ROVE PEST CONTROL Employee Reviews

Great place to work for hard workers
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Southborough, MAAugust 8, 2018
Feel like the owners really value hard working individuals. They are very involved in visiting the office and assisting with operations. The company's in-house entomologist visits the office often and provides great training to the technicians. Happy working here.
Pros
Great work environment, hands on leadership, care about employees
Cons
Hard work, long hours when busy
Awesome work place, good pay, and great local feel.
Route coordinator (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 5, 2018
I’ve seen a lot of negative reviews on here and most of them end explaining how they were fired. Anyone who was let go or fired will have a negative opinion. It’s not the easiest job in the world, but if you work hard, there are pay advancements and a good opportunity to move up in the company. Management treats the employees well, I’ve worked with Rove for three years, with a lot of positive experiences. One time I broke my company iPad, Rove said that accidents happen, and replaced the iPad without charging me. It’s the little things that make a work environment enjoyable.
Pros
Honest company that is willing to work with you.
Cons
It’s hard work.
Awful work environment, poor leadership and poor training
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 18, 2018
The job is tough, that's a given, but the poor leadership and the sneaky things ROVE did behind the scenes was awful and a HUGE deal breaker. There was no positive reinforcement from my manager or help given when I needed it.
In a typical day, we would go to a team meeting and go over questions or any struggles from the previous day. More often than not, my teams manager would tell at us and say negative things to us to try and motivate us to do better.
When myself and other members of my sales team were in poor areas, we would not be moved if we requested to be and I was only given one day of training before being thrown out into the field and try and make sales.
Pros
Incentives to make sales
Cons
Ridiculous hours-to-pay ratio. (poor contract percentage given to employees)
Easy work very low pay.
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Southborough, MAMarch 10, 2018
Manager was nice and it was easy place to work for. But you have to survive on minimum wage. Lied to on many occasions. Not played as much as I told I would be. No benefits at all.
Poor management and poor pay.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oakdale, MNDecember 19, 2017
Training did not prepare you for the actual position. Management was lacking in all areas.
Manager/owner does not help out in the office, casts blame on others and is overall rude to employees.
Pay is low, and work is stressful with no benefits.
Although I was hired as a full time customer service rep, no PTO or time off with pay.

I was let go after I missed a day of work for a funeral. The owner said 'too bad, you should have been here'.
Pros
No long commute
Cons
Poor management, low pay, stressful
The pay is not worth the risk
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oakdale, MNOctober 31, 2017
Job was not what I was told it would be. Disappointing. Was not trained for the job I ended up working. Lack of direction from management. Staff infighting
Pros
Pay
Cons
Leadership
Great place to learn and grow.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Oakdale, MNAugust 16, 2017
Great way to get certified in all areas of pest control.
Meet new people/clients everyday and become more customer service literate.
Enjoy great benefits as well
FRONT OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 18, 2015
The management was excellent and they made it a great place to work. The co-workers are great people with a strong work ethic.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Distance
Good place to make good money if you're willing to work hard.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNAugust 27, 2014
You knock doors for 9 hours a day, getting lots of rejection, but feels good when you start getting a few every day.
I learned to fine-tune my interpersonal skills and how to work with people of different dispositions.
They were fun, we had competitions sometimes with the other offices, and it felt good to win, celebrate, and reward ourselves with going to a BBQ house or have fun at the mall with our reward money.
Getting rejected on the doors and dealing with disgruntled customers you meet while knocking doors and wondering if what you're selling is actually quality- feeling you are doing something dishonest.
The competitions, meeting your goals and seeing the big check come in.
Pros
Free housing if you get 100 sales. Fun people to work with.
Cons
Daily rejection knocking doors, driving long distance, outdoor heat/elements, etc.
I did not receive health benefits and with no advancement possiblities
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 12, 2013
I learned about the different sections on the city of Nashville, how to prepare a route for the technicians for the next day and to handle an office alone. I was the one of four employees, so this office was very small. The hardest part of this job was learning the boundaries of the city for the technicians to service.
Pros
meeting different people everyday
Cons
very small office so benefits were offered