Rothman Institute Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
Amazing Company
Medical Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJMay 13, 2018
I was a student intern here and I absolutely loved every moment of it. You can tell that Rothman truly values their employees! The doctors are amazing to work with and the nurses and medical assistants are very hands on and are always willing to help when you have a question. The company always looks to advance from within before searching outside of the company. They are a great company to grow with!
Pros
Friendly staff, room for growth, great benefits, cares for employees
Cons
Honestly can’t name any cons
Everyone’s nice
Externship Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Egg Harbor Township, NJMay 6, 2018
Good working environment. I experienced different departments of the office. Everything is quick paced and easy. Always had healthy snacks available. Workers and doctors were always nice.
Fun and Safe workplace with room for advancement
Lead Pod Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Marlton, NJMay 2, 2018
A typical day at the Rothman Institute consisted of rooming and preparing patients for the physician, removing sutures and staples, cleaning wounds, and entering patient health information into EMR. I learned to maintain PAR levels on clinical supplies and ordering necessary supplies, fitting patients for orthotics/ applying splints and casts, and how to properly bill an office visit.
Pros
fun work environment, friendly staff
Nice offices
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sewell, NJMarch 12, 2018
I worked with one physician primarily who only did EMG's all day every day. A bilateral EMG took about an hour to complete and I just sat and waited for it to be finished. This job was too boring for me and I felt like my skills and experience were being wasted.
Great experience
Appointment Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 20, 2018
Fast paced work environment, great co-workers, enjoyed my job while I was there. HR is clearly well run at this company. They provided in depth new employee training, they moved quickly with hiring, and were prompt to respond to questions.
Not sure how to answer.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Marlton, NJJanuary 25, 2018
Very different than what i thought. I figured this was a great place to work but it's very .Work place is very easy. I have learned a lot i just don't like to be judged by the color of my skin. Hardest part is remembering which insurance we accept . I enjoy working with others very well.
Pros
Rothman parties
Cons
Managers
A wonderful place to work
Temporary receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAJanuary 15, 2018
my time at Rothman has been amazing. I am so sad that i have to leave. Everyone there is welcoming and helpful. The management has been nothing but kind and a joy to work for. I am going to miss my job at Rothmans so much.
Pros
Best employees and managers
Cons
no pto time for temps even if the office is closed
Operational Manager (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaSeptember 25, 2017
There are some great people that work there. Most of the providers go the extra mile to be friendly to staff.

Need to invest more in infrastructure and work life balance. Communication lacks, and is often incorrect by time it makes it way all the way through a service line.
Pros
A lot of hard working employees, and Providers
Cons
Leadership
Great Place
Surgery Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 21, 2017
The years I worked at Rothman Institute was a great experience. I got to meet many great surgeons and employees. However, management have their picks and if you not their favorite you can forget it. Pay and benefits are great and you work for every bit of your pay. Definitely no team work.
Pros
Great Benefits and Pay
Fast paced workplace
Medical Assistant Internship (Former Employee) –  Egg Harbor Township, NJSeptember 6, 2017
Overall great company to work for.
Some days are slow paced and others are fast.
System used is very easy to learn, at first it may seem like difficult
Great place to work!
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 6, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job was patient service, I really enjoy working with the public. The workplace culture at Rothman gave you a sense of pride.
Great Company, Some Stress
Surgical Clearance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Willow Grove, PAJuly 2, 2017
I enjoy working for the Rothman Institute in general. They provider great benefits, including annual raises and a bonus twice a year. Most of my peers are very competent, understanding, and helpful. Sometimes I felt that there was a disconnect between the employees, regional management, and corporate management.
As a Surgical Clearance Coordinator my job was always busy and extremely deadline oriented. However, despite working as hard as I can and achieving multiple successes, I found that some of management comes down very hard when things do not go as planned, even if that only happened a small percentage of the time.
Pros
Good compensation and FULL benefits (401k, vacation, all insurances, raises, bonuses)
Cons
work life balance can be poor at times, company expects tremendous output but does not allow overtime.
Great Place to Work
Credentialing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 12, 2017
It is a great place to work. There is a no lay off policy in place. The senior management listens to the staff when there are glitches in the flow. A typical day is that you are handling the business of the company from the time you start to the time you leave. there is always something to be done to achieve the goals of the company. The only downside is that there is minimal opportunity to do overtime.
At Rothman Institute, I learned that it takes a team to get all of the work done, and the people here work as a team and are very dedicated and are proud of the work they produce.
The hardest part of the job is how to get everything done in the work day, and implementing a serious time management tool in your life, as the days are never the same and the demands for each day are different. The needs of the business office are growing as the company is growing and is a great place to learn anything in the healthcare business world.
The most enjoyable part of the job are the people who work for RI.
Pros
no-layoff policy, Summer party in NJ
Cons
the job is stressful if you are not highly organized.
This was a fun office to work at.
Medical Receptionist/ Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Media, PAApril 10, 2017
Sports Medicine was a lot of fun. We got to see sports patients and assist with orthotics and injuries that needed treatment. Casting removal. We always were treated respectfully.
I actually love my job
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 1, 2017
This company appreciates it's employees!

Being such a large company there is such a level of comfortability with everyone. Calling another office or department and speaking with someone you have never met feels like your chating with your best friend.
(Majority of) The patients love Rothman. Super respected and we'll known practice worldwide.

Not every manager is particularly nice or does a good job. My manager is unapproachable.
Pros
No layoff policy! Benefits package
Cons
Alot of responsibilities. High expectations.
Enjoyable place to work
Surgical Coordinator / Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 6, 2017
This company takes good care of their employees, very appreciative and the patients are a joy to work with. The environment is one in which you love to come to each and every day.
Pros
Benefits package, raises, and the perks
Cons
There are no cons
Excellent Staff and Employees
Patient Reception (Former Employee) –  Newtown, PAJanuary 26, 2017
Great experience working here with a lot of room for growth and potential. Management is great and employees are great.
Pros
Staff
medical assistant
medica (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 25, 2016
worked for surgeon, some co workr great, others dont work, upper management very cliquie. They hire family and that is who advances in company.
Pros
GREAT people, good benefits
Cons
no room for advancement, management very cliquie
Great place to work!
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 10, 2016
Great place to work! Plenty of opportunity for growth and advancement opportunities! Employees are appreciated and acknowledged for their hard work and dedication.
Pros
Bonuses and work parties.
Be prepared to live for your job
Manager (Former Employee) –  PhildelphiaMay 25, 2016
Worked here for 5 yrs was promoted several times. The first management person that doesn't think you are doing what's needed although your boss does the problems start. Was threatened to loose my job although 60 days prior had a stellar review. Staff turns on each other and people are always worried about their job security . Be prepared to do more , work before you get to work and be available after work and weekends. You literally have to put your job first and make sure you never cross anyone.
Pros
Pay
Cons
All else