Rottler Pest & Lawn Solutions Employee Reviews

Bad management good employees
Lawn Care Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 4, 2018
Everyone hated working for the company, but the guys who worked there were pretty laid back and cool.
Upper management was on a constant power trip and didn't do any of the work themselves. (they "served their time")
Pros
Freedom of working alone
Cons
Impossible quotas, bad management, lack of equipment
Fast pace, never a slow day.
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOJuly 2, 2018
It's a great company to work for. never a dual day. Always something new going on and new people to meet every day. You'll have regular people that you'll do work with too and that you'll get to know very well and help a lot.
Pros
the people you work with are great. always a lot to do.
Cons
the weather can be a pain.
August 1, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! Dull work days are hard to come by at Rottler and we do have a great bunch that works hard and knows how to have fun. As far as the weather, it's true our team members in the field get to enjoy the great days to be outdoors, but also work in not-so-great weather because they work all year round.

Family owned feeling with large company resources
Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 11, 2018
I have worked with this company for over 5 years and plan to stay many more. I plan to make a career here. I have asked for more responsibility and have been given it. This company is growing quickly and has new opportunities every year to grow within the company. The owners seem to have an open door policy that I have used many times to discuss ideas and concerns. The perk of having a take home vehicle is a great bonus. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with things during the busy season (April, May, June). Things are fast paced that time of year. But when I say busy season, don't think that you will be laid off in the winter time. We have plenty of work to keep everyone busy for 40+ hours a week all year round. This company has strong management that will continue to grow this company.
Pros
take home truck, good paid time off, open minded managment
Cons
paying for required company phone and uniforms
June 15, 2018

Thank you for the thoughtful review! We are glad to hear you are happy and are always looking to improve our employee experience even more.

Fast paced environment, with very fair pay and benefits
Pest Control Technician (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 8, 2017
Rottler is a great company to work for. The company has a huge focus on growth which is beginning to lead to advancement opportunities. The job is fast paced and can sometimes involve long hours, but the over work/life balance is very fair. There is always work available and those who take advantage of their time while at work stand to earn a very fair and decent salary.
Pros
Wage. Opportunity. Benefits.
Cons
Management, at times.
December 29, 2017

Thank you for your feedback! We do strive to give advancement opportunities to our current employees rather than look outside the company. And, you're right, we are growing, so we anticipate even more of those opportunities in the future. With growing, sometimes we experience some pains, but we work hard to listen to our team members so we can grow gracefully. We're glad you are happy at Rottler as I'm sure you're an asset to us!

Great company
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 28, 2017
I have been with this company for a while now. It is great to see a family owned company that has been in business for so long but still has an open door policy to the senior management and ownership. The company has over doubled in size in the years i have been here but they work hard to keep the close knit feel in place. From paid holidays, benefits, and vacation days to holiday parties, company outings and bonus contests, they make efforts to treat their employees like family. They arent a huge corporation so the advancement opportunities are somewhat limited but as the company has grown over the past few years, more opportunities seem to open up as well. They are not afraid to invest in their employees and I have learned plenty about not just pest control but customer service, sales and plenty more.
Pros
health insurance, paid holidays, vacation, positive work environment
November 30, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your work experience! We are pleased to hear you are happy at Rottler and thank you for all you do!

Great company to work for
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis, MissouriMarch 8, 2017
I worked for Rottler as an Inside Sales and Customer Service CSR. This was a very well run company where the owners and managers in the call center were wonderful to their employees. I really enjoyed working for this company.
Pros
Good working environment - great supervisor
July 28, 2017

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your thoughtful review!

Quality Supervisor (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 16, 2016
I have learned a lot over the years that I have worked at Rottler and have found the career opportunities to be great. I started as a service technician and have been promoted several times over the years. The owners of the company really care about their employees.
February 2, 2017

Thank you for your feedback as it is always welcome. We are glad to hear you are happy with us!

Not sure what to say????
Tech (Former Employee) –  ChesterfieldMarch 29, 2015
I worked for this company for a bit and must say that the other two posts I read on here are right on with this company. Cant name them by name but I am friends with an individual who works at one of their offices currently, and get this,, after the company realized there were negative posts about them on here they sent out a mass email to all their employees asking them to write good things about them.. Hmmmm funny there has not been any new posts. This companies management is horrible, they do nothing to help you and are all about lining their own pockets while taking away from the ones that do all the work for them. This company is trying to be too commercialized that they will soon find themselves like an orkin or a terminex. In reality thats like getting a hamburger at McDonalds when you could be getting one from a steak house. The people are ok to work with besides the management. You ask the management for help and you can forget about it cause you will have to solve your problems yourself. You have people treating houses in 10-15 minutes??? How is that doing a good service on your property? Would you feel comfortable paying 100 dollars for 15 minutes of work? That is 400 an hour. This company wants you to push out and complete so many jobs a day that you are forced to do these jobs in 15 minutes to get done at a decent time so you can make it home to your family. Overall I do not understand how the other two reviewers rated this company so hi? Well guess I will wait and see if anyone post anything good about them.
Cons
an easy job, but not a good one
Tech (Former Employee) –  St louisFebruary 5, 2015
Everything is completely nuts. I was fired, and I admit I deserved it, but only after I was allowed to complete the weeks' work. That's the way Rottler works. Produce as much as possible while paying employees as little as possible. They want yes men, not independent thinkers, and all but a few managers seem more interested in asserting their authority than getting things done and taking care of those under them. The owners seem like nice enough guys, but once they make a decision, it's their way or the highway, even when they are being completely illogical. It wasn't all bad. I liked most of my co-workers, but this place thrives on gossip and one upping and the pay simply wasn't great for the hourly employees. Their bi-monthly pay period essentially screws you out of 2 days of overtime. It's not the worst place I've been, but I wouldn't plan on a career here.
Pros
Separate work and social life
Cons
Pay, disorganization, incompetent managers
fun cooworker environment
Utilities Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 19, 2014
very disorganized management, everyone seems to have a different agenda or view which can make it difficult on the technicians in the field. Benefits are atrocious, it is insanely expensive for the low amount of coverage employees receive. No concern or respect for peoples lives outside of work, everyone was expected to put their job at Rottler above their personal lives. Enjoyable co-workers, everyone seemed to make the best of the situation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rottler Pest & Lawn Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

Rottler Pest & Lawn Solutions Reviews by Location