Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Employee Reviews

Could travel and work in multinational team
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 11, 2017
I started my day at 6 am and finished around 10 pm. All my managers were very supportive and friendly, so I could not feel any stress at work and, thus, could enjoy serving guests more. The hardest part was to stay away from family and home during 6 months contract. The most enjoable part was working in multinational team.
Pros
Traveling, good salary
Cons
Long contract, stay away from home
Good company
Casino Finance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 11, 2017
Excellent benefits. Great cruise benefits for employee and family. Yearly raises. great time paid off package. Various locations to work from in Miami, Dade and Broward.
Customer Service Representative - Blended Support (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ORDecember 10, 2017
Great place to work if you are into sales, every call is a sales call, and I never really liked that too much, but that was me...one of the easiest sales calls I've ever had...and it was all inbound.
A very nice and fun place to work
Inventory Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLDecember 8, 2017
Enjoyable and able to meet nice people and go to nice places all over the world
Too many work policies to comply with
Good working relations between crew and management
Too much work demands for ratings
Pros
Going to great places and meeting many people of other culture
Cons
long hours of work, long contracts
Loved the company, hated the management!
PARTNER ADVOCATE (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ORDecember 8, 2017
I loved booking and designing cruises for people. It was one of the funnest jobs I've ever had, but after I got married my immediate manager decided that she didn't want me around anymore and did everything she could to make my work life unbearable. I ended up leaving due to it causing too much stress on my body while I was pregnant.
Pros
Free Cruise after 1 year
Cons
Horrible supervisors
extensive travel
Global Fleet Superintendent Coatings and Linings (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 7, 2017
no work life balance,very political organization, extensive travel. very difficult to get results due to obstructionist attitude from others within the organization
The best work experienece
Group Reservations Agent II (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 5, 2017
This Job was probably the best experience I ever had.
From day one training, to reservations, to moving up to group reservations and then to charter! it was something I could not describe.
If I lived in Miami again I would probably still be working for them.
Pros
Great vacation Benefits
Cons
fast pace work environment
Carrer,culture.management,working hours and benefits
GUEST RELATIONS (Current Employee) –  united statesDecember 4, 2017
career growth and development.
culture diversity learn
management good
long hours its more challenging but keep positive
traveling around the world,
Pros
free housing and food
Cons
pay over time
Mixed bag of good, bad, and ugly
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ORDecember 3, 2017
Wish I could give a mixed review depending on departments there. Overall it's fun at first, if you're ok with call center work and micro-managing. You get a cruise, great products, decent benefits, and there are some really amazing people there. But some departments and leaders are better than others, and generally it's not a good idea to promote into leadership - high stress, low pay, and some toxic leaders if you land in the wrong department - namely Consumer Outreach. Those bad leaders generally learn habits from the top AVP of CO.
Pros
free cruise after a year, nice facility
Cons
low pay, high stress and pressure
Excellent place to work
Featured Singer (Former Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLDecember 2, 2017
I found this to be a very enriching experience for myself as an individual and a performer. I was able to grow, while feeling challenged in my field.
Pros
Traveling the world
Cons
Being away from home on long contracts
BEST job in Eugene / Springfield area.
Supervisor, Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ORDecember 1, 2017
Where else can you walk into a position, hired off the street with sometimes no previous skills in this type of workplace (some of our best Customer Service agents came from the fast food industry), get to go through a month of training (REAL training in a classroom environment led by a real trainer, not a video), before you ever take your first call?

Average starting wage runs about $35K+ annully, when you hit your incentive. Opportunity for MUCH MORE in direct sales department.

It is a call center; so yes, every day is not a picnic. Most days are truly awesome, but we all get that one phone call or escalation...but like I said, it is a call center.

Management is pretty awesome. Perfect? No, who is? But it is not for a lack of trying.

This place is so employee-centric it is unreal at times. They (everyone from CEO, VP's and on down the line) ask for your opinions on how to make it a better place for you to work, actually listen, then do their very best to support the wishes of the employees.

Although the on the phone work may not be for everyone, there are off phone roles that you can promote to; just show up, do your job, and be positive. In a very short time you can find your niche.

It is a vacation company, so if you are a Debbie Downer or a Negative Ned, no need to apply. You won't last long here.
Pros
Awesome people working in a tough environment who become your extended family.
Cons
Hurricanes and Itinerary changes; both beyond our control, but make for a tough week.
Enjoyable workplace
CUSTOMER SERVICE, Check-In Agent (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRDecember 1, 2017
A very nice job where guests comes happy to your desk. I learned about culture and about countries a didn't know that existed. The hardest part of the job is where you have to tell the guest that they can not go on board because they don't have all the documents needed. The most enjoyable part of the job is when the guest thanks you for everything you did for them and they shake your hand. The supervisors were very flexible with you and helped you with everything you needed.
Pros
Many oportunities
Cons
Guest claims
Cruise Ship Life
Assistant Cruise Director/ Cruise Director (Former Employee) –  MiamiNovember 29, 2017
A lot of meetings about what can be done but not a lot of doing. Very make something out of nothing a lot of the time.
The life is great and i have made a lot of friends and would recommend it
Unique environment
Cruise and Entertainment division (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLNovember 29, 2017
As a shipboard employee, the travel and hospitality environment of RCCL proved to be very unique and interesting. Being away for long periods of time and working onboard within a fast-paced, demanding environment is not for everyone. But, I enjoyed my time there. The guest and staff interactions were wonderful, for the most part. I loved the travel, too!
Pros
Travel and guest interaction
Cons
Shipboard/Nautical Rules and Regulations are a bit extreme
Challenging to work
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLNovember 28, 2017
Its really Challenging to work in Fast Faced Environment. Acquired more skills & worked in Good Team. Really a Pleasure to work in Royal Caribbean LTD
Pros
Learned more about the Team work.
fun work place
Maître d'hôtel- (Food & Beverage Service) (Former Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLNovember 28, 2017
Supervision/support of a professional welcoming and sales orientated F&B Service. Ensuring the correct handling of all products, materials and equipment. Ensuring absolute cleanliness and order in accordance with HACCP rules. Operation of service procedures according to standards (e.g. menus, decoration). Organization and execution of F&B related ship functions and special events. Performance according to company standards and HACCP rules. Supervision and motivation of restaurant and bar crew. Participation in dis-/embarkation and luggage duty & loadings.
Very Fun place to work
Cruise Representative (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 26, 2017
Very Awesome Place to work for and I'm trying at the moment to actually get back on with them, It was a very enjoyable role to fulfill, Hopefully everything works out and i get to go back!
working experience
Room Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  western caribeanNovember 24, 2017
I have a great colleagues in my past ship and thats is enough for me to work there. And also i love my job as well specially to serve a guest what their needs.
Royal Caribbean is good place to work
Technical Project Buyer (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 21, 2017
Royal Caribbean is company that is offers may benefits (Training, cruise, gym and wellness). Although the job is fast paced, it is relaxed workplace. It's recent actions during Hurricane Irma, demonstrate that it's a company that cares about the well being of it's employees. Overall, it is a great place to learn and work.
Pros
Benefits (insurance, cruising, employee wellness programs)
It was fun until they moved
Senior Partner Advocate (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 19, 2017
I worked there for many years. I worked up from an individual reservations agent to a group reservations specialist. I was responsible for booking groups for a certain travel agency. Then the company relocated to Oregon.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No longer exists in my area

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2