Ross Education, LLC Employee Reviews

2.4
Ratings breakdown
No morals or ethics!
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHMay 20, 2018
I have never encountered a school that only cared about numbers! That's it, nothing else. This is a school for profit. Admission staff are treated as salesmen, while the Education staff are treated as social workers. Ross policies are to enroll ANYIBE by any means. This includes if students do not have diplomas or GED's. Corporate apply extremely harsh pressure on all departments. Insults are made on a daily basis by corporate.
Admission staff must make at least 300 or more calls a day and an enrollment everyday!
Please stay away far as possible. Run very fast!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Too many to list.
All about Corporate
Dental Assisting Instructor (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 20, 2018
You intially think this job will be rewarding and helping students acheve a medical education they can use for a lifetime is a great feeling, but the school is so corporate heavy that there is no way you can be fair, help everyone and keep integrity. It's all about which campus has the highest percentage of passing graduates. Numbers numbers and more corporate numbers is what its all about. That is why the turnover rate is high, it's hard for a caring pasionate teacher to last in that kind of hostile environment.
Pros
health insurance, hours and pay
Cons
Stress
Gain Job Skills
Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 29, 2018
You can gain some good job skills at Ross. The job is very demanding and you grow a thick skin while working under pressure to get results. The desire is to see students win at their chosen career appears to be the goal of everyone but the tactics to achieve the results can sometimes be brutal especially in FA and Admissions. Not much room for advancement.
Cons
too many meetings
Terrible
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INMarch 21, 2018
Really bad culture. Micromanaging is an understatement. Yes the money is good, but only if you are willing to sacrifice yourself in many ways. You must be able to be insulted daily and be responsible for quotas that are impossible to maintain.
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything Else
Great campus, horrible department leadership
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  MichiganMarch 4, 2018
Pushy and unethical position. Expectation of 30 dials per hour as well as one enrollment per day. You are expected to push each student to enroll even if there are significant obstacles preventing it such as from manically constraints. You are more of a sales person than guidance for students.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Atmosphere, stress, bad practices
Good company
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMarch 2, 2018
Enjoyed working there wished it had a longer contract. Had a good time working there and enjoyed teaching. Staff was supportive and helpful along the way. Learned a lot while I was there
I wasn't supported
Employee (Former Employee) –  OhioFebruary 26, 2018
When I first started at Ross, I really thought that I was going to be making a huge difference and helping students succeed. I was in it for all the right reasons, helping people get a career as an entry level health professional. I was very passionate about it. I had a great relationship with the students and staff. I made myself available all hours of the day to help people succeed.

Policies are put into place for a reason. The students ran the show from the beginning. They would walk in and do whatever they wanted, when they wanted and it takes a toll on everyone. The students wouldn't follow policies, they cussed at the instructors and staff, they cheated, threatened instructors and classmates, they missed a ton of class and had no idea what they were doing when they went out on their externship. We allowed them to do whatever they wanted because we didn't want a drop (it looks bad for accreditation). In the end, the students would go to their externship and get dismissed for not showing up, being late, having a bad attitude, not being in dress code, not knowing how to do their skills. What is allowed is what will continue and how are we helping these students if we aren't preparing them for what it's like in the real world? The student goes out in the field representing the school. How is this a good thing that we string them along and keep them after they cheat, fail,use profanity daily, disrespect the instructor and miss so much class? They will do the same thing in the field with Ross attached to them. This is not helping the reputation of the school which
  more... is in turn affecting placement. Once the bad reputation is out, then no one will want to enroll and this effects your enrollment numbers. Employers only want the best. There is a huge difference in helping someone vs enabling them.

Instructors work very hard without the recognition or compensation they deserve. They only get paid for their class hours. They are also required to do an office hour a week, quarterly faculty meeting (2-3 hours), grading (5 hours a week depending on class size, sometimes more), prep for class (up to 5 hours a week depending on class size), creating activities for the class on your own, doing weekly huddles with staff, and two in-services a year, all not paid. They will entice you with a great hourly wage, but then when you get into the job, you realize that once you break down the hours you work, it ends up being minimum wage or less.

I was thankful for a mostly great local staff and faculty. Ross has lost many great, hard working employees because they didn't support them or their unethical practices affect the moral compasses of good people. It seems corporate only cares about money and not the staff or students. Take care of your employees and your employees will in turn take care of your business.
Pros
Local staff
Cons
Unethical
Admissions
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INFebruary 19, 2018
I have never seen micromanagement like this. Reports every hour, calling 30 “potential” students an hour. Very unethical practices to get students enrolled in classes.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Misleading students
Working at Ross
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJanuary 27, 2018
Easy to work there, make your own hours and no issues. Technology was great and management was easy to talk to and helpful when you needed it. Would do the adjunct position again.
Unorganized Money Pit for Students
Career Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNJanuary 24, 2018
Ross is a for profit education facility that overcharges students grossly that they know cannot afford the program. Students go in debt up to 20 grand for a certificate program that only leads to barely above minimum wage employment upon graduation. Teachers and staff are poorly paid and overworked. Entire employee base was a cut throat environment where there was no loyalty from company or to company. I would not recommend working for Ross by anyone
Pros
Have none

Want to know more about Ross Education, LLC?

Ask a question
Campus level is ok but very micromanaged
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Davison, MIJanuary 18, 2018
They do warn you about being micromanaged. However the extent is pretty unbelievable until you experience it. They use the spray and pray method for contacting "prospects." Which is not very useful. Management is very obviously doing calls to push compliance but its right up to that edge that borders unethical. Saw many things done out of compliance in regards to getting students to enroll. Communication between management and campus level is a joke. Things change day to day without much notice if any. Its mostly found out by doing things wrong for months until they realize they never told you it changed. Then you're reprimanded. Hourly reports on your accomplishments which is a mandatory 40 calls an hour, to people that don't want you calling.
Pros
Director is amazing
Cons
They have no real control over your position, those that do are rarely there and don't take the time to know you in any way, Cold calling, Micromanaged, Paid monthly, Lack of contact with corporate
Just Another Proprietary School
CDR (Former Employee) –  Clinton Township, MIJanuary 12, 2018
They have unrealistic goals set by their accrediting agency. Admissions uses no discretion on who they enroll because it’s all about profit for them. They’re too top heavy with many unnecessary positions. Way too many unnecessary processes that could be streamlined. They are understaffed in major positions, e.g. financial aid, career services, instructors. They train in programs you don’t even need to go to school for, e.g. Pharmacy Technician.
Pros
Cons
Too many unnecessary top heavy positions. No integrity on who Admissions enrolls.
Good
RMA/Instructor (Current Employee) –  Norton Shores, MIDecember 27, 2017
Good place to work if you enjoy teaching. The class starts at 6 PM and ends at 10 PM.
I work 2 nights a week.
Mixed culture.
The hardest part of this job is to form a good employee out of students who have no work experience.
Student success is my most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
night hours
Cons
Norton Shores
Horrible place to work
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MIDecember 25, 2017
The management and staff were horrible. Run run run. No diversity in Brighton and the money isn't worth the education.

Not a good place to work. Micromanaged environment!!

My car was keyed by someone in the building!!

Very underhanded staff

Rip off just say no!!
Pros
Its a pay check
Cons
Poor management... Unproductive phone calls
Steer clear
Instructor (Former Employee) –  AnywhereDecember 17, 2017
Monthly call for new instructors must be done on your own time.
Grading papers done on you own time.
Staff meetings on your own time.
No paid holidays.
No job security. They will take your job and give it to another instructor and switch your shift without regard.
Hours are not guaranteed. No students no work no pay.
Steer clear!
Great Place to work
Medical Assistant Instructor (Current Employee) –  Port Huron, MIDecember 7, 2017
Love working at Ross. Wonderful co-workers. Great environment. A work environment that allows you to grow and better ones self. A place where opportunities and continuing education is valued and supported.
Changing Lives
Career Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 16, 2017
Rewarding job that helps you change lives of our students. Hours can vary from day to day, but it is worth it to see the students graduate from the program.
Typical Online AS degree Completion
Faculty Lead MOA & MBAS & Online Instructor (Current Employee) –  Online / RemoteNovember 6, 2017
Company is OK. typical Career College - lots of student retention efforts, extra effort needed to keep students focused on courses, but some students are great. Good course/curriculum base and able to offer suggestions which are acted upon. Overall, very happy.
Pros
Online education is flexible, good student support.
Cons
Not able to work full time.
Lead Pharmacy Technician Instructor (Current Employee) –  Davison, MINovember 1, 2017
I have been fortunate to work with amazing campus leadership. I have also worked at several locations. Each campus has different management styles. The management overall is very consistent. Expectations are made very clear. More often than not, other faculty are willing to lend a hand and help guide those that ask for help. I highly recommend Ross.
Pros
Great hours. No weekends
Cons
Short breaks
Don’t Properly Train Employees
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIOctober 30, 2017
I took over for another instructor who had done a lot for the program. I had to mend a lot of fences between the students and staff. I started the week she left, and was NEVER properly shown how to do my job. Then I was let go after a couple of months because I wasn’t doing my job. I would NEVER recommend going there, even as a student!