Rotech Healthcare Inc. Employee Reviews

working at rotech
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYJanuary 4, 2019
this is by far the worst place i have ever worked. management (local and corporate) do not give a flip about you as a person, only how much money they are making off you. management watches you like a hawk at all times making sure you don't waste a second of company time. The rules seem to be enforced or not enforced randomly, and sometimes made up entirely. Sometimes people got fired for things that others only got a slap on the wrist for. Not only do the rules change all the time, but so do your job expectations. Turnover is ridiculous in all positions. All in all the job i did wasn't that hard and the benefits were pretty good, but with everything else on top of that I'm glad i don't work here anymore.
Pros
guaranteed hours, benefits, job is pretty easy
Cheap company to work for. Over worked and under payed
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaSeptember 24, 2018
I have been with Rotech for over 4 years. Loved it when first started. Good management and employees but very short handed. Then manager retired. I ran the whole location by myself for little pay with no raise. Manager , Respirtory therapist, sales Rep, driver and CSR. Never a raise . Worked late to complete all work. Never an advancement. They hire new employees and start their pay higher than mine. Making me train and manager still can’t complete any work. Never offered me a higher position but was promised one.
Pros
Love patients, and pto
Cons
Short lunch breaks or none. Wasn’t fair . Some wouldn’t even clock out to eat
Experience gaining employment
Senior Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 18, 2018
I overall enjoyed this job, but its because of my work ethic. I am good and know what I am doing. You will not have any support or resources from management. It is super fast paced and stressful, but if you know how to conduct yourself with the worse possible patients, lack of support, resources, training, and can be a self starter/ sulf sufficient then its perfect. I was there just under 3 years and loved it. I am only being honest in the fact of what the job entails. No raises so get what you can from the beginning, although, its not that easy to negotiate with them. Sales rep is absolutely amazing and will help you get all required documents for insurance purposes. I worked in 2 location in just under 3 years and had 5 managers between the 2 offices. They cant seem to find good management. I am sure if they could, it would be a great environment and great place to work. Either way, I loved it.
Pros
great job security, advancement opportunities, and room for overtime
Cons
long hours, no life
Flexible schedule but toxic environment.
Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INAugust 1, 2018
The management likes to brush issues brought to their attention under the rug causing a toxic and drama filled environment. Staff is pitted against each other since they do not operate as an actual team rather they act as many individual teams which causes an unnecessary divide. They state they have competitive pay, but they pay multiple dollars less than other DME/billing companies. They have high expectations that are almost unattainable. The HR department doesn’t address valid issues and will back the poor management. They have poor training and wonder why performances aren’t where they should be. Due to the ever changing billing processes no one is completely confident in the answers they are giving. There’s absolutely no accountability whatsoever for all positions, more like the blame game. They are very aware of the high turnover yet so nothing to prevent it and see employees as replaceable.
Pros
Option for 30 minutes or hour lunch. Flexible schedule and great PTO.
Cons
Micromanaging, poor management, no raises unless you promote up.
Poor management and possible fraud
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Roy, UTDecember 27, 2018
Do not waste any time here. Terrible staff and management. Culture is perverted and lousy to be in. Management does not show respect for anyone other than team leads. No help given to be successful in the job.l, it all falls on your shoulders. No praise given for things done right.
Very busy time flies by
Service Center Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLJanuary 3, 2019
My Job is to handle to new orders for
Oxygen verify the insurance set up the account, make sure I have all the required documents that meet the insurance guidelines. Process a delivery ticket call the patient and send out for delivery. I would take phone calls from patients and referral sources from questions to orders. I have learned alot how a service center handles the front end of all orders so that when the billing office gets the claims to send to the insurance companies there shouldn't be any issues.

