Rotech Healthcare Inc. Employee Reviews

2.7
Ratings breakdown
Stressful and big tuenover of emplyeess
Medical Collector (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJuly 13, 2018
Lakeland dl. Worked 4 days and let go along with 4 other employees with no notice or why was still in training. mangers don't like you asking question. Couldn't take your purse to desk due to hippa id theift by employee. Couldn't take your lunch in excwpt in see though bags. Low pay. Disrespectful people afrid of losing jobs at any time. With no warning. Lied to patients re account balance but took hugh discounts if pushed back. Would not recommend if looking for a good lonf term job. Managers had poor knowledge of collections and appeals. Poor company values
Pros
Cons
Working therw at low pay rate
The bad, the meh, and the good
Customer Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Presque Isle, MEJuly 11, 2018
This has been the best job I have ever had and I love my job.

The Bad: That said ROTECH does not do a very good job of wanting to keep good employees. You want/earned a raise? Don't get one, and in fact they will more than likely cut your pay and tell you no more over time. No incentive to be on call at all and no help except your co workers when you are on call. Managers are widely hit or miss and use absolutely ZERO common sense. Managers who do terrible enjoy the protection of those above them and push their work onto others in the office. Despite bad sales numbers and numbers that keep dropping over a period of a year, sales people keep their jobs.

The meh: Pay is okay for my area (should be more though especially with other companies offering over 2 to 4 dollars more a hour). You get a hour lunch. Doctors and their offices don't always know what they need to do (despite doing things and explaining things over and over to them)

The good: I love my fellow office coworkers(minus the managers). The day goes by very fast. I get my own van. My patients are great.
Pros
Job, Patients, coworkers
Cons
management, pay, on call relief
Managers are disrespectful
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJuly 10, 2018
The mangers there are so funny acting and disrespectful. They need to throw the whole management team away. They don’t know how to train people properly.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Managers rude af
Fast paced and challenging
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Venus, TXJuly 7, 2018
I enjoyed working at Rotech healthcare. I would work there again if I was able to work full time. They have good benefits and give their employees plenty of personal and sick days so you are able to take care of anything needed outside of work. I had really good managers. The only reason I left was due to being bullied by a sales rep and no one would do anything about it. So I chose to leave a job I loved to get away from one toxic person no one would reprimand because she brought in lots of sales
"Unprofessional,Unorganized,Dishonest"
Patient Account Rep (Former Employee) –  New Tampa Hwy Lakeland FlJune 28, 2018
Absolutely NO customer service, the agents and the supervisors talk to the their patients and their employees any kind of way, they do not care about their patients, their training is insufficient, their entire setup is unorganized, TJ will tell you one thing during the interview and you later find out it's another, (they will fire you just as fast as they will hire you) w/ out saying a word, but will look you in the face all day knowing they are plotting against you, I've never worked for a company that was so backwards and dishonest such as this one, the work LOAD that they want you to do does not account for the pay rate they want to pay. If anyone is interesting in applying at the Lakeland office, the best of luck. You'll get a taste of your own medicine, to each is own.
Pros
The New Tampa Hwy office in Lakeland Fl. is unfortunately still in business, Keep To Yourself And Trust No One
Cons
Highly Unprofessional
Stressful, but easy job.
Customer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Roy, UTJune 25, 2018
I do like the set hours Monday-Friday, and the job is easy but it can be stressful. The management is not really willing to work with you and will throw you under the bus to protect themselves. You will get told to work an account one way, but it will be incorrect and when you get told you worked the account incorrectly they will get mad at the rep when the rep was told by management. The building is not very clean, and we have to write a note to have the carpet around our desk to be vacuumed.
Pros
Set weekly hours
Cons
Dirty building, low pay, stressful, and not good management
not a good company
PSY (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJune 22, 2018
This company had the worst office staff and very poor customer service. They did not care about their employees. Would not maintain their vehicles. Very poor company,
Pros
Cons
the whole company
Very low paying job
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 19, 2018
The pay for the work we do is to low. In order to get a raise you have to take a test. The raise is 20 cents if your lucky 40 cents. Every day something changes. Managment makes rules and changes them whenever they what.

People steal from your lockers but you can't bring you purse to your desk to lock it up there. You can't even eat at your desk! Breakfast is the most important part of the day. When you have a family to take care of its hard to take care of yourself. I can eat and work at the same time but food is not allowed. So you'll just have to stay hungary until lunch. That's cruel, some people have medical problems and need to snack. People get laid off, people quit or go to another department.

You have to make your numbers or your out. People make the numbers but do the work wrong yet they are prasied for getting their numbers. Some coworkers you can't trust but pretend to help you. You have to watch your back.

Again low low low pay for the work!!! Terrible work environment.
Pros
Work hours
Cons
Everything else!
Deceptive
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mifflinburg, PAJune 19, 2018
When you are being interviewed you are promised advancement opportunities. After you accept the position, the whole truth is revealed. No one receives raises.
Stressful
Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INJune 13, 2018
The training is poor. The "basic" is taught yet all new hires do not know how to do the simplest parts of the job. 80% of the floor employees know more about the job than those leading. Very stressful place. Recommend if you are up for a challenge.

Want to know more about Rotech Healthcare Inc.?

Ask a question
Poor Management
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVJune 11, 2018
Poor management, direction is different from different levels and there is no confidence in company from referral sources because the company over promises and under delivers.
Micro management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  WyomingJune 8, 2018
Low pay alot of hours and poor attitude work environment. Unorganized and unstable. Poor cleanliness for a medical type facility. Poor patient reviews. High turnover rate. Lack of leadership and training also.
Pros
Not much.
i have noithing to say
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMay 23, 2018
management was poor- no supervision and it as very cutthroat. Management didn't know what they were doing as far as procedures go. it was a learn as you go and when mistakes were made it was your fault
n/a
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  MarylandMay 22, 2018
Looking for more advancement. The company is making Sales changes that are hard to fit operationally. Our succes is like a roller coast ride due to the inconsistency of corporate
Okay place to start
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 18, 2018
They are very unorganized but it’s a fun environment. Policies and what not change constantly. One minute you’re doing one job and the next day you’re doing something totally different.
Loved the staff
Location Manager 6 (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 10, 2018
Loved working with all the staff but the Upper management needs to spend more time in locations to see what is needed not just basing decisions on numbers. Numbers cannot increase when there is not enough staff to work orders correctly.
Pros
Great PTO
Cons
Always short staffed
Stress filled and fast paced
RRT (Former Employee) –  OklahomaMay 1, 2018
Stressful and everything you do is never enough. Poor management and no appreciation. Work load is unreasonable and routes were so spread out, you almost never had time for lunch.
Cons
work load, poor management, incompetent coworkers
Don't waste your time
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 29, 2018
This was an awful place to work. Management doesn't care about you as a person they only care about making number. Coworkers are nice but management ignores you or treats you like your a child. Free coffee and tea but the water from the water cooler is gross and so is the ice in the freezer, they both smelled bad. Someone is going to get sick. The trainer is nice. The work was not hard and the coworkers were helpful. The environment was okay cause you get your own desk. But Managment and the some of the locations are awful. Stay away! I'd rather be unemployed.
Pros
Paid PTO
Cons
Everything else!
Terrible place to work!!!
CSS (Former Employee) –  Roy, UTApril 23, 2018
I was employed by Rotech for less than a month and on a Monday they decided to bring 16 of us into a conference room and tell us as a group that we were selected to be let go of. No reasoning, no apologies, nothing.... I also was working there and had my keys stolen from my desk as a practical joke. If you like sorority games and high school cliques then this would be the place for you.
Pros
Can't think of any... nice trainer
Cons
management, management, environment, 0 job security
fast paced
Patient Service Technician/Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Sun City, AZApril 22, 2018
lots of phone calls and paper work always trying to keep up with all the patients and the new referrals that com in daily. making sure that the patients are taken care of.
Pros
busy
Cons
at times too busy