Ross Education, LLC Employee Reviews

Great place to improve teaching skills
Adjunct Instructor (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYAugust 1, 2018
I would describe a typical day at Ross College as challenging and interesting. Staff and faculty are helpful. Management demonstrates concern for students and staff. The culture is relaxed but at times can appear indifferent. The class sizes are small 1-6 people. At Ross College ,previously Brown Mackie College, class rooms are functional but its computer equipment is not reliable. The students are a challenge, but offer interesting arguments. The students come from very challenging backgrounds, some are veterans, but most are fairly recent high school graduates in search of new job opportunities. The students are very opinionated but willing to learn. The most difficult part of the job is remaining on subject during discussions. The most enjoyable part of the job was keeping students interested in the subject being discussed.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Not enough assigned subjects to teach
Its a mess!
Campus Director (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHJuly 10, 2018
This company runs on emotions. It allows its Regional staff to make decisions off of rumors and emotions instead of facts. Campus Management is not supported by Regional or corporate staff. The admissions Department runs the whole school. They enroll anybody and anyone that they can get their hands on even if it is not in the best interest of the potential student. They will enroll students who they know do not have a high school diploma and then expect the rest of the staff to keep them in school no matter what their obstacles were. The culture that is expected is for the Departments to remain silos. That tension between Admissions and financial aid should remain . This company does not want individuals who have an opinion. If you are not a yes ma'am no ma'am individual do not work for this company. Document everything to cover your bottom because if not they will destroy you. I have never worked at a company that I felt so unappreciated and unsupported in my life.
Great job
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJanuary 9, 2019
This job is good for students, veterans, part time and full time, i strongly recommend to Veterans. Flexible hours, decent pay, attainable call targets. They not only treat you with respect, they care about you as an individual. Best job I have ever had.
Pros
Pay, benefits, advancement oppurtunities
Instructor position
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 4, 2018
No one cares about the students, it’s all so political and there is no job security at all. One day you have a job, if no students come you don’t have a job the next day. They Require all these extra conference calls and training that’s not paid for. Classroom supplies come out of your pocket, no one will reimburse you for anything extra. They treat you so terrible the atmosphere is hostile and unwelcoming. You walk in every morning and cringe, please find employment elsewhere. You’ll thank me!
Pros
The students are amazing
Cons
You get no respect, or anything
Employment
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MINovember 30, 2018
In the 10yrs I have been working this was by far the most unprofessional place ever. On my interview day the center manager wasn’t ready when I arrived and before even speaking about the job she went on a rant about the CEO. The turn over rate is horrible not only for call reps but within management as well I wasnt there a yr and had more than 4+ changes in management team and numerous of new hires that didnt last a month, as well they use a point system 6points your fired if your a min late that .5 of a point, your restroom breaks are timed, your phones are keep in a secure location and your treated like children there is little to know respect given. They require you to dial 80 calls an hour as well set appt. if u fall below you will be put on blast for eveyone to know. The management team doesnt follow policy and procedures but definitely enforce them to the highest degree. On any given day the center manager will take extended breaks to shop or simply take other managers and hangout at Sam’s Club during business hours. The higher up tend to show them self but could careless about the employees concerns only if numbers are being met. This is definitely only a stepping stone or a 2nd job options this its where you’ll have advancement opportunities, gain good work experience or have peace and harmony.
THIS IS A DRAINING PLACE SAD SAD SAD
Pros
The other reps are friendly, decent to work with, we’ve sort of united about the horrible work experience
Cons
Everything, this is a place that you must be, ambitious, determined to have better, horrible energy, example of employment will definitely effect views on call centers, working in general
Regional Managers are a joke
Representative (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVOctober 29, 2018
You're on your own here, because all they are interested in is getting your money and their numbers up so they can sell the company. Managers having affairs and think everyone is incompetent too it. They hire make up counter girls to enroll students that's never learned to alphabetize, total ignorance. Most of the staff and the director are great but the company and Managers are a joke.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Upper management
Rewarding place to work
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIDecember 15, 2018
The management cares about their employees, they are not just a "number". Helpful staff, great work environment and wonderful perks. I would recommend this job to everyone, especially my military veteran brothers and sisters.
Pros
Positive management, good training, they treat employees with respect.
Cons
Didn't find this job sooner
Making a Difference
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Clinton Township, MIJuly 26, 2018
My favorite thing about working at Ross is that I get the opportunity to hear firsthand from students and graduates how their lives have been changed for the better after completing their education at Ross. We give our students access to the skills, self-confidence, and support they need to begin their healthcare career - that is so meaningful.
Pros
Collaboration and hard work that helps people improve their lives
Cons
During different seasons, more than full-time work is needed to keep things running smoothly due to the small team sizes.
Not an inclusive environment
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  MichiganSeptember 24, 2018
I was only talked to by the students, one guy and one other lady in the Financial Aid office and the instructors were very nice. My job description was not fully explained to me in reference to what I was and was not allowed to do when I was hired or I might have stayed on with the company, but after being told when the Director my boss was gone I was not allowed to take a lunch if I did not have it by a certain time busy or not I was not allowed to take one and I was treated like I was doing a stick up when I wanted my 2 10 minute breaks, while others were going to get food and even shopping at one point during office hours, I was done with the job in my mind at that point.
Pros
Nice office, great students, and great work area.
Cons
Not a very welcoming work environment.
Horrible
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Granger, IndianaAugust 29, 2018
Please don’t work here. Management is terrible and it just isn’t worth the stress. It’s a for profit school, they don’t care about the students at all, it’s all about the money. Pathetic company!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else.
Productive, good environment to work in
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHAugust 22, 2018
Good school to work for, management care s for the employees and listens to their concerns. There is always positive feed back and team effort with management and staff.
Pros
Good school
Working as a call center representative
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  MIJuly 18, 2018
Do not... I repeat NOT take this job without working on another gig. First of all the Saginaw Call center has a GREAT staff for the most part....however this company is extremely unprofessional! The managers are loud and obnoxious. While talking on the phones you can easily hear then sharing stores in the background. But they ensure staff are not doing the same. One managers nitpicks and begs. They’re petty disagreements, and all around a dark cloud over the center. Cooperate and the higher ups are just as rude. All they care about are numbers. Make 20 appointments they still want dials and vice versa. And if you don’t? Be prepared to tell them why.

