Rowan College at Burlington County Employee Reviews

Decent place to work
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJOctober 8, 2018
Management wasn't the best, Since it is shift work it can be hard at times, unable to move from shifts which can be a bit annoying, By no means is the job bad or not good, just wished management would help the good employees and not reward the bad ones.
Pros
benefits, decent pay, easy
Cons
can leave for break( its paid) bad hours (pending on what shift)
dont work here not worth it
human resources (Current Employee) –  Mt. Laurel, NJOctober 8, 2018
my time spent here has been very below average. half of our equipment doesnt work properly or is just broken. management is a disaster and expects alot out of you. plus you'll have a range of responsibilities that are others peoples jobs and no you wont get paid extra for it. pay is a joke they work you to the bone. union here is no good haven't had a contract in 5 years. overall I would not recommend anyone working here.
Pros
hours 6am 245pm
Cons
no breaks bad management poor working environment
Great
Graduate Intern (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJSeptember 17, 2018
This is a great job to work at as far as stress. the benefits are good but the pay is low. I enjoyed making friends here and professional development, but that it about it.
The business model for higher education
Adjunct & Computer Instr Asst (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJAugust 31, 2018
The business model for higher education is unacceptable. The idea is to exploit part-time faculty, who are low paid and have no benefits, leaving them as part of the working poor.
Unique job experience I will remember for life.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJAugust 29, 2018
The best job I have had so far, and I certainly miss it. I worked as an EMSS (Enrollment Management, Student Success) student worker, and it was a very peaceful, enjoyable, and challenging work environment. One of the only jobs I've had so far where I fully enjoyed going to work everyday and helping every student that came for assistance. I don't know if this specific position will be offered on Indeed, but it truly was a unique work experience, and I will remember it for life.
Pros
Very flexible for a college student, great co-workers and staff, and great learning experience.
Cons
No cons, really. Maybe the occasional angry student coming in, but you'll still find that at any job.
Great place to teach.
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJAugust 27, 2018
I have been a paid tutor here at RCBC since 2014. I began as strictly a tutor for those students having difficulty in Spanish. Since 2017 my tutoring assignments have expanded to include English, Reading, Grammar and Usage, Composition, Creative Writing, Public Speaking, Psychology and Sociology
RCBC encourages innovation and creativity. The staff is vwey supportive.
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJAugust 21, 2018
RCBC is eithout question, the best community college in New Jersey.
RCBC encourages instructors to be innovative and creative. The staff is very supportive.
good place to work
Audio/Visual (AV) Technician (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJJuly 26, 2018
This is a great environment for people to make connections with experienced public-service professionals. There's lots of great people in this department and you learn a lot when you work with them in the field.
I think it is a great place to work,
Pros
Rowan is a peaceful place to work
Cons
low salary
Great place to start a career in law enforcement
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJJuly 23, 2018
I think it is a great place to work, aside from the shifts may or may no being mandatory its good.I also think it has one of the best benefits packages I've ever heard of
Pros
college
Cons
shifts at night
It is a fun place to work at times
Test Center Proctor (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJJuly 11, 2018
The job is challenging, tedious and repetitive. Lots to keep abreast of and the students become a challenge and a curse, but very satisfying at times.
A great entry-level job.
College worker (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJJune 13, 2018
Just an adjunct
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJJune 10, 2018
I work as a part time adjunct professor. I am given freedom to create my own syllabus and course work for my students. No one is there breathing down my neck, but then again I work during night classes so most management is gone for the day.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Classes can be cancelled due to lack of enrollment
Ok place to work
Adjunct Professor of Communication (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJApril 28, 2018
Being Adjunct they are one of the lowest paying schools in the area and are only allowed to offer 2 classes a semester, where other schools offer their adjuncts 4-5 a semester
Good Workplace Environment, Lack of Funding
Community Service Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJApril 26, 2018
The school has been going through a lot of layoffs due to a lack of funding. The people who work there are wonderful, but I'm not sure how stable a job here would be right now.
Pros
Flexibility with schedule
Cons
Can only work a maximum of 25 hours as a student worker
Would not recommend working here....high turnover
Faculty Member (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJFebruary 13, 2018
With Acting President at RCBC, the organization is in great turmoil.
THey need to focus more on the students and employees.
They have not given raises in two years.
Pros
coworkers are very nice and talented
Cons
change here has not been good.
Mangement is horrible in the physical plant
Custoidian (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJFebruary 11, 2018
People in prison get treated better. They will write you off and change your schedule just the force you out. I have never been treated as bad at any one job then this place. So your self a favor and pass this place up
Pros
Cons
You sell your soul
Great and positive work environment, but adjuncts are underpaid
Adjunct (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJFebruary 9, 2018
The full time staff and support staff are all great. Its a really positive environment, and supportive too. The people who work here really enjoy their jobs. There's not a single bad apple among them.

That being said, as a adjunct you will be severely underpaid, have zero benefits, and no job security. Even working full time you will struggle to make over $30k a year. As an adjunct, you can't really miss a class day or take a day off, though that's not too bad since you'll only be working half days or full days, 2-4 days a week. In a class of 20-30 students, your entire semester salary is the same as a single student's tuition.

If you accept the low pay and that it is really only a part time gig, then it is an amazing place to be an adjunct.
Coordinator of International Student Services (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJFebruary 7, 2018
RCBC is fast paced during different times of the year. Management is not supportive. Too many managers that don't jump in when needed. Promotions are political.
Pros
benefits package
Cons
no advancement
Better Communication with all staff in general
Senior Secondary Adjunct Professor for STEM (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJJanuary 20, 2018
The best part of the job is teaching the students and helping them pursue a better future. The hardest part is keeping a position or the miscommunication between part time and full time staff.
Pros
Helping students
Cons
low pay, no guaranteed you will have a job the next semester
Great !!!
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Pemberton, NJDecember 4, 2017
Excellent place to be employed, I wish I could have remained on as staff but I wanted to pursue my career. I had nothing but a great time on all campuses
Pros
staff