Rotech Healthcare Inc. Employee Reviews

Great place
Recovery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLSeptember 20, 2018
This is a great place to work been here for a year sometimes when you have older people yelling all the time it can be a bit stressful but we have to understand they are not always having a great day. Management is great a considerate when you need to take off.
Pros
Paid Time off
Cons
Patients
Life lessons
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAAugust 30, 2018
I learned how to take initiative. I would be done with my work early in the day, before lunch, and so I had to find other things to preoccupy my time.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Sometimes there was nothing to do without any faxes
Its a job
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Murray, KYAugust 25, 2018
They don't lIke giving raises no matter how hard or good you work. You don't get advanced unless you are a brown nose. The people you work with are great but the ones above you think they're better than you.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Painful
Great!
FIELD OPERATIONS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 23, 2018
This started out as a job I didn’t think I’d want to move forward in, but now I can say that it was great!! I would definitely recommend to anyone I know.
Pros
Health benefits, Pto
No comment
Patient Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLAugust 21, 2018
I have zero comments to make about this company that would be appropriate or productive. Suffice it to say that I would absolutely NEVER recommend that anyone work there.
Worst working experience ever
CSP (Former Employee) –  Mifflinburg, PAAugust 19, 2018
Worst enviromnet to work in. Medication was stolen from my desk, made to feel like an animal in a cage. The “supervisors” don’t want to help you if you need help. So much turn over in one place.

Pay is unfair for all the work you are expected to do. In order to survive, you have to work overtime or get a second job, especially if you receive their healthcare.

Wouldn’t recommend this job to my worst enemy.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Being watched like a hawk
Ok but wouldn't recommend
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 14, 2018
Pay is based on what you do. If you see a lot of patients in a day you'll get a decent pay for the day. However you could sit there all day long and have patients not show up and not get paid anything. Full time employees have a difficult time making enough to cover health insurance not that they hire a lot of full time therapists.

