Rothman Orthopaedic Specialty Hospital Employee Reviews

The WORST Call Center to ever work for !
Patient Access Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 12, 2019
I only worked for Rothman Orthopaedics for a few months and I was already losing hair from so much stress and the nervous breakdowns I had daily because of it. So many people have left the job every week I can’t even count on one finger who really enjoyed the job. It is so stressful mentally and physically, they stoop so low as to try and find you babysitters for your kids and random strangers to pick your kids up just to keep you at the work place during normal hours. There were times they wanted to find doctor and dental appointments later in the night for employees so they could stay at work, they over step their boundaries A LOT when it comes to personal life. Rothman Orthopaedics expanded into a big business too fast, even the patients said it themselves and explained that their care does not matter. I feel as though the actual concern for the patients went downhill. Its all about the numbers with that place. This put a lot of stress on the employees trying to balance the work load and good patient care. Patient care should be top priority in my eyes with employee satisfaction being a close second. Management is poor, favoritism is high, they care nothing for their employees, everything is about numbers and they could care less about personal problems, family etc. If you died tomorrow, they would just replace you. Your obituary would not even be posted, it is not worth it at all! Don’t even get me started on the HR department because they are horrible and no help at all, they agree with management on everything and it is a lose lose situation. Management lies on you, erases  more... evidence and they have their picks within the organization, if you do as they say than their okay and their your best friend but if not your a TARGET for sure. This company has showed me that their very prejudice, so be aware. Skin color has to be a certain shade for them to actually care and like you, no matter what they have their favorites for sure and will definitely accommodate them a lot because I have seen it with my own two eyes. To summarize, don’t work there you will have no social life or time for family, it’s all about the job for $17/hr with no room for advancement unless your family or they favor you. Higher authority can do what they want and when they want no questions asked. They try to make you go to meetings on your lunch break or during hours from 7:30-8:00 which is before your shift to avoid paying you. The only break you get is from 12:00pm-1:00pm and honestly that is not enough time because your working the whole day from 8:00am-4:30pm and can’t even get a water break or a break from the phones. They don’t even want you out of your seat for a bathroom break, what kind of company says that. If you have a family emergency, you can forget about leaving it’s all about the company, they can care less about your family and what you have going on. You work to make the Surgeons money but is stuck in a box with no air ventilation and your sick almost every week. You work with 150 unhappy women, two women from management who have attitudes and two men from management who are always angry for no reason and they can’t even say Good Morning and reminder your only making $17/hr. You have nurses and medical assistants who can’t even help you when these are their patients, the doctors are never available for even high priority issues. Patients would explain on the phone how bad the company has gotten over the months from expanding and many has even left which was probably the best thing to do for their care because Rothman Orthopaedics does not have a heart for patient care at all only the MONEY! They want the call center to do all of the work and slave. Truly, this was by far the worst company to ever work for in history!!  less
Pros
Cons
Poor Management, Favoritism, All about Numbers, High Call Volume, HR is horrible
Be cautious
Patient Access Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 6, 2019
This company is absolutely horrible to work for. They care more about the calls you take than your mental state (which will wither away). They put continuous pressure on the operator lines to where it’s almost impossible to get off of the phone in enough time to take your very short one hour break which is all you get throughout the entire day. 90% of your day is spent on the phone and they don’t even want you to take a water break. Management, including HR is a joke. There is obviously a lot of favoritism. The benefits are not worth the job and they are actually quite expensive. please be advised that the training they put you through does not set you up for the actual job. The company it’s self is not anything like a family it’s almost impossible to help patients because no one wants to do their job. My mental has been so much better since leaving this poisonous place.
Pros
Hard working ladies, offers benefits
Cons
No breaks, management, heavy work load, stressful environment, expensive benefits, 90 day probation
I had a great experience working Pre-op/PACU at ROSH.
Pre-operative and PACU Pool Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAJune 6, 2019
I had a great experience working Pre-op/PACU at ROSH. Had the opportunity to learn pre-operative/PACU orthopaedic nursing care. Had the opportunity to assist the anesthesiologist in nerve block and spinal anesthetic procedures as appropriate.
a typical day at work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAJune 3, 2019
At the Rothman Orthopaedic Specialty Hospital, I would arrive at 5 am. First I would prepare my work space by obtaining my computer, ensuring the bay was stocked with supplies, area was clean and ready to receive patients. I would greet my client at the information desk and escort them to their assigned bed in the pre-admission area to prepare for surgery. There I would ensure proper pt, allergies, and receive consents for treatment. I would initiate INTs and administered ordered medications. This prep would also include the identification of correct limb and skin prep and shaving if necessary. At times I would also accompany the patient to the "block room". There I would work closely with the Anesthesiologist to position the pt, monitor vital signs during anesthesia procedure.
Pros
working for prestigious orthopaedic group/ learning ortho in detail/ people I worked with
Cons
no cons
Stay away
SPD Technician (Former Employee) –  Royersford, PAJanuary 26, 2019
I worked in SPD and I left after the racial tension got so bad. The higher family members that have no clue about the job and want you to train them. When a person is so stupid that after many times being told how to do things properly.When he disappears or makes mistakes your blames for it. I just could no longer continue to work for a company that doesn’t put there patients first.
Pros
Cons
Every thing
Hard working employees
Medical Staff Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAJanuary 14, 2019
I would rather not comment as this is not a way to speak in reference to management and how they function as leaders with no respect to staff and unfortunate patients in certain circumstances.
Pros
Professional Providers and LIP
Cons
Unprofessional management
Benefits ok no room for growth
Medical Surgical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bensalem, PAJuly 10, 2018
Good clean place to work. Surgeons do great work. Departments do not interact often.
Almost impossible to transfer to different department once hired.
Nasty individuals
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAFebruary 4, 2018
I strongly urge anyone to be very cautious if you do accept employment here. The pay is very good and the benefits are mediocre. It is a very small facility and everyone is very close, or at least it appears that way. Unfortunately it’s worse than high school because the immaturity beginning with upper management is very juvenile. They ridicule other employees, and behave like teenage girls. I could not believe the level of cruelty displayed by people in their 50s.
Great Place to work
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Bensalem, PAJanuary 24, 2018
Its a growing facility with great people. A lot of people don't notice how great and understanding the management team can be until they take advantage of it.
The facility itself is a small place friendly work place. Area and location is great because it's free parking, there is room for growth if you work for it seems like. It's just growing and getting busy so fast that we need more bodies to help out.
Low Respect and Apprecistion for Employees
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bensalem, PADecember 5, 2017
Consistent violation of mandatory overtime laws (Act 102), worst benefits package in region, understaffed, very fast paced to point of disregarding safety of both patients and staff
Pros
No city wage tax, free parking
Cons
Benefits, healthcare, hours, respect
Decent job
Orderly/Second Assist OR (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAApril 29, 2017
Once Jefferson bought into company, management went from less employee satisfaction to just focusing on the numbers.
Over worked and understaffed certain days.
Materials
Materials (Current Employee) –  Bensalem, PAAugust 23, 2016
Best Place I have ever worked. Friendly staff, competive wages and benefits, and great opportunity and support from upper managemen for career growth.
Pros
Flexible hours and great management staff
Cons
great place to work really like going to work there
Pre-Op Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bensalem, PAJuly 10, 2012
at per-op getting pt`s ready for the or and in pacu recovering pt`s to be sent home
Pros
love the job love taking care of people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rothman Orthopaedic Specialty Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Rothman Orthopaedic Specialty Hospital Reviews by Location