The hardest part of the job is getting calls from the patients that they are going to hospice and saying good bye or that the pt passed away. i get these calls on a weekly basis.

i love helping the customers from their fears of getting on oxygen and to encouraging them to enjoy life. I have created friendships with the patients and we laugh when they call me.
Pros
Rool over vacation time
Cons
No raise for 3 years
Unfair, would NOT recommend for ANYONE
CSS (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYJanuary 9, 2019
I worked here for almost 2 years. I was considered one of the best CSS there. I was fired for reasons that EVERY manager there does but its okay for them to do. Or other employees that are stuck up the managers rear end. One day the managers love you, the next they treat you like dirt on the bottom of your shoe. They claim they "care" about the employees, but you better hope you don't get sick, your kids don't get sick or someone in your family doesn't die. Because NO MATTER the circumstance you will get in trouble for it. OH and let me tell you how the go about firing someone. They call you into the office. Basically harass you and while you are in the office, they have other managers quickly collecting your belongings in a box so EVERYONE knows that you got fired before you even do and they get to laugh at you as you are escorted out the door highly embarrased. Unless you're a preppy blonde manager, any manager in general or stuck up the managers butt, you'll love the job! Besides that DONT!
Cons
Management, Careles
The bad, the meh, and the good
Customer Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Presque Isle, MEJuly 11, 2018
This has been the best job I have ever had and I love my job.

The Bad: That said ROTECH does not do a very good job of wanting to keep good employees. You want/earned a raise? Don't get one, and in fact they will more than likely cut your pay and tell you no more over time. No incentive to be on call at all and no help except your co workers when you are on call. Managers are widely hit or miss and use absolutely ZERO common sense. Managers who do terrible enjoy the protection of those above them and push their work onto others in the office. Despite bad sales numbers and numbers that keep dropping over a period of a year, sales people keep their jobs.

The meh: Pay is okay for my area (should be more though especially with other companies offering over 2 to 4 dollars more a hour). You get a hour lunch. Doctors and their offices don't always know what they need to do (despite doing things and explaining things over and over to them)

The good: I love my fellow office coworkers(minus the managers). The day goes by very fast. I get my own van. My patients are great.
Pros
Job, Patients, coworkers
Cons
management, pay, on call relief
Horrible Experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 12, 2018
Terrible management, specifically the location manager, with terrible pay to match and a corporation who cared very little about it's employees, seeing everyone as expendable. The only reason I gave them a two in compensation/benefits is because the health benefits were great, that is if you can afford them on the incredibly low salary they offer. They proved to care very little about their patients as well; billing was overlooked resulting in patients being slapped with a huge bill for past months they thought were covered by insurance, o2 recertifications were never followed through properly causing patients to lose their equipment and have to start the entire qualification process over again. Unfortunately, that's the tip of the iceberg. Very disappointed with this company as a whole.
Toxic environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 4, 2018
Poor management, Inconsistent procedures, coworkers are great on a personal note but pitted against each other in the work place. No compassion towards patients. Very stressful, always walking on eggshells.
Pros
Pto, casual attire
Cons
Unprofessional, cut-throat, earned bonuses are considered to be your raise
LOVE Rotech
CSS (Customer Service Specialist) (Current Employee) –  Roy, UTAugust 1, 2018
I am a current CSS in the Intake department at the Roy, Utah location. I LOVE the team atmosphere, my management team is there when I need them rather work or personal they have an open door.
The job is fast pace and always changing however that's the world we live in today esp a Medical world, I love the challenges and goals set forth daily by my Supervisor.
The three teams we have are always in some sort of fun competition to meet goals, although we all do something different the games we play focus on our goals for each function.
PTO is very good w/ this company, the points system for attendance is flexible and allows me several points before I am in trouble.
I highly recommend the Intake department to anyone looking for a Medical Field position in my area, I love this place and do not plan on leaving as there is ton's or promotion opportunities.
Pros
Promotion Opportunities, Pto, Great atmosphere
Very low paying job
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 19, 2018
The pay for the work we do is to low. In order to get a raise you have to take a test. The raise is 20 cents if your lucky 40 cents. Every day something changes. Managment makes rules and changes them whenever they what.