Management leaves a lot to be desired. manager will tell you one thing to your face and then turn around and do the complete opposite. Higher up they make poor decisions as far as being cost-effective and you having the ability to help your patients. Pretty much your hands are tied.
Pros
Set your own schedule
Cons
Low pay, poor communication
Its not the enjoyable lack of training
Manager Operations (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARAugust 13, 2018
no help from upper leaders just numbers , no advancement in career or pay . No leave for small locations for medical leave and no real patient care for VA patients
Pros
Cons
short staffed
Horrible Experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 12, 2018
Terrible management, specifically the location manager, with terrible pay to match and a corporation who cared very little about it's employees, seeing everyone as expendable. The only reason I gave them a two in compensation/benefits is because the health benefits were great, that is if you can afford them on the incredibly low salary they offer. They proved to care very little about their patients as well; billing was overlooked resulting in patients being slapped with a huge bill for past months they thought were covered by insurance, o2 recertifications were never followed through properly causing patients to lose their equipment and have to start the entire qualification process over again. Unfortunately, that's the tip of the iceberg. Very disappointed with this company as a whole.
Loved working for a company that believed in it's employees and patients
Location Manager (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAAugust 7, 2018
Great place to work for. Great team work. Follows medicare guidelines. Promotes from within. Management takes the time to get to know you and your family.
Pros
growth and team work
very stressful, and feeling insecure on the job.
Customer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Murray, KYAugust 6, 2018
many changes in processes and manager turnover, so the consistancy of rules and regulations change with each turnover so you don't quite feel secure, in your position and with the current management.
Toxic environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 4, 2018
Poor management, Inconsistent procedures, coworkers are great on a personal note but pitted against each other in the work place. No compassion towards patients. Very stressful, always walking on eggshells.
Pros
Pto, casual attire
Cons
Unprofessional, cut-throat, earned bonuses are considered to be your raise
Flexible schedule but toxic environment.
Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INAugust 1, 2018
The management likes to brush issues brought to their attention under the rug causing a toxic and drama filled environment. Staff is pitted against each other since they do not operate as an actual team rather they act as many individual teams which causes an unnecessary divide. They state they have competitive pay, but they pay multiple dollars less than other DME/billing companies. They have high expectations that are almost unattainable. The HR department doesn’t address valid issues and will back the poor management. They have poor training and wonder why performances aren’t where they should be. Due to the ever changing billing processes no one is completely confident in the answers they are giving. There’s absolutely no accountability whatsoever for all positions, more like the blame game. They are very aware of the high turnover yet so nothing to prevent it and see employees as replaceable.
Pros
Option for 30 minutes or hour lunch. Flexible schedule and great PTO.
Cons
Micromanaging, poor management, no raises unless you promote up.
LOVE Rotech
CSS (Customer Service Specialist) (Current Employee) –  Roy, UTAugust 1, 2018
I am a current CSS in the Intake department at the Roy, Utah location. I LOVE the team atmosphere, my management team is there when I need them rather work or personal they have an open door.
The job is fast pace and always changing however that's the world we live in today esp a Medical world, I love the challenges and goals set forth daily by my Supervisor.
The three teams we have are always in some sort of fun competition to meet goals, although we all do something different the games we play focus on our goals for each function.
PTO is very good w/ this company, the points system for attendance is flexible and allows me several points before I am in trouble.
I highly recommend the Intake department to anyone looking for a Medical Field position in my area, I love this place and do not plan on leaving as there is ton's or promotion opportunities.
Pros
Promotion Opportunities, Pto, Great atmosphere
Cons
Great company with opportunity for advancement!
Patient Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Roy, UTJuly 30, 2018
The Roy CSC has a fun and laid back atmosphere. The team structure allows for friendly competition and motivation. There is great incentive and opportunity to move up in the company and to move up quickly. Quarterly bonuses are also possible.
Pros
Opportunity to advance, great management/leadership, bonuses.
Very productive with great atmosphere
Customer Support (Current Employee) –  Roy, UTJuly 25, 2018
I have been with Rotech for almost 12 years and in that time I have excelled with the support of my peers and the company. The work is fast paced and as the medical field is ever changing it keeps us on our toes and continually learning. If you are looking for a challenge and do not like to get bored this is the place for you! The company offers competitive benefits and GREAT paid time off. The staff is supportive and we thrive in our team environment.
Stressfull Work Environment
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDJuly 24, 2018
The company needs a make over. There is lack of training and no room for advancement. There is not enough employees. There is no set rules for incoming orders.
Experience gaining employment
Senior Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 18, 2018
I overall enjoyed this job, but its because of my work ethic. I am good and know what I am doing. You will not have any support or resources from management. It is super fast paced and stressful, but if you know how to conduct yourself with the worse possible patients, lack of support, resources, training, and can be a self starter/ sulf sufficient then its perfect. I was there just under 3 years and loved it. I am only being honest in the fact of what the job entails. No raises so get what you can from the beginning, although, its not that easy to negotiate with them. Sales rep is absolutely amazing and will help you get all required documents for insurance purposes. I worked in 2 location in just under 3 years and had 5 managers between the 2 offices. They cant seem to find good management. I am sure if they could, it would be a great environment and great place to work. Either way, I loved it.
Pros
great job security, advancement opportunities, and room for overtime
Cons
long hours, no life
Stressful and big tuenover of emplyeess
Medical Collector (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJuly 13, 2018
Lakeland dl. Worked 4 days and let go along with 4 other employees with no notice or why was still in training. mangers don't like you asking question. Couldn't take your purse to desk due to hippa id theift by employee. Couldn't take your lunch in excwpt in see though bags. Low pay. Disrespectful people afrid of losing jobs at any time. With no warning. Lied to patients re account balance but took hugh discounts if pushed back. Would not recommend if looking for a good lonf term job. Managers had poor knowledge of collections and appeals. Poor company values
Pros
Cons
Working therw at low pay rate
The bad, the meh, and the good
Customer Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Presque Isle, MEJuly 11, 2018
This has been the best job I have ever had and I love my job.

The Bad: That said ROTECH does not do a very good job of wanting to keep good employees. You want/earned a raise? Don't get one, and in fact they will more than likely cut your pay and tell you no more over time. No incentive to be on call at all and no help except your co workers when you are on call. Managers are widely hit or miss and use absolutely ZERO common sense. Managers who do terrible enjoy the protection of those above them and push their work onto others in the office. Despite bad sales numbers and numbers that keep dropping over a period of a year, sales people keep their jobs.

The meh: Pay is okay for my area (should be more though especially with other companies offering over 2 to 4 dollars more a hour). You get a hour lunch. Doctors and their offices don't always know what they need to do (despite doing things and explaining things over and over to them)

The good: I love my fellow office coworkers(minus the managers). The day goes by very fast. I get my own van. My patients are great.
Pros
Job, Patients, coworkers
Cons
management, pay, on call relief

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rotech Healthcare Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight