Rowan University Employee Reviews

ok
Student Technician (Current Employee) –  Glassboro, NJMarch 17, 2018
it is fun working at rowan. my employer is the best one i have. Stress free work enviroment, could not ask for anything better working at Rowan. Apply wherever you can
Good learning environment
Student (Current Employee) –  Glassboro, NJMarch 14, 2018
Rowan University is the college I currently attend. It has a great learning environment with professors who love to teach and help you succeed. I would definitely recommend this school.
No Advancement
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glassboro, NJMarch 13, 2018
Union contract is frozen and there has been no pay increase for three years. Morale is at an all time low and everyone is overworked and very stressed.
Even though you get paid time off, the amount of work to make up when you return is unbearable. It's almost not worth taking.
Pros
health benefits, sick days, paid time off
Cons
overworked, stressful, uneven amounts of work given to people of same title
Research assistant for Biochem
RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Glassboro, NJMarch 12, 2018
I did research in a lab at Rowan's medical school in Camden and worked with a great team. I had classes with a lot of the students I did research with, so we were able to talk about the project we were working on outside of the lab, too.
Fast paced
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glassboro, NJMarch 8, 2018
Its a great place to work very fast paced and high energy. You always have to be on your toes. This is an environment for young people who love to interact wit others.
Looking for more opportunities
Instructor of Psychology (Adjunct) (Current Employee) –  Glassboro, NJMarch 7, 2018
I have been an adjunct for 9 years. I have taught hundreds of students and mentored dozens. I absolutely love being an instructor, however the opportunities to advance are few and far between.
Pros
Nice atmosphere
Cons
Lack of opportunities to advance
fun place to adjunct BUT....
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Glassboro, NJMarch 3, 2018
they decide who to keep on as an adjunct based totally on student reviews! so a student who gets a D for doing no work wrote a scathing review about me and now I might not be hired back!!!
High paced work place
Summer Technology Licensing Associate (Former Employee) –  Glassboro, NJFebruary 26, 2018
It's a productive workplace where you sit down with the Executive director daily, meet with different teams, and collaborate with several people to solve problems.
Rowan
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Glassboro, NJFebruary 26, 2018
Great campus, awesome workers, the pay was not that great but the hours was good and they allowed overtime. Rowan overall was a great experience and the building was clean
Very good university with excellent staff
Student researcher (Former Employee) –  Glassboro, NJFebruary 26, 2018
I interned in Rowan University as part of a research team. The team was very well coordinated and reflected the professional work culture of Rowan University overall.
Nice place to work
Electrician 1 (Former Employee) –  Stratford, NJ 08084February 14, 2018
Worked 8 hours a day as an electrician. Doing new construction for offices, labs, break areas. Did old work too. Preventive msintenace work megging, amping motors. Cleaning motor control contacts.
$$They want your $$
Staff Writer, The Whit (Former Employee) –  Glassboro, NJFebruary 14, 2018
They love $$, not education. Single-minded expansion, growth over quality. Care more about the extra 20,000 students they could have than the 20,000 students they already have.
Good
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glassboro, NJFebruary 10, 2018
Overall, great benefit of working while going to school. prosperous public facility with many opportunities, variety of fields for study and diverse faculty background. Personally, I was able to work closely with two firms that each presented employment opportunities post academia.
Pros
Paid Tuition
Very educational
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glassboro, NJFebruary 8, 2018
Great place to learn and grow. Advisors and professors are great at working with students in order to best help them. Small class sizes attract professors that are good at individual attention
Resident Assistant
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glassboro, NJFebruary 6, 2018
I was a resident assistant with Rowan University for 2 years and have seen friends become Residential Directors. Rowan had a great program for training and an amazing support system for those who needed any extra help. The work life balance was great considering the benefits (Free room and board + discounted meal plan if you went for the unlimited... at least when i was there).

Upper management was great, and your residential directors can be hit or miss just in any other job.

Rowan University boats a diverse and fun staff of RD's and RA's

The one thing that I think all applying Resident Assistants should be aware of is during training they will make it seem like you can't live a fun social life/party life and that if residents see you out enjoying yourself... you will be fired immediately. Its not like that, its college and you can have fun too. Just as long as its not while you're on duty.
Pros
Room and Board, Included meal plans
Cons
Stressful At times
what i have learned
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Glassboro, NJFebruary 6, 2018
I have learned a lot since I started the job at Rowan. It is very nice workplace. I would suggest it to friends to work there. You learn a lot from your co workers and management.
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
there is non
Productive and fun place to work with awesome mentorship
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glassboro, NJJanuary 25, 2018
This is a place that challenges you to be your best while supporting your learning on the job.
My manager was beyond fair caring and truly invested in my development.
The culture was positive upbeat and truly pushing you to excel as a professional in the workforce.
Pros
free food, great energy, flexibility and continued professional development
Cons
I cant think of one
Great benefits and good location
Director of Pensions and Benefits (Former Employee) –  Glassboro, NJJanuary 25, 2018
The benefits offered are exceptional. Rowan is a growing univesity so if you are interested in growing with them, you should apply.
It was a fast paced environment but that is to be expected in a growing university.
Pros
tuition waiver for you and your immediate family
Cons
not enough parking for students and employees.
Great job
Admissions Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Glassboro, NJJanuary 25, 2018
This job is one of the easiest, but most rewarding jobs I have ever had. Being able to make my own hours was very nice because it allowed me to get my school work done while still being able make money.
fast / slow
Prof. Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Glassboro, NJJanuary 19, 2018
- Team player environment
- Friendly environment
- Fast pace
- Several different teams
- Everyone steps in where needed
- Staff meeting to keep everyone on one accord
- Management is reasonable & approachable
Pros
free lunch
Cons
stressful at times