Rover.com

What people like
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility

One of the best things I ever did for myself.

Set your own hours/days to work and even your own rates!? Is such a thing even possible? I didn't think I could "work for myself" until I found out about Rover.com! I signed up to be a sitter when my dog died and I missed the canine companionship. I never thought that it would become my favorite way to earn money while having a great time with dogs. It's easy and fun "work", all of the dogs (and their humans) I've met so far have been great and easy to work with. My first time booking a client I had a little trouble with the system so I called Rover support and they were SO nice and understanding- I feel like they just want you to succeed! I usually only sit on weekends (or do longer housestays if the client lives close enough to my "real" work location), but I make more than enough spending money doing just that. I imagine if you made Rover your fulltime job and could host a dog daycare in your own home you could easily make a 5-figure salary in a year.

Pros

Set own rates, friendly support

Cons

The app could use a little work, but it's really only a minor grievance!

Loved

I had a wonderful time working through rover. They helped me gain lots of clients, I got to do what I loved. It's a great side job, but the pay, gas, and miles topped me. Full time just won't work unless you want to be unfair with your prices. Overall, I met a lot of wonderful people and pets.

Pros

Hiking trails, new scenery, dogs!

Cons

Money, milage, late night hours.

Flexible

Rover helps you create a schedule and booking space for all of your clients but you get less when a booking costs more because of the service fee on the app. You dont really have a flow of requests and you have to consistently update your calendar to really have owners see your profile. Also, there are scammers who use the website and it should be regulated more and offer more benefits for the SITTER.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Poor service

Make your own schedule

I love Rover because you can make your own schedule and set your own prices. You are your own management. Plus who doesn’t love working with animals everyday?

Amazing company to work for

I started Rover as a side gig, and it quickly developed into a part-time job. You set your hours/availability, rates, advertise to clients, etc. The app is one of the easiest, reliable apps I have used, and when I need support I can call their number... my issues have been resolved quickly and professionally each time, and in the event of a situation where you need outside support (ie escaped dog), they have your back!

Pros

Paid to spend time with animals, set your own schedule and rates

Cons

No added employee benefits, must with hold your own taxes/track business expenses

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.

This is a contract podition

You work from your own home, set your own prices, and get your own reviews. It was a great part time gig for me while raising my family. I moved to a location with less of a backyard to support it so I had to reduce my work

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Take a big cut of your money

Fun and Flexible

Good for picking up some extra pocket change, unless you live in the right area, you probably couldn't make any sort of fulltime job type of income. You of course make your own schedule, so there is flexibility.

Good start into pets, grubby company

I loved the clients I worked for and it was a very simple process to begin. However, it's a very money focused company and they take out a decent chunk. If any client gives proof of outside tips or pay, they will come after you and drop you.

Pros

Flexibility, Cute Dogs, Welcoming clients

Cons

No benefits (tbe), No room for growth unless taking on loads of clients at once

Flexible Hours

Its a good work environment for me. I make my own hours and set my own rates. I've met great people and the animals are always great. I've had a lot of anxiety or diseased animals in the recent months, but they are always sweet. If you have patience and are okay with administering medication, then you can make extra cash here for the long run.

Meh. It's as good as you make it

Great way to connect with clients, but TERRIBLE support for sitters. If you reach out to Rover Support they will then suspend your account for having bothered them. Afterwards, you have to write a manifesto to convince them that you're a good fit for the Rover community.

Jobs at Rover.com

See more jobs

Great platform for pet sitting

Good platform for pet sitting and dog walking. Good review system and have had good experience with clients. Lots of flexibility to set pay, availability, and services offered.

Rover Takes Money

Your clients pay to pay you. You pay a fee for each service you book and you have to pay to get your money. So to make anything worth your while you have to charge an excessive amount to people who are already paying fees. Bad set up.

Pros

Schedule, dogs

Cons

They take your money

Used to be a Great Flexible Place to Work

No longer insures their walkers nor do they remove poor sitters that endanger people's pets. Greed got in the way. They should go back to the way they used to be.

Flexible Job, but they take a lot of your pay

I love working for Rover because I get to make my own hours, however, they take about 20% of your pay so a job that was 228 base would now be about 180. So it's very annoying. Otherwise, setting your own pay and hours, and location is super convenient

Pros

Set own hours and pay

Cons

Rover "fees"

Flexible and Fun

I started with Rover when I was laid off from my job in 2018. It was a lifesaver as I was able to bring in some money while still job searching. The company provided lots of helpful information on pet health, marketing, and support. It's the best side gig I've ever had in terms of pay and flexibility.

Pros

Make your own schedule, get to play with dogs

Cons

Sometimes dogs can be destructive to your home and property

Easygoing and easy money

It is easy to get clients and you get to pick and choose which ones you accept to your own schedule. Makes good money fast and it’s really easy and fun

Good way to earn extra money

Somewhat difficult to get the first few sitting jobs but after a few I was able to have some repeat clients every so often which helped. I loved spending time and caring for the pets while the family was away.

Easy if you love animals

It’s a simple work from home job, you make your own hours and you accept clients that YOU want to accept. I’ve watched cats and dogs and have yet to have a bad experience with any owners or pets. If a pet damages anything if your house they will cover the costs. You make your own schedule, and set your own pay rates.

Pros

Adorable pets

Cons

Possible damage to household items, as expected with with any pet

You are self employed so

You’re a self employed contractor so you make your own business schedule. You can take as many clients and you like or take as much time off as you like.

Great place to work if you want a great environment!

Not much to say. I work for Rover and it's great. The pay is minimal when you first start, but once you get recurring clients, the pay gets much better. Nothing beats working at an environment where you don't feel like another disposable worker.

Pros

Environment, flexible schedule, Dogs!!!!

Cons

Little pay to start, slow days

Hey Rover

If you're an animal lover and you're passionate about taking care of them then working for Rover is the right fit for you. You can put your skills as an animal caregiver to the test.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rover.com. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Rover.com.
Powered byComparably