Roush Enterprises Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Hot place and not a clean environment
Material Technician (Current Employee) –  Allen Park, MIAugust 10, 2018
The place is close all around and it gets hot in the summer and mangers out of control and they dont have any experience they need to put the right people in management
Great Job
Office Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Woodridge, ILAugust 8, 2018
My position at Roush was incredible. I learned so much about the automotive industry. The staff and upper management were great to work with.The benefits and vacation time were generous. The culture and attitude was positive!
Cons
Not a bad job, possible career for those that dont mind overtime
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Allen Park, MIJuly 30, 2018
Good place to work for beginners in the auto industry that are single, summers are full of overtime which leaves little time for BBQ's and beach's. You are expected to work overtime no matter what. Which is great for getting on your feet and getting a home and car. Lots of things to learn and experience to be had
Pros
Money durring overtime
Cons
Overtime is forced up to 7 days a week 12 hours a day
Stressful, no a/c, no leaders.
Prototype Technician (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIJuly 28, 2018
Organized chaos, the blind leading the blind. The problem starts at the top and everybody knows it but does nothing about it but weekly meetings. Not a long term job.
Pros
Never have to see your wife
Cons
Always on overtime to compensate low wage.
Don’t work in Allen Park
Fabricator/welder/machinist (Current Employee) –  Allen Park, MIJuly 24, 2018
Bad management way to much forced over time the engineering department is terrible the blue prints hardly ever have the information needed to build part. All of there equipment is extremely terrible the company is to cheap to have end mills sharpened this company is a stepping stone not some were any one should work longer the.n needed
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Way to many hours no weekends off not enough money
Fun place to work at
Prototype Electrical Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Allen Park, MIJuly 12, 2018
I worked at Roush for months and got a lot of experience, had to stop and go back to school to focus on my degree and graduate. Would like to work there again.
Great Job
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Allen Park, MIJuly 10, 2018
Great job. This job is very learning full. Clean work place. Good Co-Workers. Job advancement is plentiful. Laid back. You get to see and work on the New Vehicles before anyone else. Exciting!
Pros
Alot
Great environment
CDL Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Allen Park, MIJuly 9, 2018
Roush is an awesome place to work the technology vehicles out doors if your a car guy or you love trucks best job ever low pay is the only reason to ever leave this job.
Pros
Experience
Cons
pay/compensation
Easy going, good employees, Great part-time
Assistant Coordinator/ Driver (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 2, 2018
I really enjoyed some of the management and other drivers. The routes were scenic and enjoyable. The hardest part of the job is getting used to the 12 hr. shifts. Really loved being out on the road.
Good place to work on new techniques
Business Analyst - Scrum Master/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJune 25, 2018
Management needs an improvement.
Needs a lot of improvement
Work place culture is not great
The hardest part of the job is management is not in place hence team is not efficient
Pros
Friendly Environment
Cons
Bad Management
No advancement opportunity and poor leadership structure.
Senior IT Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIJune 22, 2018
The is no advancement opportunity. Salaries are below average for skill set and work requirements. Leadership structure is closed and management is not strongly suited for support.
Fun place to work if you like to drive.
Vehicle test driver/evaluator (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 18, 2018
A typical day at work consists of driving a different vehicle every day on a different route surrounding the Las Vegas metro area and outskirts of Las Vegas.

Management is supportive.

The workplace culture is relaxed.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with traffic.

The most enjoyable part of the job is being the first to drive vehicles not yet released to the public.
Pros
Driving different cars everyday.
Cons
Being called and told you are not needed the next day due to over-staffing.
Hard to get a full time job after being an intern
Mechanical Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIJune 6, 2018
Interned with Roush over the summer in an engineering group. I've applied to multiple full time engineering positions at Roush and gotten little to no response back. My supervisors have done little to help me find a full time position within the company. Looking elsewhere now. During the internship however I gain valuable experience that I believe will help me later on. I was treated with respect and the office dynamics were light and fun. They gave me a lot of responsibility as an intern and expected me to perform like engineer. One of my greatest challenges. Loved it while I was there.
Pros
Engaging place to work
Cons
Hard to get a full time job after interning there
Good benefits, bad pay
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Allen Park, MIMay 31, 2018
This is a good company for benefits, but the pay leaves a lot to be desired. Most of my single co workers have to work two jobs just to make ends meet.

