Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Employee Reviews

Difficult work environment.
Commi - I Chef (Former Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLOctober 15, 2018
Woking in Cruise is by no means an easy environment. As an employee, you have to work more than 12hr a day plus there is no day off for your whole contract and at the same time you don't even get paid on vacation. But in spite of all the cons. The only good thing about working is that everyone works hard and as a family.
Pros
Free Lunch and Free accommodation
Cons
Long hours, No offs
work onboard
System Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 14, 2018
Working for this company has helped develop my professional business skills, travel to other countries and worked on different systems.All food and traveling was paid by RCCL.
Great workplace
Senior Executive Assistant, Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 11, 2018
Learned a lot of the cruise industry. Every day was different and a challenge. From the Sales Department to the Executive office the staff is amazing and all worked together.
Pros
Best Benefits
Cons
Travel time and distance.
Productive and fun workplace
Data Steward, Advisory Team (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 9, 2018
Workplace culture was amazing. Team oriented environment. Strong culture presence.The more enjoyable part of job was going on board ships on turn days.
Pros
Casual Fridays, free food
Cons
Short breaks
competitive fast past with new experiences on tours
Culinary Operations (Cook) (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 9, 2018
experience of a lifetime being able to travel various islands and countries. Preparing meals for hundreds of guess and crew members in a given timeframe and having to compete with other chefs from other restaurants.
Pros
Refund on visa application and ticket purchase.
Cons
No day off and long working hours.
fun at times
state room attentant/ housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 9, 2018
working with royal Caribbean was a good experience. it thought me to be efficient and hard working. at times it was very stress full. the hardest part of the job was working hard and it the end the guess takes back there money after telling you what great and wonderful service you give to them. most enjoyable part was making the guest happy delivering the GOLD ANCHOR standard for those who remember great and smile, own the problem, look the part deliver the WOW.
great place to work if you enjoy being away from home
Cruise Director (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 5, 2018
22 years and counting. great company to work for with excellent salary, but if you are married or have kids like myself, it's challenging being away for 8 months a year
Pros
free healthcare
Cons
long daily hours 7 days a week
Laid off
Customer Service Representative- Call Center (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 5, 2018
Loved working at RC, but i got called for a more permanent job.
They could have paid more, but of course that's FL!!! Schedule was ridiculous and they didn't want to help the employees with being flexible!!!
Pros
Discounted cruises
Cons
N/a
Good and learning experience
Pastry Cook (Former Employee) –  United States of America and the carribeansOctober 4, 2018
The work experience was enriching. I learned additional skills and met new people that helped me improve my social or people skills as well

At times it may have been tiring especially during inspection, but with the help of my co-workers I as able to get by.
Working on a cruis lines gives you opportunity to see the lots of new places visit other countries
Stateroom attendant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 28, 2018
Working with a lot of different nationalities gives you opportunity to learn about there culture and life styles communication with different guests and crew members is really very helpful and you can learn a lot this is a very interesting and knowledgeable experience
Na
Intern / IT Operations (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLSeptember 27, 2018
I interned there for a few months. Staff was kind and always willing to share knowledge. Great family environment. I'd definitely consider working/interning there again.
great place
Senior reservations agent (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ORSeptember 25, 2018
Great place, warm and friendly environment with a lot of benefits, there was plenty of paid time off and vacation days even for new people, including a floating holiday as well as there are some unpaid vacation days available should you need them they have shift bids for all of the different shifts
Pros
Benefits, decent pay, discounts on cruises
Cruise Ship Job
Accommodation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 24, 2018
Traveling the world while you get to earn money is a great privilege you to have working in a luxury ship. You get to meet new people as well and to know different cultures.
Pros
travel the world
Exciting and innovated
Strategic Specialist Consultant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 24, 2018
Lots of work, but interesting, fun however it is ongoing and never stops. It is a large company, used to care and want to retain employees but with changing time it has changed too. However, it is trying to get back to putting employees first.
trabajo con condiciones laborales necesarias
4to cocinero (Former Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLSeptember 19, 2018
excelente grupos de trabajo que sigue altos estándares de calidad y cumplimiento de las normas de salubridad de los estados unidos.
Cons
horarios laborales extensos
Plenty entertainment is available
Chef de Partie (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 18, 2018
It’s a very high pace work environment and long hours. Expect to work at least ten hours everyday.you get to travel the world getting paid to do it. You can apply online the company have a new ship coming soon so they will be hiring at a high rate. Your first two weeks come with a lot of training with the company having so many new ships promotion comes quick
Pros
Free food rent free
Inventory Control Specialist (ICS) (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 17, 2018
During a typical work week, one of my biggest tasks is checking in on my staff and assessing progress on various projects. I like to meet first thing on Mondays to discuss our priorities for the week, then meet again in the middle of the week to check progress, and once at the end of the week to discuss goal setting for the next week. I meet with smaller groups of my staff in the middle of the week to troubleshoot any issues.
Pros
See alot of places
Cons
Small salary
fun to work with
WAITER (Former Employee) –  miami florida usaSeptember 17, 2018
almost a whole day of work during turn around day, meet different nationality and learn about their culture.being away from the family for awhile but you will see the world for free
Pros
free acomodation
Cons
break schedule
Great work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 12, 2018
Employee event participation, training, and holidays very celebrated. Great parking, amazing location. Great co-worker collaboration and very helpful/friendly team.
Pros
Fun environment, fair and respectful management
Cons
unable to offer me a permanent position
Tough gig if over 50
Assistant Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FloridaSeptember 12, 2018
Life was good at the start but after 2 months I was worn out & after another 2 months I resigned for personal reasons ie I had to go landslide at least every fortnight but it was really impossible
Pros
Sun & Sea
Cons
Too many hours & the constant change of personnel got me down

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

See reviews about

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight