Rowland Unified School District Employee Reviews

Rowland School District was a very good district to work for.
Elementary School Teacher (Former Employee) –  Rowland Heights, CAAugust 29, 2018
This review comes many years after leaving the teaching profession so nothing I can say now is current. Rowland School District is still considered a good place to work to my knowledge.
Great place to learn
Provisional Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Rowland Heights, CAAugust 9, 2018
I have learned immensely in my time here. If you are a person that wants to grow in career, both in skill and as a professional, this district is great to get your feet wet.
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Rowland Heights, CAAugust 5, 2018
Very nice environment, happy to be there every day.
Good people to work with specially my supervisor. I always enjoy being at work learning from everyone around me.
Pros
Nice environment
very friendly environment
Cafeteria manager (Current Employee) –  Walnut, CAMay 30, 2018
I simply need something that can help my personal growth. I love the kids, I appreciate my efficient workers, I just need something more sustainable for living purposes
Pros
free lunch and breakfast
Cons
not enough hours
A Great place to gain experience
Certified Substitute Teacher (K-12) (Current Employee) –  Rowland Heights, CAMay 30, 2018
* Great place to learn all the various aspects of team work, collaboration. Learning patience and working with the developing community. Being part of the union is very essential, and being
Great place for experience
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  La Puente, CAMay 28, 2018
Good place to work if your trying to get a feel for working at a school with teachers you had when you attended. Not bad by any means other than the fact that i got paid every month and worked only about 18 hrs in the month so it wasn't great but its as close to being a teacher as you can get.
Immediate team is very collaborative and enjoyable to work with.
Director of Student Services (Current Employee) –  Rowland Heights, CA 91748April 6, 2018
A typical day of work includes various meetings with team members, preparation for trainings, and computer work. The hardest part of the job is the hours required to meet all expectations. The best part of the job is working with people.
Pros
Diversity of work
Entry level position
TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Rowland Heights, CAApril 3, 2018
Benefits induded health, vision, dental, retirement, etc.
Support and training was provided to me as a new employee.
High level of collaboration among staff.
Pros
collaborative
Cons
N/a
Fun place to work if you enjoy working with kids from pre-K – High School
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rowland Heights, CAFebruary 16, 2018
I truly enjoyed my time working at Rowland High School. Being there for over 10 years, I had the opportunity to see the impact of education on kids throughout their entire high school years. I got to watch them grow physically and academically. Overall very rewarding.
Pros
The satisfaction of being a part of a kids' academic success
Cons
Very little working hours
Human Resources -Personnel Technician (Former Employee) –  Rowland Heights, CA 91748February 15, 2018
At RUSD there are many opportunities to advance within the district. They also offer to cover job related school course for professional growth and advancement.
Career Vocational Coach
Career / Vocational Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rowland Heights, CADecember 6, 2017
Assist students with physical and/or learning disabilities
Successfully seek and gain employment in the community
Contacts employers to identify possible employment opportunities for students
Provides support to students in work experience jobs
Serves as a liaison between teachers, students and employers
This was a temporary position
Library Technician (Former Employee) –  La Puente, CAAugust 1, 2017
I enjoyed the people I met. Everyone was very nice and helpful. A typical day included helping students find books for projects. I worked in the school library.
Things have changed since a new administration came in.
Contracted Mental HealthProvider (Former Employee) –  variousJune 2, 2017
RUSD has changed administration and consequently has become a difficult place to work. I worked under a contract so I did not have any benefits. I worked in all grades, With weak leadership in the district, it has trickled down to the schools. There is way too much emphasis on the money aspect at the detriment of the students.
Pros
People in the schools are generally great.
Cons
The district has poor leadership and are out of touch with the population.
A great place to work with dedicated employees who focus on student success
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Rowland Heights, CAMay 9, 2017
I worked for RUSD for over 10 years. I started working during my senior year of high school; and continued for ten more years. I learned various tools and techniques which have assisted me to this day. RUSD is a great place to work in.
Loved working with the bilingual students
INTRUCTIONAL ASSISTANT/BILIGUAL (Former Employee) –  Rowland Heights, CAMay 2, 2017
Assisted the teacher with the bilingual (Spanish) students in class. Helped with their reading and math. I worked with Kinder Gardeners, Third grade and Fifth grade students. The hardest part of the job was that it was only part-time.
Pros
Working with students
Cons
Only part-time position
Worked as a high school teacher.
Biology Teacher (Former Employee) –  Rowland Heights, CAJanuary 16, 2017
This was an excellent opportunity to interact with students and learn public education. The students allowed me to examine learning methods that were necessary for student success.
30 Year Employee. Loved my time with RUSD
Senior Custodian (Former Employee) –  CAOctober 29, 2015
I came to RUSD in 1982 and advanced to senior custodian in 5 years. It was a great place to work with fair management and great benefits. Would love to go back if I hadn't relocated.
Working with your second family
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Rowland Heights, CASeptember 4, 2015
Working at RUSD will often give you job security, as most people become permanent after working there for only a year, however there is little opportunity for upward mobility.
Unstable Teaching Assignment
Math Teacher (Former Employee) –  Rowland Heights, CAJune 15, 2015
I was hired over a week after school starts (at no fault of my own. I applied, got interviewed and followed the hiring process perfectly), then transferred to another school within the first month, and was let go before first semester ends.
I help special needs students with their studies.
Instuctional Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rowland HeightsFebruary 8, 2015
I help the kids with their studies. If they have any questions, they can ask me. I help the teacher make the classroom flow a bit better. I learned how to be a hard worker and be patient with students and people. My co-workers are very helpful and I learned how to work as a team. The hardest part of my job is dealing with the parents because they are frustrated with their kids but I tell them they are trying their best. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing results with the kids.
Pros
Enjoyable work enviroment
Cons
No benefits