Rowan University

Reviewer Recommended

Recommended Workplaces earn this badge by having an average star rating of 4.2 or higher in the last two years, and at least 10 reviews from Indeed users.

Rowan University Employee Reviews

great job
Data processor, (Former Employee) –  Glassboro, NJApril 2, 2019
great work environment. the work flow is fun and you learn to use some important business software such as salesforce and onbase. the office environment is very friendly.
Good steady job during college semesters
Fitness Area Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glassboro, NJMarch 14, 2019
I've worked at the Fitness Center during my Sophomore and Junior years. It is a low stress job that balances well with my academic requirements. It allows me to earn some money while while in college, but not enough to live on.
Research Assistant
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glassboro, NJFebruary 25, 2019
Working at Rowan University has been a pleasure. I work two days a week while still attending classes and gives just enough time to accomplish both. I recommend working at Rowan
Productive and culture workplace
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJFebruary 12, 2019
Helping others and answer questions to people its my pleasure. This is something that I really enjoy doing. Be the caring of information and that others see you as the solution to their problem its what I classify as self-development.
Very fast paced environment with great
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Glassboro, NJFebruary 3, 2019
The University is an amazing place to work and has employed a variety of high quality employees. The benefits are good and the pay scale is among the best I have seen.
learnt how to do MD audit and novitas E/M coding
completed externship in Clinical Coding, (Former Employee) –  Stratford, NJJanuary 14, 2019
great working environment. lots of experience in coding and auditing. resourceful and compliant with regulations and ethics.lot of exposure to different specialities. very caring and easy to communicate with my supervisor .I lovedworking over there/
Pros
good exposure
Cons
not enoough time to complete work
Fun Workplace with Friends.
Admissions Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Glassboro, NJJanuary 11, 2019
If you attend Rowan University, this is a quick and easy way to earn money. Although it is not a lot, the work is simple. In addition, the people within the admissions program are one of a kind. I have made many great friends with this job. Not only that, but it looks fantastic on a resume.
good work life balance, not stressful
PSS2 (Current Employee) –  Glassboro, NJJanuary 7, 2019
overall a good learning and career experience. a lot of opportunities for learning and networking, but that would really depend on your supervisor or position sometimes free lunches. parking was usually a pain.
Fun and productive
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glassboro, NJDecember 18, 2018
As a previous student worker, I didn't have to worry about my work and class schedule. Working on campus made my schedule for both work and class much easier.
Pros
Class and work schedule don't conflict with each other
Cons
N/a
It was a workout
Central Clerk (Former Employee) –  Glassboro, NJDecember 18, 2018
Management and supervisor was nice and willing to give on the job training. Learned how to process work orders, pull orders, different departments they go to and use equipment on the site. They see you work hard and will offer to give advice and guidance. The hardest part I would say was the random amount of orders that needed to be delivered, some days light other days you will literally have a mountain of order that needed to be sent out then another shipment arrives in the evening after your lunch break. The fun part was that it keeps you active and it helps a lot if you have good rapport with other staff and the facility it's self. It was hard work but every day was something different. I ended up liking it after three years.
Pros
Close to Campus
Cons
Was just temporary
Resident Assistant Rowan University
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glassboro, NJDecember 13, 2018
Working at Rowan as an RA can be very stressful at times but has great benefits including room and board. It is a good networking tool as well for the University
Excellent
Instructor, Rowan 101 (Current Employee) –  Glassboro, NJDecember 12, 2018
Wonderful culture of professionals who are truly student-centered. The staff at Rowan University are supportive and concerned about the well being of their employees.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Fun, challenging and nice place to work
Senior Application DBA (Current Employee) –  Glassboro NJDecember 6, 2018
A typical day is busy and challenging. I find myself digging into many different problems and tasks. My duties are very diverse. The management really cares about the quality and quantity of work that is being done. The hardest part of the job is troubleshooting.
Pros
Union
Cons
Raises and promotions
It's okay
Student Worker/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glassboro, NJNovember 29, 2018
It's just okay. As a student worker they pay you next to nothing but have you do work that is worthy of at least $14 per hour. A lot of running around.
great place
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Glassboro, NJNovember 26, 2018
I enjoy working at Rowan. I have learned a lot about the college student experience and many processes affiliated with applying, being admitted, and graduating from a higher education institution.
Student Work
Physics Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glassboro, NJNovember 15, 2018
I worked in the physics lab while a student setting up introductory labs for classes. It was good work that gave me background insight of the materials used.
Educational
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glassboro, NJNovember 14, 2018
Worked on various projects at Rowan University for various departments and professors. I learned a great deal about multiple subjects and about the research process at a university.
Challenging and Competitive but Rewarding
Apprentice Engineering Team (Current Employee) –  Glassboro, NJOctober 29, 2018
It's a very challenging job area but the staff is very friendly and helpful. It teaches you a lot and is more of a learning opportunity than a job and I am very thankful to have it.
It’s a good environment to work at people here are respectful and courteous
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Lindenwold, NJOctober 26, 2018
It’s a good environment to work at people here are respectful and courteous. They speak to you they say hello how you doing so I’m even ask how is your day go some even sit down and talk to you if you’re feeling low is of a special place to be around with Old you can get your job done I still make friends at the end of the day
Pros
Good things happen when you come to work and do your job
Cons
You will get discipline for not being on time and not completing work task
my thoughts
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Glassboro, NJSeptember 25, 2018
I think Rowan is a nice work space. Good facilities competitive pay and excellent programs and staff. The only draw back is no days off when severe weather strikes and University makes you use your time. Also, you can get trapped in the gossiping culture that exists amongst senior level staff.