Rover.com
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Rover.com:

Rover.com Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA11 reviews
Set your own hours/days to work and even your own rates!? Is such a thing even possible? I didn't think I could "work for myself" until I found out about Rover.com! I signed up to be a sitter when my dog died and I missed the canine companionship. I never thought that it would become my favorite way to earn money while having a great time with dogs. It's easy and fun "work", all of the dogs (and their humans) I've met so far have been great and easy to work with. My first time booking a client I had a little trouble with the system so I called Rover support and they were SO nice and understanding- I feel like they just want you to succeed!

I usually only sit on weekends (or do longer housestays if the client lives close enough to my "real" work location), but I make more than enough spending money doing just that. I imagine if you made Rover your fulltime job and could host a dog daycare in your own home you could easily make a 5-figure salary in a year.
Pros
Set own rates, friendly support
Cons
The app could use a little work, but it's really only a minor grievance!
It's slow-going as you build your client base but after a few weeks of being proactive with accepting gigs and building your profile you should receive regular requests. Rover Support is a bit frustrating with how long they take to respond and that multiple people review your case, but everyone is very friendly and accommodating.
I worked for Rover for about a year. It was okay. I was in charge of my own schedule and who I wanted to communicate with. They take 20% of your salary which is ridiculous. They also ban you if you talk about payment outside of Rover. I was a college student doing it for extra money, but this isn't sustainable for an actual living.
Pros
you're your own boss
Cons
20% taken from your salary, some customers are flaky
Don't quit anything to work here full time. People pick and choose you from a website. It is just a side job for extra money and that is all this is. You can not make living wages working here
Pros
Meeting cats/dogs, extra money
Cons
Don't get a lot of jobs, contract job
Good environment to work with. Fun working with all the different dogs and getting to know they’re different personalities. I would recommend this to most people looking for something easy to work with.
Rover is a great company to work with if you love dogs, have extra space to board and take care of dog or even just look after them for the day. I would also recommend this job to anybody who would like to earn some extra money doing something they love.
Pros
Working with dogs, Choose customers, As many vacation days as you'd like, Charge as much or as little as you'd like, Rover will take care of any vet expense from $250 - $25, 000
I'm a pet sitter for Rover.com so I get to make my own hours, set my own rates and manage my "business" however I see fit. Rover has been there for me every step of the way. You really get out of it what you put into it and I take my pet sitting services very seriously and it has become my livelihood! When first getting started, Rover Support consistently offered up valuable tips/advice and meaningful support and helpful reminders to ensure my success. Everyone I've spoken to there is personal, responsive, open to suggestions and constantly working to improve the company, its services and their process for both sitters and owners. Rover empowered me to start an enjoyable and successful business and opened a world of possibilities for me. Any time I've had questions, concerns or run into any pet sitting snags, someone from Rover has always been there to help. Not only that, they've been known to call me back a day later just to make sure all is well. They offer a great platform for those who are really serious about becoming a part of the pet sitting industry or to those who just want to walk a couple dogs here and there for some extra cash. They also offer great resources from educational articles to seasonal pet safety tips and marketing materials.

Thank you, Rover! I don't know what I would have done without you.
Pros
I make my own hours, Great support, They really care!
Cons
commission fee stings a little, not a fan of the Report Cards App feature
I've always loved being able to pet-sit for family and friends that go out of town. Rover has allowed me to branch out and find more people in need of pet-sitters and dog walkers on a regular basis. The site is easy to use and I feel comfortable with the owners contacting me to watch their pets. It's a great way to supplement income and make some extra money! You can be as flexible with your schedule as you want, and the best part is, owners seek you out based on your profile and experience! I would highly recommend Rover, it's a great way to connect with pet owners and sitters, and avoid having to board your animals while you're away!
Pros
Secure and easy to use
Cons
Many owners with cats/dogs do not register their cats, which can be confusing.
I love working for Rover because I set my own prices and make my own schedule. It is a great source of income as a primary job and can be a great secondary job for extra income. The biggest improvement I can suggest is taxes. You have to save your own money to pay taxes at the end of the year because they send you a 1099 form at the end of a year. I would prefer them just take taxes out at the time I get paid rather than having to worry about it at the end of the year. Other than that, Rover is great!
Pros
Flexible scheduling, you set your own price to make as much as you want.
Cons
No taxes taken out so you have to pay at the end of the year.
I have been a pet sitter with Rover since the last week of July. I booked my first dog sitting appointment one week later. The company is really good at providing opportunities for people to contact you if they like your profile. Messages come via text, email link, and the Rover app message service. Getting paid is pretty simple. Payment goes into your PayPal account and you can transfer that to your bank account that is on file with them, or leave it in PayPal.

I have had the privilege of establishing an ongoing relationship with 2 of the families I sit for. Their dogs love me, and I love them. I love getting a Rover message, asking if I will doggie-sit. If you become a sitter with Rover, be sure to read their email tips for keeping the owners and animals happy during your time with them. I take photos and send them while the owners are away, so they know their fur babies are doing well. I'm very happy to have a side job that is as busy or selective as I choose to make it.
Pros
Playing with animals
Cons
Waiting 2-3 days for your paycheck to clear your bank account
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Rover.com?
You pick your clients, so there are no mistakes about how many hours you get. You pick your rate, so there's no worry about not making enough money.
It is as-needed and you are your own boss. Rover simply provides a means for those in need of a dog sitter or walker to find you!

The hardest part of the job is not having anyone contact you, since it's as needed there's no guarantee you're working every day of the week. The most enjoyable part is definitely animals! You get to form a special bond with every animal you encounter when you work for Rover. That's something i've always loved.
Pros
really flexible, animals are fun, pick your rate of pay
Cons
not always someone in need of a sitter