Rotech Healthcare Inc.
53Below average

Rotech Healthcare Inc. Employee Reviews

United States590 reviews
Deliver driver
Long hours. Little compensation. No advancement. Love my patients. Needy, greedy, and policy driven. Would have loved a raise after over 3 years, especially after I dragged their name out of the toilet.
Not the best place for Clinicians
Best thing to say is this companies management is very self serving. Patients will have oxygen removed without orders allot, same with vents and CPAPs and BiLevel. This company’s reputation is terrible! They can’t keep staff!!!
No bad to start
Had good experienced working at Rotech. Left at the moment they weren't paying fairly for a team lead position and work load. I did enjoyed working there.
There was work to do
The place kept you busy. Some teams and supervisors were liked better than others. It just depended on who you knew and not actually what you did. The work was not hard. You could get help when you needed it. Don't get sick because you will get written up, even with a doctor's note.
Terrible
They can't keep employees. New employees are setup for failure with little to no training and other locations, as well as upper management, seemed unwilling to help. We spent most of our time trying to fix customer issues that were created by the previous employees, which was not always a pleasant experience. Phones were flooded all day with complaints and upset customers. It truly bothered me to see how many and how long customers had been neglected for. I loved the group of people I started with, we were an awesome team, but they were also new and barely knew anymore than I did. Eventually everyone ending up quitting and I ended up being the last employee left at that location. I was transferred to a whole different location which was a terrible experience. Overall, Not a good place to start out at if you have no experience in this field.
Pros
Building strong customer relationships
Cons
Workload, management, lack of team work, terrible training.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
This is a great company to work for. Everyone is very supportive and helpful.
When I was hired at Rotech I was unsure if this would be a job for me or not. After 16 years in the food industry and on my feet all day this was a complete turn upside down. After only a few short weeks here, I am totally and completely in love with my job. I have several different tasks to complete throughout the day which keeps me moving around and keeps me from getting bored. The hours I work are convenient for raising my son and not missing out on important events in his life. This is a career change that i am very happy with making and I continue to ask myself everyday why I didn't make this choice sooner?? I would recommend working for this company to anyone.
Great Environment Empowering Employees to Reach Goals
Rotech is an outstanding company. They truly walk their talk. Employees are important and you are treated like family. Praise and encouragement flow freely. There is positive energy and a team spirit that permeates everything we do. I look forward to coming to work every day. The job has it's challenges but the victories are well worth it. If you have an eye for detail and are goal oriented this would be the perfect fit for you. The management at Rotech Mifflinburg truly care. They foster an open door policy and encourage feedback.
The Memphis Location is very unprofessional and underhanded. They have performed illegal documentation just to make points for special Sales reps.
This is NO PLACE I WOULD RECOMMEND TO ANYONE I CARE ABOUT. The management team will play with your livelihood if you are not on board for the BS. If you don’t walk and talk they way the location MGR does she will cry every week until they decide to fire you
Rotech is exactly the job ive been looking for.
Although I am fairly new to Rotech, I must say I love working there. Everyone is helpful and understanding with any difficulties you may be having. I walked in the door with zero knowledge of what my job required,and after a 2 week training period; I went to the floor feeling confident in knowing that although I still had a lot to learn, I had already accomplished so much. Best move I've made was joining the Rotech team.
it was a great place to work
It was a nice place to work and I did learn different skills and the co workers were friendly. nice area and compute from home. You have to have a sense of care and concern, because they deal with people who can't breath well and other illness. Most of the patient are elderly so one needs to be patient and care as much about the client as the job.
Good job
Good company offered good benefits and bonuses.
After learning to navigate the corporate structure it was a good environment.

There were times less qualified people were hired to save mo ey.
It's collections
The money is good however it is collections and you have to be ok with that. Supervisor was nice but help could be hard to find. Overall if you like collections you should like the job.
Run by poor management. Narcissist, high turnover and very disorganized.
No training environment, learn as you go. No advancement opportunities, all about who you know within. Company gives used equipment and charges insurance for new equipment. Takes advantage of medicare and medicaid recipents by not fully disclosing cost. Work environment is very busy with no breaks, also negative with tone and constant demand complain.
Audit
I enjoyed some of the people on my team. But in the end I realized I wasn’t appreciated or cared for. To much gossip between supervisors cause a lot of issue. Overall I was not appreciated, praised or even acknowledged at some point.
Management sucks
They have the worst management team their and the customer service is no better, this is why they are losing business. You cannot trust the people they are thirsty and unprofessional in the way that they conduct business.
A stressful company to work with
This company is a scam artist. Management claims they care about the patient's health, but they do not. All they value is money. Especially here in Orlando, FL. The young Sleep Central manager doesnt have a clue with what he is doing. He's always putting his work onto someone else. The company has bad healthcare benefits, pay will barely get you by. This job will bring on bad headaches
Too much to learn
You are given daily tasks. Do not deviate from the list. Follow the tasks or you will get in trouble. No thinking for yourself. There are break times and you must follow them. I think there are three of them AM and PM. DO not go 1 minute of 8 hours a day or you are in trouble. Too much to learn. You will be confused for at least a year I was told. A year?! OMG it is stressful and too much to learn. Coffee in kitchen. NO cups. Bring your own mugs and cups for water. You are on your own. Collection Generalist you do not collect money. You correct claim forms.
Rotech way
Not a bad company could definitely use more help raise the pay scale so they can a track good people and take care of the good people they have,my job consisted of working every other weekend and when there was only one you worked every weekend which is just crazy after a 40+ week,But still would recommend this company if all else fail.
Terrible
Terrible place to work, make you do the job of 4 people and pay you for one. Management talks very badly and treats you like you are beneath them, if you go to HR about it they turn a blind eye , just over all terrible experience that I never want to go through again.. they stressed me out daily, sent emails with demeaning content, phone calls daily as well
Decent place to work
The particular office I work in is a pleasurable place to work and very laid back. Upper management leaves a lot to be desired. The company does lack in training new employees.
Just Don't
Rotech is probably the worst place I have ever worked. Do yourself a favor and don't ever work here. The company doesn't care about you or anyone else and they make sure you know it. It is scary how they don't care about our entire office getting sick and the ones that say anything suddenly disappear. I can't wait for everything to get back to normal so I can find a job anywhere else.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rotech Healthcare Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7
InHerSight Score
1.6Personal Development
2.8Career Opportunities
2.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight