Rotolo Consultants, Inc. (RCI) Employee Reviews

Top Notch company for a reason.. Strength!
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 19, 2019
Being in the landscape industry for the last 22 years I've seen lots of companies come and go. It's been a pleasant surprise being part of such a strong and solid landscape company. I look forward to growing and producing a premium product alone side RCI. The future looks promising and it's a true blessing to have the opportunity to showcase my talent and continue to learn from the respected professionals at RCI. #RCISTRONG #BR
Pros
All around Stong Company
Cons
Tough work
Great place to build a career and a second family
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Slidell, LAJune 28, 2018
RCI is a great company to work for. Being pretty fresh out of school, RCI has taken me under their wings to teach me and mold me into the employee that they need, and one that I am proud to be. Although I have a strong education, I still have some learning to do and RCI has been there to assist me in any difficulties and show me the way. The company has treated me very well and made sure that we are all comfortable if working on a project out of state. I highly recommend Rotolo Consultants, Inc as a company to build a strong career with and count on. Although we are a large company, the family aspect has not disappeared whatsoever.
Pros
Extremely professional, family atmosphere, learning opportunities, and opportunities for advancement.
Cons
Sometimes it can be a bit overwhelming, but that is simply the nature of this field of work.
Challenging and rewarding experiences
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Slidell, LAMarch 28, 2018
I've thoroughly enjoyed my time at RCI. The work and demands on the landscape construction side are challenging, but manageable...that's just the nature of the industry. Management is encouraging and supportive. They give you access to the tools you need to efficiently and effectively complete projects.

There are many people working here with 10+ years experience that you can learn from if you choose to do so. It gives you a sense of pride when General Contractors are glad to see RCI on the job because they know RCI has the talent and resources to make things come together quickly. The work that you'll have the opportunity to do is the type of work you see in magazines (sounds cliché, but true).
Pros
Pay, Management team, peers, healthy competitive environment
Cons
Gets hot
Best Job Ever
Manager (Current Employee) –  Slidell, LAMarch 25, 2018
RCI is a great company to work for. You will have all the support you need from upper management. Once you get your foot in the door there is only one way to go and that’s up
Pros
Solid work schedule
Cons
Hot days
Fast- paced but exciting!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Slidell, LAMarch 24, 2018
If you are a hard worker and love to always be on the go then RCI is a place you want to be! The atmosphere is great among your co-workers and it makes the hard times easier when you have that support system in place. There is room for advancement if you put in the work!
Pros
Steady work, room for advancement, co-workers are great, experience and training for certifications, benefits
Cons
Some of the processes need to be updated or changed
Excellent company to work for
Manager (Current Employee) –  AlabamaMarch 24, 2018
I have been in the green industry for 25+ years and have worked for multiple landscape companies all over the Southeast. RCI is by far the best one. They provide very competitive pay, new equipment, training, room for advancement, great benefits package, and support from the top down. If you have a good work ethic and are willing to learn you can go far in this company. They promote from within first.
Pros
Friday paydays, new trucks, new equipment, teamwork, full range of benefits, training, continuing education
Productive place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Slidell, LAMarch 23, 2018
Everyday there is opportunity to learn something new. Most days are quick pace and multi tasking is a must. The job is very enjoyable and everyone is treated like family. I would recommend this company to anyone who is looking for a job.
Cons
More vacation time would be nice.
A Motivational and successful company touching individuals within the company on a personal level
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Slidell, LAMarch 23, 2018
I have worked over 5 years with RCI, and am steadily progressing through a successful career here. My educational background is in the Construction Industry, and RCI has granted me opportunity to grow and practice what I have went to school for, and am passionate about. This is the case with other fellow workers I find as well. The fact that the company has grown as fast as it has over the the time I have been employed here, and yet still every employee I know feels as though the upper management, and even the owners communicate with them on a personal level. It is a proven fact that any company of this size can only maintain a personal relationship, listening to employees from crew members all the way to upper management and owners, by being enveloped in a constant cycle of new employees being properly treated with respect and fully backed by their superiors, developing a respect for their leadership, and unconsciously finding themselves rising through the same ranks they were once under. Never I have I seen a management group fully and completely back their employees first and foremost, as this quality is recognized by individuals who see each member of the RCI team as being valuable, and not a statistic. The treatment of individuals within the company as individuals, and the respect gained by the management team affords RCI to function as a team which accomplishes projects with a high level of quality and reach what other companies would call impossible deadlines.

Owners and management alike recognize each employee as a critical part of our team, and know that no
  more... one individual falls or succeeds.  less
Pros
benefits, pay opportunities, multiple disciples and professionals to learn from
Opportunities and Growth
manager (Current Employee) –  SlidellMarch 23, 2018
RCI has given me many opportunities and support to excel in my position. They are more than willing to send me to any training classes to make me successful.

RCI is a continued growing company, If you are looking for a supporting company to advance your career,
Pros
family atmosphere
Cons
lower costs in benefits
Great company to work for
Manager (Current Employee) –  LouisianaMarch 23, 2018
RCI has been a great place to pursue my career in the landscape industry. It is a growing company that has a lot of opportunity for advancement if you are willing to work and be committed. Hours can be long at times, but the pay and benefits are good. I like that they are one of the few companies in the area in our business that only hire legal workers or use the h2b workers.
Pros
benefits, pay is good, a lot of opportunities to advance, growing fast, biggest company around in landscape
Cons
Work can be hard, sometimes long hours
Exciting work. Plenty of opportunity
Manager (Current Employee) –  Slidell, LAMarch 15, 2018
Great opportunities for professional development. Co-workers are amazing. They offer training and certification for many different fields. Learn from the absolute best in the business!
Pros
Exciting and rewarding. Peers are great. OTJ Training offered to help grow professionally
Cons
Louisiana humidity mid-Summer
Fast paced environment with job security
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Slidell, LAMarch 15, 2018
I like the fact that it is not micromanaged, you always have something to do so the work days fly by. There is plenty or room for growth within the company which I love because it provides opportunity which is something I look for from my employer.
Pros
fun work environment
Couldn't ask for a better company to start a career with.
Estimator/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Slidell, LAMarch 15, 2018
My five plus years here have been very challenging yet have also been very rewarding. My experience here has enabled me to be involved in many aspects of what our company does so I feel I have a fairly well-rounded experience and opinion of RCI. Great company, great people and with the growth that RCI has shown in the last couple of years, there is a very high ceiling here for employees who want to advance. Would most definitely suggest RCI to anyone I know looking for a job in the green industry.
Work is enjoyable, but unorganized
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Slidell, LAJanuary 2, 2018
Work hour is heavy during the summer, with overtime available, but during winter time hours are cut. Time doesn't start until you get to job site, not when you get to the shop/office. Sometimes you may ride in company truck for up to 2 hours to get to job site before you get on the clock to get paid. So even though you work for 10 hours a day, you are potentially away from home up to 15 hours a day. Supervisors still get paid for the drive time and only out for themselves, not caring how long you are off the clock riding home from work in the company truck.
The new management does not care about the jobs they have or the employees. They only care about how much money they are making.
Crew leader (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LANovember 18, 2017
This used to be a great company when I started. The management now only cares about how much money the company is making. The overwork the employ es and then get made when the project is underbid and over hours.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Tons of cons!
Most stresful job ever
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LASeptember 24, 2017
If I had to rate this of any job I ever had it would definitely be at the bottom. Was recruited to come work as a manager and fired before 90 days with no warning. Place is a joke. Would rather spend over a million a year to have Mexicans come work for hardly nothing while putting 5 to 6 in an apartment charging them all 400 a month each for it. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
Pros
Cons
Everthing
Worst place ever..
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAAugust 18, 2017
The people are back stabbers. Learned how to lie and deceive both customers and vendors. They do not feel like they need to pay their bills on time that they can pay in 45-50 days when the invoice has 30 days. They also use substitute material instead actually producing what was originally quoted the customers. This includes substandard irrigation material and different varieties of plants and trees that were listed. If its close it floats is their moto. As most people don’t know the difference between the varieties of oaks, etc. So, get what’s cheapest and see if it flies.
Official response from Rotolo Consultants, Inc. (RCI)
August 22, 2017

RCI does not employ sales associates as this poster indicated was their position which suggests this is most likely not an ex-employee. Specifications and requirements for material installations are rigorously complied with and monitored. RCI maintains an excellent credit rating based on a solid history of timely vendor payments and relationships.

It's the truth
Driver supervisor (Current Employee) –  Slidell LouisianaJuly 30, 2017
RCI is a horrible company to work for .they are greedy only caring about money not the welfare of their employees .they will work you till you drop .out of the 15 hours you will be on the clock they only want to pay you for 10 stealing money from their own employees
Pros
They pay you on a Friday no hunting down your money
Cons
Negative environment
Official response from Rotolo Consultants, Inc. (RCI)
August 22, 2017

RCI strives to provide a rewarding atmosphere for our employees with pay and benefits that exceed local, regional and national industry averages. RCI has been voted by its employees as a Best Place to Work for the last three years. No employees are forced to work excessive hours, however, most hourly employees request and many are provided the opportunity to work overtime hours for which they receive 1.5x’s their regular pay rate. RCI abides by all labor laws and regulations and maintains an open door policy to our Human Resources department and executive management if any employee has questions on proper payment of wages or any other workplace concerns.

Cut grass at golf course, landscaped and maintained alotta businessess
Landscaper/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAMarch 29, 2017
I did mind the work or the people the hours were not vood and they have alotta favoritism with certain people. You never made 40 hours and than they cut down employee's to hire 45 mexicans so I supposedly lost my jobdow to part time.
Pros
They drove you to and from work, you save your own gas
Cons
No healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rotolo Consultants, Inc. (RCI). Our community is ready to answer.

Rotolo Consultants, Inc. (RCI) Reviews by Location