Rotek Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
nice place
CNC Machinist Lead (Current Employee) –  Florence, KYOctober 3, 2017
Its a job, what you put in is what you'll get out. Apply yourself and you'll be good to go. Pretty good pay. Usually overtime is available. Paid holidays.
if you don't mind doing the same thing for years and years, Rotek is for you.
Sales Order Planning Associate (Current Employee) –  Aurora, OHSeptember 28, 2017
~no room for advancement
~big brother is watching
~decent pay
~depending on the department, this is a good place to work
~sales is not one of those departments
It was a great place to start
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYSeptember 13, 2017
The company was great till there was a change in upper management and they changed everything. there was a huge shift in management and they hired in people that had never worked in a machine shop to run a machine shop. I would still recommend to someone looking for a job.
One strike and you're out for management .
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Aurora, OHJune 21, 2017
Guys on the floor have a lot of experience. Upper management sometimes listens and sometimes they don't. Upper management Doesn't get the supervisors on the floor enough credit and one strike and you're out for any time you screw up.
Great Work place
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYJanuary 4, 2016
In the morning we would find out how much product we would have to assemble. We would have a radio to keep us entertained and everyone had a assignment. I learned how to assemble there and the management team would meet with us often. The co-workers all got along and the job was a joy to do. There wasn't anything that was hard about the job and it's a great business to work for.
Pros
hourly wage, great opportunity to move forward
Could be a great company
Territorial Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Aurora, OHMay 24, 2015
Unfortunately, they are ruled by the SWU. Huge strike had an unfortunate impact on business and let competition swoop in a take a LOT of market share and was not able to recover in the plan that was setup.
CEO was dismissed (never a good sign). Sales goals for the forging side could not recover in the time scale wanted. Weak sales and poor outlook forced company to enact cost reduction methods which translated into a reduction in force with many of the positions being salaried positions. The workers in union were pretty much untouched.
VERY POOR MANAGEMENT!!! Plant managers have NO Experience! Upper Management is Garbage!! No Job Security.
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Aurora, OhioJanuary 19, 2013
Getting laid off from here was by far the BEST thing that's ever happened to me. This is the worst company I have ever worked for. Upper management doesn't care about hourly employees or how to make anybody's job easier or about anybody's ideas unless the end result is lining their own pockets with cash. They don't bat an eye at losing half a million dollars on an order, because they are continuously funded by a German company who apparently doesn't look at the books.

GLASS CEILING, NO JOB SECURITY, LOOK FOR EMPLOYMENT ANYWHERE ELSE BUT HERE, THIS IS YOUR WARNING!!
Pros
pay used to be good, until they took that away too.
Cons
long hours, all benefits are trying to be pulled away from employees, too many cons to list here.

Want to know more about Rotek?

Ask a question