Royal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Ok to work for but not for a long time
Mortgage Loan Specialist (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNJuly 27, 2018
Average company with bias and does not stand behind their so called goals. Very nice at the beginning but after a few months people show their thru colors.
Pros
Rotating weekends
Cons
Two face employees
My manager was a bully
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJuly 9, 2018
My manager was a bully. I spoke with the next level of management and they allowed it to continue on. It made it a completely unacceptable work environment.
Pros
pay
Cons
Values are just for show
July 16, 2018

Hi – this is Jan Johnson, EVP of Organizational Agility. I am sorry to hear of your concerns. What you describe is certainly not the team member experience we strive to provide and our high team member engagement scores indicate it would be an exception. We have an open door policy at Royal and, if you did not receive the response for which you hoped from your next level of management, I wish that you would have pursued it further within your leadership group, or directly with Team Member Relations so that your concerns could have been investigated. I wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Well run Internship
Barista (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIMay 2, 2018
I worked very closely with the CEO as well as the board directors learning about investments and how to run a large scale company. I also assisted in educating younger people on the importance of interest rates, saving money and investing money at an early age so their money has an opportunity to grow even more.
Pros
great experience and names on my resume
Cons
one year internship, but they let me stay on longer
May 9, 2018

Hi, this is Jan Johnson, Royal’s EVP of Organizational Agility. Thank you for your 5-star review and feedback. We value our Internship Program and the work each of you do, and it is nice to hear of your great experience here at Royal. Best wishes to you now and in your future.

Most enjoyable atmosphere
Teller (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIMarch 1, 2018
Working for RCU was a thrill though stressful. The people are wonderful and patient! I still bank with them. Every employee makes you feel right at home with RCU.
March 8, 2018

Hi, this is Jan Johnson, Royal’s EVP of Organizational Agility. Thank you for your 5-star review and feedback, we are happy to hear you speak of our enjoyable atmosphere here at Royal. We certainly work at being our best! Our team members are truly one of a kind, living out our core purpose and core values, and we strive at recruiting and retaining high impact talent in achieving our goals. We want that hometown feel and are happy you feel that way too. Thank you for your continued Membership, we wish you the best in your current endeavors.

Best place I have ever worked
Mortgage loan Servicing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIFebruary 17, 2018
I Love Working at Royal. My position is challenging and interesting. I am never bored at work and while there is a bit of competition for movement my teammates are extremely supportive and encouraging as well as management working with me to grow. Opportunity for cross training in other departments is easily accessible and the executive team is transparent in how the company is doing (good and bad). Yearly goals are communicated clearly and progress is monitored and if you are behind support is available to help you succeed.

Benefits are as good as they get for an HSA qualifying high deductible health plan. They also offer vision, dental, and life insurance. They also offer legal assistance as well as long and short term disability. They also offer some tuition reimbursement providing the devoid relevant to your job or another job within the organization.

You start with paid vacation as well as earned paid sick time. I don’t know the exact ratio for earned sick time per hour worked but it seems to add up quickly working full time.

After working for quite a few different companies in the Chippewa Valley I can say this is the best place I have ever worked and have no intention of ever leaving. Any cons are outweighed by all of the pros. I feel like I am valued and know I have room to grow.
Pros
Great team atmosphere, room for growth, great support from management
Cons
Strict dress code, high expectations for workers
February 23, 2018

Hi, this is Jan Johnson, Royal’s EVP of Organizational Agility. Thank you very much for your feedback. We value the input we receive from our team members. I speak for the entire Royal leadership team when I say that providing an exceptional environment for our team members to succeed and grow is something for which we strive. It is gratifying to know that you are having a great employment experience with Royal and plan to make your career with us. We look forward to working with you to help you fulfill your aspirations.

