Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Drain Service Employee Reviews

Great place to work! Fun and enjoyable
Manager (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJJanuary 7, 2019
Been with Roto-Rooter for several years great place to work. Started out as a service technician and through hard work was given an opportunity at a supervisor role" promoting from within" If you work hard you will be rewarded with promotional opportunities. Any role within Roto-Rooter you are part of a winning team. Upper management is constantly looking at ways to get better and out perform the competition they are not just sitting on the sideline with their feet up!!! When was the last time your current boss or President spent the day with you at work???? It's done daily here join our team and have some fun!! Great employees great support Great company..
Pros
Compensation, 401k, team
Great company to build a career
General Manager (GM) (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 20, 2018
I have been with Roto Rooter for over 20 years. I started working as a service tech, became a licensed plumber, eventually became the pluming manager and then the General manager. There are not many companies that can allow that type of career advancement. There are great people working here, in the field, the office and at the corporate level, who genuinely care about the jobs they perform. The company's vision is to provide world class service and be a great place to work in order to grow their business. I feel lucky and blessed to work here and expect to retire here. The 401K offered by the company with guaranteed matches is fantastic! The company benefits are great as is the work environment, it's a truly professional company.
Pros
Career advancement and pay
Cons
It's hard but rewarding work
The compensation and advancement opportunities are second to none
Water Restoration Manager (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 7, 2019
Roto-Rooter is always growing and changing and the ability to grow within the company is ever-present. If you work hard and do the right things, you can advance your career at Roto-Rooter and provide a good life for your family. I began with zero experience in my field and Roto-Rooter has provided me with all of the tools necessary to expand into management and grow into the person that I am today.
Pros
Top-notch compensation, good benefits, good management
Cons
Work-Life balance can be tough if you don't manage it properly
Management is horrible.
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 4, 2019
The Water Restoration manager was not just disrespectful, he was very judgemental to our Water Restoration coordinator (A female.) He’d talk nothing but bad things behind your back. If you don’t show up to work, or want to be lazy, you won’t get punished they’ll reward you! If you work hard and show up to work expect to be punished. They expect you to give up your home life for work. They care more about petty stuff then you doing your job correctly! Get ready to be Roto rooters slave!
Over-priced, lie to there customers.
Pros
Benefits, good general manager.
Cons
Cooperate puppets everywhere!
It was okay.
Service Plumber (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHDecember 21, 2018
Residential and commercial plumbing. Training was not very good. You are thrown to the wolves. Coworkers and management were fun to work with although shady. Pay is commission based which can be good for some but not for me. Hours are terrible and you have to be on call at least once a week and work every other weekend. I worked plenty of 16 hour shifts and even a few 22 hours shifts. No overtime because it is commission based.
Pros
Benefits, coworkers, ping pong
Cons
A lot of driving to and from jobs, lack of training, long hours.
Safe place to work
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 29, 2018
Pay is excellent. However, the increase you receive in pay is negated by a horrendous medical plan. For a family of four you will be paying about $1000 a month in medical expenses for what is essntially catastrophic health insurance.

You will receive a 2-3% raise every year to keep up with inflation.

All promtions are made from the outside. There is no advancement. There is also very little chance of employees being fired. You have to really mess up to lose a job here,

If you enjoy great pay, working in a cubicle, terrible benefits, with no chance of advancement, this is the place for you.
Great Company to work for
Plumber (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJanuary 9, 2019
Typically work days are 8 hr but sometimes more, I get to learn about the Plumbing trade while getting paid. The managers are easy to work with and the drain techs and other plumbers are great to work with ( good team work). The hard part about the company is that sometimes you have to do on calls but other than that this company is great to work for. I have enjoyed my time working here. I have worked in this company for 12 years and plan to stay here a while.
Pros
good benefits. great compensation, good work environment, good managers. opportunity to make good money while learning
Cons
you have to be on call at least once a week
Awesome Management and flexibility
Plumber (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 15, 2019
Been an employee for over 10 years and I don't plan on leaving. It's a great company. It provides for my family, great health benefits and retirement plan. Flexible work schedule. I don't have to worry about a work vehicle because the company provides one. If you are a team player and like to provide professional quality work, you will like this place because it's all about customer care.
Pros
Flexibility, company vehicle, great management team
Cons
We need more plumbers, there's lots of work
Do not even try to work here
Plumber Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 21, 2018
Was exciting when got job in Roto rooter Atlanta
After training and returning in first months,i saw poor servicing from managment for employees,
Also if dont make money for a week for any reason they dont wanna count on you, if you make money they will like you,
Also low percentage and monthly bonuses
You have to use your truck
Too many people waiting for call and who ever call first , call is for that guy
I am working now for a big company with good benefits
Good management
Monthly bonus

Company truck
High pay
And more ...
Do not try atlanta branch
Pros
Cons
Night calls, schedule
Great career for the right person!
Hiring Manager (Current Employee) –  Middlesex, NJJanuary 7, 2019
I came to Roto Rooter as a service tech 5 years ago and almost 2 years later promoted to manager. Roto Rooter gave me a life I thought was never possible, but I guess anyone reading this would say I am only writting this because I currently work here. The truth is that I am forever grateful to be part of a team that truly wants to see you do better. As much as I think this is a great career, it is not for everyone! If you are willing to work hard, learn and be in it for the satisfaction of achieving honest and fair work, then this is defitnitely for you! But, if you are not willing to sacrifice, work hard and develop skills, you might want to go work elsewhere. I have served my country for 8 years in the Marine Corp to help give people a chance in life to do better, and working for Roto Rooter has given me the chance to contribute to our society by providing a great place to work, helping me provide world class service to our customers and helping grow the company so that others can join the ranks of this great company. This job is what you decide to make of it, and im here to provide a better life for my family with great benefits and stable income.
Pros
great benefits and work all year around
Cons
difficult to get everyone to understand the concept of "real" work
There is training, however there is not follow up, constant turn over, hard to respect management
AR Commercial Collection Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 26, 2018
Constantly busy. heavy employee traffic. Classes for the techs on product, errors, completion, but no follow up to continue to improve.

The hardest past of the job, was no body seem to know exactly what you did.

the best part of the job, was management my work
Pros
Paid weekly, decent health benefits
Cons
Bad language, lack of growth, certain positions not always guaranteed, constant turn over.
Very poor management
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Seneca, NYJanuary 25, 2019
Management is dysfunctional on a personal level. Very low professionalism displayed in the office on a daily basis. More concerned with numbers than with offering its customers quality service or its employees respect and consideration. Management talks openly and behind the backs of it's customers and it's employees offering a highly toxic work environment.
Pros
Great benefits package
Cons
Very poor management style
Productive and Excellent Branch Work Environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYJanuary 3, 2019
High volume branch with plenty of work for all employees and new hires. Professional work place with advancement growth opportunities and continued support and training. A Management Team that cares about their employees and goes out of their way to show their appreciation. Excellent Benefits and 401K. This is the Company to work for!!!
good starter job
Technician (Former Employee) –  Coos Bay, ORNovember 19, 2018
this is a good starter job for people but they do not offer any health packages or benifits
there is a true disconnect of management and employees
there is no possibilities of advancement in the company
it would be a good job if your looking to learn
but long term goals would not be met management does not connect with the workers in the field
Pros
good starter job
Cons
no possibilities of advancement
Great team environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Long Island N.Y.January 3, 2019
I have been with the company for almost 40 years and have had the opportunity to work with some great people who have become life long friends. The company has given me the opportunity to learn a lot about our industry and has given me the ability to help pass on my knowledge. Everyone here no matter which office they work in is always willing to help.
Pros
401K, Good people to work with
Cons
Finding more good people to work with us.
Poor Management. Extremely overpriced
Water restoration technician (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati OhioJanuary 4, 2019
Lack of communication
This company is always worried about the petty things than concentrate on the important issues.
Poor Management
Unexperienced technicians doing jobs incorrectly
Taking advantage of customers
Extremely overpriced
Pros
Good Benefits.
Cons
Extremely poor management. Just another company filled with corporate puppets!
Sales Rep
N/a (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INAugust 16, 2018
Went in for a interview for restoration sales, was told I have to drive my own vehicle. With low base salary per week and .54 cents on the mile. Very very unprofessional. Would you hire a restoration company to your home showing up in a 96 Honda Civic... trying to sell you a restoration job worth 4,000$. Absolutely not. Yes they pay you gas, but the miles that will be racked up on your vehicle, wear and tear and additional damages.. having to raise your insurance for use for work. Absolutely ridiculous.
Pros
Well established and lots of money to be made
Cons
No company vehicle for the position
I had a unique position at Roto-Rooter
Accounts Receivable Manager (Former Employee) –  Commerce City, COJanuary 17, 2019
I really liked working at Roto-Rooter. I was the Collection Manager. I worked 55-60 hour/week. I made salary + bonus. The Receivables was a real mess when I started and I was given Carte Blanch to straighten it out. The only problem was I didn't get time off or any vacations for 5 years.There was no one to cover my position.
Pros
Great people
Cons
No time off
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hays, KS 67601December 7, 2018
Ran the day to day operations such as scheduling, dispatching, and customer complaints,. Entered and sent all customer billing, deposits, and payroll entry.
Pros
Can transfer work phone when needing to leave the office
Cons
Not paid enough for work done, was promised a raise that I never got
Great Pay for the type of work
Plumbing Technician (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCNovember 12, 2018
Roto Rooter equipts their tech with really good equiptmnet be successful at doing plumbing work.
great work plae you can make a great living if you apply yourself and put the effort to succed .
management is all about you being seccesfull.
Pros
you get paid what you are worth mpney is very good
Cons
not enough benifits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Drain Service. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight