Roti Modern Mediterranean Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Toxic Enviornment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook, ILAugust 12, 2018
Everybody comes to work stressed out and some people have even left to the hospital because of how stressed out they were working here. Managers fight everyday and make the workplace environment uncomfortable to the point where no one talks to each other. The environment felt awkward a lot because of this. Managers are not very accommodating and will switch up what they tell you.The best part about working here was the pay. I learned how to use machines like the robot coupe.The hardest part of the job was getting everything prepped on time, often I would have to stay longer than I was scheduled to finish things up.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no lunches
worst place to work ever
Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 23, 2018
If you wanna work for a company that will discriminate, harass, belittle, and work you to the bone, then this is the company to work for. This was a very stressful and hostel work environment, and they do not like to pay you.
roti
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 18, 2018
There is really not much to say, its a fast pace on the spot food place with great food and opportunity to move up in the company, the hardest part of this job was dealing with the untrained higher lever managers
It’s okay
Grill Cook/Line (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 8, 2018
Honestly I’m going tell you right now, have another job lined up because different seasons it tends to get slow and when that happens we all know that hours get cut.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
Hours
Fun, Relaxed
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 25, 2018
I’ve learned that things is always not gone be about yourself, hardest part of the job was stacking the dishes . Easy part of the job was everything I did.
Great Company to work for
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 19, 2018
While employed I was given lots of opportunity and career advancement. The support center was very helpful and understanding of the needs of the operations end of the company.
Pros
Free meals, decent benefits.
Cons
Better work life balance for 7 day a week stores.
Good Place to Work If You're the Manager's Pet
Certified Trainer (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILJune 1, 2018
I used to really enjoy working here but when things got changed up in management, s**t kind of hit the fan. What used to be a fun, spirited workplace suddenly became a very strict, malicious environment. Team members who had been with the company for a long time started getting their hours cut and even demoted. Management became unreliable and picked favorites.
Pros
free lunch, discounts
Cons
low pay, rude management, cut hours, nepotism
Excellent Company
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 16, 2018
Really great Assistant Manager experience. Would recommend this company to anyone. Lots of opportunity for advancement. Totally reasonable working hours too!
Pros
Free lunch. Great people.
Cons
You smell like random spices when you go home.
assembly Line food
Certified Trainer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 8, 2018
It was a good place to work at but too much gossip, they would change managers 7 times a year. It was Chaotic, worked late and they would put 3 people two a shift per night an that is including the supervisor. They knew how popular there food was so they knew how many customers we would have. They did not consider our health an straining us because of there budget for employee's. They once took money from an employee to make there income from the week look balanced they were all around terrible and left immediately
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Short Breaks, Gossip between employement
Great place to work at to get experience
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Northbrook, ILApril 23, 2018
Really liked working there because of my coworkers. This job has given me the opportunity to meet new people and get some experience. I don't have anything bad to say about Roti.
A company that never seems to have it all figured out
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 4, 2018
A lot of turnover and a lot of different methods. They need to focus on retaining employees and working towards and sticking to one focus. Management was okay but very hands off.
Pros
Free lunch
Fun place, really fast paced envirioment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 3, 2018
Management changes very often, some locations were really in bad shape, I loved the opportunity to grown within but sometimes many were not sure if was the right choice because again management changes very often.
Pros
Free lunches
Benefits
Family like workplace
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 18, 2018
Working at roti is a great experience. Working with different cultures and learning first hand how a business like roti works. It feels really good to accomplish your goals in there
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No breaks
Senior Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 15, 2018
This job was great to me ever since I started as a team member and every year I been here I have been promoted. So I say roti is very welcoming for people looking to learning new things
Fun place
Certified Trainer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 15, 2018
Cool it was a very fun place to work at an the people were great it made it worth going to work everyday esp when we used to have the lunch rushes it was very good
Pros
Discounr lunch
Cons
Short break
Great
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 30, 2017
It was and Great experience. They were always on task, fast paced, respectful, kind, giving and loving. Roti Modern Mediterranean always made sure the customer was satisfied.
Pros
Free meals, gift cards
Cons
Paid lunch breaks
Productive and Fun
FOH CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 6, 2017
Very quick paced, very productive, yet very fun. A typical day would be counting your assigned register (if cashier that day), preparing the food line, stocking the food line and the a la cart items for up sell.
Pros
Free meal after shift, 50% discount if no shift
Cons
No tips allowed
customer loyalty
Senior Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 23, 2017
very tough job ,to prepare food from scratch and make everything fresh and meet food requirement laws. Very diverse set of staff; very fast paced and quick learning and adapting.
Pros
loyal customers
Cons
compensation
Roti
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILNovember 17, 2017
I've been at Roti about 6 months now and everyone is so nice. I will be a team lead soon. Advancement is possible. Apply today!!
Pros
Free shift meals everyday, good pay, quick advancement
Cons
Shorter hours but better pay
great for a first time eating mediterranean kind of place.
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 9, 2017
a typical day at work was a bunch food prep and training protocol because the place was just opening a lot of mock service nothing was really hard and the manager was great
Pros
free or discounted lunch, great staff.
Cons
shirts have to tucked in.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Roti Modern Mediterranean. Our community is ready to answer.