The benefits are good, though. The health insurance isn't too much, and there are some discounts that are offered.
productive
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIMay 24, 2018
A day at work was fast paced and productive. I was allowed to work at my own fast pace and then aid oters as needed. I learned I was more apt to do things mechanically than i thought and I was proud of that. I liked the job and it taught me many things that I will continue to expand upon in my mechanical future.
Pros
family environmnt
Cons
advancement was few and far between
Decent job
Composite Technician (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIMay 19, 2018
Good job for a start but over time I am just not finding what I’m doing worth what I’m getting from the job, some of my coworkers aren’t great to be around at times either
A very good company
Material Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIMay 8, 2018
Relaxed environment, thorough and fair management. All fellow employees were hard working, pleasant individuals which made the work place enjoyable to work.
May 16, 2018

Thank you for your comments. We are pleased to hear of your positive Roush experience. We make every effort to provide a safe and enjoyable work environment for all our employees. We offer an open-door policy for our employees to talk with us to share their concerns, ideas, and interests. We also offer comprehensive benefits, 401k with a company match, tuition reimbursement, and many other benefits. We want all our employees to enjoy what they do every day and work together to produce quality results for our customers. We look forward to continuing to be an industry leader by bringing on exciting and innovative programs in the future.

Wanted Professional People
Candidate (Former Employee) –  USAMay 4, 2018
I was selected for a phone interview with ROUSH. I received 2 e-mails confirming the date and time for this to happen. The job description was an exact copy of my resume and my successful experience in the industry would have been a good fit. Additionally I had contacted many of my FORD dealers and created an interest for the ROUSH Mustang, F150, and the new F250. The appointment time came and went. No e-mail, no phone call, nothing. One of the requirements was for the candidate to be a professional. Seems they lacked that virtue
Pros
Great NASCAR team
Cons
Unprofessional
May 11, 2018

Thank you for your comments. We’re sorry to hear that your experience with Roush was not what you expected. Our recruiting team has a very robust and thorough process that is followed to ensure that we identify the best talent to join our team. We make every effort to communicate with every applicant throughout the process. We wish you well in your pursuit of your next opportunity.

Very fast paced work environment
Detailer (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIMay 2, 2018
My tasks included sanding, prepping and detailing auto parts for the major industries. I also did quality inspections there too. It was a very fast paced environment and I do miss having all the benefits at that company.
Pros
Good benifits and fun place too work
Cons
Long days and not enough pay
May 11, 2018

Thank you for your comments. We are happy that you had a good Roush experience during your time with us. It’s great to hear that you experienced on the job training while you were here. Our customers value the quality of our products and services, so we do whatever it takes to meet their needs and expectations. Our projects and programs can be challenging and interesting at the same time. We appreciate your time with Roush and we wish you well in your future endeavors

It's a job
Crane Operator, Prototype Crash Safety Technician (Current Employee) –  Allen Park, MIApril 11, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job was the people that I worked with.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with my supervisor.
If you want to live at work this is the place.
May 9, 2018

I would have to agree with you, working with great people is the most enjoyable part of my day, too! We are sorry to hear that you have experienced challenges on the job. We have an open-door policy where we encourage our employees to stop in the offices of their management team or human resources to share concerns, ideas, and suggestions during their time here. Roush strives to create a workforce dedicated to our customers and excited about our projects. We continually work to cultivate a culture and environment that is beneficial for both the company and the employees, yet not everyone finds a home here. We wish you well and hope that in hindsight your time working for Roush will become a more positive memory.