Roti Modern Mediterranean Employee Reviews

Excellent Company
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 16, 2018
Really great Assistant Manager experience. Would recommend this company to anyone. Lots of opportunity for advancement. Totally reasonable working hours too!
Pros
Free lunch. Great people.
Cons
You smell like random spices when you go home.
assembly Line food
Certified Trainer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 8, 2018
It was a good place to work at but too much gossip, they would change managers 7 times a year. It was Chaotic, worked late and they would put 3 people two a shift per night an that is including the supervisor. They knew how popular there food was so they knew how many customers we would have. They did not consider our health an straining us because of there budget for employee's. They once took money from an employee to make there income from the week look balanced they were all around terrible and left immediately
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Short Breaks, Gossip between employement
Great place to work at to get experience
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Northbrook, ILApril 23, 2018
Really liked working there because of my coworkers. This job has given me the opportunity to meet new people and get some experience. I don't have anything bad to say about Roti.
A company that never seems to have it all figured out
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 4, 2018
A lot of turnover and a lot of different methods. They need to focus on retaining employees and working towards and sticking to one focus. Management was okay but very hands off.
Pros
Free lunch
Fun place, really fast paced envirioment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 3, 2018
Management changes very often, some locations were really in bad shape, I loved the opportunity to grown within but sometimes many were not sure if was the right choice because again management changes very often.
Pros
Free lunches
Benefits
Family like workplace
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 18, 2018
Working at roti is a great experience. Working with different cultures and learning first hand how a business like roti works. It feels really good to accomplish your goals in there
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No breaks
Senior Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 15, 2018
This job was great to me ever since I started as a team member and every year I been here I have been promoted. So I say roti is very welcoming for people looking to learning new things
Fun place
Certified Trainer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 15, 2018
Cool it was a very fun place to work at an the people were great it made it worth going to work everyday esp when we used to have the lunch rushes it was very good
Pros
Discounr lunch
Cons
Short break
Great
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 30, 2017
It was and Great experience. They were always on task, fast paced, respectful, kind, giving and loving. Roti Modern Mediterranean always made sure the customer was satisfied.
Pros
Free meals, gift cards
Cons
Paid lunch breaks
Productive and Fun
FOH CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 6, 2017
Very quick paced, very productive, yet very fun. A typical day would be counting your assigned register (if cashier that day), preparing the food line, stocking the food line and the a la cart items for up sell.
Pros
Free meal after shift, 50% discount if no shift
Cons
No tips allowed
customer loyalty
Senior Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 23, 2017
very tough job ,to prepare food from scratch and make everything fresh and meet food requirement laws. Very diverse set of staff; very fast paced and quick learning and adapting.
Pros
loyal customers
Cons
compensation
Roti
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILNovember 17, 2017
I've been at Roti about 6 months now and everyone is so nice. I will be a team lead soon. Advancement is possible. Apply today!!
Pros
Free shift meals everyday, good pay, quick advancement
Cons
Shorter hours but better pay
great for a first time eating mediterranean kind of place.
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 9, 2017
a typical day at work was a bunch food prep and training protocol because the place was just opening a lot of mock service nothing was really hard and the manager was great
Pros
free or discounted lunch, great staff.
Cons
shirts have to tucked in.
always learning something
Prep/Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 12, 2017
was a very fun plus to work at everyone was friendly
i meet and learned a lot from my co workers i still talk to them still i know i will always be friends to them
Productive nice place to work
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Skokie, ILSeptember 6, 2017
Its a relaxed environment but i need more hours . I need at least 40 hours every pay period. its a slow paced environment managers and workers are all nice .
Pros
free lunch
Cons
hours suck
I enjoyed working for this company because it expanded my interest in the restaurant business.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILSeptember 3, 2017
I am grateful for having had the opportunity to work for this company. I recommend this company to customers and potential employees. The service is is fast and you can choose whatever you would like to compliment your meal.
Pros
Great Coworkers.
kinda stressful.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 31, 2017
It was a competitive place to work at, the pay was very low ; 4 hours per day and 3 days a week!!! There was favoritism being shown in the work place area, etc.
quiet little restaurant catered to assisting every customer until they are sufficiently satisfied
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC 20001August 29, 2017
Check with your supervisor 3 hours before your scheduled to work to make sure that you are still scheduled to work that specific day & time. Come into the restaurant 15 minutes early to get dressed, use the restroom, and get your mind ready for work. Start your shift and comply with job title work procedures. Assist managers/ supervisors with any assignments that are asked of you. Complete your designated shift. Clean up your work area along with helping your coworkers as well. Proceed to clock yourself out for the day. Change your clothes if needed), and proceed to leaving out the restaurant when your done.
Fast paced
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 30, 2017
Fast paced Mediterranean restaurant with fair management. They offer upper mobility, and assistance with training or additional training to assist with growing with the company
Pros
Education assistance
Cons
No overtime offered
Productivity is a must
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCJuly 28, 2017
Productivity was the key: as long as you did what you were supposed to do, you were fine. Compensation was average, but they did have an advancement plan in place. They offer insurance and a 401k plan and provide free meals as well. Once you proved that you were worth a set schedule, you would get it. The only thing was that the managers often failed to hold everybody to the same standards; therefore, there were serious disparities between the responsibilities of everyone.
Pros
free lunch; set schedule
Cons
work distribution

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Roti Modern Mediterranean. Our community is ready to answer.