Round Table Pizza Employee Reviews

worked hard every moment of every day
Strong customer service (Former Employee) –  Mount Shasta, CAJanuary 16, 2019
management made you work thru breaks and sign out before work was completed, there were no rules that employees could not bend, no one was ever written up and chaos ensued, I paid no mind to any of the mess and did my job, got my roll down to 10 minutes, completed my prep in most effiecient manner, no absences or tardies ever. ps I made suggestions for changes involving work environment, and they were implemented, making the work environment better and up to an acceptable level.
Fun
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAJanuary 6, 2019
A typical day at Round Table would be stocking up everything up front in the kitchen, and in the walk-in, also just making sure everything is clean and when there are customers you just stop what you're doing and help them out. I believe the weekends were more busy than week days. What I learned working at Round Table is that you have to work fast paste and you really need to pay attention to how much you need to put on the pizzas because one mistake you'll have to start all over again. Everyone is super nice and the management are super awesome and will be there whenever you need them. Everyone because friends and just a big family, so it's really nice working there, and is very enjoyable.
Pros
Free food, friendly enviornment
Very stressful place
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Corning, CADecember 2, 2018
When I still worked there, rush time was quite stressful and fast-paced. Depending on how many people were on shift during the time, my manager would have me running from oven to register, preparation to being dishwasher.
Some days I was even alone during morning shifts, my manager would've gone to the bank while someone else would be dough rolling in the back, but I would be managing everything during those times.
The hardest part of the job was my coworkers, several of them were nice and I became friends with them after work. Many of them, however, especially the new people, would laze around and even pretend to be doing something even if they could plainly see we were backed up on orders.
greet and smile and thank
CASHIER/HOSTESS (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 2, 2019
take care of every customers,smile,greet and thank customers for their services. make sure customers are happy and satisfied with their order. keep the restaurant clean and a safe place for customers and for associates. serve every customers and always ask if they need anything and make sure that have everything they so that they will keep coming back.customer satisfaction.
Productive ans busy workplace
Kitchen Lead (Current Employee) –  West Covina, CANovember 16, 2018
It is a good place to work I just wish I had weekends off. My fellow employees are nice and the manager is very good and hard working. The hours are decent and the pay is minimum wage. The hardest part of this job is closing because of the fact that the manager wants you out an hour after closing and no later.
Pros
Employees get half off and free buffets when on the clock
Cons
Favoritism; have to work weekends
Awful and dirty place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dixon, CADecember 4, 2018
I've never actually seen a Round Table restaurant that looked clean or whose employees seemed like they wanted to be there.
The Round Table I worked at was no exception.
The management was absolutely HORRID. The manager in charge of employment hired incompetent people regularly, and even hired people with violent pasts and people who have sexually harassed fellow workers.
They also cut back on hours for particular workers to the point where they had no choice but to quit because it simply wasn't worth it to work for less than 10 hours a week.
Not only that, but the restaurants are never deep cleaned and workers don't care enough to keep up with cleaning. There was also a bad roach problem when I worked there.
Pros
Cheap pizza, laidback
Cons
Terrible management, dangerous co-workers, not enough hours, dirty work environment
Literally the worst job
Assistant Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAOctober 9, 2018
worked here for a long time and all they did was take advantage of me. had me working 50 hours a week with only 1 day off just so my manager could take some to chill. was paid as a supervisor, but was required and promised the assistant manager position. literally did everything for them and they fired me for doing a coupon a previous manager had told me was fine to do. will shovel mud before i give them a second thought.
Fast paced demanding work
Supervisor Trainer (Former Employee) –  Mount Shasta, CAOctober 31, 2018
It was the hardest job i have ever worked. I waas more tired here than i was when i framed homes and labored all day. The owners didnt appreciate the work that was put into it and the most dedicated employees didnt get proper recognition. They werent there for the employees.
Pros
Working with public and watching my crew develop work skills
Cons
Very stressful
Love working here
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CASeptember 23, 2018
What makes working here is plain old Bad manager makes a bad supervisors which makes a bad crew..by bad I mean insubordination (late,nocall no show,call in, lazy,not motivated or enthusiastic.etc)..I love my job but the management make me not like my job..I go above and beyond..and get no good job thanks great work..no motivation I'm a happy person at work despite all my staff negativity..but it goes unnoticed by the store except for the customers..the customers are what makes me want to hang in tnere.
Horribly disgusting
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Redding, CASeptember 19, 2018
A typical day at work included being yelled at by management because of the fact that they had recieved a quarter raise. You get paid minimum wage to deal with unnecessary work conditions and to have the same things happen when a customer yells at you in your face or makes a rude comment online. Working 26 hours a week, and then getting dropped to 11 hours a week is fun, but not when you have bills to pay and trying to go to school full time as well. Even with this being my first job, i would never consider this job to anyone i liked.
