from reps and ACDOA's to track activity and the progress of admissions appointments. This is designed for accountability purposes, but also for support purposes. Resources are unlimited when reaching out for help about process, procedure, tactics, etc. The micromanagement is in place for the best interest of the campus, but also for the best interest of the admissions staff and students they work with; students and staff who are armed with knowledge make better and more informed decisions together.

Each prospect that we contact has inquired or requested information about our programs at a point in time; we do not practice "cold-calling". Support at a local level is wonderful, in that each campus' team members are well-versed in each other's professional field and can come together to help supplement where needed.

Ross has provided a supportive, encouraging, and opportunistic work environment. Investing your best effort into learning your position and
  more... being a team player will yield positive results, as it has for me.  less
Pros
Excellent support from upper management, opportunity for growth
Horrible
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Granger, IndianaAugust 29, 2018
Please don’t work here. Management is terrible and it just isn’t worth the stress. It’s a for profit school, they don’t care about the students at all, it’s all about the money. Pathetic company!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else.
Productive, good environment to work in
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHAugust 22, 2018
Good school to work for, management care s for the employees and listens to their concerns. There is always positive feed back and team effort with management and staff.
Pros
Good school
Hand holding
Instructor of the evening MIBOA (Former Employee) –  Ontario, OHAugust 12, 2018
For the most part the Ross students were not held accountable for their actions. They are not really training students for the work force. If they did not come to school someone was calling them basically begging them to come.
Working as a call center repersenative
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Saginaw,MIAugust 8, 2018
The enviroment is very relaxed and home-like. Managers are willing to work around flexible schedules and assist with any difficulties. I am very satisfied with the work they do. I highly recommend anyone looking for employment with great pay and hours to apply :).
Great place to improve teaching skills
Adjunct Instructor (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYAugust 1, 2018
I would describe a typical day at Ross College as challenging and interesting. Staff and faculty are helpful. Management demonstrates concern for students and staff. The culture is relaxed but at times can appear indifferent. The class sizes are small 1-6 people. At Ross College ,previously Brown Mackie College, class rooms are functional but its computer equipment is not reliable. The students are a challenge, but offer interesting arguments. The students come from very challenging backgrounds, some are veterans, but most are fairly recent high school graduates in search of new job opportunities. The students are very opinionated but willing to learn. The most difficult part of the job is remaining on subject during discussions. The most enjoyable part of the job was keeping students interested in the subject being discussed.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Not enough assigned subjects to teach
Making a Difference
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Clinton Township, MIJuly 26, 2018
My favorite thing about working at Ross is that I get the opportunity to hear firsthand from students and graduates how their lives have been changed for the better after completing their education at Ross. We give our students access to the skills, self-confidence, and support they need to begin their healthcare career - that is so meaningful.
Pros
Collaboration and hard work that helps people improve their lives
Cons
During different seasons, more than full-time work is needed to keep things running smoothly due to the small team sizes.
Working as a call center representative
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  MIJuly 18, 2018
Do not... I repeat NOT take this job without working on another gig. First of all the Saginaw Call center has a GREAT staff for the most part....however this company is extremely unprofessional! The managers are loud and obnoxious. While talking on the phones you can easily hear then sharing stores in the background. But they ensure staff are not doing the same. One managers nitpicks and begs. They’re petty disagreements, and all around a dark cloud over the center. Cooperate and the higher ups are just as rude. All they care about are numbers. Make 20 appointments they still want dials and vice versa. And if you don’t? Be prepared to tell them why.

Let’s just say the people you call WONT be the only obstacles you have to work through. That call center is like a CIRCUS unprofession, loud, unorganized, and all around negative. It’s not worth the headache.

The turn over rate is extremely high so one thing is for sure you can count on picking up shifts from time to time, schedule changes, and availability request denied.

And lastly there’s only a handful that will actually be granted FT do not count on excelling at this job.
Its a mess!
Campus Director (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHJuly 10, 2018
This company runs on emotions. It allows its Regional staff to make decisions off of rumors and emotions instead of facts. Campus Management is not supported by Regional or corporate staff. The admissions Department runs the whole school. They enroll anybody and anyone that they can get their hands on even if it is not in the best interest of the potential student. They will enroll students who they know do not have a high school diploma and then expect the rest of the staff to keep them in school no matter what their obstacles were. The culture that is expected is for the Departments to remain silos. That tension between Admissions and financial aid should remain . This company does not want individuals who have an opinion. If you are not a yes ma'am no ma'am individual do not work for this company. Document everything to cover your bottom because if not they will destroy you. I have never worked at a company that I felt so unappreciated and unsupported in my life.
Horrible
Medical Assisting Instructor (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSJune 18, 2018
Students and instructors are treated poorly. Ross is all about the money. Job skills are not taught and the curriculum is out of date. Management is nothing short of salesmen.
Cons

Want to know more about Ross Education, LLC?