Let’s just say the people you call WONT be the only obstacles you have to work through. That call center is like a CIRCUS unprofession, loud, unorganized, and all around negative. It’s not worth the headache.

The turn over rate is extremely high so one thing is for sure you can count on picking up shifts from time to time, schedule changes, and availability request denied.

And lastly there’s only a handful that will actually be granted FT do not count on excelling at this job.
Cons
Invest in Ross and they will invest in you...student or staff!
Assistant Campus Director of Admissions (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 11, 2018
I have served with Ross in an Assistant Campus Director of Admissions capacity since February for approximately 6 months. Prior to that, I served as an Admissions Rep for 6 months. Having come from an entirely different professional field into the world of continuing education, I will say with confidence that Ross had made this transition not only achievable, but enjoyable.

When I applied for the Admissions Rep position, the expectations for the job were made extremely clear by every person I spoke to or interviewed with. Admissions is an integral part of the health of the campus, so hourly reporting is required from reps and ACDOA's to track activity and the progress of admissions appointments. This is designed for accountability purposes, but also for support purposes. Resources are unlimited when reaching out for help about process, procedure, tactics, etc. The micromanagement is in place for the best interest of the campus, but also for the best interest of the admissions staff and students they work with; students and staff who are armed with knowledge make better and more informed decisions together.

Each prospect that we contact has inquired or requested information about our programs at a point in time; we do not practice "cold-calling". Support at a local level is wonderful, in that each campus' team members are well-versed in each other's professional field and can come together to help supplement where needed.

Ross has provided a supportive, encouraging, and opportunistic work environment. Investing your best effort into learning your position and
  more... being a team player will yield positive results, as it has for me.  less
Pros
Excellent support from upper management, opportunity for growth
Horrible
Medical Assisting Instructor (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSJune 18, 2018
Students and instructors are treated poorly. Ross is all about the money. Job skills are not taught and the curriculum is out of date. Management is nothing short of salesmen.
Gain Job Skills
Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 29, 2018
You can gain some good job skills at Ross. The job is very demanding and you grow a thick skin while working under pressure to get results. The desire is to see students win at their chosen career appears to be the goal of everyone but the tactics to achieve the results can sometimes be brutal especially in FA and Admissions. Not much room for advancement.
Cons
too many meetings
No morals or ethics!
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHMay 20, 2018
I have never encountered a school that only cared about numbers! That's it, nothing else. This is a school for profit. Admission staff are treated as salesmen, while the Education staff are treated as social workers. Ross policies are to enroll ANYIBE by any means. This includes if students do not have diplomas or GED's. Corporate apply extremely harsh pressure on all departments. Insults are made on a daily basis by corporate.
Admission staff must make at least 300 or more calls a day and an enrollment everyday!
Please stay away far as possible. Run very fast!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Too many to list.
All about Corporate
Dental Assisting Instructor (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 20, 2018
You intially think this job will be rewarding and helping students acheve a medical education they can use for a lifetime is a great feeling, but the school is so corporate heavy that there is no way you can be fair, help everyone and keep integrity. It's all about which campus has the highest percentage of passing graduates. Numbers numbers and more corporate numbers is what its all about. That is why the turnover rate is high, it's hard for a caring pasionate teacher to last in that kind of hostile environment.
Pros
health insurance, hours and pay
Cons
Stress
Working as a call center repersenative
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Saginaw,MIAugust 8, 2018
The enviroment is very relaxed and home-like. Managers are willing to work around flexible schedules and assist with any difficulties. I am very satisfied with the work they do. I highly recommend anyone looking for employment with great pay and hours to apply :).
Campus level is ok but very micromanaged
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Davison, MIJanuary 18, 2018
They do warn you about being micromanaged. However the extent is pretty unbelievable until you experience it. They use the spray and pray method for contacting "prospects." Which is not very useful. Management is very obviously doing calls to push compliance but its right up to that edge that borders unethical. Saw many things done out of compliance in regards to getting students to enroll. Communication between management and campus level is a joke. Things change day to day without much notice if any. Its mostly found out by doing things wrong for months until they realize they never told you it changed. Then you're reprimanded. Hourly reports on your accomplishments which is a mandatory 40 calls an hour, to people that don't want you calling.
Pros
Director is amazing
Cons
They have no real control over your position, those that do are rarely there and don't take the time to know you in any way, Cold calling, Micromanaged, Paid monthly, Lack of contact with corporate
Hand holding
Instructor of the evening MIBOA (Former Employee) –  Ontario, OHAugust 12, 2018
For the most part the Ross students were not held accountable for their actions. They are not really training students for the work force. If they did not come to school someone was calling them basically begging them to come.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ross Education, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5