Roxbury Community College Employee Reviews

former employee
student (Former Employee) –  Roxbury Crossing, MAApril 19, 2018
Administration makes all decisions and does not allow anyone to add their feedback. Staff/Faculty are the best there is. Unsafe working conditions due to all the construction around. The staff are great and work together despite all the trouble to work there. Not recommended to work there because they will fire you any second they want another person in your role. Not much to do, no money to provide services to the community. A losing battle to work there. Not my recommendation at all.
Pros
staff who work there
Cons
administration
Was not a good place to work at
Accountant I (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 17, 2018
This department I was in definitely had no room for advancement. It's basically an easy, dead end job. I would finish my work by noon on most days. Dealing with students were horrible.
Pros
Laid back, easy.
Cons
Most students were horrible.Structure.
Flexible hours, lots of projects
Nursing Skills and Simulation Lab Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 4, 2018
Pretty comprehensive role, often more than what can sensibly be managed in a given week.
Decisions made by administrators without consulting faculty and staff on the consequential impact to students.
Pros
schedule, pay rate, benefits
Cons
job security, chaotic organization or roles and accountability
Exciting and Rewarding
Assistant Women's Basketball Coach (Former Employee) –  Roxbury, MAOctober 6, 2017
Thoroughly enjoyed my time coaching at Roxbury. Very rewarding experience. Great team and coaching staff. Drastically improved my public speaking skills and an absolute confidence boost. Given me skills to help direct and lead in my field of work and take on a leadership role to staff.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Salary
They don't care about the students
Assistant Comptroller (Former Employee) –  Boston, maAugust 6, 2017
Management is more concerned with their political advancement than anything else. All the higher management has seemed to get hired because they knew someone.
Helping people with information to proceed their goals.
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 1, 2017
A typical day at work goes by fast, because of multi-task.
Working was very educational,I learned computer skills, communications skills and cultural skills
I enjoyed helping people.
Pros
helping students
Cons
working hours
Place to learn what careers you want to be.
Registrar Clerk (contract assignment) (Former Employee) –  Roxbury, MAJuly 11, 2017
Learn how to registrar students for their classes and print out their transcripts and put their information in the system for the students. Help out when graduation time come and make sure the students meet their requirements for graduation.
Good School
Student (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 15, 2017
I like the atmosphere and the people are very helpful for advice and guidance. They help me out to see what I wanted to do. I like the way the school is designed and the campus is easy to find classes and library.
Excellent
Director, Educational Talent Search Program (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 16, 2017
I had a great time working at RCC. The environment was full of people ready and willing to step in and get the necessary tasks done. I was a director of a federally funded grant, assisting high schools graduates to engage post secondary education.
great staff
Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Roxbury, MAApril 7, 2017
staff is awesome and work environment is good. As long as you do your job and work hard, you will have no issues. Great environment to work in with coworkers

Want to know more about Roxbury Community College?

Ask a question
Part time worker
Tutor and Mentor (Current Employee) –  Roxbury, MAApril 4, 2017
Roxbury Community College is a great place to work, everyone cares tremendously for the students' success, and as long as you demonstrate a good work ethic are willing to help you succeed.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no benefits
Inclusive Work Environment
Social Media & Events Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 25, 2017
The workplace is very welcoming and accommodates a healthy work/life balance. The staff here is diverse and reflects the student body.
Rewarding Experience
Director Enterprise Applications (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 17, 2017
RCC is a great place to make a difference. My work was technically challenging. But it is rewarding because you help students eventually achieve their career goals.
Work environment is fun but shaky
Help desk technician (Former Employee) –  Roxbury, MADecember 11, 2016
I got laid off with out any description to what I have done or no reason. I thought I was doing a good job from every ones evaluation on a daily basis.
Best Place to Work
OFFICE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Roxbury, MAJuly 5, 2016
At first I was nervous because I did not know how the co-workers were and how the students would act. When I got there, I realised that I was nervous for nothing. Everyone was so friendly, my boss becomes more like a friend. She is the nicest and most reliable supervisor I know. The co-workers just make me feel home. Now I uunderstand why people say: "It's not really working when you love your job."
Great place
Deans' Office Assistant - Work Study Program (Current Employee) –  Roxbury, MAMay 31, 2016
On a typical day it is very busy but enjoyable because of the campus being so diverse. The faculty is very helpful with students and well as with other staff members and its work study.
Pros
learning expereince
Cons
not enough hours
n/a
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 14, 2016
same place. the environment is very nice and people are very nice and friendly. I learn more about science and people. the hardest part when a student ask me to help him with 3 chapters in an hour. however, I did summarized it and he got over the average. he came to me very happy while i was so worried for him.
working low budget limited
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 8, 2016
always able to look for solutions to any problem in our own .
we were cross train so that if we needed to cover for our coworker was done with not issue
Fun and Friendly place that is very diversed. Great environment for academic soloution for the low income students.
Human Resources Specialist/Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 20, 2015
Working at RCC for the past fifteen years has been a special experience for me, both because of the deep personal and professional connections I have made, and because of the special spirit that is present at the college.
Certain aspects of the position are especially inspirational. As an academic institution in a neighborhood that has been at the vanguard of anti-racism since before the Civil War, I believe RCC can, and should, have a leadership role in addressing fairness in hiring, along with other issues towards which our community is endowed with a special perspective by virtue of its diversity and history. Diversity improves productivity and, maybe even more importantly, creativity. I think we have done a good job at HR in incorporating diversity but, as with anything else, we can always strive to improve.
Pros
Diversity in all levels
Cons
Performance management feedback
Great Place to work
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY OPERATIONS MANGER (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 29, 2015
Excellent environment to work with great diversity.... The College has students from 120 different nationalities.

The College provides residents of the Commonwealth, specifically those individuals living in the greater Boston area, "optimum opportunity for access to a college education consistent with their interests and aptitudes and to reduce to a minimum economic, social, psychological and academic barriers to educational opportunity." The college's goals are the result of ideas generated by and from the college community and reflect a response to the needs of the larger Roxbury community.
Pros
Cons
Funding