Roundy's Employee Reviews

Enter at your own risk
Stocker/pricing (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 15, 2018
I've been employed here for many years. The management has been in slow decline. It's a good place to start working but I'd never recommend it for the long haul. I've worn out my welcome and I'm ready to move on.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Poor management. Poor pay.
Roundys is a good fast working environment with Team work
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Oconomowoc, WINovember 15, 2018
I love to order select . Roundys was a good job for me working through Capstone Logistics. I was on the travel, I came home because it was more convenient for me to have the same job where I live.
Save your self.
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WISeptember 25, 2018
If you want to save your mental health. Don’t work here. Especially the one in Oshkosh. The management is rude and don’t follow your avalabilty at all. You’ll always asked to be cover shifts on your days off. The pay is impossible to live on. The discount only works on certain items- if the managers even remember to attach it to your account which they didn’t for me. Poor training. If you apply ask a cashier, prepare to be a bagger too and you might be forced to do carts as well. You only get 15 minute breaks every 4 hours you work- if you have a good csr they will give you 2 if you work 7 hours. But if you work any less than 7 you only get one.
Pros
10% discount on Kroger products.
Cons
Everything.
Productive and fun place to work.
Seasonal order selector (Former Employee) –  Oconomowoc, WIAugust 22, 2018
It's a very productive and fast paced place to work. The management team works well with its associates in regards to shift changes attendance etc. However, 2nd shift conflicts with your outside life. Sometimes you have mandatory overtime that may be 1- 3 hours extra a day.
Productive & busy
Departmental Manager & Certified Trainer (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIAugust 9, 2018
Happy with position enjoyed training new managers and starting up new stores and departments. Very hectic at times during holidays but enjoyed what I did.
Horrible place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Hartland, WIMay 25, 2018
They will cry and complain about pointless stuff. The assistant s.d. is a crybaby and if you try calling in because you are sick they won’t let you. They yell at you for stuff that is out of your control. Tell you to suck it up when you call in. And bash you to other employees in the store
Pros
Hard work with no benifits
Pallet Jack Operator (Former Employee) –  Mazomanie, WIMay 21, 2018
This job is hard work and not worth the pay. You work from sun up to sun down and only get 2 breaks. They have a very high turn over and not much chance for moving up in the business.
Friendly, stern managers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 4, 2018
I liked my hours and how I chose them i just didnt get a lot. A typical day at work was slow but it'd have rushes when it'd get very busy then die down. What I liked most about my job was seeing the different people come through my line. Also my co-workers make it all the better to come to work. Everyone was very friendly and caring.
Pros
Discount of 10%
Cons
No free anything
laid back
Dairy Clerk (Current Employee) –  West Allis, WIApril 20, 2018
typically work 2-10, stock dairy products for 6 hours then face department for 2 hours. Management is pretty laid back but can be strict at times. Good environment for a first job. The hardest part of the job is lifting up to 30 pounds and the most enjoyable part is working with your fellow coworkers.
Constant walking
Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 21, 2018
I walked thru out the stores to prevent theft. The hardest part of my job was detaining thieves. The most enjoyable part of my job was walking for exercise. I learned how to strength my detaining tactics.
Pros
Working unsupervised
Cons
No benefits at the time.
It was a nice experience and a lot of new people to meet
Selector/Loader (Former Employee) –  Waukesha,WIMarch 12, 2018
Be on time and make sure that you have enough sleep for the next day . Pay attention to everything they teach you because you will need it And smile .
Pros
Free locker and Enough breaks
Cons
Not enough weeks to learn
productive
Operations Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mazomanie, WIMarch 11, 2018
Fast paced
Friendly environment
Management was awesome
Always busy for however many hours a day you worked
Consistent days off every week
on your feet all the time
Pros
consistent time off
fast-paced environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 7, 2018
The manager was very flexible with the work hours and very helpful and professional. What I liked about working at Roundy's was that it was fast-paced which kept me busy until my final hour. Majority of the customers and employees made it pleasant to come to work. I would refer Roundy's as a nice place to work.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
short breaks
fast pace
Pallet Line Leader (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIFebruary 27, 2018
at my time at Roundy's I was taught too respect others, work safe, work hard, be on time, how to dress for cold and hot condition, that everyone has equal rights
Pros
great company
Cons
temp work
job
Assistant Store Director (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 20, 2018
Great work environment where everyone works together and gets along. Working on average 10 hours a day with a guarantied break. I learned a lot about customer service and product management.
Pros
great people
Cons
fast paced enviornment
Would be an ok place to work if management cared
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Cottage Grove, WIFebruary 20, 2018
I’ve worked for this company for going on 3 years now and it’s only gotten worse each one. When I first started I loved the job but since the rebranding to Kroger this place has gone down hill. The new rules make no sense, management doesn’t do anything to help their staff, and raises rarely happen. There is never enough staff to compensate for the work load so we are always behind, then get blamed for being behind by management. I wouldn’t recommend working here to anyone that wants more than a temporary job.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
Horrible management, and very understaffed
Horrible
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 12, 2018
This is a horrible place to work. You will have no social life. The managers are hateful and mean, the company doesn't care about it's employees and only care about putting money in their own pockets. Zero opportunity for advancements, pay sucks, long hard hours just to get yelled at. Half of the company's rules don't make sense. Raises rarely happen.
Cons
This was a good company to work for
Supervisor of Payroll (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 12, 2018
In my experience – This was a good company to work for. Every area of the organization was open to suggestions, so you had the ability to create your own opportunities and follow through with them. .
Fun Fast pace enviornment
Tech 2 (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIFebruary 11, 2018
Long 12 hr days pushing and pulling bins and lifting between 5 to 50 pounds making and packaging food products then shipping them off to there designated areas.
Toxic Culture
Replenishment Buyer - Grocery/Beverage (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 31, 2018
While you would assume that being a Kroger subsidiary, would make Roundy's and exciting and fun place to work, it sadly has a culture just the opposite. There are many silos within the organization, that collectively hinder team work and innovation.
Pros
Decent Salary
Cons
No room for advancement, and little to no training is provided.