Pros
Discounts, tips
Cons
Management, work hours.
bad place for anyone to work with any work experience
Pizza Maker, Kitchen Lead (Current Employee) –  Atascadero, CANovember 29, 2018
the culture of the restaurant revolves around family however to become the family be prepared to kiss butt and have your hard work disregarded. Prepare to be frustrated by lack of work ethic from all your superiors
Pros
free personal pizza
Cons
heavily understaffed when its really needed
Round table
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 5, 2018
Round Table Pizza was never going to be a life choice for me. But it pushed me in the right direction when it came to understanding business and managing a crew and learning about people in general. I think it should be required for everyone to work in a customer service job once in their life just to see the opposite side of it.
Good company to work for.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WASeptember 5, 2018
Enjoyed new opportunities, Great company to work for. Good atmosphere, made many friends there. Loved the fast paced environment there. Would happily work there again. Fun times. Great environment. Everything organized, and kept in a neatly fashion. Good management. Everything kept well.
Pros
Good work environment. Everything kept in a neatly fashion. People were great there.
Cons
Hard work, fast paced. 1 or 2 tough customers. Good Working environment.
Fast food.
Crew Member/ Person in Charge (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WADecember 29, 2018
Maintained scheduling, cashiering, inventory orders, opening and closing tills, did food prep, customer service such as answering phones and taking customers complaints.

overall it was a fun first job. would be a great job for teenager in school to earn extra cash.
Pros
free food
Cons
all over the place in scheduling
They care about their food.
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Rohnert Park, CA 94928August 31, 2018
I was quite impressed when this pizza place said they make everything themselves and actually meant it. They make their dough and sauces every morning, they slices and dice all their meats and veggies themselves. Their salad bars have the freshest fruits and veggies. The place was clean and upbeat, perfect for their location between the two colleges. Friday through to Sunday was always busy but energetic!
Pros
Given a $5 lunch for every 5+ hours shift worked.
Fast-paced which could be fun but don't apply if you can't keep up.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Corning, CAAugust 30, 2018
Usually working was actually pretty good as soon as management left for the day and supervisors could actually do their job. Working with people who actually could keep up with the fast pace was fun really. But working with people who were nothing but lost for their entire shift was a nightmare. However, for those few people who could do the job, it was fun. We had running jokes and work was a breeze.
Pros
Active
Cons
co-workers
fun and efficient
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WAJanuary 15, 2019
get job for teens or adults who need a little bit of cash , i learned how to make pizza ! the hardest part of the job is rushes of people who are hungry and grumpy! the most enjoyable part of the job is closing time where you get to wind down with cool coworkers!
Pros
wonderful environment
Cons
mandatory breaks
It wasnt exactly the most pleasent place to work at, highly immature managment, extremely lazy people.
Kitchen Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORSeptember 19, 2018
I had been working at round table for a few months and I was in the back with the kitchen crew. I made pizzas and prepped the line, made dough, operated the grill, and operated the fryer. At the end of the night I would clean the floors up and some times even was left to close the restaurant down, I'm only 17 so this job was kind of important to me. It was my only way of income at the time and it was my first. After about 2 months of being there people were starting to get fired left and right. It took me a few days to catch on but apparently they were firing people because they couldn't afford to pay their wages. And just as I was afraid of they fired me because they couldn't pay me anymore.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Terrible breaks, terrible managment, terrible pay
Great co-workers and managment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Martinez, CAOctober 12, 2018
During my short time working for Roundtable, I have taken a liking to my co-workers, they were all nice and funny to be around with and get their part of the job done. I've also liked how the manager kept everyone in order, so that there weren't any slacking off around the job.
Pros
Free lunches and discoints
Cons
Very slipery floors
Fun workplace and happy atmosphere
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Lahaina, HIAugust 17, 2018
A day at work would be delivering pizza, stocking up the salad bar, washing dishes, answering phone calls and putting in orders, taking customer's orders in the restaurant. I learned how to navigate around the Island of Maui. The management had it's ups and it's downs. The workplace culture was really nice, friendly employees and good environment. Nice to get out from the store and be active on deliveries. The hardest part of the job was having to deal with the heat inside the restaurant. (NO A/C). The hardest part of the job was having to get little no tips some days. As well as the wear and tear on my vehicle. I enjoyed the 50% discount.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Hot in restauraunt, difficult customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Round Table Pizza. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight