Roundy's Employee Reviews

Very dismal place to work
Baker (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIJanuary 16, 2019
After roundys bought Copps Food Center they went down hill. Bought in there own management and changing things. Went from a scratch bakery to a thaw and bake
Pros
The hours were good
Cons
Too many changes at once
A good transition job.
Bakery Clerk, Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Eagle River, WIJanuary 15, 2019
Great environment but it is very poorly managed. no consistent hours and scheduling. low pay and no consistency. I've worked in 3 different departments and never received any pay increase.
Pros
Great People
Cons
No hours, No chance for pay raise, Poor Management
good job for high school years
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Brown Deer, WIJanuary 12, 2019
unless you are a manager there is no possible way to make enough money to live comfortably with family. union did little to nothing to help. they care more about money than employee well-being.
Pros
never go hungry on break
Cons
no paid sick time
too many hours
Warehouse Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Oconomowoc, WIJanuary 8, 2019
supervisors did not care what kind of music was being played , very loud for every body to hear. dangerous place to work,people there do not care about the next person.most enjoyable part of the job was quitting time whenever that mite be.
Pros
health benefits
Cons
long drive from milwaukee
For money addicts only
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Oconomowoc, WIDecember 27, 2018
This place is rarely never swamped. You can expect to work 50-77hours which is required. The coworkers can get really segregated. The equipment you use to be able to do your job is falling apart. Safety hazards upon every turn.
Pros
Money pit
Cons
No freedom
Fun place to work
Warehouse Clerk (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 15, 2018
Excellent place to work, excellent benefits. Monday thru Friday hours, friendly employees, fast paced environment, excellent salary, unlimited overtime,
Pros
good salary
Cons
n/a
Ok While you look
Security (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 6, 2018
They will hire any warm body that walks in the door. That means your co workers could be really nice or really strange or who knows. You will never make any money here as a line worker but if you just need to have something to do and dont care if your paid decent for the work well then go for it. Management is good for the most part but hey they are getting paid a living wage. They work people hard especially in deli and customers dont care and are rude if you don't jump while your doing ten things at once. In the bad areas of the city they have security in store that pays 10 bucks and trust me this is a dangerous job for what you get paid. Just think of all the dangerous people you will try to stop for stealing, .. for ten bucks. Your life and 10 bucks. Do they care.. 10 bucks nough said. Maybe deli is not so bad. Slice my meat so thin I can see through it, no thinner, the other girl new how to do it,Blahh.
Pros
a bad paycheck
Cons
A bad paycheck
Enter at your own risk
Stocker/pricing (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 15, 2018
I've been employed here for many years. The management has been in slow decline. It's a good place to start working but I'd never recommend it for the long haul. I've worn out my welcome and I'm ready to move on.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Poor management. Poor pay.
Roundys is a good fast working environment with Team work
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Oconomowoc, WINovember 15, 2018
I love to order select . Roundys was a good job for me working through Capstone Logistics. I was on the travel, I came home because it was more convenient for me to have the same job where I live.
understaffed and thus work life balance is non existant
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  WisconsinOctober 31, 2018
I haven't worked for the Kroger company long enough to make a snap decision about the company as a whole. I do find the "employees first" slogan a bit hypocritical and misleading.
Pros
generous vacations
Cons
too busy to take the vacations and understaffed
Save your self.
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WISeptember 25, 2018
If you want to save your mental health. Don’t work here. Especially the one in Oshkosh. The management is rude and don’t follow your avalabilty at all. You’ll always asked to be cover shifts on your days off. The pay is impossible to live on. The discount only works on certain items- if the managers even remember to attach it to your account which they didn’t for me. Poor training. If you apply ask a cashier, prepare to be a bagger too and you might be forced to do carts as well. You only get 15 minute breaks every 4 hours you work- if you have a good csr they will give you 2 if you work 7 hours. But if you work any less than 7 you only get one.
Pros
10% discount on Kroger products.
Cons
Everything.
Productive and fun place to work.
Seasonal order selector (Former Employee) –  Oconomowoc, WIAugust 22, 2018
It's a very productive and fast paced place to work. The management team works well with its associates in regards to shift changes attendance etc. However, 2nd shift conflicts with your outside life. Sometimes you have mandatory overtime that may be 1- 3 hours extra a day.
Productive & busy
Departmental Manager & Certified Trainer (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIAugust 9, 2018
Happy with position enjoyed training new managers and starting up new stores and departments. Very hectic at times during holidays but enjoyed what I did.
Very fast pace and timely
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Oconomowoc, WIAugust 1, 2018
Good paying job but hours and and job performance is crazy. Benefits are also great coworkers are okay management is not all that good. The unit they have is okay but could do better
Horrible place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Hartland, WIMay 25, 2018
They will cry and complain about pointless stuff. The assistant s.d. is a crybaby and if you try calling in because you are sick they won’t let you. They yell at you for stuff that is out of your control. Tell you to suck it up when you call in. And bash you to other employees in the store
Pros
Hard work with no benifits
Pallet Jack Operator (Former Employee) –  Mazomanie, WIMay 21, 2018
This job is hard work and not worth the pay. You work from sun up to sun down and only get 2 breaks. They have a very high turn over and not much chance for moving up in the business.
Roundy's was a Great Place before the take over
Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 12, 2018
After Roundy's was taken over by Kroger as expected may changes for corporate employees. Many job cuts and not certainty for future.

Work loads increased as employees left.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
Leadership
Friendly, stern managers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 4, 2018
I liked my hours and how I chose them i just didnt get a lot. A typical day at work was slow but it'd have rushes when it'd get very busy then die down. What I liked most about my job was seeing the different people come through my line. Also my co-workers make it all the better to come to work. Everyone was very friendly and caring.
Pros
Discount of 10%
Cons
No free anything
laid back
Dairy Clerk (Current Employee) –  West Allis, WIApril 20, 2018
typically work 2-10, stock dairy products for 6 hours then face department for 2 hours. Management is pretty laid back but can be strict at times. Good environment for a first job. The hardest part of the job is lifting up to 30 pounds and the most enjoyable part is working with your fellow coworkers.
Constant walking
Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 21, 2018
I walked thru out the stores to prevent theft. The hardest part of my job was detaining thieves. The most enjoyable part of my job was walking for exercise. I learned how to strength my detaining tactics.
Pros
Working unsupervised
Cons
No benefits at the time.