Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center Employee Reviews

Not what they project
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 17, 2019
Work culture: is very poor they are more interested in making money than anything else. I know all hospitals have to make money to stay open but, management assures that they will at the cost of there employees. There is also an undertone of lack of compassion when it comes to employee issues. HR makes sure that they sweep them under the rug.
Cons
Parking expensive
Great patient care but the employees are not treated well.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 8, 2019
Certain departments are full of drama. It’s not uncommon to hear cursing or an argument. Management is not supportive because usually they are involved. The pay is low for the amount of work but the benefits are excellent. Despite what’s reported there is not room for advancement unless you are in the clinical are. Most people have worked together prior to coming to Roswell and they bring their drama with them. STAY AWAY from Roswell.
Benefits
Cons
Pay and racist staff.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 3, 2019
The faculty and staff are kind and this hospital is a great opportunity to volunteer and gain experience for those who wish to enter the medical field
Striving for Excellence
Project Coordinator - Clinical Genetics Department (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 6, 2019
Patients are number one. As a whole, always trying to improve to give the best patient experience possible.
I enjoyed the patient contact and my co-workers were all very hard workers who love their patients.
Pros
Striving to improve for the patients
Cons
Length of time to improve issues is very slow
n/a
Environmental Service (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 17, 2018
they only hired me as a tem, let me go exactly at mt 10th month mark, the pay was ok and the hours was decent but dont expect to be a actual hire until told so.
Poor Management
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 9, 2018
Management is under Sedexo they have favoritism and they are very sneaky. Never feel secure in your position or work area. They treat housekeeping as if its it the bottom of the barrel.
Pros
Great pay/Benefits
Cons
Racist and very petty
A great place to work. I learned a great deal.
MECHANICAL MAINTENANCE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 24, 2018
I very much enjoyed my time at Roswell Park. However, it was a union job (CSEA) and there was no way to advance into management. Roswell Park is a huge campus (12 buildings) which includes a hospital, a live animal research complex, and lots of other medical research labs and offices. It would be a great place to build a career if you have a bachelors degree before you start working there.
Pros
Great benefits. Lots of paid time off (holidays, vacation, personal time...)
Cons
Very structured union environment. No way to advance.
a typical day at work
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NY 14263November 19, 2018
pretty straight forward, everyone does their work. sometimes people will complain and talk about others, but its typical of any job. For the most part the environment is pleasant and runs smoothly
Love the patients, stressful job at times
Registered Nurse, Oncology Nurse II (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 15, 2018
Difficult environment for nurses. The culture has changed in a negative way in the past decade or so- can be a toxic place to work. Feel very disconnected from upper management. Patients and families are wonderful, and majority of nurses provide excellent, compassionate care.
Pros
Making a difference
Cons
Need help with safe patient handling- proper lift equipment etc.
most staff was hardworking; management very competitive and no collaborative or team atmosphere
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 5, 2018
great mission
good benefits and pay
mostly good people
disagreement with executive management not welcomed
disengaged board
too much political influence
Nurse 2 (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 24, 2018
Great environment to promote healing and support to those dealing with cancer. Everyone works well as a team to provide the best quality care possible. Unit manager is very helpful, fair and consistent to all employees.
Pros
3 day work weeks
Cons
Short breaks...very busy floor, sometimes understaffed
Urology team is good!
Data Manager (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 4, 2018
I worked in Urology in RPCI and every here is nice. I work very hard here and I also improved myself. If you can find a job here, I would definitely recommend.
Good work place
Senior Bioinformatician (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 25, 2018
provides a strong learning environment

positive work environment

many areas for employment are very demanding positions

Pay is lower but the benefits are great
sucks
Food Service Worker/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NY 14204September 18, 2018
they feel like they can work you to deatha nd disrespect you because they pay more than the average hospital. They have unrealistic expectations. They would schedule me to work on days i had to go to class. They do not want you to better yourself and often block peoples advancement into other departments. I have never worked for a more racist, calculated and insensetive people in my life. The only people who seem to be fake nice are the voulenteers in the lobby and maybe the outpatient clinic.
Pros
Cons
management and favortism
depends on job
Laboratory Animal Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 23, 2018
Depending on the department you work for. When I originally began working there I had a great manager and a great department manager. But as my floor manager retired we got a new one that ended up being horrible and drama.
Work ethic
Environmental Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 14, 2018
busy work schedule. Strict management. Enjoyed working at patient care site and be able to socialize and comfort patients. had to cover large areas thus felt monotonous.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
large work load
Dental Consultant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 9, 2018
Excellent facility
easily accessible
Loved the interdisciplinary approach to work
All departments are more than happy to work with you and consult
You can be there for years doing a job and they will hire someone from the outside
Nurse/Any persons job (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 31, 2018
They look over you as a dedicated employee who has been with them for over 10 years and they will bring someone in, hire them for a position they are creating and the new person will make way more than you. Roswell will also leave you to do a 2-3 person job by yourself for days/weeks and not give it a second thought.
Very good experience working with one doctor who is now at Fox Chase Cancer Center
Research and Ambulatory RN (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 31, 2018
Very good experience working with one physician on a pancreatic cancer clinical trial using patients T cells and injecting them back into their bodies. Had 6 patients and I soley did the history taking, vital signs, medication management, data entry, administering of the clinical trial medications and follow up.
house keepers
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 30, 2018
They never cared about us in house keeping but they did treat the other staff good. If you apply don work in house keeping you will feel like the scum of the earth.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight