Rover.com

Rover.com Employee Reviews

United States1,119 reviews

Found 1,119 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,207 reviews
dogrovercomsitterpetanimalappbookingclient

One of the best things I ever did for myself.

Set your own hours/days to work and even your own rates!? Is such a thing even possible? I didn't think I could "work for myself" until I found out about Rover.com! I signed up to be a sitter when my dog died and I missed the canine companionship. I never thought that it would become my favorite way to earn money while having a great time with dogs. It's easy and fun "work", all of the dogs (and their humans) I've met so far have been great and easy to work with. My first time booking a client I had a little trouble with the system so I called Rover support and they were SO nice and understanding- I feel like they just want you to succeed! I usually only sit on weekends (or do longer housestays if the client lives close enough to my "real" work location), but I make more than enough spending money doing just that. I imagine if you made Rover your fulltime job and could host a dog daycare in your own home you could easily make a 5-figure salary in a year.

Pros

Set own rates, friendly support

Cons

The app could use a little work, but it's really only a minor grievance!

Fun Workplace

Fun, rewarding at times. Can be a little boring at times with no dogs to watch on the daily. Still nice job. ive learned that you need to accept not keeping yourself busy throughout the day while still at home.

Rover.com insights

Based on 1,018 survey responses
What people like
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility

Easy and very manageable schedule

Rover mostly relies on your schedule and the client's requested time for pet-sitting. Clients are very willing to work with your schedule and help you take care of their animals in the best way. Most clients are kind and tip nicely.

super nice once you build clientele

Love having regulars after a few months of building rapport on the app. pet parents are super kind and understanding of schedules! Only thing is the percentage rover takes really sucks when your doing a large job

Fun

Watching all the dogs were great because I love animals. Meeting all the dog parents was tedious until you are able to keep the meetings short. Highly recommend.

Great opportunity to work with pets

Great opportunity to work with pets and even entertain your own pets with friends. You get to set your own schedule and life balance. You bring in what you give.

Pros

Pets, scheduling.

Cons

Not allot of pay

Can be challenging

The Job can be easy if you’re lucky got get well-trained pets. It can also be difficult if you end up with poorly behaved ones. A 20% fee hurts but Rover encourages people to leave tips and if they do it helps. It's a great gig if you’re in between jobs or a student.

If you don’t like it, it’s your fault!

You sat own hours and wages. Choose your travel range and clients, and preferred pets to care for! Getting to know your regular clients is so rewarding. Forming a bond with these animals is the best.

Pros

Plan your own schedule, set your wages, choose your clients

Cons

Not as consistently paying as a 9-5, depending on your bookings.

Great if you're looking for a simple way to make a little cash

I worked for Rover throughout college while I was living at home. Paid for my groceries and gas. I enjoyed taking care of different dogs and had several regular customers that appreciated me a lot. Low stress.

Pros

flexible schedule, easy money

Cons

difficulty setting prices for different services, not a steady income

I like that I set my schedule and rates, however Rover support lacks

The good thing about Rover is being able to set your own hours and rates. I also like that I get clients on a regular basis to be able to do this full time. Without the Rover platform I wouldn't have as many clients as I do. I have worked for them for over a year and a half. I never had an issue until recently when I expected Rover support to have my back as my client was in the wrong. Unfortunately, Rover support services don't seem to value their sitters and aren't there to back them up in a tough situation such as mine. They use generic emails to answer questions and when you request further explanation or a phone call they don't follow up. It's unfortunate they don't appreciate the sitters that make their platform work.

Pros

Open schedule and setting your own rates

Cons

Rover support management

Easy job to do with kids

I love working with Rover! It’s a great job when being a single mom plus you are your own boss. The downside is that it’s more of a side job vs full time pay - at least in my experience. Every time I call them for a question, it’s answered and they help me out. One time I had a safety issue and they were very supportive!!

Nice!

Like working here!! Very nice people love working here. Always can call and get help. If you love animals you will probably like to work here. And it’s your own schedule.

Decent as a side job

It’s been a great career and side source of income since 2016. I do enjoy the flexibility of my independence, and clients. Unless I work 7 days a week though I won’t be able to pay my bills fully. Income is based on the income of the community around you, not necessarily skill.

Pros

Independent

Cons

Limited income

Great place to meet and work with new animals!

Rover is a great company to work for as they are responsive and helpful when they are necessary. The app works well, and the security Rover provides by handling all payments between you and customers is incredibly pleasant.

What is the best part of working at the company?The animals What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Building a business What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Incredible What is a typical day like for you at the company?I decided how busy my day will be

Exceptional for pet lovers looking to make their passion more of a career.

There's been ups and downs, but overall, this has been my favorite job so far. Very flexible. And I get to spend time with people's pets, assuring them that their fur-kids are safe and happy.

Pros

Chose your own schedule, care for cute animals, includes tips

Cons

Uncontrollable bad weather makes walking dogs difficult, and the occasional scam request

What is the best part of working at the company?They great at keeping you connected to the clients.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?People are making false booking

Fun to Work on own time, Definitely a risk for the individual

Fun taking care of peoples animals and getting to know them all on a personal level. Even better to see how happy owners are to see their pet satisfied. Truly feel like I am helping others. Rover does take 20% out of all earnings which is the only hard part.

Pros

Seeing different animals and learning about their lives

Cons

20% taken from pay.

Fun

Seems like a Great job where you get to have fun with animals by walking and taking care of them. Seems like a dream job if you ask me. Can’t wait to see what is available

Amazing work, on your own schedule

Working for Rover is a pretty fun job. You get to meet all different dogs and their owners. You do get to create your own schedule and choose who you will dog sit for or dog walk for. Every dog gets 30 minutes at a time or however long is agreed between owner and dog walker.

Pros

Own schedule, fun work

Cons

No cons

You can make your own hours!

I love that I'm my own boss and can make my own hours. Plus the customer service is good. Overall good company if you're looking to earn some extra money!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rover.com. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Rover.com.
Powered byComparably