Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Drain Service Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Not fun place to work
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYAugust 13, 2018
Not consistent work on call six days a week did not get paid on unless they call you too much favoritism poor management no one cared about you better off
Pros
Good worker
Cons
Poor management
Sales
Pelham, Al - Field Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pelham, ALAugust 9, 2018
A typical day consist of supervising and also producing new sales for the company to increase revenue. I have became an expert in plumbing as well as improved my social relationships with clients. We work to manage a team of 6 technicians who perform different plumbing tasks on a daily basis. The hardest part to the job is waiting for leads to come in to generate revenue during the slow season seeing as though we cannot get new business accounts. The most enjoyable part to the job is the smile that we leave customers with after we finish fixing the problem. I enjoy building new relationships with customers, because they don't see you as just someone coming out to sale them something. Once you build that customer relationship and embrace their problems its like you become family and they trust you. Overall, RRSC is a great company to work for!
Pros
Flexibilty
Cons
Leads
awesome to work with roto roooter
CUSTOMER CARE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAAugust 8, 2018
I work in a office with other colleagues answering high call volume with plumbing calls. I feel comfortable assisting customer when they need plumbing guidance. I been with the company for 11 years in which i have learned from reading and diagrams of how plumbing works and have help customer by
Horrible !
Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILAugust 2, 2018
- stars horrible place to work don't do it. Worst mgmt ever all they care about is managers. They have no idea what there doing everybody is worried about there job micro managers was lead in sales by far and always wondered what I was doing?
Pros
None stay away
Very fasted paced
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLJuly 28, 2018
It was a very fast paced company to work for but it is a very good learning experience for anyone who is trying to work in a fast paced environment and is willing to learn.
Stressfull and not enough pay
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAJuly 27, 2018
This company promised me alot of things but it has been by far the worst company I've ever worked for ever. They don't provide a good salary, enough working hours, any actual training. You start off by becoming a plumbers helper but really you're the laborer and don't learn any selling methods. They have favoritism so don't expect a good call in this company ever. I was a tech for a year and I had some of the worst calls imaginable for $1.50 above minimum wage. They advertise paying you commission and hourly but you first have to make them their goal which mine was a little over $3000 within the week only then can you make any commission, if you do make commission you also get paid for the hours you worked, and if you don't meet their quota you will only get paid for the hours you worked and guess what??? They have commercial customers which have a limit to what they would spend such as $200 anything above that they will not pay because they have their in house plumbers when they actually need them. I no joke, worked 2 hours one day and that week I got paid just under what a minimum wage employee will make here in Los Angeles. Big waste of time. They have an old way of thingking charge 4x what a normal plumbing company would charge homeowners.
benefits
Cons
Favoritism, Low pay, Horrible management
Good Atmosphere
Plumbing Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJuly 24, 2018
The staff was kind and generous. The other employees were helpful and considerate. Felt like a family environment. Would recommend working there to any friends or family.
productive and fun
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 20, 2018
Its a fast pace calling center, a typical day starts taking calls from customer and identifying their needs to schedule an appointment. The management has open doors and are always willing to help. Its fun environment and most people are friendly.
Pros
management has open door and always willing to help, friendly cooworker
Cons
repetitive nature job
Very busy workplace
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILJuly 17, 2018
Fast paced workplace, with much noise and distraction. I left the company because my mother had some health issues and I needed to be close by in case of emergency.
Pros
Free meals on Mondays
Cons
VERY busy
Loved the enviroment,just needed something different!
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bonne Terre, MOJuly 3, 2018
I would recommend anyone to work here. The owner is fantastic and very laid back. Very tough work,but well worth it. Alot of paperwork to enter and send out.
Overall it's not a bad place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 24, 2018
I work in the office, so a typical day consists of processing invoices, making and answering phone calls, filing paperwork, taking and processing payments, and some dispatching of technicians. I learned a good deal about plumbing terminology, life in the service industry, the interworkings of a small office, and some sales strategies. Our branch manager is a great guy, but our office administrator can be rather overbearing which often causes tension in the office. This makes even the simple, everyday tasks of my job more difficult and stressful. The most enjoyable part of my job would be my coworkers, we've built a good rapport and enjoy working together to get things done.
Coworkers were INCREDIBLE, Management was Horrid
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 21, 2018
The management was absolutely deplorable. Allowing someone who knows very little to run a company of that size is a major mistake. The environment and the coworkers were always a delight and made the awful management tolerable for a short time. The pay was well under what was deserved for the escapades that one was required to put up with while working there. While in an interview, it may sound appealing, I promise you it is all smoke and mirrors. What you deal with on a daily basis is not worth the freedoms that are gained in the job.
Pros
AWESOME people to work with.
Cons
Horrible management, low pay, and very little separation of work on home time.
You get out what you put in
Plumber (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 19, 2018
They want you to work long hours in order to make money. Its strictly commission. Work isn't distributed evenly. Management is reactive not proactive.
Pros
Chance to make good money
Cons
Long hours, holidays, on call and no job security after buying a van to work there.
Unless you go in owning a working van you are just cheap labor to assist the plumbers.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHJune 16, 2018
They have a 12 week program which does well enough to prepare you for field work. However you need to own your own van and it most be in good repair. If it breaks down you are done. You are basically just a cheap helper to a plumber. You will be doing all the "heavy lifting" as they sit back and watch. Its why they have a high turn over rate and its cheaper than the plumber splitting his take with another plumber. The way pay works is the make a percent off what they sell. Each service is a set price but they make commission based off what they sell.
Productive and Informative
CSR, Accounts Specialist ( Receivables ) (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 14, 2018
Productive and Informative / very happy with my position, my familys need are greater than my salary / The company moves heaven adn earth to care for their customers
Cons
Low Compensation
It was a good job
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJune 13, 2018
It was a good place to work, i did learn alot about drain clening, but was not stable, it was was working with family.. Ther was now benefits for me or my family
Pros
Learned alot
Cons
No benefits
I loved working there, however, it turned out that an equal co-worker with the same job title was allowed to be my superior at times. That led to a ch
Water Mitigation Salesman (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL 32209June 9, 2018
Great work and compensation, but lacked true and fair practices by some of the bosses, there was favoritism shown to employees that bosses were friends with. Not good on that.
Pros
Freedom of open travel
Cons
Dealing with jealous co-workers
Unorganized no communication
Plumber (Current Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAJune 7, 2018
They like to pay you below minimum wage or Commission which was fine with me considering I live my whole life off commission and I like being in charge of my paychecks because I can sell. The thing is once you sell a big job they don't give you no time to do it or any help. Dispatches constantly calling asking you your ETA to your next job, even though you just arrived at a $10,000 job an hour earlier. They have no labors to help. You get in trouble if you give customers discounts in order to gain their business. The price book is way overpriced. Dispatch is over a hundred miles away and they don't know what's going on at your shop.
Pros
Company vehicle
Cons
No help to make money
Productive and fun
Certified Water Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 30, 2018
Great people . Good learning experience. Hands on training. Promotions. Fun environment. Lots of overtime. Meet new people everyday. Good benefits. There always work
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
N/a
Lie to Public
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILMay 30, 2018
Your expected to lie to customers throughout the day, Telling them someone is coming. When there is no one available. Then when you ask for help you get retaliated against. I would not wish this job on my worst enemy. They preach being a great place to work for. But are furthest thing from it,
Pros
free lunch mondays
Cons
poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Drain Service. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight