Rowan College at Burlington County Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great place to start a career in law enforcement
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJJuly 23, 2018
I think it is a great place to work, aside from the shifts may or may no being mandatory its good.I also think it has one of the best benefits packages I've ever heard of
Pros
college
Cons
shifts at night
It is a fun place to work at times
Test Center Proctor (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJJuly 11, 2018
The job is challenging, tedious and repetitive. Lots to keep abreast of and the students become a challenge and a curse, but very satisfying at times.
A great entry-level job.
College worker (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJJune 13, 2018
This is a great environment for people to make connections with experienced public-service professionals. There's lots of great people in this department and you learn a lot when you work with them in the field.
Just an adjunct
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJJune 10, 2018
I work as a part time adjunct professor. I am given freedom to create my own syllabus and course work for my students. No one is there breathing down my neck, but then again I work during night classes so most management is gone for the day.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Classes can be cancelled due to lack of enrollment
Ok place to work
Adjunct Professor of Communication (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJApril 28, 2018
Being Adjunct they are one of the lowest paying schools in the area and are only allowed to offer 2 classes a semester, where other schools offer their adjuncts 4-5 a semester
Good Workplace Environment, Lack of Funding
Community Service Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJApril 26, 2018
The school has been going through a lot of layoffs due to a lack of funding. The people who work there are wonderful, but I'm not sure how stable a job here would be right now.
Pros
Flexibility with schedule
Cons
Can only work a maximum of 25 hours as a student worker
Would not recommend working here....high turnover
Faculty Member (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJFebruary 13, 2018
With Acting President at RCBC, the organization is in great turmoil.
THey need to focus more on the students and employees.
They have not given raises in two years.
Pros
coworkers are very nice and talented
Cons
change here has not been good.
Mangement is horrible in the physical plant
Custoidian (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJFebruary 11, 2018
People in prison get treated better. They will write you off and change your schedule just the force you out. I have never been treated as bad at any one job then this place. So your self a favor and pass this place up
Pros
Cons
You sell your soul
Great and positive work environment, but adjuncts are underpaid
Adjunct (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJFebruary 9, 2018
The full time staff and support staff are all great. Its a really positive environment, and supportive too. The people who work here really enjoy their jobs. There's not a single bad apple among them.

That being said, as a adjunct you will be severely underpaid, have zero benefits, and no job security. Even working full time you will struggle to make over $30k a year. As an adjunct, you can't really miss a class day or take a day off, though that's not too bad since you'll only be working half days or full days, 2-4 days a week. In a class of 20-30 students, your entire semester salary is the same as a single student's tuition.

If you accept the low pay and that it is really only a part time gig, then it is an amazing place to be an adjunct.
Coordinator of International Student Services (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJFebruary 7, 2018
RCBC is fast paced during different times of the year. Management is not supportive. Too many managers that don't jump in when needed. Promotions are political.
Pros
benefits package
Cons
no advancement
Better Communication with all staff in general
Senior Secondary Adjunct Professor for STEM (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJJanuary 20, 2018
The best part of the job is teaching the students and helping them pursue a better future. The hardest part is keeping a position or the miscommunication between part time and full time staff.
Pros
Helping students
Cons
low pay, no guaranteed you will have a job the next semester
Great !!!
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Pemberton, NJDecember 4, 2017
Excellent place to be employed, I wish I could have remained on as staff but I wanted to pursue my career. I had nothing but a great time on all campuses
Pros
staff
Part Time Patrol officer
Public Safety Patrol Officer (Current Employee) –  Pemberton, NJSeptember 4, 2017
RCBC Public Safety is a great place to work! The environment is very fast paced at times, depending on the campus. Communication through the department and the college is a bit lacking.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Lack of Communication
Great environment
Central Receiving Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJAugust 24, 2017
I feel that my fellow employees are great to work with and accomplish many tasks throughout a normal business day. However, I really feel that we are under paid and job security isn't making us very comfortable.
Pros
Stable work, great co-workers
Cons
Bad salary and wages
Ok
Senior Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Pemberton, NJAugust 23, 2017
Decent place to work. Decent communication with employer and departmental heads. Students are for the most part engaged and interested in pursuing the 4 year degree post RCBC.
Poor Atmosphere
Pitching Coach/Recruiting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pemberton, NJJune 2, 2017
The atmosphere at RCBC is poor. I didn't learn anything from management. Quite frankly I feel as if I wasted my time at RCBC. The management team turns a blind eye to negative activity that goes on right in front of them. Just a poor situation for growth.
Pros
No real pros other than experience
Cons
Poor Pay, Poor Facilities, Poor Management
work environment
Senior Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJMay 16, 2017
Relaxed environment with a supportive and attentive work staff. Input is coveted and appreciated. No complaints. The administration is very supportive when it comes to student problems and resolutions.
Pros
work independence
Cons
salary
Good working environment with awesome benefits!
Custodial Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJApril 3, 2017
RCBC is a great workplace! You not only do work, but you get on the job experience that helps you advance into other positions! You will be busy cleaning for eight hours, but you can still have close interaction with professors, students and administrators. The work is easy and routine (for most people). I have a position where I do multiple things a day and they are always different. The hardest part of the job is getting to a computer to complete work orders. The most enjoyable part is seeing how people see the campus as beautiful, with a sense of pride because of your work.
Pros
awesome benefits, easy work, customer service
Cons
routine (but that could be a plus for some people), hard to find time to complete work orders (on a computer)
Overall a great place
Educational Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJFebruary 28, 2017
Overall, RCBC is a great place to work. Mostly everyone is there to help the students, as it should be focus. Unfortunately, the department I am in leads to no advancement.
Fantastic college
Senior Adjunct Professor - Liberal Arts (Current Employee) –  Pemberton, NJFebruary 19, 2017
I have been with this college for 11 years and I began with them teaching face-to-face courses and now teach strictly distance learning courses. I love the students and also the support staff!!