not at this time
Registered Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WINovember 18, 2017
I am still employed there and do not want to review at this time. Once I know longer work there, I will be happy to provide this information, but not now.
It's a okay place to work
MEMBER ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WINovember 17, 2017
Team members are over worked and underpaid. The training is terrible. The corporate office is in WI, so if you're applying for a position in MN, they would expect you to drive all the way there and train. The trainers know nothing about MN state laws when it comes to finance. A lot of upper management empowerment. False hopes for advancement. Bad communication.
Pros
Benefits, treating members positively
Cons
Taking adavantage of team members, over worked under paid.
Great Company
Member Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Chippewa Falls, WINovember 1, 2017
Royal Credit Union really cares about their team members and members. Everyone who works there goes above and beyond to make sure that everyone is taken care of.
November 20, 2017

Thank you for your kind words and 5-star rating. We definitely do have an amazing team culture, reflective of our core purpose and core values, here at Royal!

Too much for too little pay
Member Services (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJuly 20, 2017
ruins your everyday sense of normalcy due to the hours. its a lot of learning and stuff to stress out about and the money doesn't really make up for it.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
strict about ridiculous things for being a glorified call center
July 24, 2017

Feedback from our team members is crucial to running efficient and effective departments where all voices are heard and whenever possible, acted upon. We strongly encourage you to reach out to your supervisor and share your concerns and any ideas you may have for improvements for the Member Service Center or any other aspect of Royal; it could be a wonderful opportunity to work together toward continuous improvement.

-Nina Strand, Member Service Manager

Fun place to work!
Item Processor (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIMarch 28, 2017
Everyone becomes a family member. You will never have a bad experience working at Royal. It is a truly phenominal place to work and I would highly recommend this job to anyone!
Pros
Free lunches, good environment
Cons
Short breaks
Practiced the fish philosophy.
Collection Representative (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIFebruary 16, 2017
Over all a great place to work, just wanted to move up and wasn't given the chance therefore when I was offered a job with River Country Co-op I took the next step in my career building.
Great Place to Work
Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIDecember 7, 2016
I encourage you to reach out to Team Members for their accounts. They are driven by their core purpose and core values. The Executive Leadership Team is tops for any organization I have been involved with.
Electronic Payment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WISeptember 26, 2016
Many different positions within the company to promote from within, excellent benefits, community involvement. Proud to work here
Great place to work.
Business Loan Representative (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIMay 5, 2016
Royal Credit Union was a great place to work. I would recommend it to anyone. They are very supportive of their employees.
Awesome place to work
Database Engineer (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIFebruary 9, 2016
Family oriented and friendly place to work. We care about the life we touch, we respect our core value, to do the right thing and to make it easy etc
Great Place to Work
Member Account Representative III (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIDecember 14, 2015
Great atmosphere and work environment. Always been treated very well in both positions that I have been with at Royal. There is chances to move up within the company as well.
Terrible Benefits and Pay
MSR (Former Employee) –  WisconsinNovember 16, 2015
The health insurance is terrible. Very expensive for employee plus spouse and rates increase every year with no prescription benefits and high deductibles. I can't imagine trying to support a family as a teller on their wage and expensive insurance.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Terrible insurance, low pay
Member Account Representative II (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJuly 28, 2015
Royal Credit Union cares about their team members and work with their members in the best way that they can. Royal's core values make sure that each team member is going to help their members to be highly satisfied.
Truly lives their company core values
Business Loan Analyst (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJune 17, 2015
RCU is a great company to work for. The people are terrific, some of the nicest folks I've known. Anyone interested in working at a credit union should check them out.
Productive and exciting
Financial Sales Representative IV (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIMay 15, 2015
Working at moholt has a culture of depending on you to take care of the member like you would like to be treated. I have grown tremendously throughout the past 9 years, learning everything I can about various types of banking products. The management at RCU is fantastic. They enjoy providing feedback and accepting your needs to learn more things. They allow you to grow and provide you more responsibility. We are a team within Moholt and the rest of the RCU employees, we all work together to provide the best service for our members. I love working with the our members, they teach me things, and I get to help them out. Sometimes it can get pretty busy with members coming in back to back and can be a little stressful in trying to get everything done by the end of the day. RCU is a great place to work and grow.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Royal Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.