Ask a question
No morals or ethics!
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHMay 20, 2018
I have never encountered a school that only cared about numbers! That's it, nothing else. This is a school for profit. Admission staff are treated as salesmen, while the Education staff are treated as social workers. Ross policies are to enroll ANYIBE by any means. This includes if students do not have diplomas or GED's. Corporate apply extremely harsh pressure on all departments. Insults are made on a daily basis by corporate.
Admission staff must make at least 300 or more calls a day and an enrollment everyday!
Please stay away far as possible. Run very fast!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Too many to list.
All about Corporate
Dental Assisting Instructor (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 20, 2018
You intially think this job will be rewarding and helping students acheve a medical education they can use for a lifetime is a great feeling, but the school is so corporate heavy that there is no way you can be fair, help everyone and keep integrity. It's all about which campus has the highest percentage of passing graduates. Numbers numbers and more corporate numbers is what its all about. That is why the turnover rate is high, it's hard for a caring pasionate teacher to last in that kind of hostile environment.
Pros
health insurance, hours and pay
Cons
Stress
Gain Job Skills
Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 29, 2018
You can gain some good job skills at Ross. The job is very demanding and you grow a thick skin while working under pressure to get results. The desire is to see students win at their chosen career appears to be the goal of everyone but the tactics to achieve the results can sometimes be brutal especially in FA and Admissions. Not much room for advancement.
Cons
too many meetings
Terrible
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INMarch 21, 2018
Really bad culture. Micromanaging is an understatement. Yes the money is good, but only if you are willing to sacrifice yourself in many ways. You must be able to be insulted daily and be responsible for quotas that are impossible to maintain.
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything Else
Great campus, horrible department leadership
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  MichiganMarch 4, 2018
Pushy and unethical position. Expectation of 30 dials per hour as well as one enrollment per day. You are expected to push each student to enroll even if there are significant obstacles preventing it such as from manically constraints. You are more of a sales person than guidance for students.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Atmosphere, stress, bad practices
Good company
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMarch 2, 2018
Enjoyed working there wished it had a longer contract. Had a good time working there and enjoyed teaching. Staff was supportive and helpful along the way. Learned a lot while I was there
I wasn't supported
Employee (Former Employee) –  OhioFebruary 26, 2018
When I first started at Ross, I really thought that I was going to be making a huge difference and helping students succeed. I was in it for all the right reasons, helping people get a career as an entry level health professional. I was very passionate about it. I had a great relationship with the students and staff. I made myself available all hours of the day to help people succeed.

Policies are put into place for a reason. The students ran the show from the beginning. They would walk in and do whatever they wanted, when they wanted and it takes a toll on everyone. The students wouldn't follow policies, they cussed at the instructors and staff, they cheated, threatened instructors and classmates, they missed a ton of class and had no idea what they were doing when they went out on their externship. We allowed them to do whatever they wanted because we didn't want a drop (it looks bad for accreditation). In the end, the students would go to their externship and get dismissed for not showing up, being late, having a bad attitude, not being in dress code, not knowing how to do their skills. What is allowed is what will continue and how are we helping these students if we aren't preparing them for what it's like in the real world? The student goes out in the field representing the school. How is this a good thing that we string them along and keep them after they cheat, fail,use profanity daily, disrespect the instructor and miss so much class? They will do the same thing in the field with Ross attached to them. This is not helping the reputation of the school which
  more... is in turn affecting placement. Once the bad reputation is out, then no one will want to enroll and this effects your enrollment numbers. Employers only want the best. There is a huge difference in helping someone vs enabling them.

Instructors work very hard without the recognition or compensation they deserve. They only get paid for their class hours. They are also required to do an office hour a week, quarterly faculty meeting (2-3 hours), grading (5 hours a week depending on class size, sometimes more), prep for class (up to 5 hours a week depending on class size), creating activities for the class on your own, doing weekly huddles with staff, and two in-services a year, all not paid. They will entice you with a great hourly wage, but then when you get into the job, you realize that once you break down the hours you work, it ends up being minimum wage or less.

I was thankful for a mostly great local staff and faculty. Ross has lost many great, hard working employees because they didn't support them or their unethical practices affect the moral compasses of good people. It seems corporate only cares about money and not the staff or students. Take care of your employees and your employees will in turn take care of your business.
Pros
Local staff
Cons
Unethical
Admissions
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INFebruary 19, 2018
I have never seen micromanagement like this. Reports every hour, calling 30 “potential” students an hour. Very unethical practices to get students enrolled in classes.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Misleading students
Working at Ross
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJanuary 27, 2018
Easy to work there, make your own hours and no issues. Technology was great and management was easy to talk to and helpful when you needed it. Would do the adjunct position again.
Unorganized Money Pit for Students
Career Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNJanuary 24, 2018
Ross is a for profit education facility that overcharges students grossly that they know cannot afford the program. Students go in debt up to 20 grand for a certificate program that only leads to barely above minimum wage employment upon graduation. Teachers and staff are poorly paid and overworked. Entire employee base was a cut throat environment where there was no loyalty from company or to company. I would not recommend working for Ross by anyone
Pros
Have none

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ross Education, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5