Roundy's Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Hard work with no benifits
Pallet Jack Operator (Former Employee) –  Mazomanie, WIMay 21, 2018
This job is hard work and not worth the pay. You work from sun up to sun down and only get 2 breaks. They have a very high turn over and not much chance for moving up in the business.
laid back
Dairy Clerk (Current Employee) –  West Allis, WIApril 20, 2018
typically work 2-10, stock dairy products for 6 hours then face department for 2 hours. Management is pretty laid back but can be strict at times. Good environment for a first job. The hardest part of the job is lifting up to 30 pounds and the most enjoyable part is working with your fellow coworkers.
Constant walking
Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 21, 2018
I walked thru out the stores to prevent theft. The hardest part of my job was detaining thieves. The most enjoyable part of my job was walking for exercise. I learned how to strength my detaining tactics.
Pros
Working unsupervised
Cons
No benefits at the time.
It was a nice experience and a lot of new people to meet
Selector/Loader (Former Employee) –  Waukesha,WIMarch 12, 2018
Be on time and make sure that you have enough sleep for the next day . Pay attention to everything they teach you because you will need it And smile .
Pros
Free locker and Enough breaks
Cons
Not enough weeks to learn
productive
Operations Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mazomanie, WIMarch 11, 2018
Fast paced
Friendly environment
Management was awesome
Always busy for however many hours a day you worked
Consistent days off every week
on your feet all the time
Pros
consistent time off
fast-paced environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 7, 2018
The manager was very flexible with the work hours and very helpful and professional. What I liked about working at Roundy's was that it was fast-paced which kept me busy until my final hour. Majority of the customers and employees made it pleasant to come to work. I would refer Roundy's as a nice place to work.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
short breaks
fast pace
Pallet Line Leader (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIFebruary 27, 2018
at my time at Roundy's I was taught too respect others, work safe, work hard, be on time, how to dress for cold and hot condition, that everyone has equal rights
Pros
great company
Cons
temp work
job
Assistant Store Director (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 20, 2018
Great work environment where everyone works together and gets along. Working on average 10 hours a day with a guarantied break. I learned a lot about customer service and product management.
Pros
great people
Cons
fast paced enviornment
Would be an ok place to work if management cared
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Cottage Grove, WIFebruary 20, 2018
I’ve worked for this company for going on 3 years now and it’s only gotten worse each one. When I first started I loved the job but since the rebranding to Kroger this place has gone down hill. The new rules make no sense, management doesn’t do anything to help their staff, and raises rarely happen. There is never enough staff to compensate for the work load so we are always behind, then get blamed for being behind by management. I wouldn’t recommend working here to anyone that wants more than a temporary job.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
Horrible management, and very understaffed
Horrible
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 12, 2018
This is a horrible place to work. You will have no social life. The managers are hateful and mean, the company doesn't care about it's employees and only care about putting money in their own pockets. Zero opportunity for advancements, pay sucks, long hard hours just to get yelled at. Half of the company's rules don't make sense. Raises rarely happen.
Cons
This was a good company to work for
Supervisor of Payroll (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 12, 2018
In my experience – This was a good company to work for. Every area of the organization was open to suggestions, so you had the ability to create your own opportunities and follow through with them. .
Fun Fast pace enviornment
Tech 2 (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIFebruary 11, 2018
Long 12 hr days pushing and pulling bins and lifting between 5 to 50 pounds making and packaging food products then shipping them off to there designated areas.
Toxic Culture
Replenishment Buyer - Grocery/Beverage (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 31, 2018
While you would assume that being a Kroger subsidiary, would make Roundy's and exciting and fun place to work, it sadly has a culture just the opposite. There are many silos within the organization, that collectively hinder team work and innovation.
Pros
Decent Salary
Cons
No room for advancement, and little to no training is provided.
Management was professional and kind.
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Madison, WI 53704January 31, 2018
Everyone there was so sweet and professional. Very great place to work. Pay and hours were good. The produce manager was a bit of a d**k head but other than that everyone else was great!
friendly and professional workplace
General team member, Utility (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 18, 2018
Management is helpful and accommodating. Work place feels easy to get used to and co-workers are easy going. Interaction with customers seems to be a main focus
Pros
paid 15 minute breaks
Cons
under staffed
Ok
Contracted Event Presenter (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 18, 2018
Compensation and upward mobility, limited, good Brand, adequate employee discounts, most difficult employment limitations otherwise good culture and fun workplace environment.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Compensation
Challenging work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hartland, WIJanuary 17, 2018
Great hours with a wonderful management staff who did their best to accommodate all requests and held many meeting to give employees a fair voice. I liked how closely all the stores worked to created synergy.
company is out of business
PRICING/RECEIVING SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIJanuary 8, 2018
No longer in operation. This company is out of business and this review really has no bearing on any current or future job prospects as no manager that I had worked with is available.
All the hours you could ever want
Warehouse Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Oconomowoc, WIJanuary 4, 2018
The order selector position is physically demanding and the rates that the company has set are hard to achieve without sacrificing safety. The other employees are decent for the most part although some of the regulars are a bit stand offish. High rate of turnover.
Pros
Fairly easy straight forward work, Supervisors leave you alone unless you mess something up
Cons
High rates leading to potentially unsafe situations, Ridiculous amounts of over time (5 and 6 12 hour days not unusual).
Roundy's
Bagger (Former Employee) –  Franklin, WIDecember 29, 2017
It was okay. It involved a lot of hard work for little pay which I thought was a bit unfair. However, when I did floor sales and samples I really enjoyed interacting with costumers.