Rotech Healthcare Inc.
Happiness rating is 50 out of 100

Rotech Healthcare Inc. Employee Reviews in Mifflinburg, PA

Had good experienced working at Rotech. Left at the moment they weren't paying fairly for a team lead position and work load. I did enjoyed working there.
A typical day at work is sitting at a computer by yourself, no body talks to you. The only way you make friends is by sucking up to people or being EXTREMELY smart.
If you have a family, kids, a house, split bills with spouse... the pay will barely get you by. Management likes you if you’re an a** kisser. If you pride yourself on your hard work ethic, this job will only tear you down and make you feel less than deserving of all your hard work each and every day. So yeah, I advise you look for better. Anything is better than Rotech.
Pros
Pto
Cons
From day 1, great support from so many people. A genuine concern for the staff on both a personal and a professional level. Fast paced environment with a constant flow of work, so the days fly by! Amazing paid time off package with 18 days of vacation on top of 6 paid holidays in your first full year.
Very Low pay. No one wants to help anyone with work. Attitudes with upper management. Poor management no communication. Unable to bring purse into work.
Pros
Flex time
Cons
Low pay
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
I have to chuckle when reading the positive reviews for Rotech's billing and collections center in Mifflinburg... It is very clear that the vast majority were written by either a member of the leadership team, or by fresh meat still sadly disillusioned and straight out of training. I can guess which of my former coworkers typed some of these, and I myself definitely typed at least 2.Afterall, we were directed during leadership meetings to leave those fluffy 5-star reviews, and then encourage new employees to do the same before they realized how badly their new jobs truly suck. The poor ratings on Indeed and Glassdoor are a reoccurring pain point because corporate leaders and upper management primarily focus on finding ways to reel in new employees and patients. Unfortunately, the same passion and effort that they consistently throw into these deceptions is not also given to providing adequate patient care, decent customer service, ethical business practice, or basic human decency.Rotech gives employees piles of PTO to distract from their offensively low wages, expensive insurance premiums, and garbage benefit coverage. Using said PTO ultimately results in more work and more stress, so eventually it becomes more of a burden than benefit. The workload is overwhelmingly impossible to manage, and it is difficult to achieve either quality or quantity using their archaic system. Assigned tasks are cherry-picked for the benefit of only a small handful of favorites, resulting in often unattainable goals and unearned bonuses for the large majority of collectors. Career - more...
Pros
Awesome coworkers, Excessive PTO
Cons
EVERYTHING ELSE! Offensively low pay, Expensive benefits with little coverage, Little to no job satisfaction, Lack of sufficient training, Very high stress and pressure, Detrimental career advancement, Incompetant corporate management structure, Drama and discord from the the top, Deceitful human relations practices, No reward for excelling job performances
When I was hired at Rotech I was unsure if this would be a job for me or not. After 16 years in the food industry and on my feet all day this was a complete turn upside down. After only a few short weeks here, I am totally and completely in love with my job. I have several different tasks to complete throughout the day which keeps me moving around and keeps me from getting bored. The hours I work are convenient for raising my son and not missing out on important events in his life. This is a career change that i am very happy with making and I continue to ask myself everyday why I didn't make this choice sooner?? I would recommend working for this company to anyone.
Although I am fairly new to Rotech, I must say I love working there. Everyone is helpful and understanding with any difficulties you may be having. I walked in the door with zero knowledge of what my job required,and after a 2 week training period; I went to the floor feeling confident in knowing that although I still had a lot to learn, I had already accomplished so much. Best move I've made was joining the Rotech team.
Rotech is probably the worst place I have ever worked. Do yourself a favor and don't ever work here. The company doesn't care about you or anyone else and they make sure you know it. It is scary how they don't care about our entire office getting sick and the ones that say anything suddenly disappear. I can't wait for everything to get back to normal so I can find a job anywhere else.
Love that goals are attainable, allowing for both professional & personal growth. High level of flexibility to allow home/work balance. I love my job and the people I work with each day.
The office I worked at had a sense of family. The company had many positions all over the united states. It had plenty of opportunity to promote within the company.
I have worked at Rotech now for 5 years. I came in with zero knowledge of what this business was about and zero medical billing experience. We are given on-site training to learn the basics for a period of time then moved to the floor to learn the roles of the position that you were hired for. Since starting here, I have promoted 5 times due to the hard work and knowledge I have collected. We strive for success on a daily basis to put us where we need to be by the end of each month, quarter and year. The work load is heavy and there is never a day when you have nothing to do. OT is basically always available! I honestly love my job. It's a laid back job that offers great benefits from PTO, FH, Flex, and other benefit programs! I have developed many friendships since being employed here. This really is a great place to work!
Pros
Pto, Benefits, Friendly co workers, Bonus plans
Cons
Constant Changes
I have worked in the mifflinburg office for 3 years and have promoted twice. After you 90 day probationary period you will receive excellent paid time off and will have flex time available. Management genuinely cares about staff. It is a fast paced environment with frequent changes , but this is discussed in every interview. Promotion is available and pay raise come with promotions. Bonus plan has been changed to be more employee friendly.
Pros
Pto and flex time
Cons
Frequent changes
Yes, this is a very fast paced world, but as a corporation, and within our office specifically, we are always working on ways to improve our processes and the tools available to us to make our jobs easier. We welcome feedback from all staff and pride ourselves on providing support from many different facets within our team structure, from in house trainers, team leads, supervisors, managers and our HR Dept. As you climb the ranks into our collection world, our corporation realigns bonuses to be 100% contingent upon each individuals personal efforts and accomplishments. The harder you work, the more you stand to make. Room for advancement...16+ promo's in the past 3 months!
Pros
Great paid time off, family atmosphere, M-F schedule
Cons
Can be stressful if you aren't comfortable with fast pace and change in routine
Horrible management, upper management promotes favorites, yells at the hard working employees but allows the lazy ones to get away with anything. Treats employees like gum on the bottom of their shoes. I would never recommend anyone to work there! Allows drugs to be sold in the building and nothing was done to the employee caught and later promoted that employee!
Pros
Flex time, pto, co workers
Cons
Bad pay, hostile work environment, favorites.
Worst enviromnet to work in. Medication was stolen from my desk, made to feel like an animal in a cage. The “supervisors” don’t want to help you if you need help. So much turn over in one place. Pay is unfair for all the work you are expected to do. In order to survive, you have to work overtime or get a second job, especially if you receive their healthcare. Wouldn’t recommend this job to my worst enemy.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Being watched like a hawk
When you are being interviewed you are promised advancement opportunities. After you accept the position, the whole truth is revealed. No one receives raises.
The working environment is relaxed but you are expected to stay on task and reach company standards. Coworkers and staff are friendly. Pay could be better for amount of work per day.
Pros
Benefits, Pto, Friendly Coworkers/Staff
Cons
Short Lunch/Breaks, Low Pay
PTO and flexibility are great for a family. Organization of company is questionable. Good way to get feet wet in medical billing. Minimal opportunity to advance.
Very enjoyable place to work with great camaraderie. Processed insurance claims daily. Staff was a pleasure to work for. Management went above and beyond to assist employees with any issues there were.
Pros
Excellent staff
Cons
Rehire rules
I enjoyed the job I did. The management was horrible. You couldn't even go to the bathroom without an email being sent out; that you were taking unnecessary breaks. Very disorganized also. Supervisors and Management treated employees like they are all disposable.