People steal from your lockers but you can't bring you purse to your desk to lock it up there. You can't even eat at your desk! Breakfast is the most important part of the day. When you have a family to take care of its hard to take care of yourself. I can eat and work at the same time but food is not allowed. So you'll just have to stay hungary until lunch. That's cruel, some people have medical problems and need to snack. People get laid off, people quit or go to another department.

You have to make your numbers or your out. People make the numbers but do the work wrong yet they are prasied for getting their numbers. Some coworkers you can't trust but pretend to help you. You have to watch your back.

Again low low low pay for the work!!! Terrible work environment.
Pros
Work hours
Cons
Everything else!
Good place-but strict has point system
CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST IV (Current Employee) –  Murray, KYNovember 24, 2018
fast pace setting. Ive learned to speak more professional over the phone. Management is one of the main reasonings I have stayed for so long. The hardest part of the job is sitting all day. The most enjoyable is the people around you.
Benefits
Cons
policies-point system
Lots of drama, unhealthy work environment
Patient Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Roy, UTOctober 20, 2018
Management is a joke, they play favorites and if you're not one of them expect a lot of drama. Some people can walk around and talk with no consequences but others will get yelled at for performance. Very stressful.
Pros
Healthcare benefits
Cons
Low pay, very stressful, management is bipolar
Very productive with great atmosphere
Customer Support (Current Employee) –  Roy, UTJuly 25, 2018
I have been with Rotech for almost 12 years and in that time I have excelled with the support of my peers and the company. The work is fast paced and as the medical field is ever changing it keeps us on our toes and continually learning. If you are looking for a challenge and do not like to get bored this is the place for you! The company offers competitive benefits and GREAT paid time off. The staff is supportive and we thrive in our team environment.
Non-Competitive Pay
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 19, 2018
No raises, no chance for advancement. Cost of living keeps going up. Your pay stays the same no matter what job you do. Benefits are expensive. Supposed bonuses are taxed like crazy.
Pros
Independent work
Cons
No raises, expensive benefits
Stressful place to work.
Location Manager (Former Employee) –  IndianaJanuary 13, 2018
The company's motto is "We care about patient care." However, that is not true. They care about making money, sometimes at the expense of patient care. Upper Management tries to motivate it's employees through the use of criticism and threats. Very litttle praise or words of appreciation are ever given. Upper management has very high expectations without giving the necessary resources to accomplish their expectations. Rotech is typical of an American corporation these days. There is no loyalty to its employees, and everyone is replaceable. This does not create a positive workplace culture.
Pros
Benefits were decent.
Cons
Long hours trying to meet unrealistic expectations
Ok but wouldn't recommend
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 14, 2018
Pay is based on what you do. If you see a lot of patients in a day you'll get a decent pay for the day. However you could sit there all day long and have patients not show up and not get paid anything. Full time employees have a difficult time making enough to cover health insurance not that they hire a lot of full time therapists.

Management leaves a lot to be desired. manager will tell you one thing to your face and then turn around and do the complete opposite. Higher up they make poor decisions as far as being cost-effective and you having the ability to help your patients. Pretty much your hands are tied.
Pros
Set your own schedule
Cons
Low pay, poor communication
Not enough pay or benefits to keep employees
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 20, 2018
They pay you just enough to not qualify for assistance. Major lay offs yearly. No people of color in power. Company has filed for bankruptcy multiple times, yet caters lunch for the CEO on the daily. No tuition reimbursement, over work employees and offer minimal pay. if you work in the call centers you are treated like lower class citizens by corporate.
Pros
Coworkers are very nice
Cons
Major lay offs nationwide
Its a job
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Murray, KYAugust 25, 2018
They don't lIke giving raises no matter how hard or good you work. You don't get advanced unless you are a brown nose. The people you work with are great but the ones above you think they're better than you.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Painful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rotech Healthcare Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight