Rotech Healthcare Inc. Employee Reviews

Needs a more localized approach
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 26, 2018
Current goal attainment is hindered by the "centralized" infrastructure. Due to this, referral sources as well as patients are upset because timelines are not met and thus business is lost to competition.
Pros
Relationships that I build with my customers
Cons
Unrealistic/Unattainable targets and goals
Lots of drama, unhealthy work environment
Patient Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Roy, UTOctober 20, 2018
Management is a joke, they play favorites and if you're not one of them expect a lot of drama. Some people can walk around and talk with no consequences but others will get yelled at for performance. Very stressful.
Pros
Healthcare benefits
Cons
Low pay, very stressful, management is bipolar
A great business to expand customer service and sales, but Medicare cut backs made it difficult to expand to new products
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ruston, LAOctober 13, 2018
I truly enjoyed the promoting and marketing of durable medical and respiratory equipment through educating doctors, nurses and other medical related business professionals about our products and services.
Pros
Flexibility in how you sell
Cons
Having to be on call as staff decreased due to cuts from Medicare
Stressful, highly demanding job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Conover, NCOctober 5, 2018
High Stress! Poorly managed company. You have to constantly apologize to customers and referral sources for rude customer service. Horrible job training and sales support. There are so many forces working against you to succeed. The area manager is a narcissist. Do not trust anyone within this organization.
Pros
Flexibility and income
Cons
High Stress, micromanagement, poor customer service to clients, too much paperwork and keeping track of orders, lack of integrity.
Heavily micro-managed
Respiratory Medical Equipment Technologist (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARSeptember 28, 2018
Corporate out of touch with staff. This company uses the cookie cutter approach to patient care i,e, one size fits all. They waste more money on trying to save money when it would make more sense to satisfy both the workers and patients by having an adequate amount of equipment to do the job with.
Only if you need healthcare sales experience, then get out.
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  ArkansasSeptember 26, 2018
Stepping stone job for healthcare sales. Poorly run and managed company. Get you experience, and hopefully you can get a better job and not get stuck there too long.
Pros
Healthcare sales experience
Cons
Pretty much everything else.
Cheap company to work for. Over worked and under payed
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaSeptember 24, 2018
I have been with Rotech for over 4 years. Loved it when first started. Good management and employees but very short handed. Then manager retired. I ran the whole location by myself for little pay with no raise. Manager , Respirtory therapist, sales Rep, driver and CSR. Never a raise . Worked late to complete all work. Never an advancement. They hire new employees and start their pay higher than mine. Making me train and manager still can’t complete any work. Never offered me a higher position but was promised one.
Pros
Love patients, and pto
Cons
Short lunch breaks or none. Wasn’t fair . Some wouldn’t even clock out to eat
Upper management is out of touch and customer service is non-existent
Location Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 23, 2018
Middle management are sycophants, unprofessional and lack integrity or character. Worst place I've ever worked. I do not recommend anyone work there unless you are happy pushing paper and allowing tenured staff run the location while embezzling.
Pros
Steady pay
Cons
Business intelligence ie KPI's are non-existent.
Great place
Recovery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLSeptember 20, 2018
This is a great place to work been here for a year sometimes when you have older people yelling all the time it can be a bit stressful but we have to understand they are not always having a great day. Management is great a considerate when you need to take off.
Pros
Paid Time off
Cons
Patients
terrible corporate support
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILSeptember 5, 2018
Corporate wants the business to grow but makes it hard when we never had stock or enough staffing to support that growth. Does not allow overtime for drivers and over works their office staff.
Pros
great pay
Cons
too much busy work and not enough office staff
Life lessons
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAAugust 30, 2018
I learned how to take initiative. I would be done with my work early in the day, before lunch, and so I had to find other things to preoccupy my time.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Sometimes there was nothing to do without any faxes
Its a job
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Murray, KYAugust 25, 2018
They don't lIke giving raises no matter how hard or good you work. You don't get advanced unless you are a brown nose. The people you work with are great but the ones above you think they're better than you.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Painful
Great!
FIELD OPERATIONS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 23, 2018
This started out as a job I didn’t think I’d want to move forward in, but now I can say that it was great!! I would definitely recommend to anyone I know.
Pros
Health benefits, Pto
No comment
Patient Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLAugust 21, 2018
I have zero comments to make about this company that would be appropriate or productive. Suffice it to say that I would absolutely NEVER recommend that anyone work there.
Worst working experience ever
CSP (Former Employee) –  Mifflinburg, PAAugust 19, 2018
Worst enviromnet to work in. Medication was stolen from my desk, made to feel like an animal in a cage. The “supervisors” don’t want to help you if you need help. So much turn over in one place.

Pay is unfair for all the work you are expected to do. In order to survive, you have to work overtime or get a second job, especially if you receive their healthcare.

Wouldn’t recommend this job to my worst enemy.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Being watched like a hawk
Ok but wouldn't recommend
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 14, 2018
Pay is based on what you do. If you see a lot of patients in a day you'll get a decent pay for the day. However you could sit there all day long and have patients not show up and not get paid anything. Full time employees have a difficult time making enough to cover health insurance not that they hire a lot of full time therapists.

Management leaves a lot to be desired. manager will tell you one thing to your face and then turn around and do the complete opposite. Higher up they make poor decisions as far as being cost-effective and you having the ability to help your patients. Pretty much your hands are tied.
Pros
Set your own schedule
Cons
Low pay, poor communication
Its not the enjoyable lack of training
Manager Operations (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARAugust 13, 2018
no help from upper leaders just numbers , no advancement in career or pay . No leave for small locations for medical leave and no real patient care for VA patients
Pros
Cons
short staffed
Horrible Experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 12, 2018
Terrible management, specifically the location manager, with terrible pay to match and a corporation who cared very little about it's employees, seeing everyone as expendable. The only reason I gave them a two in compensation/benefits is because the health benefits were great, that is if you can afford them on the incredibly low salary they offer. They proved to care very little about their patients as well; billing was overlooked resulting in patients being slapped with a huge bill for past months they thought were covered by insurance, o2 recertifications were never followed through properly causing patients to lose their equipment and have to start the entire qualification process over again. Unfortunately, that's the tip of the iceberg. Very disappointed with this company as a whole.
Loved working for a company that believed in it's employees and patients
Location Manager (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAAugust 7, 2018
Great place to work for. Great team work. Follows medicare guidelines. Promotes from within. Management takes the time to get to know you and your family.
Pros
growth and team work
very stressful, and feeling insecure on the job.
Customer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Murray, KYAugust 6, 2018
many changes in processes and manager turnover, so the consistancy of rules and regulations change with each turnover so you don't quite feel secure, in your position and with the current management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rotech Healthcare Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight